Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Use of Crisis Actors

Thanks
    Thanked 43,178 Times in 11,953 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    His work.

I also don't think in terms of right and left.
    That means one of two things. You have been fooled or you are in denial... Sorry, I know that isn't a kind thing to say but it's true. Perhaps reframing the dichotomy would help. Authoritarians versus Humanitarians.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), GraceKB (7th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), tarka the duck (7th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Returning to the OP: the whole ‘theory’ of crisis actors being employed to act out mass shootings is pathetic in itself -
    but the really sick part of it is that people who have suffered great tragedy are harassed and put on trial on the web
    because a couple of bloggers went off the deep end after Sandy Hook, and that fire was then fed by the likes of
    Alex Jones and James Tracy.

Seriously folks - what is wrong with people? The persecution goes far beyond sad bedroom-dwellers with too much time
    on their hands: media ‘personalities’ and Republican politicians have joined in. Bill Mitchell, Laura Ingraham, Sara Rumpf,
    Steve King, Leslie Gibson et al are supposed to be grown ups and yet they are making ad hominem attacks on kids
    decades younger than them! Is this behaviour right and proper? Is it appropriate that adults to vilify kids like this in public?

Of course, the detractors don’t even pretend to focus on the actual issues, but mock the appearance, intelligence and
    sexual orientation of these young people. Such aggressive rhetoric - particularly from anyone who is supporting the right
    to bear arms - doesn’t bode well for anyone.

The only positive thing I can find in this behaviour is that it’s a result of powerful groups feeling threatened by the passion
    and commitment of the Never Again movement - that fear is why people feel the need to stoop so low. Witnessing the terror
    the NRA cronies exhibit is invigorating. Their attempts to demonise the young people who are standing against their agenda
    are transparent and juvenile, and smack of desperation.

Look at history: young activists have sparked social change in countries around the world. They have passion and moral credibility
    that is lacking in the establishment, and that terrifies bodies such as the NRA.

When the massacre of children is dismissed as a hoax, you know there is something deeply wrong.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    On the right hand side in the grey bar underneath every post, you will see an icon that looks like double quotes with a plus sign next to them — like this: "+. Click that button on every post that you wish to quote in your reply, except for the last one that you want to reply to. Then, on that last post, click "Reply With Quote", and then all the other posts will be quoted in your reply.

I also advise to always click the "Go Advanced" button. Not only does it give you a far more elaborate toolbar, but it also gives you a preview of your post, and you can refresh that again any time before submitting the post by pressing the "Preview Post" button. That way, you also don't have to edit your post anymore after already having submitted it, because you'll be able to edit it to your heart's content before you submit it.

Lastly, be sure to also check out our Forum & Technical Q&A section. There's a lot of useful stuff in there — including a Sandbox Thread where you can practise your posting skills — as well as in the Staff Announcements section.

If you have any more questions, then feel free to contact the staff — preferably by way of a private message, because not all staff members are looking at every thread on the forum, and therefore anything posted on an open thread but addressed at the staff can easily get missed.

Hope this helps.
    I did not know that Thank you!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2018), GraceKB (7th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), Wind (7th April 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by tarka the duck View Post
    Returning to the OP: the whole ‘theory’ of crisis actors being employed to act out mass shootings is pathetic in itself -
    but the really sick part of it is that people who have suffered great tragedy are harassed and put on trial on the web
    because a couple of bloggers went off the deep end after Sandy Hook, and that fire was then fed by the likes of
    Alex Jones and James Tracy.

Seriously folks - what is wrong with people? The persecution goes far beyond sad bedroom-dwellers with too much time
    on their hands: media ‘personalities’ and Republican politicians have joined in. Bill Mitchell, Laura Ingraham, Sara Rumpf,
    Steve King, Leslie Gibson et al are supposed to be grown ups and yet they are making ad hominem attacks on kids
    decades younger than them! Is this behaviour right and proper? Is it appropriate that adults to vilify kids like this in public?

Of course, the detractors don’t even pretend to focus on the actual issues, but mock the appearance, intelligence and
    sexual orientation of these young people. Such aggressive rhetoric - particularly from anyone who is supporting the right
    to bear arms - doesn’t bode well for anyone.

The only positive thing I can find in this behaviour is that it’s a result of powerful groups feeling threatened by the passion
    and commitment of the Never Again movement - that fear is why people feel the need to stoop so low. Witnessing the terror
    the NRA cronies exhibit is invigorating. Their attempts to demonise the young people who are standing against their agenda
    are transparent and juvenile, and smack of desperation.

Look at history: young activists have sparked social change in countries around the world. They have passion and moral credibility
    that is lacking in the establishment, and that terrifies bodies such as the NRA.

When the massacre of children is dismissed as a hoax, you know there is something deeply wrong.
    So well put, tarka! I find these kids inspiring because of their determination as well as their insight. I can tell you that at 16, 17, 18 I didn't know or care that the NRA is the most powerful lobby in the US, or the implications of that.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), palooka's revenge (7th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I have a lifetime, well almost 35 adult years, of republicans telling me, “That’s the Right wing. That’s the fringe. They’ll Never take over.”

I got a lotta Joe Six Packs amongst my family/friends.

Guess they didn’t know what they were talking about.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,108 Times in 20,309 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I have a lifetime, well almost 35 adult years, of republicans telling me, “That’s the Right wing. That’s the fringe. They’ll Never take over.”

I got a lotta Joe Six Packs amongst my family/friends.

Guess they didn’t know what they were talking about.
    The problem sits much deeper than that. It's got nothing to do with the NRA, even — they are merely a symptom. The problem is the US political system, with only two officially recognized parties, and both of them are controlled by the corporate sector through donations and lobbies, as highlighted by Abby Martin — see my Empire Files thread on the subject.

Corporate control over the government is the textbook definition of fascism. There's no way around it.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2018), Kathy (8th April 2018), WantDisclosure (8th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Corporate control over the government is the textbook definition of fascism.
    And behind the corporate control is the Deep State, which also has control of the mainstream media.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    Corporate control over the government is the textbook definition of fascism. There's no way around it.
    And behind the corporate control is the Deep State, which also has control of the mainstream media.
    I would even go so far as to say that the Deep State and the corporate lobbies are one and the same. The USA has already long handed off a lot of its power to private corporations — from the Rothschild-owned Federal Reserve, all the way over to the military-industrial complex and even up to border patrol — and whoever holds any real power within (or behind the scenes of) the US government is almost automatically guaranteed to be on some corporation's payroll.

And the list is looooong...

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Elen (8th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), WantDisclosure (8th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    The USA has already long handed off a lot of its power to private corporations — from the Rothschild-owned Federal Reserve, all the way over to the military-industrial complex and even up to border patrol — and whoever holds any real power within (or behind the scenes of) the US government is almost automatically guaranteed to be on some corporation's payroll.
    Very true.

I remember how disturbed I was to learn about the use of contractors to torture people during one of the Iraq wars, and the fact that the Geneva Convention was thought not to apply to contractors.

I'm getting very upset right now thinking about it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    I remember how disturbed I was to learn about the use of contractors to torture people during one of the Iraq wars [...
    Yes, Academi, formerly known as Xe Services LLC, and before that under its original name, Blackwater. They're the most notorious ones, but there are several other such corporations still.

...] and the fact that the Geneva Convention was thought not to apply to contractors.
    That is one aspect of it, yes. The second aspect, which I deem of equal importance, is the fact that given that they're a private corporation, the US government can take itself off the hook on account of any responsibility in Academi/Xe/Blackwater's actions. "Hey, it's a private corporation, how can we possibly know what they're doing?"

As an aside, I don't know whether you are aware of this, but during the George W. Bush administration, Donald Rumsfeld systematically vetoed every single decision in NATO meetings as a form of extortion until NATO changed its internal rules.

Up until that point in time, NATO's internal regulations allowed for a NATO member state to be prosecuted on the charges of war crimes. The Bush administration was however knowingly committing war crimes in Iraq, and therefore Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld sought to have that clause removed from NATO's internal regulations. Given that Rumsfeld was vetoing every possible NATO decision until NATO complied, NATO saw no other choice but to yield.

I'm getting very upset right now thinking about it.
    And rightfully so. This is all very disconcerting. The sad part is that Joe Sixpack — see the discussion elsewhere — doesn't put two and two together, and doesn't hold his government accountable for these atrocities.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), WantDisclosure (8th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    And rightfully so. This is all very disconcerting. The sad part is that Joe Sixpack — see the discussion elsewhere — doesn't put two and two together, and doesn't hold his government accountable for these atrocities.
    Are you saying that if you were an American you would be in favor of amending the Constitution to remove the Second Amendment?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018)

Thanks
    Are you saying that if you were an American you would be in favor of amending the Constitution to remove the Second Amendment?
    No, I would not vote against the Second Amendment, but I would certainly support a number of safety measures to which I've already alluded elsewhere, namely...:

• All firearms — military, law enforcement and civilian alike — should have their serial numbers registered in a centralized database, whether they have been manufactured locally or whether they have been imported.

• Every sale, resale, donation or bequeathing of a firearm — whether by or to the military, law enforcement or civilians — must be reported and added to the record for that particular firearm in the database.

• In the event of the sale, resale, donation or inheritance of a firearm by and/or to civilians — I am now embracing the naive assumption that this type of screening would already be in effect in both the military and in law enforcement, even though I do have my doubts about that — should include a thorough psychological testing and a mandatory course on the safe operation and maintenance of the firearm in question. After passing the psychological test and having completed the course, the civilian in question will receive a license to own, and if applicable, to carry a firearm.

• All firearms sold to civilians should be kept in a safe, and out of reach for anyone not qualified to operate the firearm, such as children and/or people of poor mental stability.

To a typical US American gun owner, the above will seem harsh, but my suggestions are still far less harsh than those of the legal framework for acquiring and possessing a firearm here in Belgium and in other European countries.

As a civilian gun owner here in Belgium for instance, you are also subjected to an annual inspection on the safe operation and good maintenance of the firearm by an officer from your local police station, as well as to periodic psychological evaluations. You must also already be an active member of a shooting club for at least six months before you are allowed to even purchase a firearm.

Strangely enough, the civilian who buys a firearm must himself/herself present this firearm for registration to said police officer upon acquisition, rather than that the licensed arms dealer would be contacting the authorities. And another thing here is that whether you will be allowed a license for a firearm or not is up to the discretion and goodwill of the local police chief. I do not think this to be the best approach — even if only because your local police chief may be an asshole who simply doesn't like you — but that's how it is over here.

I support gun ownership, but I also support personal responsibility, and a firearm is not a toy. Misuse of a firearm — even if unintended — can lead to people getting injured, maimed or killed, including the person operating the firearm.

An example would be people who reload their own cartridges and accidentally put a double load in. Or perhaps the load is not powerful enough and the round does fire, but the bullet gets stuck halfway inside the barrel. If one does not realize this and fires a new round while there is a bullet stuck in the barrel, the weapon will explode and will maim or kill the shooter, and possibly anyone standing close by.

You need a license to drive a car. You also need a license to fly an airplane. You even need a license to open a restaurant. Because all of those things put other people's wellbeing at risk. So I think it's only logical that one would need a license to own a firearm — speaking of fully functional firearms, of course; non-functional replicas are harmless, even if they can (and sometimes do) get used in (fake) armed robberies.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), WantDisclosure (8th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    No, I would not vote against the Second Amendment . . .
    Do you then sympathize with the struggle going on right now to expose lies and deception perpetrated by the Deep State in order to slowly achieve their agenda of a New World Order?

More specifically, the deception of staged terror, not just in the United States, but elsewhere?

And more specifically, the deception of engineered "grass roots" activism?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018)

Thanks
    Do you then sympathize with the struggle going on right now to expose lies and deception perpetrated by the Deep State in order to slowly achieve their agenda of a New World Order?

More specifically, the deception of staged terror, not just in the United States, but elsewhere?

And more specifically, the deception of engineered "grass roots" activism?
    Yes, I do sympathize with these efforts, but at the same time, I feel that (more than) a word of caution is due on account of alleged false-flag terrorism attacks and shootings.

Pulling off a false-flag is a lot more difficult than actually organizing and sponsoring so-called grassroots movements, including terrorism. For instance, the leaders of ISIS and Al Qaeda might very well be CIA/MI5 operatives, but the people who blow themselves up here in the West are neither operatives nor have they been mind-controlled through drugs or some kind of exotic microwave beam technology.

If you understand the plight of the people in the Middle-East and the fanaticism behind Islam in those countries, then you will understand that these people are the Joe Sixpacks of their respective nations. They are poor, and they will do anything to improve life for their families, and/or secure their place in Heaven at the side of Allah. So what these terrorist leaders then do is nothing other than good old-fashioned brainwashing. They talk into these people and promise them that they will be heroes and that they will get 72 virgins in Heaven, and what have you.

And the more terrorists there are, the happier the West is, because then it can further restrict the liberties of its citizens, and then we have yet another "nation of concern" to invade and destabilize while we steal their resources and replace their sovereign regimes with shill regimes and sock puppets.

Likewise, high school shootings and the likes are not engineered per se, but they are a sign of the times. There is so much more involved. Who is the shooter? What background does he come from? How did he get access to a firearm? Who were the targets? Were they bullies? Were they innocent bystanders?

I think that knee-jerk reactions — whether from those in favor of the abolition of the Second Amendment or from those in favor of gun possession — are abject and cheap. I also think that the mainstream media, as corporately controlled entities, play a dirty game, all the way from sensationalism — which drives up the viewer ratings and thus the sponsorship from the corporations whose advertisements are shown on the pertinent network — up to establishing a political opinion in the minds of the viewers.

This is not journalism, but instead it is lobby-feeding. And in the end, it's all unnecessary distraction again, because then it ultimately once again boils down to pro-this and contra-that, and nothing constructive comes out of that.

The real problem sits much deeper, and would require a complete reorganization and re-education of the US American public — a complete work-over of US American culture. And given that we're talking of roughly 325 million people, that's just not feasible, not to mention that the diehards on either side — but especially so in the Republican/Conservative camp — would simply not allow it.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    Likewise, high school shootings and the likes are not engineered per se, but they are a sign of the times.
    Are you aware of the active shooter drills that are going on in American schools?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2018), Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018)

Thanks
    Are you aware of the active shooter drills that are going on in American schools?
    Yes, I am, albeit that I've only recently found out about this. But then again, I consider this merely a symptom of a badly diseased and dysfunctional society that keeps on kidding itself by looking in the mirror every day and telling itself "I'm so much cooler than the rest of the world."

The American Dream has always been nothing other than a propagandized illusion.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th April 2018), Kathy (9th April 2018), Wind (8th April 2018)