Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Talmud

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts

The Talmud

I am interested in what Dr. Lorraine Day has to say, because I am very impressed with her deathbed recovery from cancer after she asked God to show her the way.

Right now I am listening to her talk about the Talmud in the YouTube video "Dr. Lorraine Day - Jewish Control of Medicine & Health Issues," which was posted on YouTube September 13, 2016.

I just heard her say that in the Talmud it says that a Jewish doctor is never to save the life of a non-Jew.

I don't know what the Talmud says, and if I were to try to pull it up on the internet, I don't know how to evaluate the website posting it.

I'm not Jewish so I don't know from personal experience.

What does the Talmud say?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), modwiz (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    I am interested in what Dr. Lorraine Day has to say, because I am very impressed with her deathbed recovery from cancer after she asked God to show her the way.

Right now I am listening to her talk about the Talmud in the YouTube video "Dr. Lorraine Day - Jewish Control of Medicine & Health Issues," which was posted on YouTube September 13, 2016.

I just heard her say that in the Talmud it says that a Jewish doctor is never to save the life of a non-Jew.

I don't know what the Talmud says, and if I were to try to pull it up on the internet, I don't know how to evaluate the website posting it.

I'm not Jewish so I don't know from personal experience.

What does the Talmud say?
    The Talmud says many things, even a few sublime things. Cherry picking is a distortion because it is a little like a forum. Any member is free to post their thoughts. However, the thoughts are tied into their cosmology which is alien to the human species. I have read passages of rabbis who understand the nature of their god, demented and retarded, and it is their place to, their holy work, to be its proxies on Earth. They will honor the blood contract that began with Abraham.(circumcision)

It is christianity, (Rome) picking up this toxic trail and spreading with the sword that lies at the heart of modern woes. The prophet of Islam had a wealthy christian wife, Fatima, and the blood continued to flow.

Gaia/Sophia is our Creator and Mother, not to mention, under our feet and all around us. Sophia means wisdom in Greek and we ignore Her at the peril of the species. All species, actually.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), JATUS (23rd April 2018), tarka the duck (22nd April 2018), WantDisclosure (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    This is the video I'm talking about:

OmegaDJ169
    Published on Sep 13, 2016

Dr. Lorraine Day with Daryl B. Smith on The French Connection - 1/9/2007

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Cherry picking is a distortion because it is a little like a forum.
    Does the Talmud say anything about Jewish doctors and what they should and should not do, qualified by circumstances, etc.?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), modwiz (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    This is the video I'm talking about:

Does the Talmud say anything about Jewish doctors and what they should and should not do, qualified by circumstances, etc.?
    My last answer in the general forum, KT. Some rabbis have written such things and will be found in the talmud.

Like our forum, what one says does not represent the whole.

No more questions to me please. I have already informed administration as to what my uses of this forum will be.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (20th April 2018), WantDisclosure (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Some rabbis have written such things and will be found in the talmud.
    Very helpful.

I am new to the research topic of The Talmud.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The host interviewing Dr. Day is Daryl B. Smith.

Clearly, Daryl is a person with a passion for the truth, which is sacred, in my opinion.

The interview in question took place in 2007.

I was wondering whether or not Daryl is still an activist looking for information that we the people need.

My search brought up the YouTube video "Daryl Bradford Smith on Pizzagate" posted Nov 30, 2016.

Zionist Report
    Published on Nov 30, 2016

In this interview, Andrew Carrington Hitchcock & Daryl Bradford Smith talk through his research on the international pedophilia ring that has surfaced recently in the, “Pizzagate,” scandal, evidence of which has been discovered amongst Hillary Clinton’s numerous emails. Daryl was a leading light in exposing the elites’ predilection for sexually abusing children, during his French Connection radio show which ran for over ten years. It is the duty of all of us to continue exposing these evil people, who prey on defenseless children to satisfy their own sick and perverted desires.

Last edited by WantDisclosure, 19th April 2018 at 23:32. Reason: Punctuation

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    My search brought up the YouTube video "Daryl Bradford Smith on Pizzagate" posted Nov 30, 2016 . . .
    Here is the "About" page for the YouTuber:

Description

www.zionistreport.com

Zionist Report isn’t a Jewish bashing site nor are we anti-Semitic. What we are is a site that questions the prerogative of the Zionist movement and how it encompasses geopolitics and affairs from the bottom to the very top of society. The videos we post, current events, documentaries, and clips we all legally source.

What we are here to do is to make you think and expose the truth to you.

We are here to have you look at these events in a historical context. We encourage you to have positive dialogue and debate with fellow viewers.

Connect the dots and you will see nothing is as it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGR...u9Omv4-A/about

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (20th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    What?????Wizzie chooses to reply no more? Thought you loved questions. So what is your role here?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dreamtimer (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (20th April 2018)

Thanks
    From another thread:

Regarding Stephen Lendman . . .
    I was curious to see whether Jewish American analyst and writer Stephen Lendman has written about the Talmud.

I haven’t found an article specifically about the Talmud, but this article mentions it:

Israeli Rabbi Wants Non-Jews Banished
    Published by Stephen Lendman at March 28, 2016

Israel is unfit to live in, including for most Jews, a society serving its privileged few alone like America.

Arab citizens (20% of the population) are treated like fifth column threats, denied rights afforded Jews, Knesset members representing them treated like potted plants.

Religious extremists like chief Sephardic rabbi Yitzhak Yosef have enormous influence. Instead of denouncing their unacceptable ideology, they’re embraced as distinguished figures.

Josef wants non-Jews banished for not observing Judaic law, saying “gentiles should not live in the Land of Israel.”

“If a gentile does not agree to take on the Seven (Laws of Noah, binding on everyone, according to the Talmud), we should send him to Saudi Arabia. When the true and complete redemption arrives, that is what we will do.”

Yosef believes the only reason non-Jews are allowed to live in Israel is because the Messiah hasn’t arrived. Their role is serving Jews, equal rights denied.

Weeks earlier, he urged Israelis to kill alleged Palestinian “terrorists” without fear of legal consequences, calling it a religious imperative.

“If someone comes to kill you, you kill him first. Don’t start being afraid with all kinds…that they’ll make about him later in the High Court of Justice, or that some chief of staff will come and say something different,” he said.

“It deters them too. The moment a terrorist knows that if he comes with a knife he won’t return alive, that will deter them. That’s why it’s a mitzvah to kill him.”

Religious extremists like Yosef and secular counterparts like Netanyahu run Israel, a nation unfit to live in for Jews and non-Jews alike, militarized for unchallenged control.

Palestinian human rights activist Imad Abu Shamsiya captured on videotape an Israeli soldier lethally shooting Abd al-Fattah al-Sharif, lying helpless on the ground.

He’s receiving death threats from extremist settlers, was detained, interrogated and threatened by Israel’s military, forced to hand over the original copy of his tape, saying he was told:

“How will you benefit from this video? It got a lot of publicity. Your name is known to everyone.”

“Who is going to protect you and your family from right-wing Israelis? Remember you live in (Tel Rumeida), surrounded by Israeli settlers. Who will be able to protect you there?

He’s gotten cell phone death threats and taunts by settlers shouting at him for hours outside his home.

“I now fear for my life and the life of my family,” he said. “I’m afraid they might attack my house and do me harm.”

He’s been targeted before. Last year, extremist settlers set his home ablaze, no one held accountable for the crime.

He’s deputy coordinator for Human Rights Defenders, a Hebron-based group involved in documenting West Bank abuses committed by soldiers and settlers.

Lunatics running Israel represent pure evil, the nation an affront to humanity, an apartheid police state masquerading as democratic.

http://stephenlendman.org/2016/03/is...jews-banished/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I doubt the Talmud says exactly that. There is probably a mitzvah that has been interpreted, or mis-interpreted, that points to how a jew versus a gentile should be treated. For instance, a rabbi might not worry over kosher food for a gentile. I doubt there is a direct command to not treat.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018), Elen (21st April 2018), WantDisclosure (21st April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I doubt the Talmud says exactly that. There is probably a mitzvah that has been interpreted, or mis-interpreted, that points to how a jew versus a gentile should be treated. For instance, a rabbi might not worry over kosher food for a gentile. I doubt there is a direct command to not treat.
    The Talmud originates from oral tradition from rabbis?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018)

Thanks
    My search brought up the YouTube video "Daryl Bradford Smith on Pizzagate" posted Nov 30, 2016.
    The host interviewing Daryl is Andrew Carrington Hitchcock.

He has a website:

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018)

Thanks
    My understanding is that there is a lot of debate and interpretation. They don't believe they know all of their history. There are 613 mitzvahs. I believe they take scripture as literally as they can but they still debate. Anyone can be a rabbi, but I've only heard of one female rabbi.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018), Elen (21st April 2018), WantDisclosure (21st April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There are 613 mitzvahs.
    Do you know this from your personal acquaintances? (I remember you posting about a Jewish Orthodox friend.)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st April 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018), Elen (21st April 2018)

Thanks
    I'm no expert. I don't know where the Torah ends and the Talmud begins.

According to a definition I found the Torah has two parts, written and oral. The Oral is, more or less, what has become the Talmud. It's considered the explanation of the written Torah.

It was only written to preserve it, it's supposed to be Oral. One rabbi wrote it in code because of this.

God gave the Torah. The Talmud comes from the rabbis. That seems to be a rule of thumb.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (21st April 2018), Elen (21st April 2018), tarka the duck (22nd April 2018), WantDisclosure (21st April 2018)