Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Children in cages

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Mmmm your press is not connected to your decision makers ?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    I'd like to chime in at this point and comment about the fact: Child Abuse as a topic is never front and centre of newspapers/television/beam ray technology, for any length of time. Sporadic items might make it to the news but they are buried among all the weather reports and traffic reports. Yes I am being sarcastic - for those of you who don't know me.

The topic of Child Abuse should be front and centre - not football and where the latest bombs were dropped and endless dramas involving politicians.

Children being separated from their parents is happening everywhere, all around the globe we call planet Earth. It is happening within many, many, many settings. Not just judicial courts and immigration and social services - it is absolutely everywhere. Those of you who know me - you will realise that I see the topic from a perspective not made available to all. I do soooooooooooooooooooooo want to publish recent documents.

It took me seven years to have one item of Mandatory Reporting to be addressed - and - the POI was a convicted paedophile!! Needless to say the NSW Police Commissioner made sure that the matter was finally addressed. The same NSW Police Commissioner has addressed a second issue - that's two responses this year.

So, to bring my post back to the thread topic. I see the political involvement of a subject such as: Children held in Cages, as a band aid. The more the public push the subject out into the light of day, the more pressure it puts on the politicians to be seen to be doing something... get the picture?

Did anyone note the royal wedding and how quickly it came around and was organised? Then very quickly and quietly Weinstein was arrested. Is that a psy op/black op - with a distraction - so that the sleepers will keep sleeping?????

Keep this subject out there in the light - it is the only way to conquer it. It will take time and effort but 'they' cannot shut down the Souls and Conscience of 99.9% of the global population - can 'they'?

Much Peace & Much Respect - Nydelig Unger You are not Nameless and You are not forgotten - Amanda

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), GraceKB (28th June 2018), JRS (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I don't know if that is a pro or a con question but in the U.S. the press has traditionally held the decision makers within constitutional law...Trump is not only trying to sever that safeguard, he is trying to buy the supporting parts to dictate news to them...and it's working.

One of the 'false' parallels that always cracks me up is the notion that Clinton was as bad or Nixon or Trump...Seriously, take a look at it...Clinton was impeached for a freebie and both Nixon and Trump attempted to undermine the supposed sanctity of the American constitution.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 6th June 2018 at 01:26.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The press in terms of its role as the fourth estate needs to be protected and enlivened (or brought back to life). Trump may inadvertently accomplish that in the way that he attacks it relentlessly.

Trump straight out said he maligns the press so that when it reports on his misdeeds people won't believe it. It's about him, not about truth.

The popular narrative is that the press is controlled by the state decision makers. It isn't. It's about money, as always.

The President seems to have chosen Hannity from Fox News to be his counselor, he speaks to him almost daily.

We don't even know how many meetings Trump has had with Putin. The White House straight out says it won't talk about who comes to the White House.

That means the American people don't know who is coming to consult with the President. And we're paying for it all. With our tax dollars and our dignity.

Thanks to Modrad for pointing out how juvenile it was for the President to make the children a partisan issue.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Last edited by enjoy being, 9th June 2018 at 03:52.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Thanks to Modrad for pointing out how juvenile it was for the President to make the children a partisan issue.
    You're welcome.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    never fear, Dreamtimer...there are decent humans in the world that would act if they could...the fact that people would mindlessly thank a post that though not intended dismisses a pretty inhumane situation. is testament to where we are as a 'civil American society'...This is why we as a global species continue to slide into barbarism rather than raising our level of social consciousness...sure why not!
    I was not dismissing anything, and the people who thanked my post were doing that because I sought to rectify a misconception, and they could see my post for what it was. I don't think there was anything "mindless" about that.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The fact that Donald Trump is a disease, as you called him — more appropriate would be to compare him to a third-world dictator like Robert Mugabe — does not suddenly make the US Democrats into heroes in the battle between good and evil, nor does it make Hillary Clinton any less of a psychopath. modwiz's post #12 and post #14 say it all.

It really helps to put things into perspective, instead of turning it into yet another US Acronymian bipartisan debacle. The US Democrats and the US Republicans are one and the same party, but with their respective members wearing a different mask toward the outside world. The fact that Trump chooses to blame something on the Democrats is irrelevant. It's a convenient distraction before anyone who doesn't have the wits to see through it.

I will not be drawn into yet another Dypocrites vs. Repuglicans debate, so here's another thread I'm taking my leave from.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Fred Steeves (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018), Melidae (6th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    My focus is on the children who are not of any party and no longer of any nation.

This is the time where these children' minds and hearts are being shaped. Most children of illegal immigrants become proud, productive citizens. Why is it that doesn't seem to matter?

I would never forget being torn from my mother and caged. I'd remember it for my whole life. And I'd remember who was responsible.

These children, their families, and a whole lot of other people are going to be very disappointed in our nation and its lack of care and compassion.

This affects more than these children in the long run.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I was not dismissing anything, and the people who thanked my post were doing that because I sought to rectify a misconception, and they could see my post for what it was. I don't think there was anything "mindless" about that.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The fact that Donald Trump is a disease, as you called him — more appropriate would be to compare him to a third-world dictator like Robert Mugabe — does not suddenly make the US Democrats into heroes in the battle between good and evil, nor does it make Hillary Clinton any less of a psychopath. modwiz's post #12 and post #14 say it all.

It really helps to put things into perspective, instead of turning it into yet another US Acronymian bipartisan debacle. The US Democrats and the US Republicans are one and the same party, but with their respective members wearing a different mask toward the outside world. The fact that Trump chooses to blame something on the Democrats is irrelevant. It's a convenient distraction before anyone who doesn't have the wits to see through it.

I will not be drawn into yet another Dypocrites vs. Repuglicans debate, so here's another thread I'm taking my leave from.
    that wasnt intended for you...it was for those that know who they are...if nobody? well, then I wasted my time completely typing the post...

my goodness, know thy self, Aragorn...you are the last one I would consider mindless, uncaring, biased, or any of the above...you're wasting your indignation on me...

but I can see Fred Six-Pack and Modwiz are on board with you...I wonder why? because they are in heartfelt agreement with your honesty, straightforwardness among all the other good qualities that you possess. That's the kind of sh*t I'm sick of...
    Quote Originally posted by enjoy being View Post
    Is it ranting time? okay.

It is about 4000 different illnesses of about 7.5 billion people.
    The tapestry of life having turned into a birdsnest of threads that when you go to touch one, find that it is one big long individual poo. Pointing at one thing, like, it's money, is futile. It is and it isn't it is about 4000 different diseases, most of the western ones being of the mind and the heart. Money is the vehicle for other addictions for different peoples pleasures. Fulfilment of their insecurities, sexual, financial, emotional.

Cure every single heart and the little pooey squiggles that people try and spotlight all go away.
    The age old dilemma. People wanting to save the world by pointing their fingers at all the squiggles and sh1tnests.
    Trying to use the same gloves to untangle as to make a new bed. It is pretty ridiculous.
    Over and over the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be for every single poo factory to be able to genuinely look at themselves and sort out their own sh1t. Easier said than done, especially when it seems even the aware people cant resist jumping back in the trough and pretending that the regurgitation of finger pointing and blame will magically sort it out.
    The worst of the worst are always up there on the podiums pointing fingers and promising to wipe everyone's butts for them, but the 'everyone' seem to be quite happy to wait for the hollow promise and will sit festering away with their crusty pants creating new smelly distractions. Whack-a-mole doesn't work it just lets the worst of the worst slip down the tube.
    I have no solutions for you. And that is what leaders should have been saying for decades.
    People fought and died so we could vote. And before that, no one fought and died and we didn't vote.
    People will continue to make a career out of pretending to fix while causing outrages, the closed loop of making sure people are outraged and off balance. It has become so easy to do these days as we watch people squabble with fallacy. Cherry picking out rages and then getting outraged at other cherry picking outrages.
    Which atrocity happened first? Why should I become more outraged at one over another? What is the motivation behind ones motivation to emotionalise? It is ALL fucked as far as I am concerned, how dare anyone suggest I for a moment was hypocritical purely for their own personal beef, their own issues of anger and disgust.
    :-P
    exactly...we need to denounce it all, in every form...how could a person of conscious do anything else...sometimes the lines are blurred for a reason...killing/dehumanizing children has no line...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 6th June 2018 at 23:20.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (7th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (7th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    So, we all agree, individually we are doing our best, in differing facets, for the children, our children, the now and futures treasures, yes ?.

So much we not know of but we can work with what is around us, the children we are connected to, that we know or a smile for a street child even.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (7th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Merkley spoke some more today:

"...portions of the facility makes use of barriers in order to separate minors of different genders and age groups,” the department said in a statement.
    “Well, it's just a matter of them not being comfortable with that term to describe it,” he said. “They're big boxes made out of wire and fence posts. Call them whatever you want.”
    "This is morally bankrupt and wrong on every level," he said. "You don't hurt children in order to influence policy decision."

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (7th June 2018), Elen (7th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    So, we all agree, individually we are doing our best, in differing facets, for the children, our children, the now and futures treasures, yes ?.

So much we not know of but we can work with what is around us, the children we are connected to, that we know or a smile for a street child even.
    most assuredly yes, I have befriended street children with pain in my heart for those hapless innocent human beings.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (7th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (7th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Last edited by enjoy being, 9th June 2018 at 03:52.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2018), Aragorn (7th June 2018), Dreamtimer (7th June 2018), Elen (7th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    From what I can gather data wise, this was all put into place and functioning pre 2016, yes ?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2018), Elen (9th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Here is a snippit from your press that came to me this morning >

“He voted against closing the ‘catch-and-release’ loopholes used by child smugglers, and his reckless open borders policies are responsible for the permanent separation of thousands of American families who have been forced to bury their loved ones,” Gidley added. “No one is taking a public safety lecture from Sen. Merkley, whose own policies endanger children, empower human smugglers and drug cartels, and allow violent criminal aliens to flood into American communities.”

Feel you would put him in Trumps camp

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2018), Elen (9th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2018), Kathy (9th June 2018)