Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bills Pain Body Thread, All Welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Bill is no fool and I cannot imagine Bill not having an exit strategy.
    I'm sure he's thinking about one, but I'm not so sure yet that he has one. Believe me, Bill and his team are feeling very troubled by this takeover of the alternative community by the political bigots. The bigots' behavior is becoming increasingly more subhuman by the day, and Bill is well aware of this, as well as of the fact that the bigotry is making Project Avalon look bad to visitors.

The amount of Project Avalon members who are into that bigoted stuff is only a small fraction of the total amount of active members, but the bigots' activity is so intense that it constantly keeps those QAnonsense™ threads at the top of the list of active threads and new posts. That's not good for the forum, and it also has repercussions on the alternative community at large, because it gives the impression that the alternative community and the alt-right are now one and the same thing.

However, see my post here on the Mac n Mic n Spat thread. If Bill kicks the bigots off of Project Avalon, then it's only going to cause even more damage to Project Avalon as a forum ─ never underestimate an angry mob ─ and then the bigots will have won, because then they'd be "the martyrs of censorship".

We've seen for ourselves how that works, and what we've had to deal with over here at The One Truth was only peanuts compared to what Bill and his team are facing over at Project Avalon right now. We were dealing with no more than two bigots at the same time, while Bill and his team are dealing with dozens of them.

And if Bill doesn't kick them off, then that venom is going to keep on festering and spreading like a metastatic cancer, and it'll eventually wash over from the members-only section into the publicly visible threads again ─ because these people are fanatics and the QAnonsense™ is all they can think of anymore ─ unless the mods are able to suppress the expansion and contain the infestation to those members-only threads.

But in order to be able to do that, Bill's going to need a much bigger mod team than he has now, considering the circumference of Project Avalon, both in terms of the active member base and the amount of threads they have over there. And good moderators are hard to find. The very fact that three of Bill's now past staff members were involved in damaging his forum from the inside out in Bill's absence proves that.

Besides, we've had some bad moderators here in the past as well. Not our current mod room population, though. They're all little angels.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Kathy (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I'm going to offer up a different angle to "Look" at things like handlers, gate keeper, and spheres of influence. A much more expansive and nuanced angle, and also from a more esoteric approach when necessary.

First off, I don't think a handler need be some some official looking dude in a black suit issuing orders, it can just as easily be someone that you "happen" to know, of whose thoughts and opinions you hold in very high regard. What if just so happen to really admire this person (or even a very special group of people), and it seems logical to you to model some of your own thoughts, ideas and actions after them?

What if this person is indeed a true friend, but also something else that is just out of view? I'm just asking the questions here, the "what ifs" so to speak. What if also, this highly regarded person/persons also had very well ties to Intelligence agencies, would it not be possible that such a person could also be gently steering their admiring friend in some certain direction without the admiring friend even realizing this is happening?

What about a gate keeper? Is a gate keeper necessarily this same black suited guy sitting in a smoke filled room behind a big desk at CIA headquarters stamping things "Yay" for release, or "Nay"? Or could it be the nicest, most laid back person you could ever hope to meet, who you maybe even have a few drinks with after work every now and then and do some backslapping, but he also happens to be your editor at the major newspaper you work at?

Or what if he's a talent scout for the music industry? Maybe he looks like Johnny Fever from WKRP In Cincinnati, who knows just what new new thing needs to look like.

What about spheres of influence? This Alternative Community is tiny, but lookie how it's breaking through into mainstream in different areas. What if certain influences are using it as a beta test for higher aims of endeavor? Why couldn't The Project be a micro beta for the macro beta?

Whether it be certain narratives on ufo's, alien life, how to steer people, how to blow a tight knit community apart at the seams by introducing controversial characters, or what have you. Again it doesn't have to be intentional, it can just as easily be simply the right player in the right spot to unknowingly support a greater task.

And lastly, the esoteric angle. Who's to say that money and numbers are the sole value of a comparatively tiny venue with a much higher than normal average of people with psychic abilities and such. What if THAT, were of some immeasurable value in the influential esoteric reals same as personal data here in our every day realm? Value can have drastically different definitions. What if that can be harnessed in much the same way we casually talk about loosh?

Think about the original circumstances of Bill first appearing on the scene. He didn't go to the Serpo bedtime story, the Serpo bedtime story (precursor of Charles) just fell into his lap in a private email group he was in that was chock full of a lot of people in very high places, from many different walks of life, including spooks of whom many I'm sure he either calls friend to this day, or is still in casual contact with from time to time. I would have to imagine some we already know the name of like Team of Five members Rick Doty, Kit Green and Hal Puthoff.

So going back to where we began, the sphere of possible influence IS, THERE, which means the possibility of my handler scenario IS at least there, and in place.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Bob (8th July 2019), Chester (8th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), modwiz (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    That's why I like it here...

TOT appears relatively mind virus free considering all the various forms of manifestation of such viruses.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), modwiz (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    TOT appears relatively mind virus free considering all the various forms of manifestation of such viruses.
    It could be compared to a beautiful bonsai tree. It has required a lot of pruning and the outcome surely is worth it. It is pleasant for the eyes and pleasant for the senses. There is still sanity and not much if any chaos to be found here. I could say that Aragorn has done a marvelous job keeping this place not only up and running, but also clean from any nastiness. He is the master "gardener". Moderators like me hardly even have to do anything, partly thanks to the fact that there aren't troublemakers here, because when there were they were dealt with swiftly and justly. The only problem is that people are addicted to drama and entertainment and when that kind of thing isn't offered here then people go to other avenues, even if the topics themselves may be very toxic and full of nonsense.

I can also vouch for the fact that Aragorn has the patience of a saint and often he has given people the second chance when I would have thought that it's just not worth it. Why don't people cut him any slack? All angles are always considered here.
    Last edited by Wind, 8th July 2019 at 21:01.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (9th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    That's why I wrote the comment following the statement in brackets about needing a smiley...

...the comment was meant sarcastically. I am already on the record as stating my opinion is that Bill isn't "handleable." ie. Bill is Bill's handler. ie. Bill is "his own man." (to use a dangerous phrase for these lovely times)

I am pretty certain Bill could get well over a million USD (as long as he remains as the primary participant) as the buyers don't just buy because of a social media platform's current state and current funding model. The brand alone has significant value. Bill is also a critical value to a buyer and thus the deal would have him sign a contract where he continues in contractually specified capacities. Perhaps, too, the payout could be drawn out to ensure he fulfills those obligations as per contract.

Anonymous? Forgive me bro, but where have you been these last several years? Nothing is anonymous. All but a tiny .0001% of "relevant to the PTBs" live a completely anonymous life. Those that try to do things like Neo in the matrix are always figured out to be Mr. Anderson in real life. The software driven profiling techniques are able to narrow down an individual attempting to remain "anonymous" where you can be matched up with your Mr. Anderson side of your being. I chuckle at all the "private VPN" stuff being sold to folks who think they are safe from being identified.

Project Avalon is the leading forum in the English speaking world of its genre. Any forum after PA in this same genre would have far less value.

Bill is no fool and I cannot imagine Bill not having an exit strategy.
    Great thinking Sammy, but would Bill and his pain body take the easy road plus selling out people ?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    It could be compared to a beautiful bonsai tree. It has required a lot of pruning and the outcome surely is worth it. It is pleasant for the eyes and pleasant for the senses. There is still sanity and not much if any chaos to be found here. I could say that Aragorn has done a marvelous job keeping this place not only up and running, but also clean from any nastiness. He is the master "gardener". Moderators like me hardly even have to do anything, partly thanks to the fact that there aren't troublemakers here, because when there were they were dealt with swiftly and justly. The only problem is that people are addicted to drama and entertainment and when that kind of thing isn't offered here then people go to other avenues, even if the topics themselves may be very toxic and full of nonsense.

I can also vouch for the fact that Aragorn has the patience of a saint and often he has given people the second chance when I would have thought that it's just not worth it. Why don't people cut him any slack? All angles are always considered here.
    I guess it was necessary to avoid a toxic atmosphere, but the flip side of that is the very low number of regular posters. It really is only about a dozen people, including staff...

Still, things seem to be improving lately and perhaps we'll see an uptick of new members and regular posters. My own interest is in spirituality and not so much in politics and current affairs, which means I often don't feel motivated to post here, though I do check in every day. I just wish there were more discussions of a spiritual nature here, in that regard, Shadowself's absence is really being felt.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Fred Steeves (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (9th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Great thinking Sammy, but would Bill and his pain body take the easy road plus selling out people ?
    In my opinion, no, Bill wouldn't sell out anyone. After having extensively spoken with both Bill and his moderators, I think he'll go through quite a lot of trouble to find the best solution for everyone, just as we do here at The One Truth as well.

The mod room here is like a think tank. It's not just about moving threads or posts, or doing the technical stuff. We discuss lots of things, both regarding the forum itself and regarding things from outside of the forum. And everyone brings their share of information and considerations to the table, so that in the end, we can come up with the right approach to whatever it is that we're dealing with.

It is my understanding that Bill and his mods maintain a similar approach.

Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I guess it was necessary to avoid a toxic atmosphere, but the flip side of that is the very low number of regular posters. It really is only about a dozen people, including staff...

Still, things seem to be improving lately and perhaps we'll see an uptick of new members and regular posters. My own interest is in spirituality and not so much in politics and current affairs, which means I often don't feel motivated to post here, though I do check in every day. I just wish there were more discussions of a spiritual nature here, in that regard, Shadowself's absence is really being felt.
    Brook was a remarkable woman, knowledgeable about so many different things, and a thorough researcher. She also had a great sense of humor and she had a big heart. She was a brave warrior.

The day of her passing was very dark and very sad, and her absence will always be felt.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Chris (8th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2019), Fred Steeves (8th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (9th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    My simple self wants to add a couple of quick thoughts...let's call them 'perceptions'

Trump brought 'conspiracy', 'Russia is great', 'far right indignation'...A whole host of things into the mainstream. Aragorn swears things have gotten scary far alt-right and bigoted. I'll take his word for it despite that I found it far-right and bigoted 8 years ago. The loudest voices were always propagandists, putting up ream after ream of empty-headed nonsense which within the incipient madness was taking firm hold. Trump has just made it really cool to be a substandard human being because he is a 'strong' man. Gawd! I think he must have been stupped by his father every night of his life.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (8th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (8th July 2019)

Thanks
    LOL nope MSM n news brought those things, that narrative, those lies imo.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Chester (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I think if Bill had an exit strategy, the legacy of PA and the membership of PA would be equal if not greater in importance than how he would personally make out as far as retirement security goes. In addition, PA is surely providing spiritual, emotional and certainly, mentally stimulating "currency" (to use a metaphor) for Bill and I can't imagine otherwise. But also, Bill has to deal with the lowest manifestations of humanity sometimes where, at some point, at least from my own perspective, I may one day reach my fill.

Hey, I am an odds maker by trade and sometimes I get em wrong. Hell, I had the Rams last Superbowl +3 as well as straight up. And if someone had told me the Pats would only score 13 points I would have mortgaged everything I had and bet it all on the Rams. Sometimes you get 'em wrong. Still, my money would be on Bill having an exit strategy and I couldn't blame him a bit.

As for selling people out, what's to sell out? What of anyone would be sold out? A new paradigm for PA, if that came about, would not be Bill selling out. Every member and lurker still has the free right to remain a member or lurker. If any selling out occurs, we sell out ourselves when we think we should have things to hide, entrust those things to others and then BAM, one day our sh!t is all over the streets. Whose fault is that?

And if Bill sells to a third party who then updates the terms and conditions, doesn't the responsibility still reside with the members and lurkers if they remain?
    Last edited by Chester, 9th July 2019 at 01:44.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019)

Thanks
    The huge amount of given by members energies over the years that ended up knowingly or un, thenspat upon ?.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th July 2019), Bob (9th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Elen (10th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts

EDIT ADDED: @Daozen - So much of your posts (but particularly the few above) coupled with what comes across as honest and with a humbleness in your expressions (as best as anyone can do, especially considering the circumstances) has moved me in such a strong way I had to say, "Thanks." Truly, you and your posts are truly appreciated.

I hope folks are able to so each of us as works in progress. I ask this not pointing at others, but pointing at myself. I would not want to go through what others have (and I have before) in relation to these forums. Its why I disabled PMs and have chosen to remain an active member at only one forum of this nature, this one.
    Thanks for those words Sam. Your casual question magically triggered a medium-sized avalanche of feelings that I'd bottled up for a while. That long post actually took 3-4 hours to write, all told. But after writing it... I felt like I'd given my soul a complete spring clean. I might have a few things to say another time, but it's time to move on now.

Fred, I was going to write a post very similar to yours, regarding the ultra-casual nature of handlers/influencers. It can all be very informal and folksy, but the influence is still there. In 2015, I had a very senior bird-worshipper from the Cobra/Corey Goode stable get right under my skin. Our interaction was entirely on emails. The person in question was a black-belt, 10th dan crybully. The strongest control phrase that was ever uttered from his side... regarding a blogpost I had written... was that my post had... drum roll... "hurt his feelings". Ugh. Shudder. That was as overtly controlling as it got. Not much, right? But the guy held a quasi-magical sway over me for 6 months. This dude had 10-20 people in various stages of control.

There's a very interesting GLP thread about handlers. Not sure of TOT rules for cross posting other forum threads. Mods please advise.

Ainawa, if you want to see who the major influencers are at Avalon, you may want to check the Pray Peace/Todd and Nora thread that staff tried to launch in 2017 (IIRC). The fallout from that is very telling.

Best Wishes,
    Last edited by Daozen, 10th July 2019 at 10:50.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th July 2019), Aragorn (10th July 2019), Bob (10th July 2019), Chester (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (10th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2019), Fred Steeves (10th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (10th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Daozen View Post
    There's a very interesting GLP thread about handlers. Not sure of TOT rules for cross posting other forum threads. Mods please advise.
    We have no objections to that.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (10th July 2019), Daozen (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    My own interest is in spirituality and not so much in politics and current affairs, which means I often don't feel motivated to post here, though I do check in every day. I just wish there were more discussions of a spiritual nature here, in that regard, Shadowself's absence is really being felt.
    Things of a Spiritual nature are my primary interest as well Chris. There was a time, mostly back when I was still at The Project (ending September 2013) where that aspect of my existence was an open book. Along around 2015/16 however, through certain progressions it began to dawn on me that perhaps this was not such a hot idea, and that perhaps it would be prudent to start holding those cards closer to the vest.

A line from Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" comes to mind:

Relax,
    I'll need some information first,
    just the basic facts,
    can you show me where it hurts?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th July 2019), Chester (10th July 2019), Chris (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

Thanks
    I wonder where that elusive seamless line is drawn between "the handlings" (influences) of external forces and one's own personal responsibility as to the impact one allows such influences to have upon them?

And so what I am suggesting is that sometimes my innocence (could be called vulnerability) has played a role where I find myself in an uncomfortable position. Perhaps that's a learning opportunity? That's how I ended up viewing my experience with so many I met through (or learned of through) this community. For example, my experience with Corey. Not that anyone would recall, but when one of the waves of revolt happened to PA in January 2015, this coincided with Corey suddenly "switching" against PA and Bill. I happened to have embedded myself in a sub-group of Avalonians who were the ones who "left" and found that within this group was a feeling that "Corey was a good guy" and "Corey was telling the truth." And since I happened to live only 30 minutes from Corey and had established a cyber-Skype-relationship with Goode, I suggested we meet. And we did. After the meeting I was disturbed by my experience because there was just too much story changes I experienced in the meeting. In addition, when I innocently mentioned I was friends with Shane, I found myself (it only took 4 days from when we met) being given an ultimatum by Goode, "Either be my friend, or be friends with Shane but I won't be your friend if you choose to be friends with Shane." I was quickly able to identify Goode as having far lower ethics than he projected through his posts and the persona he wanted folks to believe he maintained on his websites.

I was crushed... for about 24 or 48 hours... then, relief started to enter the picture when I started to see the growth opportunity presented for myself in the situation. Still, though, I didn't learn enough as I began my venture with Shane which, at one point, entered a most dark stretch where I lost all those very "friends" I thought I had which were part of the Avalon revolt and which I had followed out the door. Interestingly enough, Shane and I talked most of it through but the Shaneolytes may still hate my guts to this day. Fortunately I no longer care for relationships such as that much less need them. Perhaps finally the lesson has been learned. Perhaps the handlers/influencers were and are good for me from the perspective of my own responsibility in how I deal with it all.

And all the above cannot be said without acknowledging my own form of "influencing" such as comes through in my posts. Such as I used to do in far more insidious ways via PM and back-channel communications. Not done with evil intent; done hoping to achieve agreement, perhaps sway another's view to become more in line with my own. Still... to influence and which sometimes may actually end up where "the other" is "handled" (in part because they allowed themselves to be)... isn't that something that socialized society can never fully avoid? Can we expect each other to all be 100% sovereign 100% of the time?
    Last edited by Chester, 10th July 2019 at 17:23.

It's just a ride

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th July 2019), Chris (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2019), Silly Wabbit (11th July 2019)