Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills Pain Body Thread, All Welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Dear oh dear, matters not Q real or Q fake, BPB is the topic, imo he was deeply triggered and fallout
    The Q phenomena is innately divisive. That's what is does.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2018), Aragorn (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (19th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Absolute rubbish imo, take sides and keep the Weres happy if you please.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (20th October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The Q phenomena is innately divisive. That's what is does.
    Absolute rubbish imo, take sides and keep the Weres happy if you please.
    How is pointing out that Caesar is strutting around town with no clothes taking sides, or pleasing Rome's hierarchy?
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 20th October 2018 at 10:28.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2018), Aragorn (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018)

Thanks
    It is not, in general , maybe

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Jesus Christ, the Arsch Licking that goes on over at the Kool Aid Stand has reached another level altogether.

Just read this comment about how awesome the Son of God is and everyone should be forever thankful to him, this, after they just drove several long-standing members away from that forum:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ts-from-Tintin

Of course they made sure to close the thread so no member can reply and point out how ridiculous and cultish this all is.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2018), Aragorn (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), Fred Steeves (20th October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Jesus Christ, the Arsch Licking that goes on over at the Kool Aid Stand has reached another level altogether.

Just read this comment about how awesome the Son of God is and everyone should be forever thankful to him, this, after they just drove several long-standing members away from that forum:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ts-from-Tintin

Of course they made sure to close the thread so no member can reply and point out how ridiculous and cultish this all is.

Well, I am not going to comment on anything you said here-above, nor on the content of Tintin's post, but he does bring up a good point on account of running a forum which I think deserves being addressed, namely that the members seldom know what's going on in the mod room and in the back-channels — by which I mean private messaging here at the forum and email exchanges off of the forum.

Over here at The One Truth, we've seen first-hand how easily members can jump to the wrong conclusions — Malc and I to a much greater extent than our other staff members, because only Malc and myself have remained from the staff that was on duty back in April 2015. All other staff members from that time have already long left, and — I've said this before — I was the only one of them who hadn't volunteered himself to become a moderator. I was recruited by explicit and somewhat insisting invitation.

The moderators who were hired before me or roughly together with me all stepped down again within a relatively short time after they had been hired — with the exception of bsbray, who was hired a few weeks after me as a replacement for two moderators who had already stepped down again quite early on. Even Church, who was the administrator when I was brought on board as a moderator, eventually stepped down from that role again after only about four months or so — he had also already been a staff member here in an earlier time, and then too he had stepped down after a while.

I myself was brought on board in a very turbulent time, smack in the middle of the battle between Corey Goode and the Ruiner groupies, with an additional drama plot going down on the side of it all. Former administrator 777 had decided to step down when Malc rehired Church as a super moderator, which is why Malc then made Church the administrator.

777 and Church were very different in their style of administering a forum. 777 did not agree with Malc's decision to bring Church back on the team, and so he resigned in protest. He then posted a thread that was very scathing toward Malc, and then he left the forum. 777 had a lot of friends here — most of whom had been members here since the very beginnings of The One Truth — and they all left the forum together, either on the same day, or on the day that followed.

We lost some 20 to 30 members that day, if I remember correctly. Some of those were actually very nice people — some were not — but due to 777 stepping down and leaving the forum, they had all suddenly become massively distrustful toward the staff, and toward Malc in particular. Ludicrous allegations and innuendos were posted all over the forum, suggesting or even claiming that we would be censoring free speech, that we would be reading members' private messages, and so on.

A lot of these people were former (or still active) Project Avalon members, and they had already developed a sense of paranoia on account of the staff at Project Avalon, so when they joined up here, they brought that paranoia with them to The One Truth. And the fact that we lost a number of recent posts on two occasions because we were forced to restore a backup that rolled back the forum to an earlier state wasn't exactly helping either.

We were receiving private messages with pompous insults, and a small group of members started an insurrection in the name of "civil disobedience", thereby spamming the forum and mass-messaging all members with a very carefully worded piece of neurolinguistic programming, in which it was stated that we were engaging in censorship and that we were exhibiting favoritism toward certain members.

Corey Goode for instance was accusing us of showing favoritism toward the Ruiner groupies — he even accused us of being Ruiner groupies ourselves on the day he left the forum — and the Ruiner groupies in turn were accusing us of favoritism toward Corey. You just couldn't win, and so among all that invective, in the end we ourselves as staff members were painted the bad guys.

And then this is all once again one of these manifestations of the Hegelian dialectic that I've been bringing up so often in recent times, i.e. the thesis, the antithesis and the synthesis. If we consider Corey Goode the thesis — because he was already a member here before Ria and Breeze started posting the Ruiner blog here — then Ria & Co would have been the antithesis. And they were both so caught up in their hate for each other that they couldn't see things for what they really were on account of our moderator action back in those days. They could only see things from their own and very narrow perspective, while we in the mod room saw things from a grander perspective — the synthesis — and so we could much better assess what was going on between them than either of them could.

The sad part of it all — both on account of 777's stepping down and the exodus of those longstanding and original members, and on account of the feud between Corey Goode and the Ruiner groupies — was that the atmosphere of general distrust toward the staff kept on spreading.

This is why I think that Tintin's post at Project Avalon is making an important point. The members in general don't know what's going on in the mod room — or how we often try settling disputes between members and/or work to help members solve personal problems by way of private messages — and they often fail to see the grander picture, because they don't have the same information as we do.

And it's not like we live in an ivory tower either. We do have the grander view from within the mod room, but we're also operating "on the ground", because for most part, we dwell among the members and partake in many discussions out here on the open forum. We can't (and won't) monitor each and every thread, but we try staying in touch with the community at large. Or that is to say, insofar as it still is a community, but that's a different topic.

As such, we tend to have a much better understanding of our member base than our member base has of us, notwithstanding the fact that we're pretty transparent in everything we do. But then again, there's always going to be somebody somewhere who for some reason doesn't like what we do, or what we are like as people. And jerks will always be jerks, I guess.

Anyway, I just felt like I needed to point that out, even though it doesn't have anything to do with Project Avalon or Bill Ryan.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2018), Kathy (19th June 2019), modwiz (20th October 2018), Wind (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Lol BPB is creating new energy here for us all, change change change yes ?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th October 2018), Chris (20th October 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Wow...

Well Tintin was a member for a whole year before being modded, so I reckon between that vast experience, combined with four months now up there in the fusion center, he's got his finger resting pretty well on the pulse of his surroundings. Time to be a boss!!!

Seriously though Tintin, if you ever catch wind of this post, I hope you snap out of that spell you're under one of these days.

That's from the heart brother.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 20th October 2018 at 22:25.

Socrates

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th June 2019), Aragorn (20th October 2018), Bob (22nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    [...]

Seriously though Tintin, if you ever catch wind of this post [...]
    Well, we do have a certain amount of Wind moving through both our own neck of the woods and the forest that La Casa de Señor Ryan was built in.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th June 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (23rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2018), modwiz (20th October 2018), Wind (21st October 2018)

Thanks
    This thread is szending me back in time lol.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th June 2019), Dreamtimer (16th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (17th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (16th June 2019)

Thanks
    Also interesting as a wee birdie said Bill is on pain body watch by his peers.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th June 2019), Dreamtimer (17th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (17th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th June 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Also interesting as a wee birdie said Bill is on pain body watch by his peers.
    Gosh man - Bill seems to have cleaned house over there...

Ilie unsubscribed and Paul retired (both of their administrators - wow)

and then a whole slew of mods gone...

Dennis – no longer a mod

Kristin - retired

Jean - unsubscribed

Chip - retired

Sierra - retired

Debra - retired

Usually when this happens, Bill has his reasons.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th June 2019), Aragorn (18th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (27th June 2019), Elen (18th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Wind (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Gosh man - Bill seems to have cleaned house over there...

Ilie unsubscribed and Paul retired (both of their administrators - wow)

and then a whole slew of mods gone...

Dennis – no longer a mod

Kristin - retired

Jean - unsubscribed

Chip - retired

Sierra - retired
    Sierra was also an administrator. She was a moderator for most of my own tenure at Project Avalon, but then she was promoted to administrator later because of her experience with database management.

Debra - retired
    Chip has stepped down, and according to Bill, he has also halted his monthly donations. I'm guessing Jean-Marie got to him.

Usually when this happens, Bill has his reasons.
    He most certainly does. From what I've been told by someone with a closer look on the matter, when Bill was absent from the forum and from the staff chat for a number of days, Jean-Marie instigated a hate campaign against Dennis Leahy with the help of Kristin, and managed to completely divide the staff team over there.

Jean-Marie is no stranger to this sort of intrigues. I have reliable information that she was already involved with some nastiness over at Project Avalon a long time ago, which included breaches of confidentiality and the twisting of information until it meant something completely different. Either the woman is mentally unstable and addicted to drama, or she's a deliberate agitator ─ by which I mean "a plant". I'm not paranoid enough to buy into the "government infiltration" hypothesis ─ if this were on distributed platforms like Twitter, Reddit or Facebook, then yes, but on an isolated forum, no, not likely ─ but I'll let Bill decide for himself on that. The woman was bad news anyway.

Tommy Hansen, the administrator of Project Camelot's own forum, is now replacing Paul, leaving only him and Hervé as administrators anymore in addition to Bill. From the looks of things, the Project Avalon mod team has been severely decimated. But then again, this sort of thing has happened before, and I think Bill will find a way to repair the situation eventually. There are plenty of good people over at Project Avalon, and some of them might be willing to step up as moderators if invited to do so. I only hope that Bill chooses wisely, for his own sake.

Ilie's departure was some time ago, though, and it had nothing to do with the recent events. As I gather, that affair was related to Inelia Benz. I don't know the finer details of why Ilie left, but what I do know is that he deleted his account from the database on his way out, which makes it impossible to still search for his posts ─ the posts of deleted accounts are all grouped together under a fallback "Guest" entry in the database, and they are still visible, but you cannot run a search on the poster name anymore. I don't know why Ilie did that, but that's what he did.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th June 2019), Chester (18th June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (18th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Gio (18th June 2019), Wind (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking

The roots of all this drama go back a ways to the end of 2013 (from my observations).

Many will sadly never realize the true dynamics of this once vibrant community ...

Participants have come and gone and with them that mysterious magic that once was

Avalon ...

AFTER THE LOVE HAS GONE

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2019), Bob (22nd June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    The roots of all this drama go back a ways to the end of 2013 (from my observations).

Many will sadly never realize the true dynamics of this once vibrant community ...

Participants have come and gone and with them that mysterious magic that once was
    But maybe the magic that many remember was never really there in the first place? Maybe it was all an illusion, just like in a magician's show?

Of course, this here is The One Truth, not Project Avalon, so I can only report on what I've experienced in my now four-year residence here, but I think that the people who've remained all this time ─ as well as some whose acquaintance we've only made more recently, but who also appear to want to stay ─ would be the people with the real magic. It may not be as spectacular as the magic once promised by the purveyors of make-believe ─ the years have brought about a very thorough distillation process that also washed away the glitter ─ but it's still a kind of magic nevertheless.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Bob (22nd June 2019), Dumpster Diver (28th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Gio (18th June 2019), Kathy (19th June 2019)