Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alt-world books you must have in your library:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You don't drink beer, Dumpy. But if you do, I recommend Heavy Seas and Brewers Art.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (9th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    You don't drink beer, Dumpy. But if you do, I recommend Heavy Seas and Brewers Art.
    Joe Six Packing is a state of mind...and yes, screaming and kicking as I “level up” with you granola-eating woo-woo wingnuts...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (9th April 2018), Elen (9th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Thought this library should appear here. It is accompanied by this montage... a must view

http://www.organism.earth

http://www.organism.earth/library/http://www.organism.earth/library/

If you’ve found your way to The Library, you may be one of the inquisitive consciousnesses who wants to know more about this reality which you are subjectively experiencing. This information node serves as a backup repository of the insights of (some) observers who have tried to tackle this fascinating topic, and other peripheral documents that hopefully make the core ideas easier to understand.

This enormous task began in 2016, and it will take a long time to amass enough material to provide an unbiased viewpoint (I know I won’t live to see it), so it’s really only intended to be an unstable stepping stone to get you started. New documents will be added over time when they’re discovered and their value has been verified. This is a lenghty process, so I do ask for your patience regarding updates to the database.

The information contained within this pool of knowledge is incredibly interesting and worth preserving, but it certainly doesn’t represent all of reality. (How could it? I’d have to include everything!) Some day, someone else will undoubtedly make a better, more comprehensive version; for now, this will do.

If you would like to suggest new documents and viewpoints for inclusion in The Library or submit a correction (spelling, factual data, etc.) please message CuratorOfTheLibrary on Reddit. I shouldn't be the only one picking out the material, so please let me know what I'm missing.

Wherever you find yourself in this existence, peace and love be with you!

P.S.: This website is not a business. It’s a labor of love.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th April 2018), Elen (11th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), modwiz (11th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    ...I’m thinking about a separate thread with just book reviews of books I’ve read.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), enjoy being (13th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Ok, I’m building a library of alt-world books and I wanted to start a thread of the books TOT folks think are “must have”. As I’m kind of a newbie, I thought I’d throw it open to what books you folks think I need to have.
    What subjects in the alt world are you interested in?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), enjoy being (13th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by GraceKB View Post
    What subjects in the alt world are you interested in?
    Everything.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), enjoy being (13th April 2018), GraceKB (12th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Everything.
    Lol, yeah, that really narrows it down.

Here's one you might like and I'm not being a smartass. Chris Knowles is entertaining and an awesome dot connecter. If you like magic/occult.

https://www.amazon.com/Our-Gods-Wear.../dp/1578634067

I think there's a free pdf now so check before you buy it.

Here's his blog

https://secretsun.blogspot.com/

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th April 2018), enjoy being (13th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Okay here's a challenging one. Seeing you say, things come in strange packages.
    I made short mention of it before while describing a notion of "In the beginning there was creative potential..."

The challenge is many fold... It is a translation from Russian. It is a channelling. It tries to sell you a magical pendant at the very end. And it is quite complicated in its intricacies over the course of its entirety. Ah, must also add..and it talks about the 'luminous body'..

..Yet I do still find myself referring in my head, back to some of the concepts offered up within the pages, even a decade or so after having read it.
    It is not really a religious book like the cover might suggest.
    The Holy Knowledge by Ljubisa Stojanovic, Ph. D.

Anyway I am sure that will be entertaining for a while. Along the way of finding a copy to post, I also found the following library page.
    http://www.lovepeaceandharmony.org/g...3A48093&page=3

I know it still isn't answering your original request for books that are must haves/reads.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 13th April 2018 at 00:50.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th April 2018), GraceKB (13th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "The Nature of Personal Reality" by Jane Roberts. A Seth book.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th April 2018), enjoy being (13th April 2018), GraceKB (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

This one was made for you Joe...oh, I mean Mr. Dumpster

lol...did I go too far...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I always confuse her work with Ruth Montgomery...truth be told, I think I missed Jane Roberts altogether in favor of Montgomery. Maybe not, though.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), GraceKB (13th April 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I always confuse her work with Ruth Montgomery...truth be told, I think I missed Jane Roberts altogether in favor of Montgomery. Maybe not, though.
    They are night and day different. Seth is deep reading and very thorough in taking one into and through our unseen reality. I recommended the book that changed my life, in a week, after a painful break-up of my first marriage. I was 22 then.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th April 2018), Kathy (2nd June 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    It's never too late...I'll try it...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Kathy (2nd June 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    That is a super dooper keeper book. It is just such deep thunking no matter where it arose. But I find it disconcerting that Jane Roberst had severe physical difficulties. To me that is representative of an old paradigm of suffering. Speaking of suffering and redemptive features, One of the most touching books for me was
    "The Education of Little Tree".

Forrest Carter I think was a bitter man but there is a sweetness and lovingness in this book and its loss may have been why he felt sour?

Here is a quote from an article about Carter.

He says fans of The Education of Little Tree should have known that it wasn't what it appeared to be. For one thing, the Cherokee words that Forrest Carter used in the memoir weren't Cherokee — they were just made up.

"Most people who loved the book couldn't imagine that a former Klansman, racist, anti-Semite could have written The Education of Little Tree," Dan Carter says. But the genius of the book is that people took what they wanted out of it.
    In CHANNELING, if the channeling (what we are receiving) is high level, and what i mean is broader and larger than local contexts, there is reconciliation and direction to healing. The biggest reconciliation is in our own psyche. I cannot help but FEEL and think that suffering is unreconciled differences within. It is being pulled in more than one direction. Then paradox is needed and inner peace and it LOOKS like Carter was working to inner coherency and wrote a beautiful fictional take of wisdom CHANNELED through his life.

In the early 1990s, The Education of Little Tree became a publishing phenomenon. It told the story of an orphan growing up and learning the wisdom of his Native American ancestors, Cherokee Texan author Forrest Carter's purported autobiography.

The book was originally published in 1976 to little fanfare and modest sales, but in the late 1980s, the University of New Mexico Press reissued it in paperback — and it exploded. By 1991, it reached the top of The New York Times nonfiction best-seller list. It was sold around the world, praised by Oprah Winfrey and made into a Hollywood film.

The Education of Little Tree would go on to sell more than 1 million copies. But the book and its author were not what they seemed.

Meet Asa Earl Carter

Three decades earlier, in Alabama, Asa Earl Carter was a Ku Klux Klan organizer, a rabid segregationist and a talk show host who expounded on the dangers of integration. In 1963, he drafted an inaugural address for Alabama Gov. George Wallace that would become one of the most notorious speeches of the civil rights era.

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth," Wallace said, "I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!"

Wallace's words came from Carter's pen, but as the decade progressed, Carter turned against Wallace. According to Tom Turnipseed, Wallace's national campaign manager, Carter felt that Wallace had gone soft on the issue of segregation. By 1970, Turnipseed says, Carter's ideas had become "too extreme" and Wallace pushed him aside.

Alabama reporter Wayne Greenhaw covered Wallace's 1971 inauguration. Before he died last year, Greenshaw said he found Carter behind the Capitol after his speech. "He started crying," Greenhaw said. "He said that Wallace had sold out to the liberals."

Then Carter got up, turned around and bid Greenhaw farewell. "And that was the last time I ever saw Asa Carter," Greenhaw said. "It's like he just vanished, dropped off the face of the earth."

Ron Taylor was a close friend of Asa Carter's. He remembers Carter calling him one day to say he was going away. "He just pulled up out of the Choccolocco Valley, tanned himself up, grew a mustache, lost about 20 pounds," Taylor says, "and became Forrest Carter."

Forrest Carter's Western adventure novel Gone to Texas tells the fictional story of Josey Wales, an outlaw-to-be who loses his family and goes on to become the most wanted man in Texas.

And then Forrest Carter became a novelist. Through the 1970s, he published four books: Gone to Texas (later made into the Clint Eastwood western The Outlaw Josey Wales), The Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales, The Education of Little Tree and Watch for Me on the Mountain.

Chuck and Betty Weeth were running a bookstore in Abilene, Texas, when, in 1975, Forrest Carter walked in and introduced himself. He was dressed in jeans and a cowboy hat, had a dark complexion and told the couple that he was Cherokee and had been raised by his grandparents in a Tennessee cabin. "I liked him from the start," Chuck Weeth says.

That same year, author Forrest Carter appeared on The Today Show, where he was interviewed by Barbara Walters. "She'd ask him questions and he'd mumble these answers," Greenhaw said. "He said he wrangled horses and, when he was in Oklahoma, he was the storyteller to the Cherokee Nation."

Ron Taylor says when he saw the interview, "I literally got down on the floor laughing. Asa's on TV! He had pulled it. He had fooled them."

"I was bumfuzzled," Greenhaw said of his own reaction to the broadcast, so the reporter decided to look into what Forrest — or Asa — was up to. He started calling around, interviewing people who knew Asa and after a few days, Forrest Carter got in touch.

Greenhaw said he had clear memories of the call: "He said, 'You don't want to hurt old Forrest, do you now?' And I said, 'Come off of it, Asa, I recognize that voice.' "

In 1976, Greenhaw published a New York Times article drawing the connection between Asa and Forrest Carter.

Readers Saw What They Wanted

Historian and George Wallace biographer Dan Carter (no relation) is working on a book about Asa. He says fans of The Education of Little Tree should have known that it wasn't what it appeared to be. For one thing, the Cherokee words that Forrest Carter used in the memoir weren't Cherokee — they were just made up.

"Most people who loved the book couldn't imagine that a former Klansman, racist, anti-Semite could have written The Education of Little Tree," Dan Carter says. But the genius of the book is that people took what they wanted out of it.

"One way you look at it, it's a tree-hugger book," Taylor says. "But the other way, it's a right-wing, government-leave-me-alone book. That's how I took it."

Almost four decades after they first met Forrest Carter, Chuck and Betty Weeth remain perplexed that the man they knew — the man they considered a friend — had a dramatically different past. "I didn't like Asa Carter," Chuck Weeth says, "but I did like Forrest Carter."

Forrest Carter died in 1979 in Abilene. He was buried in Alabama, where today his tombstone still reads, "Asa Earl Carter."

Produced for All Things Considered by Joe Richman and Samara Freemark of Radio Diaries with consulting editors Deborah George and Ben Shapiro. Special thanks to the producers of the documentary The Reconstruction of Asa Carter, which is airing on PBS stations through April.https://www.npr.org/2012/04/20/15103...sa-earl-carter
    Last edited by Maggie, 13th April 2018 at 02:29.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th April 2018), GraceKB (13th April 2018), Kathy (2nd June 2018), modwiz (13th April 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by GraceKB View Post
    Lol, yeah, that really narrows it down.

Here's one you might like and I'm not being a smartass. Chris Knowles is entertaining and an awesome dot connecter. If you like magic/occult.

https://www.amazon.com/Our-Gods-Wear.../dp/1578634067

I think there's a free pdf now so check before you buy it.

Here's his blog

https://secretsun.blogspot.com/
    Cool, this hits me right in the Batcave...but I do think there is a lot to it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th April 2018), Dreamtimer (13th April 2018), GraceKB (13th April 2018), Kathy (2nd June 2018), palooka's revenge (14th April 2018)