Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Medicine - Animals As Teachers and Totems

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    If the raven is eating Pringles, it is not exercising any intelligence, and woe betide humans who eat them. Just set fire to one and it will flare up.
    Agreed. I was saddened to see that. Raven is Magic, so maybe it can transmute it.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2018), Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (3rd May 2018), enjoy being (3rd May 2018), Kathy (3rd May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Last edited by enjoy being, 5th May 2018 at 11:41. Reason: removed links to mention number 17 that someone made clickable

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2018), Aragorn (3rd May 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Kathy (3rd May 2018), modwiz (3rd May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I made a list of animals that I've had close encounters with in dreams. There are about a dozen different ones, from fish to raccoons to elephants to bears.

Turns out, bear is the one that I've had the most close encounters with.

Generally speaking, bears won't mess with you if you don't mess with them. Mother bears are famous for their protective nature. Bears are associated with healing.

In one dream I ran around on all fours with a black bear. I didn't turn into one as far as I recall, I could see my hands as I ran. I was so excited because it's so much easier than running on two legs. I couldn't wait to tell all my friends.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (3rd May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), enjoy being (3rd May 2018), Kathy (3rd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thank you for your post, Modwiz.
    I love working with the Medicine Cards and I use those by Jamie Sams and David Carson. I connect very well with Crow and try to communicate with them.
    In their book “The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals” there is a story about Crow, which I like to share.

Crow (Law): There is a medicine story that tells of Crow’s fascination with her own shadow. She kept looking at it, scratching it, pecking at it, until her shadow woke up and became alive. Then Crow’s shadow ate her. Crow is Dead Crow now.

Dead Crow is the Left-Handed Guardian. If you look deeply into Crow’s eye, you will have found the gateway to the supernatural. Crow knows the unknowable mysteries of creation and is the keeper of all sacred law.

Since Crow is the keeper of sacred law, Crow can bend the laws of the physical universe and “shape shift.” This ability is rare and unique. Few adepts exist in today’s world, and fewer still have mastered Crow’s art of shape shifting. This art includes doubling, or being in two places at once time consciously; taking on another physical form, and becoming the “fly on the wall” to observe what is happening far away.

The Europeans that came to Turtle Island were named the “boat people” by Slow Turtle. Even with the knowledge of alchemy possessed by certain boat people, none had ever seen the powerful shape shifting of shamans who utilized Crow medicine. Many boat people were frightened by what appeared to be animals coming into their camps or dwellings to discern their medicine. Crow medicine people are masters of illusion.

All sacred texts are under the protection of Crow. Creator’s Book of Laws or Book of Seals is bound in Crow feathers. Crow feathers tell of spirit made flesh. Crow is also the protector of the “ogallah” or ancient records.

The Sacred Law Belts, or Wampum Belts, beaded by native women long before the boat people or Europeans came to this continent, contain knowledge of the Great Spirit’s laws, and are kept in the Black Lodges, the lodges of women. The law which states that “all things are born of women” is signified by Crow.

Children are taught to behave according to the rules of a particular culture. Most orthodox religious systems create a mandate concerning acceptable behavior within the context of worldly affairs. Do this and so, and you will go to heaven. Do thus and so, and you will go to hell. Different formulas for salvation are demanded by each “true faith.”

Human law is not the same as Sacred Law. More so than any other medicine, Crow sees that the physical world and even the spiritual world, as humanity interprets them, are an illusion. There are billions of worlds. There are an infinitude of creatures. Great Spirit is within all. If an individual obeys Crow’s perfect laws as given by the Creator, then at death he or she dies a Good Medicine death — going on to the next incarnation with a clear memory of his or her past.

Crow is an omen of change. Crow lives in the void and has no sense of time. The Ancient Chiefs tell us that Crow sees simultaneously the three fates – past, present, and future. Crow merges light and darkness, seeing both inner and outer reality.

-

The shamanic ability to be "Shape shifters" - to perform magikal acts of bringing about desired changes in accordance with the will - was sometimes referred to by the Indians as "Crow Medicine," for Crow helps to change/shape the future.
    Crow, as a power animal, is urging you to let the past be your teacher. You cannot change it, but you can look into it and recognize t hose beliefs that have caused you suffering, so that you can now discard them. The present is the only true reality, for it is in the Now that the Future is created and fashioned. Change your thoughts and you change your future. Crow urges you to make more effective use of the present moment, and let the future be an inspiration.
    Crow also signifies the need to find proper balance between ideals and practical reality, and reveals the ability to create the kind of future you want - if you apply your will to it. Shaping the future.

Focus on the positive. Detach from negativity. See opportunities in every challenge

For more info, read: http://scottfoglesong.printandwebdesign.com/24-crow.pdf
    Last edited by heyokah, 4th May 2018 at 20:49. Reason: Clarity, add link

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to heyokah For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (4th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018), modwiz (4th May 2018), PurpleLama (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thank you very much for your contribution to the thread, Heyokah. The Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams and David Carson is the book to have if living in the Americas, especially North America and for self work and attuning to this Medicine. 'Animal-Speak' by Ted Andrews is great for expansion and reference. I was guided to take their work and and write in real time what was coming through me. A form of automatic writing. Original content, as much as possible, assists my growth and comprehension.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (4th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (5th May 2018), heyokah (5th May 2018), Kathy (5th May 2018)

Thanks
    Well, Weasel spoke to me and wants to be next so, I have to get to work and make it happen. Interesting that though Otter is in the weasel family, its Medicine is very different. Otter is one of my Totems and it is Woman Medicine. Weasel Medicine will be spoken of in the post about it.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    Excellent. She looks like an aristocrat.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Excellent. She looks like an aristocrat.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_with_an_Ermine

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    From the link provided.

Ermines were kept as pets by the aristocracy and their white pelts were used to line or trim aristocratic garments.
    The association of the ermine with Cecilia Gallerani could have been intended to refer both to her purity and to make an association with her lover. Alternatively, the ermine could be a pun on her name because the Ancient Greek term for ermine, or other weasel-like species of animals, is galê (γαλῆ) or galéē (γαλέη).
    According to the art-critic Maike Vogt-Luerssen the depicted lady clearly identifies herself as a member of the Royal Neapolitan House of Aragon by wearing a Catalan costume and holding the most important symbol of her dynasty, the ermine in its winter fur. Her name is Giovanna of Aragon (1478–1518), Queen of Naples, and she was married to Ferrandino (or Ferdinand II) of Naples.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Also from link to Cecilia Gallerani off that page.
    While posing for the painting, she invited Leonardo, who at the time was working as court artist for Sforza, to meetings at which Milanese intellectuals discussed philosophy and other subjects. Cecilia herself presided over these discussions.
    Another page has revealed that Leonardo changed the painting twice. First adding a smaller grey ermine and then making it a bigger white one.

Sorry, I had just intended to post the image as a page break for you while the weasel entry was awaited. :-)

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Also from link to Cecilia Gallerani off that page.

Another page has revealed that Leonardo changed the painting twice. First adding a smaller grey ermine and then making it a bigger white one.

Sorry, I had just intended to post the image as a page break for you while the weasel entry was awaited. :-)
    Apology? I loved it in every way. Great page break. Thank you.

Animal Medicine fully supports Archonoclastic moments.

In fact, they're dying to make the point.

Bird flu has killed at least 30 swans from Queen Elizabeth's flock, with more expected to succumb to the disease, UK officials say.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/06/healt...bird-flu-intl/
    Last edited by modwiz, 9th May 2018 at 07:58.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Apology as I just like the picture. All the da Vinci meaning and symbolism is rubbish to me. I should have just included the title of the painting as text rather than via a link to whakypedia.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), Kathy (9th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Mmm swans.

I had a very 'heady' black swan flock dream a few years back, a few months before the last few years of change and huge challenge began.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018), modwiz (9th May 2018)

Thanks

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st June 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), Kathy (10th May 2018)