Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Myth And Magic

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I looked for the book and it would appear it is no longer in my collection. Must have given it to someone.

We just missed each other.

BTW. The Seth books were great for the time they were written and still stand as intellectual engagements for getting to the higher mind/self. As a Gnostic, there are clearly a few omissions but, it is now clear to me that much very relevant information can be given while avoiding the central and most important part. It is not about who we are but, what we are.
    yeah, I'll do a little research to try to figure it out...it's pretty impressive...without a little more validation, I can't draw a conclusion to the source of the info...but it is very very good info....

To me it's almost like watching a good movie, where you think you've spotted a blunder but a little later it is well explained...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), modwiz (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    For something a little different is a short video on the Japanese Creation Myth.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (9th May 2018), Dreamtimer (9th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Maybe this goes here? IMO Jason Reza Jorjani is really interesting. he has been labeled by some but I don't see the labels stick as I hear him.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqO7ZdH-Q0

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (10th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (10th May 2018), modwiz (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    hi Maggie,

this is interesting material but one sentence in his presentation concerned me...I verified and yes, he is a victim of limited thinking...but who isn't... I don't understand the American or even human compulsion to package every potential intellectual breakthrough in conjunction with 'useless' context. It removes it from the realm of academic endeavor and makes it propaganda.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (10th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), modwiz (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    hi Maggie,

this is interesting material but one sentence in his presentation concerned me...I verified and yes, he is a victim of limited thinking...but who isn't... I don't understand the American or even human compulsion to package every potential intellectual breakthrough in conjunction with 'useless' context. It removes it from the realm of academic endeavor and makes it propaganda.
    Hi
    I'd love to hear more.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (10th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (10th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), modwiz (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    His reference to 'self-reliance' is like a piercing dog whistle in my brain...it screeches of every right wing meme in the current public consciousness. So despite his 'academic approach' it belies an 'agenda' to state that any 'other' that is underclass is failing as a human being...This simply is not the case and it is unkind, unjustified, and condescending to suggest it, if not even 'evil'.

Those thoughts led me to check his background and sure enough...there were 'allusions' to white supremacy. It is patently obvious and I will not be subverted by the meme.

But the substance of his research was really interesting.

That's it...and certainly no reflection upon you...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 10th May 2018 at 13:50.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (10th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), modwiz (10th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Maybe this goes here? IMO Jason Reza Jorjani is really interesting. he has been labeled by some but I don't see the labels stick as I hear him.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqO7ZdH-Q0
    It fits well here, Maggie. I like to listen to him even though I thought he mangled some Gnostic concepts in another interview with the same interviewer. He also gives credence to certain biblical narratives with a confidence outside of my own. He is a fresh voice to listen to and an intelligent one.
    Last edited by modwiz, 10th May 2018 at 14:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (10th May 2018), Dreamtimer (10th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    His reference to 'self-reliance' is like a piercing dog whistle in my brain...it screeches of every right wing meme in the current public consciousness. So despite his 'academic approach' it belies an 'agenda' to state that any 'other' that is underclass is failing as a human being...This simply is not the case and it is unkind, unjustified, and condescending to suggest it, if not even 'evil'.

Those thoughts led me to check his background and sure enough...there were 'allusions' to white supremacy. It is patently obvious and I will not be subverted by the meme.

But the substance of his research was really interesting.

That's it...and certainly no reflection upon you...
    I don't know the man and what he feels about his place in the world.
    I read in the past that he is considered a fellow traveller with white supremists but he did rebuttal. It might be possible IMO for each of us to think along the same lines IN SOME AREAS with a "group" mind without being IN the group. We all pick and chooose among ideas and IMO it is pretty sad to be a fish caught on any party's line.

I am not bothered at all by the idea of "self reliance". In fact I LOVE that ideal of having "strengths and abilities", of being clever, of thriving because one has a valuable contribution. The real is that we are interdependent.To me the MORE reliant we are on our own and locally cooperating with one anothers' help the better. IMO a political/economic/social world where everyone is able to contribute and feels empowered to be able to care for self and others is what the new earth paradigm means to me. The ideal has us do all this while retaining the very best of what human's have achieved while discarding what fails to make the grade in "sense".

Self sufficiency does not mean we should all live alone in a single suburban house suffering in isolation.

For instance IMO it makes sense that we have children be seen as all our legacy to the future. IMO there would NEVER be any issue over abortion if ALL children were welcomed and supported by everyone. We know That breast feeding is important so IMO we should make it easy for the mother to be with infants. But we should not make it hard for women who birth children to also have "professional" leanings. Not all women want to be at home. All mothers who want to be home should be supported.

I don't think this ideal of INTERDEPENDENT focus and individual choices is incompatible. General emphasis on self sufficiency as I see it is reasonable. For two reasons it seems important.

1. I think everything starts in the mind and when we have in mind a feeling of being needy, IMO that then cascades into our experience. The same with feeling strong, wise and secure in one's own "place" in life.

2. IMo the only way to be truly sovereign is when not needing the hand out from the structures that uses our need to control us. That is why I think we are hypnotically suggested to be weak, frail, ill, worth little. If we just suck up to our lowly value, that suits all the systems.

There are people everywhere who are feeling threatened by loss of identity. I think it is very regressive to be any kind of supremist as a reaction to fear of loss. IMO there is NO TRUTH to ANY kind of caste system justification.

People might see me and evaluate me to be a feminist and according to their feelings about feminism judge me. Feminism is just a label and I believe in the fluidity of gender and the need for all beings to express themselves based on individual differences. IMO intelligent beings act on reason and change when needed. Concepts of equality, egality and fraternity of enlightened beings does not mean everyone is the same.

This should have been in the rant section.
    Last edited by Maggie, 11th May 2018 at 04:12.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (11th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), enjoy being (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    I don't know the man and what he feels about his place in the world.
    I read in the past that he is considered a fellow traveller with white supremists but he did rebuttal. It might be possible IMO for each of us to think along the same lines IN SOME AREAS with a "group" mind without being IN the group. We all pick and chooose among ideas and IMO it is pretty sad to be a fish caught on any party's line.

I am not bothered at all by the idea of "self reliance". In fact I LOVE that ideal of having "strengths and abilities", of being clever, of thriving because one has a valuable contribution. The real is that we are interdependent.To me the MORE reliant we are on our own and locally cooperating with one anothers' help the better. IMO a political/economic/social world where everyone is able to contribute and feels empowered to be able to care for self and others is what the new earth paradigm means to me. The ideal has us do all this while retaining the very best of what human's have achieved while discarding what fails to make the grade in "sense".

Self sufficiency does not mean we should all live alone in a single suburban house suffering in isolation.

For instance IMO it makes sense that we have children be seen as all our legacy to the future. IMO there would NEVER be any issue over abortion if ALL children were welcomed and supported by everyone. We know That breast feeding is important so IMO we should make it easy for the mother to be with infants. But we should not make it hard for women who birth children to also have "professional" leanings. Not all women want to be at home. All mothers who want to be home should be supported.

I don't think this ideal of INTERDEPENDENT focus and individual choices is incompatible. General emphasis on self sufficiency as I see it is reasonable. For two reasons it seems important.

1. I think everything starts in the mind and when we have in mind a feeling of being needy, IMO that then cascades into our experience. The same with feeling strong, wise and secure in one's own "place" in life.

2. IMo the only way to be truly sovereign is when not needing the hand out from the structures that uses our need to control us. That is why I think we are hypnotically suggested to be weak, frail, ill, worth little. If we just suck up to our lowly value, that suits all the systems.

There are people everywhere who are feeling threatened by loss of identity. I think it is very regressive to be any kind of supremist as a reaction to fear of loss. IMO there is NO TRUTH to ANY kind of caste system justification.

People might see me and evaluate me to be a feminist and according to their feelings about feminism judge me. Feminism is just a label and I believe in the fluidity of gender and the need for all beings to express themselves based on individual differences. IMO intelligent beings act on reason and change when needed. Concepts of equality, egality and fraternity of enlightened beings does not mean everyone is the same.

This should have been in the rant section.
    yeah, I agree absolutely with what you have just posted...But you should see that there is a vast difference between your post and Jorjani's

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2018), Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (11th May 2018), Maggie (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    yeah, I agree absolutely with what you have just posted...But you should see that there is a vast difference between your post and Jorjani's
    Where did Jorjani post? Maggie made both posts.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    my bad...I referred to his video as a post...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    myth and magic are looking at the realm of "spectral phenomenon" and what I get form this philosopher is that it's our mental model building structures "spectacles" that keep us from appreciating the reality of what is now considered to be "paranormal".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QQTZ3ZVEO4

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    He doesn't believe what he is saying or doesn't expect anyone to believe him...it is an academic exercise for him...He's more likely concerned with supremacy...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), modwiz (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    myth and magic are looking at the realm of "spectral phenomenon" and what I get form this philosopher is that it's our mental model building structures "spectacles" that keep us from appreciating the reality of what is now considered to be "paranormal".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QQTZ3ZVEO4
    I very much appreciate you bringing these videos to this thread, Maggie. Jason is presenting well reasoned steps many can take at this point in our evolution as a species. There is a whole lot of fixin' to do and Jason will appeal to a hunger many have. I approve of what he is offering.
    Last edited by modwiz, 11th May 2018 at 14:20.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Today we take a look at another creature in Greek mythology, the Sphinx that was said to have terrorised the ancient city of Thebes asking travels a set of riddles. Those who answered answered incorrectly would be devoured.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post: