Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: The Use of Crisis Actors

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    There are many people calling for many Amendments to be removed or overturned.

Do we hold one above the others? Some do, no doubt. The same people who are so worked up over the Second say they want to repeal several others. What's with the picking and choosing? Maybe I can pick and choose which laws I obey.

How is the "Second Amendment protecting the First" when someone's gun is in my face? Not feeling free to speak then, ya know?

I remember Joe Six-pack. He was a big fan of Sarah Palin. A woman who quit the Governorship because the media heat was too much. That's what my conservative friends told me. They hated the media for it.

And then she went to work for the media.

I remember Joe Six-Pack yelling, "Liar!" to Obama. He was a hero. He was beloved.

And now the Prez is a pathological liar and...Whatever.

So if you're on the right team... And if you're not...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), enjoy being (30th March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread and wanted to add that I never heard any of the kids from Parkland mention repealing the 2nd amendment or taking anyone's guns away. Imo people are blowing things out of proportion which is typical, unfortunately. I heard them talk about gun safety. How is that a threat to gun owners? It's not. I think it's a lot of hype and you have to ask, cui bono? As always, the NRA.

I also don't think Fetzer has any credibility at all. According to him, nobody died at Sandy Hook, Boston, Vegas or Parkland. Even Rense told him to take a hike.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Aragorn (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), enjoy being (30th March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Too right GraceKB. As an outsider that is what I notice too. Folk in the USA go off half cocked and get trigger happy over the mention of guns in the same sentence as safety or anything sounding official.
    Regardless of the genuine concerns via the matters at hand, that part of it is one constant to be noted.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), GraceKB (30th March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    From a couple days ago:

It’s understandable that Justice John Paul Stevens would call for repeal of the Second Amendment, as he did Tuesday in an op-ed article in the New York Times, in the aftermath of the U.S. Supreme Court’s misinterpretation of it to protect some gun sales.

I have great respect for Justice Stevens, and what’s more I agree with him that the Heller case was wrongly decided by the court in 2008. But it would actually be a terrible idea to attempt a repeal of the Second Amendment just because the Supreme Court got it wrong. Experience shows that the Constitution is weakened if we respond to bad Supreme Court precedent by trying to amend it right away.
    The most recent, telling example is the case of Texas v. Johnson. In that 1989 decision, the justices found a First Amendment right to burn the U.S. flag as a matter of symbolic free expression. In response, a serious national movement emerged to amend the First Amendment to exclude the flag from free-speech protection.

In principle, the proposed flag-burning amendment made a certain amount of sense. The flag is a special symbolic aspect of our public life. Men and women of the military really do fight and die for it. The proposed amendment would not have been a major reduction in freedom of expression; it would have been restricted to the flag itself. It would have been plausible to pass it.

Yet the flag-burning amendment was a very bad idea — not because of its content but because what it would have meant to pass it. The First Amendment, like the rest of the Bill of Rights, has been around since 1791 without alteration. That very antiquity strengthens its protections — all of them. Opening the Pandora’s box of changing our fundamental rights because of a Supreme Court decision we don’t like threatens the very structure of the Bill of Rights itself.

If you believe that the Supreme Court has the legitimate authority to find the constitutional rights to abortion, gay marriage and freedom to burn the flag, then you had better acknowledge that the court also has the legitimacy to expand the Second Amendment — even if you disagree with that judgment.
    To be sure, it’s logically possible to think that the justices have the authority to decide the Heller case, which overturned restrictions on handguns in the District of Columbia, but that their judgement should be overturned by an amendment. But logic alone misses the reality that calling for the amendment of the Constitution in response to judicial overreach weakens judicial legitimacy itself.

I'm guessing Joe Six-Pack thought that Flag Burning Amendment was a fine thing.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    @Dreamtimer:

At risk of sounding like a Scientologist (whether free zone or other), you are presently thinking and responding via your reactive mind. Do the very basic research I suggested without wearing the team jersey.

I can point you to 2 other forums where I have recently argued (defacto) on behalf of your team concerning these general current events. Would that be more palatable?

If that *would* be more palatable, then you need to ask yourself why?

LOL - #NOMORETEAMJERSEYS

EDIT: In other words - #NOMORETEAMBLINDERS
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 30th March 2018 at 23:49.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Too right GraceKB. As an outsider that is what I notice too. Folk in the USA go off half cocked and get trigger happy over the mention of guns in the same sentence as safety or anything sounding official.
    Regardless of the genuine concerns via the matters at hand, that part of it is one constant to be noted.
    Yep, gun control and gay marriage were always used to keep us at each others throats. Gay marriage doesn't have the auto response that it used to have but guns still do. You'd think that now that so many claim to be "awake" they would figure it out but I don't see that. In fact, I think we're more divided than ever.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Welcome Grace KB, many not playing the separation game anymore nowadays though, more the silliness the more people finally start to question themselves, sillier the better imo.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), GraceKB (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Welcome Grace KB, many not playing the separation game anymore nowadays though, more the silliness the more people finally start to question themselves, sillier the better imo.
    Thank you, Aianawa! I hope you're right.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2018), Aragorn (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by GraceKB View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread and wanted to add that I never heard any of the kids from Parkland mention repealing the 2nd amendment or taking anyone's guns away. Imo people are blowing things out of proportion which is typical, unfortunately. I heard them talk about gun safety. How is that a threat to gun owners? It's not. I think it's a lot of hype and you have to ask, cui bono? As always, the NRA.

I also don't think Fetzer has any credibility at all. According to him, nobody died at Sandy Hook, Boston, Vegas or Parkland. Even Rense told him to take a hike.
    It occurred to me that the absolute intransigence of the no common sense gun control folks will bring about their own demise. It has been this way since time immemorial. Refuse to move until the wheels of progress grind you into the dirt. That isn't a fitting end even for idiots, fools, and paranoids.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    @Dreamtimer:

At risk of sounding like a Scientologist (whether free zone or other), you are presently thinking and responding via your reactive mind. Do the very basic research I suggested without wearing the team jersey.

I can point you to 2 other forums where I have recently argued (defacto) on behalf of your team concerning these general current events. Would that be more palatable?

If that *would* be more palatable, then you need to ask yourself why?

LOL - #NOMORETEAMJERSEYS

EDIT: In other words - #NOMORETEAMBLINDERS
    Fred, that is all nice and philosophical but it doesn't approach the level of programmed thinking taking place. The 2nd Amendment has been around for over 300 years. Plenty of time to worm its way into the bedrock of our consciousness. Mass killings of children is a much more recent phenomena. Which is subject to a more emotionally embedded response would you think?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), GraceKB (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Welcome Grace KB
    Thank you, Aianawa!
    Welcome, GraceKB!

Name:  welcome.jpeg
Views: 304
Size:  81.4 KB
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), GraceKB (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    What team jersey am I wearing Fred?

The questions I ask I've been asking my own team for years. The team I was raised by. The team my parents were so proud to be part of. This team doesn't want to answer these questions. It's the team that says it wants to protect the Constitution.

So I ask again, why only certain parts? Why protect the Second but leave the rest to whatever? It's never made any sense to me and I can tell you my parents didn't think it was smart to focus on just one part of the Constitution at all.

Why just the Second?

What team am I on when I ask that?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), palooka's revenge (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    It's a rhetorical question, btw, because it doesn't matter.

And it's a typical response in my experience. Rather than address the danger to upsetting the Constitution by screwing around with the Bill of Rights, I get comments about team blinders.

No surprise there. And it's not even about you, Fred. What you do is nothing new. I got a lifetime of experience with it.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), palooka's revenge (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Thank you, Aianawa! I hope you're right.
    Welcome GraceKB! Hope you enjoy it here.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st March 2018), Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), GraceKB (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (31st March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I think people are just genuinely looking for a solution. There comes a point in time when people get tired of the slaughter and they ask "what can we actually do"?

The other option would be just to resorting to nihilism and thinking that this is how America looks in it's current form, but that would be terribly sad to me.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018), GraceKB (31st March 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Why protect the Second but leave the rest to whatever?
    You are absolutely right.

There are other important issues.

You mentioned the money men before. In the United States the establishment of the Federal Reserve was a huge deception.

We have more than one issue we have to tackle.

No doubt about it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (31st March 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st March 2018)