Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth And Magic

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    There are three main sites to source the myth videos. Tarvaa the Bard is my favorite for mood and his videos are more lengthy because he is more of a storyteller. A mix of the shorter and more comprehensive ones should be a good blend.

Here is a taste of Tarvaa. The fire is a wonderful touch. Thor is featured.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2018), Dreamtimer (1st May 2018), Elen (1st May 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd May 2018), enjoy being (2nd May 2018), Kathy (1st May 2018)

Thanks
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2018), Dreamtimer (1st May 2018), Elen (1st May 2018), enjoy being (2nd May 2018), Kathy (1st May 2018)

Thanks
    From the primordial Greek mythos, the bizarre Hecatonchires. The subtle insertion/insinuation of vanity on the part of Uranus is there to see when the Sophianic Narrative is known. Here begins the trashing of the Divine Feminine, with Her ultimately conspiring with Kronos, depicted as Her son (not) to castrate his father and take 'the throne' (that was never there) for himself. Nevertheless, fascinating story, IMO.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2018), Dreamtimer (1st May 2018), Elen (1st May 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd May 2018), enjoy being (2nd May 2018), Kathy (1st May 2018)

Thanks
    After the Hecatonchires, something more soothing and Celtic/Irish.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st May 2018), Dreamtimer (1st May 2018), Elen (1st May 2018), enjoy being (2nd May 2018), Kathy (1st May 2018)

Thanks

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (2nd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd May 2018), enjoy being (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    The god that Tuesday is named after.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    There are three main sites to source the myth videos. Tarvaa the Bard is my favorite for mood and his videos are more lengthy because he is more of a storyteller. A mix of the shorter and more comprehensive ones should be a good blend.

Here is a taste of Tarvaa. The fire is a wonderful touch. Thor is featured.

yeah, I like these...

It's got to be inconvenient flying around with a whetstone in your head...wouldn't wanna be Thor. One interesting thing about most tales like this, across the mythological spectrum including the abrahamic traditions, is that 'sleep' seems to be an integral and important 'meme'. Anyone have any ideas why. Off the top of mine, I would consider that sleep implies dreaming and dreaming with its connection to the other worlds might be the source. I love stories like these though...Every since reading about Paul Bunyan and Pecos Bill, I've been fascinated by legends.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 2nd May 2018 at 17:00.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (3rd May 2018), modwiz (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Spittin' image of Hecate...incidentally, in the Penny Dreadful series, she is the younger version, but decidedly lacking in empathy and at the mercy of her mother...I'm not sure it is the very same character but it seems so, they are witches.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), modwiz (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    After the Hecatonchires, something more soothing and Celtic/Irish.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (3rd May 2018), modwiz (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Spittin' image of Hecate...incidentally, in the Penny Dreadful series, she is the younger version, but decidedly lacking in empathy and at the mercy of her mother...I'm not sure it is the very same character but it seems so, they are witches.
    All images of Hecate are but hints are what is almost beyond our comprehension. She does Her best to allow us to perceive Her though. If we choose to work with Her and she reciprocates.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd May 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd May 2018), Elen (3rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd May 2018)

Thanks
    yeah, I like these...

It's got to be inconvenient flying around with a whetstone in your head...wouldn't wanna be Thor. One interesting thing about most tales like this, across the mythological spectrum including the abrahamic traditions, is that 'sleep' seems to be an integral and important 'meme'. Anyone have any ideas why. Off the top of mine, I would consider that sleep implies dreaming and dreaming with its connection to the other worlds might be the source. I love stories like these though...Every since reading about Paul Bunyan and Pecos Bill, I've been fascinated by legends.
    Today:

"In many ancient civilizations, the night with its blackness was revered, and the secrets of nighttime consciousness explored." (me: dreaming) "Correlations were made in which such knowledge was used consciously in the daytime. The two seemingly separate aspects of consciousness merged, and there were flowerings of art and civilization that are, in your terms now, almost impossible to conceive.

- Seth -

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), modwiz (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Today:

"In many ancient civilizations, the night with its blackness was revered, and the secrets of nighttime consciousness explored." (me: dreaming) "Correlations were made in which such knowledge was used consciously in the daytime. The two seemingly separate aspects of consciousness merged, and there were flowerings of art and civilization that are, in your terms now, almost impossible to conceive.

- Seth -
    Hey Mr Wiz:

This is not a test for you, you said you read the book in 1972-73 when it was written. I'm curious, the book is a great, 'practical', model for conducting one's psychological life. Verging on brilliant in its articulation or even supernatural if the book can pass this test:

Do you still have it and if you do...Is there a Chapter 14, pg. 282 and if there is, what is the last word on the page?

thanks
    NAP

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018)

Thanks
    Hey Mr Wiz:

This is not a test for you, you said you read the book in 1972-73 when it was written. I'm curious, the book is a great, 'practical', model for conducting one's psychological life. Verging on brilliant in its articulation or even supernatural if the book can pass this test:

Do you still have it and if you do...Is there a Chapter 14, pg. 282 and if there is, what is the last word on the page?

thanks
    NAP
    Is that The Nature of Personal Reality? If so, have to go to the basement to look for it but, want to make sure.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Is that The Nature of Personal Reality? If so, have to go to the basement to look for it but, want to make sure.
    yeah, that's it...thnx...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), modwiz (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Hey Mr Wiz:

thanks
    NAP
    I looked for the book and it would appear it is no longer in my collection. Must have given it to someone.

yeah, that's it...thnx...
    We just missed each other.

BTW. The Seth books were great for the time they were written and still stand as intellectual engagements for getting to the higher mind/self. As a Gnostic, there are clearly a few omissions but, it is now clear to me that much very relevant information can be given while avoiding the central and most important part. It is not about who we are but, what we are.
    Last edited by modwiz, 4th May 2018 at 19:21.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th May 2018), Dreamtimer (5th May 2018), Elen (9th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th May 2018)