Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "I Am Woman, Listen"

Thanks
    Thanked 43,227 Times in 11,974 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Hi, where is the thread regards the Seth material topic?

Another note, my opinion on the subject of past lives is that it is essentially quite a private thing. I have had a few insights, and a few outsights, confirmations from readers regards a few lives. But we are in dangerous territories in terms of the reactions of others when we might share such things. I do not see the point of telling people of past identities. We see the damage that David Wilcock done for himself.

And also people seem to like to tell of the top % of their lives, not of the as important ones where they were not heroes, maybe not even villains.
    I do believe that there is every chance that some of you here have known me in a past life and vicer verser. It just makes sense. I have had past life healings, 2 lifetimes of which I did not do very nice things to people and had karmic vengeful entities following me, seeking chances to exact their bad luck. In many cases, a past life healing is a matter of finding out the life and events which need correction, and having that spiritual entity called to you in order for you to make an attempt at sincere reconcile. Such a thing requires assistance from a good medium. Experiencing this was very profound to me, and it also made me aware of another reason why we should try not to end the day with ill feelings about or with people.
    Hi Nothing,

Myth and Magic is the thread...there really isn't a lot there, references to the material. A Seth session popped up on my TV youtube last night...I think due to buying one of the books on my computer. Fascinating...the presentation doesn't match the profundity of the message. It's quite something.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Aragorn (7th May 2018), Dreamtimer (7th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), enjoy being (7th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (7th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I was trying to think of a response to Dumpy and I was inspired in the moment to make the Highlander reference.

Since Seth has come up I'll link to this post by Maggie.

I hope this isn't too far astray. I've recently read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Brandon has some very interesting magical systems in his books. I'm fascinated by them.

In this series certain people are capable of ingesting metals and then 'burning' them in order to gain different abilities. Metals have magical qualities and can store information as well as controlling people.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series also had a very interesting magical system wherein certain people could tap into the male or female half of the energy of creation and channel it. Fascinating stuff.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 7th May 2018 at 13:22.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Aragorn (7th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2018), enjoy being (7th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (7th May 2018), Wind (7th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    certain people could tap into the male or female half of the energy of creation and channel it
    Holographic, fractallic.

The mind surely is creating the barriers that require the need for assistance to do the above, which seems like it ought be a natural function for intelligent life.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Aragorn (7th May 2018), Dreamtimer (7th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2018), modwiz (7th May 2018), Wind (7th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    “The pin is mightier than the sword” is a chess “chestnut”

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (8th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), enjoy being (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,166 Times in 20,332 Posts

Lightbulb

Just as a heads-up, and with my apologies for not having posted this sooner — but in my defense, I was suddenly feeling unwell and I had to move away from the keyboard for a short while — I have split off the discussion about samurai swords into a separate thread, which can be found here.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (8th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), enjoy being (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th May 2018), Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (8th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,474 Times in 10,179 Posts
    In that blog above Nothing , did you know the lady who passed, was a friend of ours i think, pretty sure thats her.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), enjoy being (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,474 Times in 10,179 Posts
    May not be her actually, will ask partner will able, good hearty stuff all the same :

events of the last 5 months since Mirjam’s passing was the participation in a Metta/Loving Kindness retreat I attended at Te Moata. (temoata.org)

(See also: https://tricycle.org/magazine/metta-practice/ on Metta meditation)

The task of this silent 9 day retreat with Sister Veranani from Mnyanmar was to gradually develop an inclination of loving-kindness towards all beings.

We were invited to start with who it was easiest to feel loving kindness towards. Usually, one starts with oneself: “May I be well, happy and peaceful”, to wish this for myself. When I can feel this, I then extend this wish to people I respect and admire, like a spiritual teacher.

Next are people we love — our partners, dearest friends — who we visualise one by one as the recipient of our well wishes. This is then followed by neutral people, like those people who happen to live in the same neighbourhood, people who happen to sit the same retreat, our acquaintances.

The next stage is considered the hardest one, as we turn our attention to people who have harmed us — our enemies, so to speak — or someone we have difficulties with. Once this is achieved, we can include all beings and wish them well. May all be well, happy and peaceful.

You could just say it without meaning it, but it works only when you can feel it in your heart. And this takes time, feeling inward and sensing your heart. Doing a silent retreat for 9 days allows for this time. Visualising each person in front of me, connecting with my heart, I repeat this phrase over and over again, until I can feel it, and it becomes an experience, not just words.

What I found interesting was the fact that it was not easy for me to even start with myself. I had too many unexpressed feelings. In the silence of the retreat, there were many opportunities to go over and over my last weeks and months with my beloved. I tortured myself with thoughts of what I should or could have done differently, how it should or could have been. It is a form of craziness, I know that, since it takes me out of my reality and enters a mere hypothetical construct devoid of any reality. Knowing this didn’t change this form of self-torture.

Especially at night, I would keep myself awake going over old ground, over and over again. When I shared this in an interview with Sister Veranani, she gave me a useful advice that worked:

“Imagine you are sitting in a railway station, and the thoughts are like trains that come and go. You do not need to jump on any of these trains. Just observe.”

Eventually I recognized that going back into the past was simply an expression of the denial phase in a grieving process. It was a way of not wanting to face the truth that Mirjam had died.

As Byron Katie said in Loving What Is, “When I argue with reality, I lose—but only 100% of the time.”

Honouring my limitations, my humanness, it became easier to develop loving kindness towards myself, to forgive myself and to trust that I did what I knew was the best at the time. I surrendered to reality — to what is and what was.

It was easy to extend my well wishes to people I respect, to dear friends and to the ones I felt neutral towards. The next obstacle was to extend loving kindness to people who I had felt hurt by.

In stressful times, like when a close person is in a state of dying, it brings out the best or the worst in people. Instead of being there for one another and offering support, some people around me at the time added to the stress I was feeling. What was missing was respect for me and my vulnerability. Their insensitivity made a very difficult situation sheer unbearable for me.

I was concerned about the rising stress level that must have been painful to my dying beloved, and chose to pull back. One of the last things that Mirjam asked of me was not to talk badly about other people, to not backbite. She must have been aware of my predicament.

I tried my hardest, yet the feelings of grief combined with anger about injustices that I perceived led me to express my struggles to poor friends who eventually got tired of my ranting and raving. I had such a built-up reservoir of emotions. By now, I have compassion for myself and understand that this, too, was part of my grieving process — the anger phase.

Yet, the most important lesson that I learned was not to confuse loving-kindness with pleasing. It is wonderful to develop loving-kindness for all beings. This is a way to open my heart. In the end, the benefits are mostly for me, whereas holding on to grudges only hurts me.

In the past, I had believed to be kind meant to be pleasing at all times to people, a mode that I had been conditioned in. Real kindness, however, comes from a place of strength, a place of feeling your soft, gentle power. Pleasing behaviour on the other hand is based on weakness. It is a form of manipulating people to like me. It comes from a place of insufficient self-love. As a pleaser I might seem kind to others, yet I am not kind to myself. Authentic kindness needs to come from within, from a place of abundance, of overflowing love.

Now I know that I can be kind and the well-wisher of all beings and have clear boundaries. No longer do I need to do it right by other people’s expectations. When I love myself, I feel sure in myself and no longer need to try to get from others what I refuse to give to myself.

Loving-kindness is powerless if it does not include me.

It was not easy to accept that Mirjam had gone for good. What made it harder still was that it brought up similar feelings of being lost, that I had experienced when both my parents died when I was only 16. A dear friend and healer mirrored this back to me, and helped me to forgive myself and to forgive others who were also stressed, leading me to finally accept the new situation in my life.

The powers of loving- kindness and forgiveness made it possible for me to regain a sense of reality and to begin moving on. Meanwhile, I keep creating a garden in memory of my beloved and talk to her in the spirit world. Occasionally, I get a reply from her, as I increase my intuition and notice signs.

“The spirit world is the real world. What we experience here is a mere shadow of reality. There are games that people play, ultimately it is not real.” An intuitive friend received this message from her grandmother after she had passed.

This message has given me a strong sense of relief. We can take little things so seriously and get bogged down in rigid thoughts that then become our reality. In the face of death everything else seems so insignificant. If the real world is ahead of me, I best prepare for it now by developing heart qualities, virtues that I can take with me to the spirit world. Honesty and truthfulness is asked for, as well as kindness and forgiveness.

My life is not complete yet. There is still a task in front of me. It will unfold in time, as I stay soft and gentle in accepting what is, inside of me and around me. I choose clarity over confusion, to see the obvious over wishful and self-deceptive thinking. And overall I trust in being guided and held in the divine.

Rudolf Jarosewitsch

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), enjoy being (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It is a good site of which I stumbled across a good few years back and quote 2 passages from the Aroha page frequently.
    I had sensed some time back that you may well know these people, and it was partly why I posted it here as a link.
    I had seen the sad news of his wife passing, while reading some of the other pages in recent weeks.
    The aroha page does indeed, to me, spell out what is required for all to heal selves and senses. It describes an attitude which one can realise is perhaps lacking or not understood by many from all walks.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    I did a couple of Haka/s at my cat today...he wasn't much impressed.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    https://www.otago.ac.nz/maori/world/...ers/index.html

https://www.otago.ac.nz/maori/world/...ngs/index.html

Your cat will appreciate a song or a prayer more. I can imagine it may well leave you it's own haka if moved enough, and would imagine you prefer it left a song or prayer instead.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VcCJNaGvw

Though, it would be quite humorous for you to greet your cat with a Powhiri, which is the combination of challenge and song and hongi.

Oh and this one even.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxIkqTGEc8

I'm trying to drag this thread back on topic by the way. Nods to Aianawa

Note the role of the women in the greeting.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 9th May 2018 at 00:19.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (8th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (8th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    “The pin is mightier than the sword” is a chess “chestnut”
    Pinning someone in chess is good. Where does the sword come in? Or is that the punny part?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), enjoy being (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Pinning someone in chess is good. Where does the sword come in? Or is that the punny part?
    This thread has been mangled by a number of us. RIP Thread.
    There was sword thing that developed from after your there can be only one post, we tried to tow it back into a way to broach the topic of yin yang, male female synergy, but, well it got amputated into another thread. The bits left flapping about were sort of trying to still bring things back by way of the nature of communication, but we all keep off topicing it.

Interesting in itself as I see it as a dancing around the subject kind of thing. But feel no-one really seems to be "in the moment" enough to focus at what is going on.
    Did you like the anagram of "The pen is mightier than the sword" in the link. That anagram maker has many times over the years pulled out some hyper appropriate readings.

Such a shame, the initial attempts to revive the thread were kind of working I thought and it was amazing how the sequence of synchronicities was trying to birth the child, but yeah.

If you look for a thread about samurai swords and slot the first few posts in it after your "there can be only one" post, then you may be able to follow where it was going.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Oh, why was I explaining to you, you have seen it stumbling along too, sorry. It's just all got so confusing and jumbled! lol

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    https://www.otago.ac.nz/maori/world/...ers/index.html

https://www.otago.ac.nz/maori/world/...ngs/index.html

Your cat will appreciate a song or a prayer more. I can imagine it may well leave you it's own haka if moved enough, and would imagine you prefer it left a song or prayer instead.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VcCJNaGvw

Though, it would be quite humorous for you to greet your cat with a Powhiri, which is the combination of challenge and song and hongi.

Oh and this one even.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxIkqTGEc8

I'm trying to drag this thread back on topic by the way. Nods to Aianawa

Note the role of the women in the greeting.
    Overwhelming symbolism....true symbolism...not imagined

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th May 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018)