Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills Pain Body Thread, All Welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    But maybe the magic that many remember was never really there in the first place? Maybe it was all an illusion, just like in a magician's show?
    Perhaps, though it was very real for me.

Of course, this here is The One Truth, not Project Avalon, so I can only report on what I've experienced in my now four-year residence here, but I think that the people who've remained all this time ─ as well as some whose acquaintance we've only made more recently, but who also appear to want to stay ─ would be the people with the real magic. It may not be as spectacular as the magic once promised by the purveyors of make-believe ─ the years have brought about a very thorough distillation process that also washed away the glitter ─ but it's still a kind of magic nevertheless.
    Whatever magic (real or imaginary) was quite literally squandered by the owner/stewardship of Bill Ryan.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th June 2019), Aragorn (18th June 2019), Bob (22nd June 2019), Chris (18th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Fred Steeves (18th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Whatever magic (real or imaginary) was quite literally squandered by the owner/stewardship of Bill Ryan.
    Well, Bill has certainly made his share of mistakes, and some of those were very grave mistakes too. That much is true, but I'm not going to be his judge. I've been there, I've done that, and I was chewed up and spat out because of it. Not because it was wrong ─ which it was ─ but because the people who were chewing me up and spitting me out over my criticisms of Bill Ryan were doing it for all the wrong reasons, and some of those very same people have all along been chewing up and spitting out several other people back at Project Avalon itself. It's what they do, and they're so full of prejudices ─ in many different ways ─ that they're still light-years removed from the level of spiritual maturity they believe to have attained already, not to mention that they would have attained genuine enlightenment.

Either way, Bill Ryan doesn't live in a vacuum. First and foremost, he's got moderators and administrators to help him run Project Avalon, and those moderators and administrators are fallible people too. Secondly, there's also the member base. As already referenced in the above paragraph, there are many people there who believe themselves to be without flaws, and whose only reason for their presence on that forum appears to be attacking other members and/or propagandizing and proselytizing whatever cause they support.

One of the people who so vocally chewed me up and spat me out over here at The One Truth for having criticized Bill Ryan ─ which, again, truly was a mistake I myself had been making all along ─ was himself recently temporarily banned from Project Avalon because of how he was hounding other members. But it wasn't the first time that he did that, and he is someone who will never apologize. So he was eventually temporarily banned ─ along with another person who's gone so far off the rails that even the GPS satellites can't find him anymore ─ but he had already been getting away with his bullying for a long time, and the mods let him.

Maybe they didn't know. Maybe they didn't care. Maybe they were siding up with him. But it was happening, and things like that do tend to drive people away from the forum. Even here in our little Shire, we've had people staying away because some other member was hounding them, in spite of our interventions as staff members ─ because we did and do intervene in situations like that. But this is a much smaller forum, and so it's also easier for us to spot a situation like that and to respond right away. Perhaps Project Avalon does not have that luxury, due to its circumference ─ I'm not making excuses for them, but I am saying it like it is. Either way, conflicts between members can and do drive members away.

In any case, there are many variables involved. The atmosphere of a forum is not just a matter of its management, but also of its member base. Again, Bill did make mistakes ─ and, I repeat, some of them were very grave mistakes ─ but he's not solely responsible for how things have evolved over at Project Avalon, and certainly not on account of the so-called alternative community at large.

It is one of the memes within this so-called alternative community that we are all co-creators. But that also means that we are all co-responsible. And the latter is something many people seem to forget ─ if they've even realized it in the first place.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th June 2019), Chris (18th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Gio (18th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts
    Speaking - Bills Pain Body ...

Re: The Impermanence of All Things

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th June 2019), Aragorn (18th June 2019), Chris (18th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Bright side is we may see some nice new faces , yes ?

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Bright side is we may see some nice new faces , yes ?
    That possibility exists, but then that still doesn't mean that they'd be sticking around. More often than not, such people are merely using The One Truth as a stopgap, until the smoke clears out above whatever bush was on fire over at Project Avalon. And then as soon as the bush fire's out, they leave us behind without any qualm and return to Project Avalon again, with all memory of our existence spontaneously wiped clean from their brain cells.

It's not a community, so much as that it is an audience looking for self-gratification ─ wherever they can get it. And that pisses me off. It annoys me. And so I should really have posted this on the Pissed and Annoyed thread. But then it wouldn't be a reply to you, unless I include a link to your post and mention that it is a reply to you.

Damn, that's too effing complicated, because I haven't even had breakfast yet and it's almost noon. And I'm hungry. And it's hot and sticky today. And I have to pee. So I think I'll just leave this post here, as a direct reply to you. And now I'm off to the kitchen, because I need some food in my stomach.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th June 2019), Chris (19th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    That possibility exists, but then that still doesn't mean that they'd be sticking around. More often than not, such people are merely using The One Truth as a stopgap, until the smoke clears out above whatever bush was on fire over at Project Avalon. And then as soon as the bush fire's out, they leave us behind without any qualm and return to Project Avalon again, with all memory of our existence spontaneously wiped clean from their brain cells.

It's not a community, so much as that it is an audience looking for self-gratification ─ wherever they can get it. And that pisses me off. It annoys me. And so I should really have posted this on the Pissed and Annoyed thread. But then it wouldn't be a reply to you, unless I include a link to your post and mention that it is a reply to you.

Damn, that's too effing complicated, because I haven't even had breakfast yet and it's almost noon. And I'm hungry. And it's hot and sticky today. And I have to pee. So I think I'll just leave this post here, as a direct reply to you. And now I'm off to the kitchen, because I need some food in my stomach.

Let's face it,

TOT is more of a fact-based forum with serious discussions, not to mention with a slight Left-wing twang, so it is closer to the typical readership of the Guardian in the UK for instance, whereas PA is more like Daily Mail meets Daily Express.

Whilst that may be commendable in itself, it doesn't necessarily sit well with your typical alternative community member. Most of the members that came in with a big bang and then left or were banned shortly thereafter were your typical Daily Mail/Daily Express reader.

For US members, those are like a combination of Fox News, Breitbart news and the National Inquirer. Lots of far-right propaganda, combined with fakes UFO stories, Yeti sightings and blonde women with big bosoms. Not the stuff of intellectual rigor, that's for sure.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Aragorn (19th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

OK OK...don't hold anything back Aragorn...let it all out!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Aragorn (19th June 2019), Chris (19th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    OK OK...don't hold anything back Aragorn...let it all out!
    I did. My bladder was very grateful.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Chris (19th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    ..with some Daily Caller mixed in?

Forums are for discussion and debate when folks know how.

They're not soapboxes, though people sometimes use them as such.

The lack of reply and/or consideration of ideas is a great indicator of motive. Folks who judge and don't want to discuss or debate should maybe start their own blog rather than abuse a forum.

I'm surprised at the emotional dynamic and I shouldn't be at all. It's human. I just expect more maturity than is often demonstrated.

Bill's post was interesting to me. I can't say I've never fallen. I fell a lot playing roller hockey. And I got bruises. But nothing sprained or broken.

The worst falls I've had were off of wet stairs and in a wet shower. Both potentially very dangerous. I escaped with pulls and bruises, but no serious injury.

And so I consider myself lucky and am being more careful/less careless.

The synchronicity of his fall and the fallout at Avalon are certainly interesting.

And there's a post from Kerry just up the page.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 19th June 2019 at 14:40.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Aragorn (19th June 2019), Chris (19th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Gio (19th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Thanks
    The collective pain body is happy n content atm , well fed indeed, Great time to watch for self sabotage atm, ask Bill where things are for him and likely answer, alls xlent lol.

This lull burst and consequences has been intense, micro I did a 3 day course, 11 to 12 hour days, finishing with dimensional brain surgery ( went extra well if your wondering ), lull ripples etc sunday especially and then all go, much incoming.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th June 2019), Dreamtimer (21st June 2019), Elen (29th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd June 2019), Gio (20th June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Thanks
    I feel that if Bill has a handler, atm he is being handled.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd June 2019), Gio (21st June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I feel that if Bill has a handler, atm he is being handled.
    Aren't we all being handled to some degree? In this case, Bill was betrayed by Jean-Marie. I don't know whether that qualifies as "being handled", but nobody lives in a vacuum. One's actions always have consequences. And in this case, Jean-Marie caused quite a stir, and she didn't waste any time either. Almost half of Bill's mods left, over something that (conveniently) went down while Bill was away from the keyboard for a few days. It's almost as if she was waiting for that moment.

Whatever happened, it did a lot of damage. Contained damage, but still. And in a way, it reminds me of how our former mods over here were stepping down one after the other because of the stress of the battle between Corey Goode and the Ruiner groupies. In the end, it was only Malc, myself and Brian Brainwash™ anymore, from a team of eight staff members only three months earlier. Even though The One Truth is a small forum compared to Project Avalon, running this place with only three people was very hard, and especially with Corey and the Ruiner groupies still running amok.

Bill may be in a bit of a dip right now, but he'll find a way. He's a survivor.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd June 2019), Elen (29th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019), Wind (22nd June 2019)

Thanks
    May Bill be blessed with all his hearts desires.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (29th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019), Wind (22nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    In this case, Bill was betrayed by Jean-Marie.

Bill may be in a bit of a dip right now, but he'll find a way. He's a survivor.
    I know right? This poor beacon of truth and integrity in the alt community, who in reality we should all be looking to as a guide for our way forward, has instead been besieged and betrayed by countless staff and members ever since he surfaced in 2006 with his *first* Project.

When will it ever end for him? It's almost like witnessing the trials and tribulations of a modern day Job from the Bible.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd June 2019), Gio (22nd June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I don't think Job asked for any of it or maybe he did but...Gawd, who knows!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th June 2019), Aragorn (22nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (29th June 2019), Kathy (23rd June 2019), Wind (22nd June 2019)