Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Judd astrology

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    As years have passed I have been dealing less and less with my brothers, we used to be quite close once. Scorpio was always a teaser with me and difficult with parents earlier, but other than things were swell with us. No real animosity ever as family is what really matters. My Scorpio brother has always been musical and artistic, but also doesn’t think that much outside the box which has made deep talks nearly impossible. He’s very much ”a science man” and I believe in the scientific method too of course, but it’s not enough for me. He has had no room for religion, alternative thinking or such in his life. I think he barely knows what I might think about such issues, I have never talked about it openly.

With my parents I have been a bit more open, but they’re still old school lutheran Christians with their own belief systems, for example believing in reincarnation is a step too far for them and I can understand it. They are ready to entertain new thoughts and ideas, especially my father, but he doesn’t vibe well with new spiritual ideas which would conflict with his childhood teachings. He did surprise me by getting into reiki healing training two decades ago though. I don’t know if it’s just my father or if it’s an Aries thing, but he is really rigid and has strong stances with his stubborn ego. Because I am stubborn too there can be intellectual clashes quite often. Because of the kindness of my mother it has been easy for me to be more close with her.

Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    My Sagittarian friend was a compulsive liar, not malicious, just compulsive. Didn't have a lot of strong moral fiber actually. More than a few of my friends had that problem.
    I always had an issue with lying and immoral acts, because I am all about the truth. I had a good childhood friend who was a compulsive liar and as a child I wondered why he had to lie and confabulate so much, it just seemed ridiculous. I can’t remember when he was born.
    Last edited by Wind, 24th January 2022 at 16:04.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th September 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm a libra, for those who don't know/recall. I'm the 21st, so near but not on the cusp.

I'm not manipulative, and that's because I have no desire to be. I don't want to be manipulated, I resent that greatly. It's disrespectful. And I don't want to do it and be that kind of person.

I feel strongly about justice, so much so that this world can be quite maddening. The amount of injustice is outrageous. But what can one person do? For me, that amounts to raising my son well so that I put a good person into the world. And keeping my husband on a positive track.

He has the potential to be incredibly manipulative and I just don't play that game. As he doesn't actually want to be a manipulative person, it works out well.

He's a gemini and boy can he go from one mood to another at the drop of a hat, before it's even hit the floor.

That is a supreme challenge. I have to maintain a clear head and not let my emotions get too intense. Not easy for sure.

Our son is also a Gemini but he's the end of May, my hubby is late June.

Do planets have their own signs? Do they have their own astrology?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th September 2021), Wind (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    I've known some Gemini's, they're as intellectual if not more than Virgo's - Mercury is the ruling planet with those signs and it has a lot to do with communication (skills), but also because of their dual nature they're scattered and all over the place. I have Mars in Gemini and because of that I have my mind interested in one thing for a while and then I will be doing something else. Hard to stay focused at times when my mind can be all over the place, but then again also when I get focused with something I tend to be hyper or laser-focused on the topic or issue at hand if it's my passion or interest, I can be perhaps even too focused at times. Actually my two nieces are both Gemini's born in June and my nephew is a late Leo. They're very distinct personalities all, but it is still hard to say how they will be as adults.
    Last edited by Wind, 7th September 2021 at 15:14.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (7th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I'm a libra, for those who don't know/recall. I'm the 21st, so near but not on the cusp.

I'm not manipulative, and that's because I have no desire to be. I don't want to be manipulated, I resent that greatly. It's disrespectful. And I don't want to do it and be that kind of person.

I feel strongly about justice, so much so that this world can be quite maddening. The amount of injustice is outrageous. But what can one person do? For me, that amounts to raising my son well so that I put a good person into the world. And keeping my husband on a positive track.

He has the potential to be incredibly manipulative and I just don't play that game. As he doesn't actually want to be a manipulative person, it works out well.

He's a gemini and boy can he go from one mood to another at the drop of a hat, before it's even hit the floor.

That is a supreme challenge. I have to maintain a clear head and not let my emotions get too intense. Not easy for sure.

Our son is also a Gemini but he's the end of May, my hubby is late June.

Do planets have their own signs? Do they have their own astrology?
    yes but they have changed over time DT, take Venus for example, it was at one time the ruling planet of both Libra and Pisces. After the discovery of Neptune it gained dominance over Pisces and Libra had Venus all to itself. Aquarius was once dominated by Saturn (As well as Capricorn) but with the discovery of Uranus it got Aquarius and Saturn was forced to bother Capricorns alone. Things have since changed with some of the later additions. e.g. Ceres ... I don't really like the 'convenient' metamorphoses... but such is life. The bottom line is that all astrological influences (according to the astro-bible) are symbolic. It tends to be a little loosey-goosey for me. I am most assuredly a traditionalist in that regard.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (8th September 2021), Wind (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    I'm not that well-versed in astrology, but I always find it interesting how some planets vibe much better with some signs.

For example Leo is ruled by Sun and you coud say that Sun is very significant, because it is our Logos, giver and taker of life it and defines our sun signs obviously. "The sun represents the self, the core principles of our being that make up who we are." No wonder about the self-obsession with Leos. Some other examples here:

Aries - Ruling Planet: Mars

"Aries, as the first sign of the zodiac, you’re the eldest child in this family. You set the pace while the rest of the world plays catch-up. The sheer force of your determination and drive gets you where you need to go, and fast. Simply put, you’re a warrior. It makes sense, then, that Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of action and, according to ancient Roman mythology, the God of War. Mars is all about energy, passion and self-starting, leaving Aries with an inherent, undeniable confidence. Not only do you know you’ll get the job done, but you’re sure there’s nobody better suited for it. That’s Mars talking."

Libra - Ruling Planet: Venus

"Another diplomatic sharer, you share your ruling planet, Venus, with Taurus. For you, Libra, Venus comes through in your deep commitment to balance and partnership. Venus’ influence makes you value harmony in both yourself and your relationships. You’re a natural mediator; you appreciate fairness and honesty while working hard to protect those you love. Your relationships mean a lot to you. You take pride in being a good friend and partner and look for those qualities in others."

Scorpio - Ruling Planet: Pluto

"Scorpio, you have a dark side. Maybe this is because you’re ruled by Pluto, the small but mighty planet orbiting farthest from the sun. Pluto is associated with darkness, the subconscious, death and rebirth. Not exactly lighthearted stuff. But you don’t like when things are lighthearted; you crave mystery and intensity. Pluto plays a part in your never-ending fascination with all things hush-hush and underground. This ability to get in touch with your unconscious self makes you one of the most powerful signs in the zodiac."

Then there are the elements too of course.

"The signs are grouped into four elements — fire, water, earth, and air — with three signs in each. The fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) are bold, brash, creative, and daring; they can burn too brightly, though, and their tempers run hot. The water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces) are emotional, intuitive, and deeply in touch with their subconscious. At times, they can get overwhelmed in feeling. The air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius) are communicative, sharp, and intellectual, but also prone to overindulging in fantasy and theory. The earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn) are solid and practical, but also sensual and drawn to material goods. They can be stubborn and unyielding."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (8th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I'm not that well-versed in astrology, but I always find it interesting how some planets vibe much better with some signs.

For example Leo is ruled by Sun and you coud say that Sun is very significant, because it is our Logos, giver and taker of life it and defines our sun signs obviously. "The sun represents the self, the core principles of our being that make up who we are." No wonder about the self-obsession with Leos. Some other examples here:

Aries - Ruling Planet: Mars

"Aries, as the first sign of the zodiac, you’re the eldest child in this family. You set the pace while the rest of the world plays catch-up. The sheer force of your determination and drive gets you where you need to go, and fast. Simply put, you’re a warrior. It makes sense, then, that Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of action and, according to ancient Roman mythology, the God of War. Mars is all about energy, passion and self-starting, leaving Aries with an inherent, undeniable confidence. Not only do you know you’ll get the job done, but you’re sure there’s nobody better suited for it. That’s Mars talking."

Libra - Ruling Planet: Venus

"Another diplomatic sharer, you share your ruling planet, Venus, with Taurus. For you, Libra, Venus comes through in your deep commitment to balance and partnership. Venus’ influence makes you value harmony in both yourself and your relationships. You’re a natural mediator; you appreciate fairness and honesty while working hard to protect those you love. Your relationships mean a lot to you. You take pride in being a good friend and partner and look for those qualities in others."

Scorpio - Ruling Planet: Pluto

"Scorpio, you have a dark side. Maybe this is because you’re ruled by Pluto, the small but mighty planet orbiting farthest from the sun. Pluto is associated with darkness, the subconscious, death and rebirth. Not exactly lighthearted stuff. But you don’t like when things are lighthearted; you crave mystery and intensity. Pluto plays a part in your never-ending fascination with all things hush-hush and underground. This ability to get in touch with your unconscious self makes you one of the most powerful signs in the zodiac."

Then there are the elements too of course.

"The signs are grouped into four elements — fire, water, earth, and air — with three signs in each. The fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) are bold, brash, creative, and daring; they can burn too brightly, though, and their tempers run hot. The water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces) are emotional, intuitive, and deeply in touch with their subconscious. At times, they can get overwhelmed in feeling. The air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius) are communicative, sharp, and intellectual, but also prone to overindulging in fantasy and theory. The earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn) are solid and practical, but also sensual and drawn to material goods. They can be stubborn and unyielding."
    I forgot about Taurus and Libra ... yeah, similar ... I'm wondering about Venus ... I'll bet Taurus has been replaced by Ceres or some such this or that.

There are also:
    Cardinal signs: Capricorn at the Midheaven (the biggest and the baddest) Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn.

The cardinal signs are the frontrunners of the zodiac universe as they initiate the beginning of the four seasons. They are known as visionary leaders and self-starters. You can identify these signs with their dynamic behavior and go-getter attitude. These signs can be seen weaving a plan to achieve the impossible, however, their goals can be self-oriented.

Each of these four zodiac signs has different areas of implementing their leadership skills, even though they inadvertently want to be the first to initiate or kickstart a project. However, what they lack is the stability to follow through their actions and hence may need to be paired with a fixed sign for more balance in their approach.

Fixed signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius

This one is a no-brainer. As the name suggests, the fixed signs of the zodiac universe are immovable, fixated and can also be stubborn. They are the “doers” of the zodiac lot and work really hard to carry out the ideas or vision shared by the cardinal signs.

Not a fan of change or unnecessary shifts in plans, they are known to have a grounding and constant energy. They are inherently loyal and stick through a plan, no matter how many hurdles they face in the way. However, they can also be unreasonably stubborn with their approach and even inflexible at times. The good news is that if you have a fixed sign in your life, you have a trustworthy and loyal confidant for life.

Mutable signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces

These are the signs that end the four seasons and are more flexible and comfortable with changes in life when compared to other zodiac signs. Just like cardinal signs are the starters, the fixed signs are the doers, the mutable signs can be rightly called the finished of the lot.

Since they come at the end of every season, they know a change is coming and are ready to adapt themselves for the same. These sun signs tend to view things from multiple angles and perspectives, however, it often leaves them a tad bit confused as well.

They are also highly impressionable signs, meaning that they tend to absorb the characteristics of people they spend most of their time with. Most of all, they are non-judgmental people and a little wiser than the cardinal and fixed signs as they know that change is the only constant in life and things don’t always go as per our plans.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 7th September 2021 at 20:22.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th September 2021), Dreamtimer (8th September 2021), Wind (8th September 2021)

Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2021), Dreamtimer (14th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (10th September 2021)

Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th September 2021), Dreamtimer (14th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    The outer planets are known to be more generational affective. Not individuals. But their position in houses and aspects to each other can have an influence.

Sun, Moon, and rising signs take precedence during different stages of life. Sun/Character, Moon/Personality, Rising sign/can't remember ... but I think life's direction (superego).

Hidden agendas revealed, truth revealed, etc ...for Steve's prediction.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 14th September 2021 at 23:25.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th September 2021), Dreamtimer (15th September 2021), Wind (14th September 2021)

Thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th September 2021), Dreamtimer (21st September 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th September 2021)

Thanks
    It's interesting seeing Steve being cagey about his wording regarding pandemics and personal health. He says to trust your instincts, your body, and talks of trusting his immune system.

I've heard the instincts and body thing for years.

But there's this new phrase now, "trust your immune system", that's become a kind of catch phrase with hidden meaning.

Does he mean he doesn't want/have/trust the vaccine? Even the standard viral vector one?

Who knows?

Is it code or just good advice?

I had a friend tell me he trusts his immune system. He's a pretty strong guy. (and also arrogant)

I don't hear the reverse side of that coin which is, what will this particular virus do to your body before your immune system finally can win the battle?

Some wars leave utter devastation.

If you can build barricades, trenches, etc., you don't just say, "I trust my guns."

I hope when people trust their immune system they know what they're doing. I don't really see how a person can tell whether they'll be ravaged by the virus or not. It's not like there are genetic indicators. And that's no guarantee in any case.

We have millions of prayer warriors, as they call themselves, here in the states who still were still ravaged and killed by this very nasty virus.

I hope folks can trust their instincts when those instincts say to get the vaccine.

I read folks' posts where they say they don't want to get 'political' and recommend vaccines, or they don't want to be 'weak' and get them. Not really good instincts there.

But I hope for the best for Steve and everyone else.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2021), Octopus Garden (18th October 2021), Wind (21st September 2021)

Thanks

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st October 2021), Dreamtimer (6th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (1st October 2021), Octopus Garden (18th October 2021)

Thanks

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th October 2021), Dreamtimer (18th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (16th October 2021), Octopus Garden (18th October 2021)

Thanks
    My family made a big decision right during this time that Steve advised against big decisions.

There was a great deal of stress, upheaval and I'm still not sure they have it worked out. But it should be good in the long term.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (18th October 2021), Octopus Garden (18th October 2021), Wind (18th October 2021)

Thanks

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2021), Dreamtimer (28th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2021)