Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Myth And Magic

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Removing counterproductive post
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 12th May 2018 at 15:13.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I see this man as an introduction and pathway to greater consciousness for people still thinking is a dualistic manner. Zarathustra has great love for the Earth/Gaia and could hear Her voice. Jason has a keen perception of what lies ahead of us, as the above post brings attention to.

How one is positioned in their psyche and in relation to the Earth, has much to do with who experiences beauty and/or terror. It will be trying times ahead for us all. Watching executions, figuratively speaking, will not be so beautiful despite escaping the terror. The path to beauty will have a tragic roadside, Wisdom will prevail in its simplicity and appeal. Ignorance is a choice.

The saying, "ignorance is bliss", exemplifies this. One chooses ignorance for its perceived bliss. Its emotionally satisfying fit. Wisdom will prevail.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 12th May 2018 at 15:14.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Incidentally, this guy is no longer on the faculty...he got canned...

Here we go...Nietzche...

Personally, I believe that the fruit of a philosopher is directly related to their moral perspective. I suppose that seeing genocide as a positive isn't automatically bad...but I think it is bad.
    Such twisting of his words are dazzling to me. The only genocide I have heard him address is the one of the Hebrews taking Canaan. He is a new voice for me. I listen with unsuspicious ears and hear different things. I do not share his savior and end times concepts.

Please cite a quote of his calling for genocide and, the people he names.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018)

Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Medusa, seriously misunderstood. Jealous gods and their fookery.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    This video need be placed here to counter rumors and vowel movements. Intellectual dishonesty, or Orwellian Newspeak, is one the challenges the Western/Modern world faces.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018)

Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    This thread has run its course for me, it has attracted flies AND is no longer in the category it was placed in. Myth and magic is not alternate history but the future we need to reach. With that in mind, my heart is not longer in this project. Carry on.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    The message within the Medusa videos was good. One other thing I pulled from it was how regardless of whether she was beautiful or cursed, the men still came after her as an object of 'desire'. A description of fate, if it can exist. Can run but cant hide. Kind of sentiment.

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    This thread has run its course for me, it has attracted flies AND is no longer in the category it was placed in. Myth and magic is not alternate history but the future we need to reach. With that in mind, my heart is not longer in this project. Carry on.
    Thanks for your contributions, I was not really too interested in the sound of the topic at first, but there are indeed lessons of the psyche told. Pity about the pots and pans performer and the card shuffler.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 11th May 2018 at 21:17.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Incidentally, this guy is no longer on the faculty...he got canned...

Here we go...Nietzche...

Personally, I believe that the fruit of a philosopher is directly related to their moral perspective. I suppose that seeing genocide as a positive isn't automatically bad...but I think it is bad.
    Such twisting of his words are dazzling to me. The only genocide I have heard him address is the one of the Hebrews taking Canaan. He is a new voice for me. I listen with unsuspicious ears and hear different things. I do not share his savior and end times concepts.

Please cite a quote of his calling for genocide and, the people he names.
    No, I don't care to do that...I have made up my mind for me...that's all the matters...to either one of us.
    You are being intellectually dishonest, NotAPretender, and I'm afraid to have to say this, but I've seen you do that before.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I personally don't particularly like a lot of what I've heard that guy say in the video — at least, in the part that I could afford the time to listen to, because I simply don't have the time to listen to everything — but an opinion is one thing, and spouting unfounded allegations is another.

So now you've got a choice: either you back up your claim, or you take back what you've said. But one cannot have a serious and honest discussion if you're simply going to be throwing prejudices around and then state that you cannot be bothered backing up your words with facts.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 12th May 2018 at 15:15.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm reading a book written in 1750 called The Phantom World

Angels, Magic, Apparitions, Vampires, Witchcraft, Possession by Demons and the Dead Who Come Back to Life....

I'll be baaaccckkkkk!!! Unless I get removed of course...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This information, meta-information, context, and presentation can be intellectually spun in any direction one chooses but, in truth, its fabric spins in only one direction...I apologize to any offended, I really didn't see the point to 'rubbin it in' but sometimes that is requested.

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 11th May 2018 at 22:33.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    [...] I'm not into backing up anything I say...that isn't my point. It merely prolongs the agony for everyone. [...]
    No, that is exactly why it's dishonest. Making claims and expecting people to accept them without that you supply any evidence for said claims is propaganda.

Propaganda is a one-way street, not a discussion. It does not lead to all parties involved gaining any knowledge or wisdom from the discussion, but instead to one party indoctrinating the other parties with his/her own vision/ideology/opinions. I think the current state of the US American society — and of large parts of Europe — would be evidential enough of how and why indoctrination and propaganda are bad.

Fairness dictates that if you have an opinion which would disrupt the natural flow of the discussion because of any objectionable qualities associated with the sources being cited in the discussion, then you should either present the evidence as justification for the disruption of said discussion, or refrain from disrupting the discussion altogether in the first place. If you do not provide a verifiable justification for why you are disrupting a discussion, then all you will have brought to the discussion is the very disruption itself.

In the Dutch language, we have an expression for that, which translates to English as "throwing a stick into the hen house." And that's exactly what a troll would do. Not that I'm calling you a troll, of course. I am merely confronting you with the dishonesty of your tactic, because I believe that you yourself may not even be aware of this dishonesty, given that — as I said higher up already — it isn't the first time you do this.

I distinctly remember that not too long ago, you were full of prejudice on account of both Abby Martin as an individual and RT as a news network — even though Abby Martin hasn't even been working for RT anymore in years — and that, after I confronted you about your prejudices, you had to admit that you had been wrong, and especially on account of Abby Martin.

I'll be baaaccckkkkk!!! Unless I get removed of course...
    Don't be silly.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), modwiz (12th May 2018)