Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddha became enlightened during lunar Eclipse. Become enlightened during 2018-19 lunar eclipses

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    My expectation is that body is the vehicle for our understanding. What good would it be to carry outta here a golf ball sized consciousness?
    It appears that way for earth spirits anyway. Yes, understanding comes thru experiencing... well, bodily experiences. Via the 5 senses recognized by classical science plus the senses regarded by far too many as pseudoscience. They demand hard, physical evidence and haven't yet figured out how to run em down and tie a string around em. But we're seeing a lot more study being done on the brain where it is clear that “influences” are coming from somewhere besides the 5 common and are being processed in body.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Chris (17th January 2019), Elen (17th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th January 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Like how about Jinn (who have reputation but also individuality according to some who say they know?? I wonder what you think of this article? Not saying I believe this article is true. I do wonder what "relationship" we have/could have with other beings? There is something about developing virtue and having no ill intent that is important. But how to we develop without expanding into unknown territory and getting into trouble? This IS a big topic.
    Hi Maggie,

The topic itself is certainly interesting, but I'm wary of people (usually of a fundamentalist Christian background) who insist that everything that isn't Jaysus is the work of the Devil. I really can't take people like that seriously.

Another red flag for me would be the numerous spelling mistakes found in just the introduction you posted here. I'm guessing this guy is better at chopping wood (with his hands) than booklearnin'.

How serious of a researcher are you if you can't even spell the basic terms in the subject matter you're researchin'?

I have to argue this point with fundamentalist Christians all the time, but Kundalini is a biological mechanism, not an evil spirit to be exorcised. Chi or Prana is a natural phenomenon, just a form of energy we can't presently detect with scientific instruments (though Chinese scientists had some success with indirect detection and measurement).

Of course, like everything these things have a dark side as well. People who open themselves up to the Astral or Spirit world, usually through unwise drug use or fiddling around with Ouija boards and spiritulalist seanses for a bit of a thrill, can certainly invite unwanted entities into their lives. These are incredibly hard to get rid off and can attach themselves to a person like parasites. Calling ghostbusters or your local priest/witchdoctor won't help either. I also participate in other forums that deal specifically with such matters and seemingly every second person there has entity attachment issues, hears voices or is beset by various mental ailments of this sort.

My own advice to them, usually, is to develop themselves and their own power spiritually, through meditation and the right lifestyle. Such entities prey on the weak and if you don't know how to protect yourself, you're certainly putting yourself at risk. Another issue is that the entities that are closest to us physically and in terms of their base vibration are the ones that are most likely to cause trouble. The really high vibrational heavenly beings (what most people would refer to as gods or angels) rarely make themselves known in this realm, except out of compassion. It is quite rare that someone can reach this heavenly realm, it requires an incredible amount of energy and a control of thoughts, emotions and the flow of prana/chi in the body. In my own experience, it requires the power of a fully raised Kundalini serpent to break through to that realm and few people have that. It also requires this same power to drive away unwanted entities. The fire of the Kundalini (or Holy Spirit/Ghost if you prefer that term) burns these beings and they can't stand the incredible heat and brightness.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Elen (17th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th January 2019), Maggie (17th January 2019), palooka's revenge (18th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    that was my 1st impression also Chris...but I finished it anyway. It isn't only fundamentalists that tend to think and feel that way though.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Chris (17th January 2019), Maggie (17th January 2019), palooka's revenge (18th January 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    that was my 1st impression also Chris...but I finished it anyway. It isn't only fundamentalists that tend to think and feel that way though.
    Yeah you're right. Christianity, and most religions are like brainwashing programmes. They work like a mind virus, going from host to host, turning the victim's brain into mush. There is some value and truth in all religions, but it's mighty hard to find and usually well hidden amongst the dross.

I've read some of the material, but didn't have time to look at it in any detail yet.

What was your impression of it after reading the whole thing?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Maggie (17th January 2019), palooka's revenge (18th January 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah you're right. Christianity, and most religions are like brainwashing programmes. They work like a mind virus, going from host to host, turning the victim's brain into mush. There is some value and truth in all religions, but it's mighty hard to find and usually well hidden amongst the dross.
    I know that in general there is massive ignorance (meaning "don't know" so make up explanations) about the large portion of the inhabitated Universe we cannot sense. The forums we visit are full of experiencers and people with stories to explain them. People like Jacques Vallee have approached the UFO phenomenon from the vantage point of interdimensional rather than extraterrestrial. Many of the paranormal subjects are all linked but people distinguish them based on their perceptions.

The ancient scriptures and science like the vedas are "mythic" IMO meaning they are like metadata... stories that relate science (in metaphor) so hopefully to allow the passing on of truth (IMO). Now we have the latest edges of consideration of "reality" approaching ideas like "holographic simulations" "AI versus organic consciousness" etc. Many have stated that THE antidote to concerns lies in Inner Technology. Many are beating the drum that says we MUST include consiousness as a variable for all reality evidenced.

I feel gobsmacked by the wave of the massive mystery. I am so cuirious and see so many avenues but to follow a dead end means we MUST turn ariund and come back and set out again so many just get stuck in the cul de sac I think. I do sincerely think everything is working for the good and we are meant to experience LIFE in a powerful expanding way. IMO we can heal ourselves, develop great capacity and do it now. It does need clearing our beliefs and fears and debris.

I cannot yet imagine a "reality" that is not included in the ONE energy so I only look at duality (like this path is good, this other path is evil) as the temporary way we create distinctions here and can learn BUT if harm is involved we will SELF limit (our larger SELF IMO) so we can only move so far. This is IMO our own meta perspective. So far it appears to me that what and whom I meet is based on my own energy. So If I clean up my energy, I will meet cleanliness. As I stretch, I feel I access greater energy. I am not looking to ascend but do wish to keep stretching now.

I became very curious the last week about a hybrid practice called Kunlun. It is based on some Taoist practices but the man Max Christensen who developed it is a synthesist who claims many schools of shamanic/energetic lineages accepted him as one of their own. He says he wanted to put together a way people could experience the original opening that "shamans or yogis" experienced and then were codified by studenst and passed on without the oomph. He has a few videos only and most of what people have posted that I could find is a few years ago but he still has students.

Some have said that another taoist teacher Jenny Lamb may have taught him? These arts are ancient and part of many religions of the east.

Apparently one student Max Chrisitensen claims is Kan who lived at ECETI for a while. He is Japanese and probably Kunlun is not his only practice? Kan has been known to be able to "disappear" in full view of people, one of the siddhis that are a result of activating the inner capacities of Taoist practices.

becoming invisible

Here are the two recentish videos I found

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUitCQ8zG1g

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAf1zmDv41M

I was really curious about what this is all about and I ordered a book online. then I found a web pdf of an earlier book https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/Occu...ism/Kunlun.pdf

(and by the way a massive library there at https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/

So I looked and actually in the Kunlun Mountains there is a sect that has eveidence of some of the practice he calls a sponatneous qigong. In this video Starting about 6 minutes in, people are meditating and listening to a singer and then start having spontaneous movement and speaking (like the fundamentalists accessing the "holy spirit").

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5wgpJGIF4

These are what Max Christensen reporst will happen with his Kunlun. He suggests it clears out the subtle body blocks quickly.

I read many old threads on sites like on the Tao Bums where there was a very mixed response to using the teachings. Many said the basic practice is powerful but many reported suspicions that negative entities were "invited" and that Max is also suspicious. It seems that some after effects by some were experiences of "sleep paralysis", dark dreams, visons of "demonic" entities, and other paranormal and uncomfortable effects. Then many discussed how these are ONE"S OWN subtle blocks expressing. Here is one thread that shows how people were divided by their perceptions

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/379...un-and-demons/

The reason I am posting all this is FYI for the curious since I looked at all this lately.

I THINK that maybe one gateway we need to cross is fear of our own boundaries being breached such that we cannot maintain our NORMAL world. We have set out our limits. All these explorations are not On and Off and All or Nothing. If what I read is true, people in Mundane life can gently unravel and I am going to try out Kunlun. I found a rather close by teacher in NC north of Asheville. I will try out the Kunlun exercise for beginning. It is laid out in the book I linked. I ordered a book that is more recent form Amazon.
    Last edited by Maggie, 17th January 2019 at 17:30.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Chris (17th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th January 2019), palooka's revenge (18th January 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    One could just as well take a counter position to the Danger Of Chi article and write an analysis as I did here titled Holy Smoke.

what is god to one may be demonic to another and vicie versie...

maggie said...

There is something about developing virtue and having no ill intent that is important. But how to we develop without expanding into unknown territory and getting into trouble? This IS a big topic.
    palooka sez... there exists an inner beacon within each of us that, when allowed to lead will bring us home. To quote Wim Hoff...

you will feel it!

home, in this case = the Form of Right Place for any sovereign being (be they inside or outside of love) somewhere within - or perhaps even without - this universe.

there is an unidentified and thus unrealized (by the author) theme or pattern in ALL of the sources referenced in the article as well as the author's own conclusions/POV's that plays out in one way or the other or both and that is:

the acquiescence of one's Will into the hands of another

and

the overpowering of one over the Will of another

the latter is moot without the presence of the former in some way. neither need necessarily be conscious of it for such to happen. its all energetic dynamics interacting anyway and thus the state underlying energies are in has a lot to do with what manifests, how it manifests, and the form into which it manifests.

IOW, (for example) there may be an original cause event somewhere way back in my antiquity where I denied my personal power to protect myself from outside forces be they benevolent or malevolent and, as it is with many of my deepest denials, I remain in denial of the denial. And thus, this leaves me vulnerable to all sort of overpowerment and/or possession by outside (of me) forces. and, to the extent that i allowed my Will to be overpowered and manipulated those forces may now dwell within me.

denial of self in one way or another is pervasive in all spirits which is why BOTH "teacher" (ie, shaman or priest of any persuasion) AND student alike are vulnerable and thus susceptible to persuasion and/or possession even. at the same time, such is also opportunity. because...

denial creates an experience or experiences equal to or greater than the denial
    so the denial may be cleared...

palooka sez... such is the perfection of creation! the author, not only has no concept of this fundamental understanding, but also has absolutely no clue they are the pot calling the kettle black!

chris said...

Another red flag for me would be the numerous spelling mistakes found in just the introduction you posted here. I'm guessing this guy is better at chopping wood (with his hands) than booklearnin'.
    yeah, its pretty discombobulated. struck me that the evidence of recurring patterns indicate a translation software was used and then the author had no one of the english persuasion to proof read. ie the word his was consistently translated as hes...
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 17th January 2019 at 19:44.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Chris (17th January 2019), Elen (18th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th January 2019), Maggie (17th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    What was your impression of it after reading the whole thing?

Honestly, it brought a smile to my face...given all the smug anti-Christians running around.

I carry those beliefs around with me as a wakeup call to be wary. Frankly, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that biblical passages might have been misinterpreted. But given that I'm not a qualified biblical scholar who am I to make that claim.

holographic simulations: I think this is a very misunderstood concept. I believe that in the truest sense a holographic simulation is a holographic reality. Meaning that is the nature of cosmic consciousness. We know that 'solid' is not really solid. Solid is the physical body's interpretation of coherent energy.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2019), Chris (17th January 2019), Elen (18th January 2019), Maggie (17th January 2019)