Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "I Am Woman, Listen"

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I am woman. See my typed words. (so anti-climactic)

Sometimes I think my husband is like the woman in our relationship. In many ways he would like me to take care of him, work so he can stay home, spend my money, throw parties, buy clothes...

And he has a very masculine side where he wants to protect me and feels inadequate if he's not the provider.

He's a gemini so he sort of goes back and forth from one end to another. I'm a libra so I'm constantly trying to find balance.

Hopefully we have at least a dynamic equilibrium.

My friend James, a Seneca, likes to talk about how men and women have lost their traditional roles and how it's hurting their relations and society. I personally don't have any problem with traditional roles.

I have a problem when people want to enforce traditional roles. When people say you can't do that because you're a man/woman. That's when people get really stupid, imo.

My dad and brother were business men. Not mechanically inclined, not builders. As a result, and being naturally mechanically inclined, I had to learn these things for myself.

Maybe I'm wrong, someone please let me know, but I have the impression that the Joe Six-Pack type doesn't like me working on my own car or whatever it is because...

"Why do they want to take everything from us?"

That's a question I've heard come out of many a man's mouth.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018), Wind (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,170 Times in 11,950 Posts
    lol...my brother at one time was a transmission shop owner and a devoted mechanic.

My ex always complained that I didn't like doing mechanical work, so I told her she should have married a mechanic, not someone more inclined to be an academic. So she divorced me and married a mechanical engineer (it was all about the money, of course) ...

The one time i did try to do some work, she came home and started screaming in my face that I was destroying things. It was the one time I really felt bad about what I said to her because I could see she was actually hurt which was unlike her because she has no soul.

I ended up calling her a 'retard'.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 5th May 2018 at 14:14.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018), Wind (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    A 'retard' with no soul. Sorry, I can't help myself. That's kind of funny.

My husband works with adults with developmental disabilities, formerly known as retards, and he will tell you they definitely have a soul.

Looks like our son will be doing that for a while as well. Not his career path, but a step along the way.

He's got a good balance of masculine and feminine. His girlfriend was one of three girls so her father taught her everything he would have taught a son.

She can hunt, fix a car, and more. And she's quite feminine.

We're about to meet some people who don't go by 'she', they go by 'they'. These are the times when I'm glad I made that a habit in speech. For me it had nothing to do with gender identity. It was simply a way to relate a story without specifying whether the person was male or female.

I also don't say when someone is black. It's interesting to see when people finally get that I'm talking about a black person and how they acknowledge it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018), Wind (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    A 'retard' with no soul. Sorry, I can't help myself. That's kind of funny.

My husband works with adults with developmental disabilities, formerly known as retards, and he will tell you they definitely have a soul.

Looks like our son will be doing that for a while as well. Not his career path, but a step along the way.

He's got a good balance of masculine and feminine. His girlfriend was one of three girls so her father taught her everything he would have taught a son.

She can hunt, fix a car, and more. And she's quite feminine.

We're about to meet some people who don't go by 'she', they go by 'they'. These are the times when I'm glad I made that a habit in speech. For me it had nothing to do with gender identity. It was simply a way to relate a story without specifying whether the person was male or female.

I also don't say when someone is black. It's interesting to see when people finally get that I'm talking about a black person and how they acknowledge it.
    yes, those are good exercises...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I am woman. See my typed words. (so anti-climactic)

Sometimes I think my husband is like the woman in our relationship. In many ways he would like me to take care of him, work so he can stay home, spend my money, throw parties, buy clothes...

And he has a very masculine side where he wants to protect me and feels inadequate if he's not the provider.

He's a gemini so he sort of goes back and forth from one end to another. I'm a libra so I'm constantly trying to find balance.

Hopefully we have at least a dynamic equilibrium.

My friend James, a Seneca, likes to talk about how men and women have lost their traditional roles and how it's hurting their relations and society. I personally don't have any problem with traditional roles.

I have a problem when people want to enforce traditional roles. When people say you can't do that because you're a man/woman. That's when people get really stupid, imo.

My dad and brother were business men. Not mechanically inclined, not builders. As a result, and being naturally mechanically inclined, I had to learn these things for myself.

Maybe I'm wrong, someone please let me know, but I have the impression that the Joe Six-Pack type doesn't like me working on my own car or whatever it is because...

"Why do they want to take everything from us?"

That's a question I've heard come out of many a man's mouth.
    Well, tell ‘em, “dude! It wasn’t yours in the first place!”

These clowns don’t seem to get that they were female in an earlier incarnation...but then typically their masculine Christian religion drives it into their heads that men own everything, you only die once, war is good, you were born in sin, yadda, yadda...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    It's the great and powerful DD, where you been? vacation?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    Seems I remember a poster from "days of yore"--don't know how long ago, that dubbed Herself "The Divine Feminine". I've felt the absence of that Being's posts, wondering what happened to her. Anyone else recall the individual to whom I refer?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Gale Frierson View Post
    Seems I remember a poster from "days of yore"--don't know how long ago, that dubbed Herself "The Divine Feminine". I've felt the absence of that Being's posts, wondering what happened to her. Anyone else recall the individual to whom I refer?
    Member Divine Feminine doesn't come around much anymore. She is currently mostly active over at Project Avalon, under the screen name we R one.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018), Wind (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    It's the great and powerful DD, where you been? vacation?
    I took a Modwiz vacation...after I read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Thanks-Memori.../dp/0966891627

Which is in pdf here:

http://files.meetup.com/562554/Brice...20memories.pdf

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I took a Modwiz vacation...after I read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Thanks-Memori.../dp/0966891627

Which is in pdf here:

http://files.meetup.com/562554/Brice...20memories.pdf
    I think you should have stayed away from that one...it's reinforcing what you already want to believe. I recommend the one I'm reading...I think it would be good for you...if i could be so presumptuous to believe that.

I'm watching this 'technical channeler' on tv right now...relevant things about him: he describes his channeling experience as receiving information from himself from higher dimensions. Something I intuited a number of years ago but never saw it reflected in the physical media. Seth would call it the 'oversoul' which is essentially us in the higher dimensions. We are already there but cut off in the sense that we are limited by our apparent physicality.

This guy is the 'channeler' to the alien visitors...it is a tie together...nuclear devices and disruption of the 'higher dimensions' would translate to disruption in the quantum field. it could make sense.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I think you should have stayed away from that one...it's reinforcing what you already want to believe. I recommend the one I'm reading...I think it would be good for you...if i could be so presumptuous to believe that.

I'm watching this 'technical channeler' on tv right now...relevant things about him: he describes his channeling experience as receiving information from himself from higher dimensions. Something I intuited a number of years ago but never saw it reflected in the physical media. Seth would call it the 'oversoul' which is essentially us in the higher dimensions. We are already there but cut off in the sense that we are limited by our apparent physicality.

This guy is the 'channeler' to the alien visitors...it is a tie together...nuclear devices and disruption of the 'higher dimensions' would translate to disruption in the quantum field. it could make sense.
    ??? I don’t want to believe this sh!t. Frankly, I’m not happy with this “reality” at all.

...shoulda spit out the red pill when I had the chance.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    But now I understand why some insist that it is not about good and evil from a deep spiritual sense...because what we speak of is not, it is about spirituality as we best can experience it and it is only tangential to the ultimate source. Even with insight to our 'higher selves/higher dimensional selves' we still fall short of truly understanding. So now we know right?

Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    ??? I don’t want to believe this sh!t. Frankly, I’m not happy with this “reality” at all.

...shoulda spit out the red pill when I had the chance.
    ok, I understand better then I think...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Not at all. How amazing you have got that from what I posted.
    To refresh.
    Surely you are not suggesting these things find their way into the discussion.
    It was affirmative that you were not suggesting. So, it is amazing you thought that it was suggested that titties, beer and sports was taken seriously.

Triggers can be curious things.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (6th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    To refresh.

It was affirmative that you were not suggesting. So, it is amazing you thought that it was suggested that titties, beer and sports was taken seriously.

Triggers can be curious things.
    Still at work and yes I haven't continued the topic of triggers as I intend. In this case you have brought up, it is actually just miscommunication, unclear communication. I was under the impression you were being triggered or presuming meanings to the words I was using. And it seems you think I was triggered perhaps, when I was trying to get clarity over the words we were translating.

Anyway this subject of triggers is important in my view and will be entering into in the next while!
    Last edited by enjoy being, 6th May 2018 at 01:23.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th May 2018), Dreamtimer (6th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (6th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th May 2018), Kathy (8th May 2018), modwiz (6th May 2018), Wind (6th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Still at work and yes I haven't continued the topic of triggers as I intend. In this case you have brought up, it is actually just miscommunication, unclear communication. I was under the impression you were being triggered or presuming meanings to the words I was using. And it seems you think I was triggered perhaps, when I was trying to get clarity over the words we were translating.
    I like you alot, brother. We can pursue our paths on the same forum very easily. I may need to take a little time again. I must be what is given me to be and, where understanding is the experience.

You engage with intelligence and good heart yet, from your voice message there seems to be some desire to change how I engage with the forum. Please correct this perception if it is an error. I listen carefully to voice messages because there is much to hear beyond the words. I thank you for them. You are wonderful at replying, of course this creates opportunities to increase misunderstanding rather than the reverse, owing to both the clumsy nature of written communication and my own weariness that sets in as the communications garble. Then both my own perception and responses decrease. So does joy.

I say this because if vacation again becomes a reality, it will owe to the format and not a person.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th May 2018), Dreamtimer (6th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (6th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th May 2018), enjoy being (6th May 2018), Kathy (8th May 2018), Wind (6th May 2018)