Thread: Programmed to Kill

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts

Programmed to Kill

In my investigation of MK ULTRA, I've found another well documented source:

"Programmed to Kill" by Dave McGowan

https://www.amazon.com/Programmed-Ki...+david+mcgowan

The specter of the marauding serial killer has become a relatively common feature on the American landscape. Reactions to these modern-day monsters range from revulsion to morbid fascination-fascination that is either fed by, or a product of, the saturation coverage provided by print and broadcast media, along with a dizzying array of books, documentary films, websites, and "Movies of the Week". The prevalence in Western culture of images of serial killers (and mass murderers) has created in the public mind a consensus view of what a serial killer is. Most people are aware, to some degree, of the classic serial killer 'profile.' But what if there is a much different 'profile'-one that has not received much media attention? In Programmed to Kill, acclaimed and always controversial author David McGowan takes a fresh look at the lives of many of America's most notorious accused murderers, focusing on the largely hidden patterns that suggest that there may be more to the average serial killer story than meets the eye. Think you know everything there is to know about serial killers? Or is it possible that sometimes what everyone 'knows' to be true isn't really true at all?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (21st May 2018), Elen (18th May 2018), JRS (17th May 2018), Kathy (21st May 2018), modwiz (17th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    In my investigation of MK ULTRA, I've found another well documented source:

"Programmed to Kill" by Dave McGowan

https://www.amazon.com/Programmed-Ki...+david+mcgowan

The specter of the marauding serial killer has become a relatively common feature on the American landscape. Reactions to these modern-day monsters range from revulsion to morbid fascination-fascination that is either fed by, or a product of, the saturation coverage provided by print and broadcast media, along with a dizzying array of books, documentary films, websites, and "Movies of the Week". The prevalence in Western culture of images of serial killers (and mass murderers) has created in the public mind a consensus view of what a serial killer is. Most people are aware, to some degree, of the classic serial killer 'profile.' But what if there is a much different 'profile'-one that has not received much media attention? In Programmed to Kill, acclaimed and always controversial author David McGowan takes a fresh look at the lives of many of America's most notorious accused murderers, focusing on the largely hidden patterns that suggest that there may be more to the average serial killer story than meets the eye. Think you know everything there is to know about serial killers? Or is it possible that sometimes what everyone 'knows' to be true isn't really true at all?
    buying it...I hope it is rational...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (21st May 2018), Dumpster Diver (17th May 2018), Elen (21st May 2018), Kathy (21st May 2018)

Thanks
    MK Ultra and the making of the Unabomber

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...bomber/378239/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2018), Dreamtimer (21st May 2018), Elen (21st May 2018), Kathy (21st May 2018), modwiz (21st May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    What about 'life is like a mirror" or "I am the world and the world is me"?

What about the death penalty? Is this not murder, an eye for an eye, making us all as bad as the serial killer, although we would deny such? What is society producing? We are all part of that, so I am the world and the world is me. Circumstances decide the path minds take. There, but for grace, go I.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), modwiz (21st May 2018)

Thanks
    The point of all this is the serial killers are fabricated by the CIA and their leash holders, to install fear among us.

The “killers” are like a gun, loaded and used to kill others by the deep state.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), JRS (22nd May 2018), Kathy (21st May 2018), modwiz (21st May 2018)