Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: "End of the Super Federation"

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jcocks View Post
    I actually disagree with that. Take a step back and look at who are the ones destroying this history. Hint : It’s not us. It’s those in control - the 1% or whatever you want to call them. Or it’s those who are following their orders. The majority of us, if we truly knew what was happening (we don’t) or had any control over events (sometimes but not always the case), would not allow this to happen.

We’re not the bad guys we are being lead to believe we are. I believe the 1% and their minions have some pretty hefty karma coming their way, however.
    That's a really good point. It was the leaders of the Taliban, for instance, who decide to destroy the ancient statues. Not the local people who were there for millennia. And in Egypt it was the pharaohs who ordered the works of each previous leader destroyed.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th March 2018), Elen (10th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That's a really good point. It was the leaders of the Taliban, for instance, who decide to destroy the ancient statues. Not the local people who were there for millennia. And in Egypt it was the pharaohs who ordered the works of each previous leader destroyed.
    I do actually think we cannot take responsibility for everything that happens. We have one present possibility which is the chance to live well. I love the examples of people who do that and I ignore the others pretty easily. When I leave this life, my highest intent is that I lived well and loved much. I am a happy camper here with the challenge. I have only seen the worst examples on TV. Close up it is just garden variety dramas.

This may be a really off base opinion: the destruction of ancient statues is done out of intense irrational fear of insignificance. The destruction of one architectural gem after another for "progress' is not JUST for profit but out of an internal irrational need to place a mark on the world. The bull dozing of the archeological evidence EVERYWHERE is out of complete inner bankruptcy.

THese are just statements about what I suspect is the root cause of hell on earth. It is a kind of internal materialist mud caked soil imprisonment that blocks the senses (the "finer feelings are dulled by dirt build up). Oscar Wilde said that "we are all in the gutter but some are looking up at the stars". For some reason, some of humanity is cut off from "the ineffable quality of LIGHT", caught under ground (in the underworld?) and some are feeling the breeze and the warmth of the LOGOS on middle earth? Maybe it comes down to hopw much experience one has in the great Scheme of Time and things?

OK so I think it is more than opinion that the only responseability we can really HAVE is how we treat the ones who look so despicable. Once we get over the need to revenge ourselves aginst the ones who are so terrible (whomever they are), we CANNOT be pulled into the endless loop of "he hurt me so I hurt her and she hurt him and he hurt her....." The Hatfields and McCoys are the apocryphal tale of family feuds.

What I aim to build in me is a default neutralizer that kicks on when I feel the hate stir in my gut. I have a further sprayer of self love that fills the blank space. I was once blind but now I see and I love myself for my transmutation of my manure to compost. I think that there is no accident than hymns can be true for all time?

Amazing Grace you know and I keep posting this poem becuse I love Robinson Jeffers. His biography is of a really fine life IMO.

That public men publish falsehoods
    Is nothing new. That America must accept
    Like the historical republics corruption and empire
    Has been known for years.

Be angry at the sun for setting
    If these things anger you. Watch the wheel slope and turn,
    They are all bound on the wheel, these people, those warriors.
    This republic, Europe, Asia.

Observe them gesticulating,
    Observe them going down. The gang serves lies, the passionate
    Man plays his part; the cold passion for truth
    Hunts in no pack.

You are not Catullus, you know,
    To lampoon these crude sketches of Caesar. You are far
    From Dante's feet, but even farther from his dirty
    Political hatreds.

Let boys want pleasure, and men
    Struggle for power, and women perhaps for fame,
    And the servile to serve a Leader and the dupes to be duped.
    Yours is not theirs.

Robinson Jeffers
    Last edited by Maggie, 9th March 2018 at 19:45.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2018), Dreamtimer (10th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th March 2018), Elen (10th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2018), jcocks (10th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)