Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: The Use of Crisis Actors

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    I don't think we need to worry about the rest of the world.
    What a wonderfully insular attitude, and for that matter, one that the United States of America has only ever begun assuming since the Declaration of Independence.

The USA apparently only seems to acknowledge the existence of other countries when it sees the opportunity of vilifying said countries, invading them, replacing sad countries' sovereign regimes with sock puppets for the imperialist US-corporate machine, and stealing said countries' resources. After all, you do have to keep your military-industrial complex happy. I mean, think of all those American jobs that are at stake here.

And then you wonder where all those terrorists come from?

We need to worry about ourselves—you're an American and so am I.

We need to figure out how to save our country.
    No, you need to figure out how to save humanity, because "your country" is one of humanity's biggest threats, and you should first and foremost learn how to get over that indoctrination with the propaganda that the USA would somehow be exceptional and exemplary, and that it must be saved.

Nationalism is the purest shortsightedness there is, and patriotism is an idiotic and immature fantasy designed to glorify this nationalism. National borders are man-made constructs based upon territorialism and xenophobia, and they are completely irrelevant at the scale of the universe.

Like Fred Steeves however, I will now once again take my leave from this thread, and for more than one reason.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018), GraceKB (1st April 2018), palooka's revenge (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (1st April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    What a wonderfully insular attitude, and for that matter, one that the United States of America has only ever begun assuming since the Declaration of Independence.

The USA apparently only seems to acknowledge the existence of other countries when it sees the opportunity of vilifying said countries, invading them, replacing sad countries' sovereign regimes with sock puppets for the imperialist US-corporate machine, and stealing said countries' resources. After all, you do have to keep your military-industrial complex happy. I mean, think of all those American jobs that are at stake here.

And then you wonder where all those terrorists come from?

No, you need to figure out how to save humanity, because "your country" is one of humanity's biggest threats, and you should first and foremost learn how to get over that indoctrination with the propaganda that the USA would somehow be exceptional and exemplary, and that it must be saved.

Nationalism is the purest shortsightedness there is, and patriotism is an idiotic and immature fantasy designed to glorify this nationalism. National borders are man-made constructs based upon territorialism and xenophobia, and they are completely irrelevant at the scale of the universe.

Like Fred Steeves however, I will now once again take my leave from this thread, and for more than one reason.
    What this man has written here speaks for millions. NO, BILLIONS!! If I had the where with all -- which is to say the cash -- i'd be otta here.

Does that make me a traitor? F--- NO! Its the other way round...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018), GraceKB (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    What this man has written here speaks for millions. NO, BILLIONS!! If I had the where with all -- which is to say the cash -- i'd be otta here.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018), GraceKB (1st April 2018), palooka's revenge (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post

yes, the exchange between KT and Aragorn says it all. It's the distillation of the authoritarian and the humanitarian and it represents all that is good and all that is bad on this Earth.

I've noticed KT has come a long way in a short time regarding her attitude and 'truthing'. Sort of curious to me.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 1st April 2018 at 10:38.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), GraceKB (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (1st April 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    It is absolutely true that the United States military has been used abroad in unjust wars.

When I say my country, I mean that as citizens we the people are responsible for uncovering lies and deception that, for example, led to the Patriot Act.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018)

Thanks
    It is absolutely true that the United States military has been used abroad in unjust wars.

When I say my country, I mean that as citizens we the people are responsible for uncovering lies and deception that, for example, led to the Patriot Act.
    That is not what you posted KT...what you posted is exactly what Aragorn responded to. Acknowledging something is not the same as questioning it from a moral and 'truth' based perspective. And then from that position denouncing it. If one cannot do that then they are operating from a circumscribed morality that is very limited in scope.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm not at all pissed pissed off, just speaking straight on.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm4IiJXDVvM

Time for me to step back out of this emotional loosh fest. A fine line to dance in between this one and it's partner the Q phenomena.
    Thanks but I wish you would've explained why you feel threatened by what he said. He was explaining that being young doesn't prevent one from making a difference and he's right, yes?
    If he was standing up there before God and Country promoting the virtues of firearms would it still have been too emotional for you?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    That is not what you posted KT...
    I suggest you go back and re-read what I've posted.

I cannot make you agree with me or understand me.

As I've said before, I am not here for heated debate.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018)

Thanks
    I suggest you go back and re-read what I've posted.

I cannot make you agree with me or understand me.

As I've said before, I am not here for heated debate.
    KT, I think I understand you perfectly and I don't care to debate...really...

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    KT, I think I understand you perfectly and I don't care to debate...really...
    Frankly, my favorite moments in life occur when someone just agrees with me.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks

I agree that it's important to uncover lies and deception and it's interesting to note that somehow lies and deception become more palatable when coming from those you agree with. For example, on this thread, you quoted Jim Fetzer's lie about Emma Gonzales' father being a pedophile. When it was pointed out to you that that particular theory had been debunked, you ignored it and continued in the safety of your echo chamber posting to yourself As an observer, that spoke volumes to me.

People like Fetzer and Dammegard have painted themselves in a corner and have to keep spreading lies and deception if they want to eat. I can understand (but don't excuse) their motivation but it's difficult to understand those that not only fall for, but also spread their bs.

The whole left/right thing is also a lie and a huge deception. I shed that yoke long ago and although I hear "awakened" individuals claim they see through the divide and rule concept they are fooling themselves and it doesn't take long for of their us v them mentality to raise it's ugly head.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (1st April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st April 2018), Elen (1st April 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That timing is about right isn't it, Fred?

Even now, you have nothing to say about potentially undermining the Bill of Rights by focusing on only one Amendment.

I guess you do think it's OK to get personal and talk about blinders and teams instead of addressing the issue at hand which is the Constitution. I was hoping for better this time.

But you throw out comments about loosh. Staying personal instead of on topic and pretending it's the same as 'Q' on the 'other side'.

That's not the first time I've seen this pattern of behavior. I saw it with tarka as well. She asked some really spot on questions and was left hanging. (different thread)

Is that how it works with Joe Six-Pack? He really doesn't give a crap about the larger argument? He's just out for blood at this point?

That's how my friend Gale's republican friends speak. "I don't care, I'm out for blood."

Whose? Their fellow Americans?

It's easier to bag out instead of talk about this stuff. I get it.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (2nd April 2018), Elen (2nd April 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (2nd April 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That timing is about right isn't it, Fred?

Even now, you have nothing to say about potentially undermining the Bill of Rights by focusing on only one Amendment.

I guess you do think it's OK to get personal and talk about blinders and teams instead of addressing the issue at hand which is the Constitution. I was hoping for better this time.

But you throw out comments about loosh. Staying personal instead of on topic and pretending it's the same as 'Q' on the 'other side'.

That's not the first time I've seen this pattern of behavior. I saw it with tarka as well. She asked some really spot on questions and was left hanging. (different thread)

Is that how it works with Joe Six-Pack? He really doesn't give a crap about the larger argument? He's just out for blood at this point?

That's how my friend Gale's republican friends speak. "I don't care, I'm out for blood."

Whose? Their fellow Americans?

It's easier to bag out instead of talk about this stuff. I get it.
    Well said Dreamtimer... You "get it"! I also acknowledge how difficult it must be to be an American at this point in time, with the gun-laws and the Second Amendment. In my heart I feel that a lot of people wants to get rid of weapons...but who will make the first move? (I don't belong in this discussion, I know).

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (2nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    For those who aren't American, a small explanation lies below...

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Are you sure? Most people end up getting it wrong. What is it you think I believe that makes me left?

Is it my family values? (I've made it clear raising my son was my number one job)

Is it my personal responsibility? (No one here or anywhere else has seen me pawn off responsibility onto anyone)

Is it my decades of monogamy? (I've made that clear, too)

Is it my integrity? Is it my honor?

What is it?
    I'm not beating my drum here. In America the Republican party claims these qualities as its own. If you're a Republican than you're on the team of family values, etc.

The irony of making a political party a foundation of anything moral is pretty exquisite, imo. But that's how it is.

My challenge to Fred was to see what matters. That is, a person's character. Not their team. What matters are the issues at hand. Not the perceived emotions/positions.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Aragorn (2nd April 2018), Elen (2nd April 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2018), tarka the duck (2nd April 2018), Wind (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    I also acknowledge how difficult it must be to be an American at this point in time, with the gun-laws and the Second Amendment. In my heart I feel that a lot of people wants to get rid of weapons...but who will make the first move?
    As a non-Acronymian, I myself support the right of the population to acquire and possess firearms.

However, I do agree that proper education on gun safety and responsibility would be a requirement, possibly in combination with a psychological assessment, and preferably also the mandatory registration of all firearms and regulation of the resale of previously owned firearms by non-licensed arms dealers, so as to prevent once legally acquired firearms from entering the black market and subsequently getting acquired by criminals after the initial owner no longer has any use for them — e.g. when the original owner is deceased and his firearms were bequeathed to someone who doesn't want them in their house and would thus want to sell them.

Let's face it, Sister, aside from hunting — which I am personally not a fan of, because nowadays hunting is a luxury sport, rather than a necessary means of acquiring food, as it used to be even over here in the West in a past now long gone — there are always going to be situations where one needs to defend oneself against one or multiple perpetrators, and unless we're dealing with a hostage situation where no one has so far been hurt yet, the police are always going to arrive too late.

Secondly, by disallowing or severely restricting the possession of firearms to ordinary citizens — as is the case here in Europe, as well as in Australia — while law enforcement does have the right to carry firearms, any governing institution is always ensuring that the citizens would be abiding by the laws that this governing institution is pushing upon them, whether these laws are fair or not. And that is oppression.

In other words, armed law enforcement — and the term "law enforcement" is the correct one, because that is what they're there for, not the protection of the vulnerable or the prevention of crime — is intended as leverage for pushing the will of an elite minority onto the majority, even when the majority disagrees. Giving citizens the right to arm themselves protects them against criminals, and against their own government.

Besides, guns are cool — at least, so long as they are handled responsibly.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    (I don't belong in this discussion, I know).
    Neither do I. This thread has become yet another gateway to US-centricity, and you and I live on one of those little islands outside of the United States of "God Bless America" where the other 6.7 billion human inhabitants of this planet reside.

I'm only popping in on occasion anymore, and it's more out of curiosity than out of interest in the drifting topic.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2018), Elen (2nd April 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2018), Wind (2nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by GraceKB View Post
    If he was standing up there before God and Country promoting the virtues of firearms would it still have been too emotional for you?
    The problem is that our youth are being manipulated.

They are also being terrorized by ongoing drills being conducted in schools.

Apparently at Parkland "simunition" was used, producing minor wounds which healed quickly.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2018), Elen (2nd April 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2018), GraceKB (2nd April 2018)