Thread: "Ravenous desire for the highest aspiration of our life" leads to Happiness

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

"Ravenous desire for the highest aspiration of our life" leads to Happiness

Mitch Horowitz is someone who researches American Positivist Spirituality (displayed on its surface level and trivialized in "The Secret"). He is in an interview here with Regina Meredith that really speaks to me. Like him, I am not at all convinced that to be desireless is at all my path. I seek to be in a Miracle Club with others who feel a passion for directed self change to explore the great potential I feel is real. This is the potential to experience the material world full of riches we have yearned to know.

I think we have been guided away from believing we can, deserve to be and should desire to be HAPPY in physical. IMO to contribute productive, renewing, creative new ways for old needs to be fulfilled is a beautiful passion. I think that change is a constant but I do have faith that we were placed in a body with a mind and heart and inclinations to EXPRESS desires. It makes me terrifically happy to find I am not the only one.

In an age that especially needs big doses of truth, fueled by a "ravenous desire" for the highest aspirations in our lives, this message is a breath of fresh air. Mitch Horowitz, one of my favorite interviewees on my Open Minds show on GaiaTV, talks with us about how the New Age movement has reached a point that demands that we commit to a mature and "generative" path in our development. Eloquent and profound, Mitch's perspectives are like a truth salve that helps us take our lives on in a very real way, to manifest the parts of ourselves that we hold dearest. This is, in my opinion, a MUST WATCH video.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEFF3GKUupg

Psycho Cybernetics is alluded to in the video

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...MTQwNGYyMWVmMg

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2018), Aragorn (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (5th June 2018), Elen (5th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th June 2018), enjoy being (5th June 2018), modwiz (4th June 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post

I think we have been guided away from believing we can, deserve to be and should desire to be HAPPY in physical. IMO to contribute productive, renewing, creative new ways for old needs to be fulfilled is a beautiful passion. I think that change is a constant but I do have faith that we were placed in a body with a mind and heart and inclinations to EXPRESS desires. It makes me terrifically happy to find I am not the only one.
    This music feels like desire

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmucZx5_ig

(another version)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRse2hbCzc

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ePLG6iW0oA

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yv7lRMWDlU
    Last edited by Maggie, 5th June 2018 at 03:39.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2018), Aragorn (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (5th June 2018), Elen (5th June 2018), enjoy being (5th June 2018), modwiz (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    I have been contemplating what I mean for my own use of the elemental desire. I liken desire to the spirit of romance and the tantalizing mysteries. I had a past life regression in which I day dreamed a very old sick man in a dungeon. I was there in my imagination with his feeling of humility. He was reduced to a state where he lost his pride. But I was in awe of the story I imagined because he had been proud of his knowledge which menat nothing at this end. I glimpsed a story of him leaving his home and family to pursue the mysteries. He had traveled and learned enough to feel pride in his mind. He wanted fame. He talked too much. he attracted the attention of the wrong people and he could not deliver what they wanted so he was thrown in the dungeons to die.

In this reverie my deepest desire was to contact my daughter. She was at the home he had abandonned with her own family. I composed a letter. I had no one to take it to her. I was broken in such unfulfilled desire to be home. My humility was that I had never needed to look for knowledge because it won't carry us home in time to enjoy life and what we crave at the end... our beloveds. In the trance I took his letter and made it part of my story. I felt like the daughter who one day felt her father and knew he loved her and I felt like the daughter wrapping her arms around me. It was an experience that is part of my mythology.

Magic is what is MINE right in my own back yard. I now imagine that part of me as a companion. He is sometimes with me talking over what he learned. I absolutely intend to have full use of my own knowledge that can neither be stolen or sold and used all I wish. IMO magic's fuel is our own real desire expressed and the result is..... what could it be? Magic.

Is desire what god disguises herself in?
    The critics say that god first raises up what she would destroy?
    Perhaps that is because desire can never be fulfilled. It is like a catylyst that cannot and will not be altered. It is not consumed in objects of desire. But that is so romantic!

What I am meditating upon is that those who KNOW they are not the body, the matrix is false and that we create through belief can wisely follow desire without fear.I perceive this as having swept the old order away.

more music of my longing of divine romance(the Leelah of which I am in and is within me)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGn27OvFDZY

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2018), Aragorn (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (5th June 2018), Elen (5th June 2018), modwiz (5th June 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    The track at 19:45 is one of my favorites...thanks for the album Maggie!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2018), Aragorn (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (5th June 2018), modwiz (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Nice nice, ta for introduckkytion to this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvt...1AST42hcgPMMqA Maggie

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), modwiz (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    [...] introduckkytion [...]
    Oh, that's another nice one! You're keeping it within the animal realm. I'm going to add that to the cattylist.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), modwiz (5th June 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Oh, that's another nice one! You're keeping it within the animal realm. I'm going to add that to the cattylist.
    I was turtle-ee pleased to share because I love the lynx I find here from otters.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    I was turtle-ee pleased to share because I love the lynx I find here from otters.
    For all in tents and porpoises, you hit the snail on the head.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018)