Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AV8 - Breaking Free ... from the Cult of Transformational NuSpeak - Brian Gerrish

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts

AV8 - Breaking Free ... from the Cult of Transformational NuSpeak - Brian Gerrish

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtGf9pXpXP0

"Published on Feb 25, 2018 by Alternative View

AV9 Tickets (4-7th May 2018) available from : http://www.AlternativeView.co.uk

"In my studies of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is ...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A variety of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to." - Theodore Dalrymple

This quote was sent to me by chance the very day I started to consider my talk for Alternative View 8 - the point at which my mind was once again focusing on the drivers of the change agenda in UK and Western society. Change that many now regard as an increasingly dark and destructive attack on our minds, culture, views, values and morality. The words of Anthony Daniels writing under his pen name Theodore Dalrymple thus struck an immediate chord with me. In Britain today we are subject to a far more sophisticated and dangerous attack than just communist propaganda or political correctness - even where we might label political correctness itself as 'Cultural Marxism.' I label the new weapon 'Transformational NuSpeak' and warn of its present and real danger to us all, particularly when coupled with Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), and the latest mental reframing through 'Mindfulness'.

Join me at AV8 as we peel apart the layers of the cult of 'Transformational NuSpeak' to break free of its tentacles of mind control, using just observation, common sense and humour. Have an appropriate day."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (8th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), enjoy being (9th May 2018), Melidae (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,167 Times in 11,949 Posts
    It's bad enough listening to this stuff...one can destroy their mind by believing it.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    My view of communism: a slavery concept tried and found wanting next to capitalism.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    It's bad enough listening to this stuff...one can destroy their mind by believing it.
    Have you not heard of Common Purpose?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), Melidae (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    Have you not heard of Common Purpose?
    nope...

Though this guy struck me as a satirist...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 8th May 2018 at 20:23.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Common Purpose is a charity(!!!) which gets paid a lot of money by the government to train NHS managers, Civil Servants, Borough Councils, Universities, Government departments, teachers and trainers, in NLP. Brian Gerish runs an alternative newspaper and forum called UK Column, who read out for the AV8 audience a piece of the training in NLP to demonstrate the language used, and then explained its true meaning to them, drawing attention to the danger of NLP speak. Brian operates to bring justice for the parents of children who are whipped away from them by Social Services. He does a heap of things for the good.

Ian Crane who organises the AV conferences also fronts the anti-fracking movement.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Melidae (10th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks for the info, Kathy. It's helpful.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), Melidae (10th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    Common Purpose is a charity(!!!) which gets paid a lot of money by the government to train NHS managers, Civil Servants, Borough Councils, Universities, Government departments, teachers and trainers, in NLP. Brian Gerish runs an alternative newspaper and forum called UK Column, who read out for the AV8 audience a piece of the training in NLP to demonstrate the language used, and then explained its true meaning to them, drawing attention to the danger of NLP speak. Brian operates to bring justice for the parents of children who are whipped away from them by Social Services. He does a heap of things for the good.

Ian Crane who organises the AV conferences also fronts the anti-fracking movement.
    well, I was struggling to understand if this guy was evil or crazy...I had concluded evil but with your explanation I have to change my assessment to crazy. NLP is a fantasy...anyone that engages full time on a fantasy is cracked... 'Nuff said...

Actually, perhaps not...

that was unfair...I tend to forget that some people do need special education for learning and this guy is functioning within that bubble. What really lies at the root of this is that people are terrified of their own inadequacy and need to deal with that. Railing, scheming, plotting, denial against it will not remediate the problem. Facing fears and more to the point facing reality would be a pretty strong start.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 9th May 2018 at 14:34.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    well, I was struggling to understand if this guy was evil or crazy...I had concluded evil but with your explanation I have to change my assessment to crazy. NLP is a fantasy...anyone that engages full time on a fantasy is cracked... 'Nuff said...

Actually, perhaps not...

that was unfair...I tend to forget that some people do need special education for learning and this guy is functioning within that bubble. What really lies at the root of this is that people are terrified of their own inadequacy and need to deal with that. Railing, scheming, plotting, denial against it will not remediate the problem. Facing fears and more to the point facing reality would be a pretty strong start.
    So, you are not pretending to be both rude and ignorant?
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    lol...pretending to be brilliant...

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    So, you are not pretending to be both rude and ignorant?
    I guess I could be kinder...but is it kindness that feeds these flights of fancy...hardly...sometimes a sledge hammer is required to bust down a brick wall.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    lol...pretending to be brilliant...

I guess I could be kinder...but is it kindness that feeds these flights of fancy...hardly...sometimes a sledge hammer is required to bust down a brick wall.
    NAP, you don't seem to be aware that NLP is a language used in order to affect our mind. NLP is used to camouflage intention and thereby capture your mind. It is no joke, it is sinister. That is the design of NLP. It is dangerous manipulation.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Melidae (10th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    NAP, you don't seem to be aware that NLP is a language used in order to affect our mind. NLP is used to camouflage intention and thereby capture your mind. It is no joke, it is sinister. That is the design of NLP. It is dangerous manipulation.
    I don't know how anyone could be unaware of it...it's tantamount to a fish not understanding that it is in water...the fish needs to get with its own program.

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    I don't know how anyone could be unaware of it...it's tantamount to a fish not understanding that it is in water...the fish needs to get with its own program.
    The last thing a fish would ever consider pondering is the very water it swims in.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    uh hum...perhaps it should? it might turn into a dolphin...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The last thing a fish would ever consider pondering is the very water it swims in.
    uh hum...perhaps it should? it might turn into a dolphin...
    Yet, we all know that there's a huge difference between what is and what should be.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)