Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Six Pack

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Honestly, there is a lot of truth to that...but, a big butt it is...

How long have the forces that be been trying to put Bill and Hillary in a jail cell...Go back over their history from legitimate sources so you are able to start from a truer picture. I would say no, not even close...not really. Now it's my turn...don't misunderstand me, I am no Bill and Hillary lover. But they are far from the demonic characters they have painted by the right.

Trump and his gang are falling like dead flies.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th April 2018), Dreamtimer (14th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Emphasis with bold typeface is mine...

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Honestly, there is a lot of truth to that...but, a big butt it is...
    Freudian slip?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Well, the Clintons are responsible for many deaths and I wouldn't take that lightly. Then again, they're not the only ones with lots of blood on their conscience.

Obama was a nice corporate package, surely a charismatic character... But yet so full of empty promises. Hillary would have been ten times worse than that.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th April 2018), Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), jcocks (16th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Obama promised change but carried on the same policies of the Bush administration. Trump promised to MAGA but is carrying on with the same policies from the Obama administration. They aren't two opposing parties, they are one party under the thumb of the ruling elite. The ruling elite doesn't operate in terms of liberal and conservative. Those are contrived differences used to 1.) make us think we have a choice when we vote blue or red and 2.) keep us at each others throats.

It's worked seamlessly for decades.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), jcocks (16th April 2018), Mahakasyapa (15th April 2018), sean.s (23rd March 2019), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (14th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts

The fruits of our work - The Soapbox Series

You are not a number. You are important.

Okay I just dragged this old bit of writing out. It is pretty detailed and boring regards my ancestors, but in the hope of making example. It was written for a kiwi audience..
    I haven't reread it for ages. I just got the inclination to post it now, this was the thread I ended up choosing, but there's probably a few conversation it could be dropped in.

The Fruits of our hard work. The Soapbox series.

How are you and yours relevant? You are. You might have forgotten, or never thought of it this way, or just accept it humbly as you should and expect all others to quietly also know their heritage and whakapapa.

How shall I write this. Lets make it a bit of an address or a letter. I'll use an example of a fairly average person in NZ addressing an audience. To keep it real so I have to keep to a real person, we'll make that person myself.

**Greetings everyone, I have been asked to put down in words, a brief outline on who I am, where I come from, and where I expect to be going. It is a thing which I tend to put in the back of my mind yet hold dear. If not for my own sense of purpose, then for the sake of respect to those not just in my family, who came before me. I am not talking of anything magnificent or worthy of boasting about, I am attempting to pragmatically demonstrate how easily it can be shown that the citizens of this nation really are the rightful heirs to their nations wealth and prosperity. I would also add, that this does not mean we, those alive now, have the right to gorge ourselves on the fruits planted by our ancestors, for they too were once us, on the platform supplied by their relations. So this is not a take over, no demand to split the treasure now, cut and run. It is just really putting everything back in its place. A reminder of landscape.-

**I am a descendant of several early settlers, the earliest of which arrived in New Plymouth aboard the William Hyde in 1852. Another branch of descendants were settled in Canterbury by 1878. The branch whose surname I carry, started in Wellington in 1896 when my Great Great Grandfather married the daughter of a railway labourer who had been in New Zealand since 1874, arriving on the ship, Golden Sea. There are more but that should be sufficient for the purpose.

**It is here I wish to make mention of what motivates us, or what motivated our ancestors really.

New Zealand, a place for new beginnings and hopes to build a future for our children. And our children's children. And.. so on. My ancestors, some of them still work the same land that they first arrived to. I have read a journal written by another person's great great grandfather, who was part of the same community in which my oldest New Zealand relatives lived, and got a deeper understanding of how they all worked together to do what needed to be done to bring about the farmland that you would see today. I also will make mention of the railway, which by mention of my Great great grandmothers family, I will also stake a claim as being one of the children of his future, that her father would have been motivated by.

**But let's shrink it back to recent relatives. The Grandparents. One set holding two prominent farming families who continue today. And the other set, a dairy factory manager from the late 40's to the late 60's, his wife, my Nana, the daughter of Canterbury traders. During that time as a dairy factory manager, my Grandfather was involved in the upskilling period of milk production and made several unofficial innovations in many areas involving things from refrigeration to hose couplings.

**If you know your history of the New Zealand dairy farming industry, you will know that Taranaki and the Waikato are to many extents, the nucleus of that which we now have today. It's land, and the hard work of its people, saw it becoming the largest production area of dairy from the get go. These two provinces grew and grew, and then they started amalgamating within themselves, going from what at one point was approximately 240 co-operative dairy factories between them, to just one huge one each. Their huge production capabilities paving the way for our reputation on the world stage. The fruits of 1000's of lives labour. It was in 1992 that Taranaki co-ops became one, and they soon started buying out companies in the South Island and the Eastern North Island.

**Then in 2001, the two companies from Waikato and Taranaki amalgamated into one and became Fonterra, one of the worlds largest dairy companies.

**I never got to meet my grandfather who was a factory manager, his life was cut short 6 months after I was born when he was hit by a car in Auckland as he ran to catch the public transport on his car-less day in 1975. I am so very glad he got to meet me though. The chance to see some of the results of all his hard work.

**This is not any story out of the ordinary. I am sorry if it was perhaps even a bit bland and lacking in heroics. There was heroics too, the other grandfather served in WW2 like so many others of that age. He received lots of medals, but in my book I selfishly think he was a hero because he came back, a little changed, but not so bad as others, and then fathered his first child, my mother. Because it does have to keep going doesn't it. The things which keep us going are things in our hearts.

Each of us have come from such sacrifices of our past families, we were their hope before they even knew it.

These things are precious.

We are the ones they did it all for.

Legacies which have taken centuries and even longer, yet today we are told we have no ownership.

We are often treated as unfortunate realities standing in the way.

Just mere citizens who have no connection to the riches which our modern nation can claim.

Much of it now sold out from beneath us overnight.

Tens of 1000's of people roll in their graves.

It makes me sad to imagine what they would think upon seeing what has happened to their dreams.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), palooka's revenge (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Well, the Clintons are responsible for many deaths and I wouldn't take that lightly. Then again, they're not the only ones with lots of blood on their conscience.

Obama was a nice corporate package, surely a charismatic character... But yet so full of empty promises. Hillary would have been ten times worse than that.
    Obama...no not empty promises...he came to office with two 'agendas'.

Health insurance for the masses and to be President of the United States, not president of the minority population. He fullfilled both promises. Every judgment he made was well balanced and REAL.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Emphasis with bold typeface is mine...

Freudian slip?
    nah, just playing 'cause it seemed appropriate...

Quote Originally posted by GraceKB View Post
    Obama promised change but carried on the same policies of the Bush administration. Trump promised to MAGA but is carrying on with the same policies from the Obama administration. They aren't two opposing parties, they are one party under the thumb of the ruling elite. The ruling elite doesn't operate in terms of liberal and conservative. Those are contrived differences used to 1.) make us think we have a choice when we vote blue or red and 2.) keep us at each others throats.

It's worked seamlessly for decades.
    He carried on 'some' of the Bush policies...He tried to the max to close Guantanamo and was stopped in his tracks by full effort by the right. The drone attacks were a practical necessity...not pretty, but necessary. He tried to disengage gracefully from the Middle East and the right wouldn't have it...Where did he fail to uphold a promise?

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post

What deaths Wind...I want to investigate that?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Obama...no not empty promises...he came to office with two 'agendas'.

Health insurance for the masses and to be President of the United States, not president of the minority population. He fullfilled both promises. Every judgment he made was well balanced and REAL.
    Um, no, Obama promised that he would have ended the Patriot Act and that he would have closed down Gitmo. And instead of doing either, he silently reaffirmed the Patriot Act, and Gitmo is still operational as we speak — more than 9 years after Obama's first inauguration.

I'll give you that he had agendas alright. They just happened to not be the agendas you think he had.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Um, no, Obama promised that he would have ended the Patriot Act and that he would have closed down Gitmo. And instead of doing either, he reaffirmed the Patriot Act and Gitmo is still operational as we speak, more than 9 years after Obama's first inauguration.

I'll give you that he had agendas alright. They just happened to not be the agendas you think he had.
    The right was blatantly at work to stop everythng...it's all too obvious, I still don't understand how people don't see the reality of this...Maybe it's because I watched everythng unfold like a hawk.

Obama...changed patent law to prevent rules and regulation to prevent people from introducing new 'Fringe' technologies

Um, no, Obama promised that he would have ended the Patriot Act and that he would have closed down Gitmo. And instead of doing either, he silently reaffirmed the Patriot Act, and Gitmo is still operational as we speak — more than 9 years after Obama's first inauguration.

I rarely overlook things like that ...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    The right was blatantly at work to stop everythng...
    As president, Obama had the privilege of overruling whatever the right — or more appropriately termed, "the farther right", because the US Democrats are also a right-wing and authoritarian party — could come up with. And yet he didn't.

But okay, there's no point in mulling over that now. What's done is done, and now you've got a racist Mafia don in the White House.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Obama's agenda was to carry on the agenda set down for him by the powers that be.

They are just placeholders.
    Last edited by GraceKB, 15th April 2018 at 12:59. Reason: too short

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), jcocks (16th April 2018), sean.s (23rd March 2019), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks

He was stopped in his tracks by the right...stopped.period. He tried like hell.

The Patriot act is another matter. If one starts from the point that Obama was one of the most principled individuals to ever hold office...I believe that.

He must have realized after becoming President and the attendant briefings that it was best to leave it in place to deal with the opposing mass screaming from the left to rid the country of it and the right's screaming that we must be kept safe. The only sane decision is to save lives. Thus the decision. Easy peezy

Obama's agenda was to carry on the agenda set down for him by the powers that be.

No doubt there is much truth to that. But, as I commented once upon a time..."Even a slave can be resistant!"

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018)

Thanks

Exactly, because no one gets to reside at the White House without their approval. The Orange Hair Dude™ on the other hand got in because of a cloaked coup d'état by the US oligarchs and (literally) the Mafia, which they carried out by manipulating the elections, most likely with help from their Russian oligarch counterparts — whom they stabbed in the back later and have been antagonizing again since.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), tarka the duck (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Granted, some of the placeholders are easier to abide than others, lol.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018), Wind (15th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Im often astounded how seemingly intelligent people still buy into the oppositions and dramas of politics and launch themselves with fervor at the new rulers as heroes.. then seem surprised when they have to admit that the hero turned out to be just like all the others before.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), GraceKB (15th April 2018), jcocks (16th April 2018), sean.s (23rd March 2019), Wind (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Im often astounded how seemingly intelligent people still buy into the oppositions and dramas of politics and launch themselves with fervor at the new rulers as heroes.. then seem surprised when they have to admit that the hero turned out to be just like all the others before.
    Nope...Careful examination is truly a requirement. Just sticking one's wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing will simply not do.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Elen (17th April 2018)