Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Serpo...again...

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I prefer scouting things out. You call it cheating, Dumpy, but in light of people abusing time travel, if what you say is true, I don't think it's cheating. I'm more referring to looking into the future than changing the past, but one can look at the past too...perhaps seeing what's being changed. I don't think that's impossible at all.
    lets hope not impossible or we're pretty much stuck with reenacting it...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th April 2018), Dreamtimer (27th April 2018), Elen (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2018), enjoy being (27th April 2018), Kathy (26th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    My point of view doesn't count in this connection...I know But "The Truth" is just another carrot dangling in front of us...there...I've said it.
    Are you summoning Lord Sidious?!
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (27th April 2018), Elen (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2018), Kathy (26th April 2018), modwiz (27th April 2018), palooka's revenge (27th April 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by tarka the duck View Post
    That sounds as if you think debunking is, per se, a bad thing.

Debunk = to expose the falseness or hollowness of (an idea or belief)

Isn't that what we all aspire to do??

The "us and them" mentality is so passé: alt media is no more all good than mainstream is all bad.
    A healthy dose of scepticism is needed in all matters.
    True skepticism is sublime IMO.

True Skeptics / Open-Minded Skeptics

Questions everything and takes nothing on faith, even from cherished established institutions.

Asks questions to try to understand new things and are open to learning about them.

Applies critical examination and inquiry to all sides, including their own.

Withholds judgment and does not jump to rash conclusions.

Seeks the truth and considers it the highest aim.

Thinks in terms of possibilities rather than in preserving fixed views.

Fairly and objectively weighs evidence on all sides.

Acknowledges valid convincing evidence rather than ignoring or denying it.

Possess solid sharp common sense and reason.

Are able to adapt their paradigms to new evidence and update their hypothesis to fit the data.

When all conventional explanations for a phenomenon are ruled out, are able to accept paranormal ones.

Accepts that there are mysteries and revels in trying to understand them.

Views science as a tool and methodology, not as a religion or authority to be obeyed. Understands the difference between the scientific process and the scientific establishment.

Acknowledges that the scientific establishment is subject to politics, corruption, control, censorship and suppression, as all human based institutions are - and therefore must be critically examined and scrutinized, rather than taken on faith, especially in the light of contrary evidence to their claims.
    Will admit they are wrong when the evidence calls for it.
    http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/characteristics.php
    Aragorn said:

Originally Posted by Dumpster Diver:
    "Aragorn. Dude. You refuse to consider that most, if not all the science we been “sold” is false."
    That is exactly the kind of knee-jerk reaction that gives us "alternative community" folks a bad reputation. It's also the argument ad nauseam for proponents of the Flat Earth hypothesis.

Look, if mainstream science says that something works because of this and that reason, and there are decades of physical evidence and practical application to support it, then the mainstream scientific explanation is most likely the correct one. Occam's razor, et al.
    I have been completely SHOCKED by the number of seemingly intelligent people who once discovering that we cannot "believe" the information we have been taught THEN believe the ideas like flat earth, the mountains et al being remains of giant trees etc.,????? WEIRD

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (27th April 2018), Elen (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (26th April 2018), enjoy being (27th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), palooka's revenge (27th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Everywhere I go, there I am.
    Often left till last, for maybe the I is not considered to be going anywhere.
    A constant follower.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (27th April 2018), Elen (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), palooka's revenge (27th April 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    Are you summoning Lord Sidious?!
    No no no..I think it's really hard to take sides on the question of truth. People's understanding changes from time to time, and so will truths change also.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th April 2018), enjoy being (27th April 2018), Kathy (28th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    No no no..I think it's really hard to take sides on the question of truth. People's understanding changes from time to time, and so will truths change also.
    It was a jest at the mention of a "carrot".
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (27th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), modwiz (27th April 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    It was a jest at the mention of a "carrot".

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (28th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), modwiz (27th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Pursuit of the inconsequential is indicative of "their mind", that both Yaqui sorcerers and Gnostics knew and warned about. Gnostic is a tricky term since the judeo-christian-gnostic slop of the Nag Hammadi texts is often the yardstick by which most people judge gnostics by. What a hot mess that collection is.

With almost 50 years of immersion in things esoteric, I have pursued many a trivial path and understand that others may have to do just that. Being an 'elder' means nothing in our society, especially since the majority of that generation was in pursuit of wealth and things instead of Wisdom. However, they can speak intelligently about 401K's.
    Last edited by modwiz, 27th April 2018 at 19:26.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th April 2018), Dreamtimer (28th April 2018), Elen (28th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th April 2018), enjoy being (28th April 2018), JRS (30th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), PurpleLama (27th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Pursuit of the inconsequential is indicative of "their mind", that both Yaqui sorcerers and Gnostics knew and warned about. Gnostic is a tricky term since the judeo-christian-gnostic slop of the Nag Hammadi texts is often the yardstick by which most people judge gnostics by. What a hot mess that collection is.

With almost 50 years of immersion in things esoteric, I have pursued many a trivial path and understand that others may have to do just that. Being an 'elder' means nothing in our society, especially since the majority of that generation was in pursuit of wealth and things instead of Wisdom. However, they can speak intelligently about 401K's.
    Pursuit of inconsequential, now there is one set of words to describe the dynamic I have been pounding out here lately, thanks for that. I see quite a lot as being inconsequential. A lot. And understand how people have to go to dead ends. And understand also how there is quite a large percentage of these whims that take people, that they actually really don't need to travel down, and that it is a byproduct of their perception which is making them want to constantly LOOK for a path to go down.

The elders thing is a funny one to me. There is no clear cut thing, some older peoples wisdom I respect, for different reasons, It can show us where we have come from. We have lost some knowledge, like how to work land and preserve foods. I really enjoy the wisdoms of my family for those aspects. And I enjoy seeing their attitudes towards the world.
    Many are old enough to see, but too stuck in the old moulds to do anything, too easily reactive in old ways.
    Personally I am stuck somewhere between as I am not really a normal 43 and 5/6s year old and have been dished out things since a young age, lol.
    Each mantle had to be carried in the best way it could I suppose. The industrial age had to happen and all the bits in between, to get to an 'information' age.
    To find information prior to the internet you had to find it in the banal as much as you had to hunt down rare books and read them. The slowness of this in comparison to today meant even writers of these books were taking much longer to connect dots.
    Bullshit also gets spread faster, but in turn I guess people can see it sooner.
    We still live in the world of my elders, where they have taken lots. House prices and their empire building has expressed the high modernist age. The pinnacle of the epoch that started when the peasant saw the king ride by with all the riches and land ownership and desired to be him. Today we most live like kings. Even when we are quite poor. Running water, soft beds, health, literacy and the ability to grasp abstract concepts.

Religion has been deconstructed, the superstitions and fears which controlled them into 'behaving', allowing us to see ourselves, and hopefully without so many distortions to our view. So as each decade passes, the people let go of distortions. We have seen some fierce resistance, some people have really seemingly grown wild compared to the false demeanour that the control of the church once had. I see things as a shuffle to defrag some of those things which are prudent ways to behave, but to learn to DO them not because of narrowed vision and fear. But of course a period of self expression and plenty leads to plenty of chaos and gluttony and all these things which we see and dislike, which is all part of it, all part of a natural cause and effect plan which teaches us who we are underneath our facades and identifiers and thought loops.

I watch and listen a lot in my life. Many people don't even notice me when asked by others if they saw me. I feel quite encouraged by what I see. The changes in the different groups of different ages and interests. I see regularly each group will be looking at the others trying to work out where they fit perhaps. I see some look down at others, and some look up, both being traps of course. I hear people share such commentaries and while reading the words also see it for the opposite, as indication of natural insecurities or what have you.

I have always understood that for everything we say which is correct, it will also have an equal chance of being false for someone. I often see the battle of the ages as necessary, but such an unfortunate convolution. But to make something out of two things (or more) then compare and contrast happens, and to get the best of both worlds then both those worlds need to maintain their integrity and their essence long enough rather than just capitulate and collapse into a murky grey soup.

Thanks for sticking to your guns too Modwiz. Many of your time have probably lost the plot by now from the age in which you all picked up the torch, you were selected to be one of the representatives of that age, to bring the best of your fold into the forum. And I don't mean TOT necessarily, of course. I mean, the first time I had dealings with you was when you joined PA, 3 or 4 days after me, so I am talking broader circles of time.

We all are probably constantly showing each other our flaws and failures while also bringing great gifts to share. I personally gave up on caring if I am heard or trying to make certain people hear. I try to keep grounded in a space where I type, to mainly speak to the person who is not a member or contributor. The type when you speak in a group of strangers, who is pretending not to be listening in, who doesn't or wont acknowledge the words, for they are far to scared to drop any guard. You know, the ones who really need some kind of options to be worded for them.

Sorry for the wall of words, have a cup of tea everyone.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th April 2018), Elen (28th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (28th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), modwiz (28th April 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    ...judeo-christian-gnostic slop...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Kathy (2nd May 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)