Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334 LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 504

Thread: The Psychology of Self-Actualization

  1. #466
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Interesting.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (24th April 2023), Octopus Garden (19th April 2023), Wind (17th April 2023)

  3. #467
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 650 Posts
    I am curious. I don't disagree with any of these videos and they offer a broad perspective of the endless ways we can be totally effed up in small ways and profound and how it effects everyone in general, directly or energetically. I see it as helpful information but not curative information.

    What I don't see though is the practices or measures that are taken to abate or process neurosis, anxiety or addressing what's hiding in the dark side or the dozens of things posted here.

    The videos are informative and could be very useful but like the video of a surgical procedure the vid and information isn't helpful until its actually put into practice with the intent of alleviating or curing some mental, emotional or physical impediment.

    So curious as to what practices you use to address whatever ails you?

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (24th April 2023), Aragorn (24th April 2023), Chuckie (24th April 2023), Wind (25th April 2023)

  5. #468
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    31,538
    Thanked 25,590 Times in 6,610 Posts
    "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." ~ Carl Jung

    Or as Eckhart Tolle said it;

    "There is only one perpetrator of evil on the planet: human unconsciousness. That realization is true forgiveness. With forgiveness, your victim identity dissolves, and your true power emerges--the power of Presence. Instead of blaming the darkness, you bring in the light."

    "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

    Although I would still argue that true evil is still fully knowingly causing harm to "others".

    If you were to ask why I am into all of these things then it would take a while to compose a proper answer.

    However, I can only speak on my behalf. I have been born with a very analytical mind and it's a gift and a curse just like the sensitivity I have is. I practice self-analysis all the time and probably have done so ever since my teenager years if not longer. I'm also the kind of person who never stopped asking why after childhood. I have been practicing meditation on and off for years, but I don't always do it. Sometimes there are months when I hardly do it, but then there are weeks that I try to do it every few days. I still might practice it for only a few minutes, or mostly ten or fifteen minutes, hardly longer than that.

    I know that many people especially in the West don't find the idea of sitting down and meditating compelling so it's not something they do. Yet you could practice meditation not only sitting, but walking, doing the dishes, maybe even whilst driving unless you're prone to road rage. If I can get into meditative states while listening to music then surely you can also get into such states by playing too?

    The point is to be aware of our thoughts. To be aware of our biases and God knows we all have them just like we all do have our egos. I have a strong will or strong ego, but I can realize that I am not my ego. I just have it. I have my body too, but it's not who I am truly. If it ceases to exist, the I that I am doesn't cease to exist just like I don't cease to exist when I go to sleep. That's also when we every night take a dive into the realms of the unconscious. The conscious human mind is just like the tip of the iceberg, all that is hidden or stored away is beneath the surface.

    Mindfulness is a very good tool and it's just being conscious and aware of what you are doing while you're doing it. Who is the one that is doing these things? Where do all the thoughts come from? We all have these computers in our heads running endless programs which are called thoughts. Some thoughts might not even be truly our own, they can come from the collective field or the collective unconscious. We can identify with them or not.

    I can say that I struggle with moods or depression, but I've come to realized that I don't have to say that I am depressed. I can say that I feel depressed or sad sometimes. It doesn't have to define me, because I also feel other things such as joy and excitement. I struggle with illnesses and have virtually all my life, but I don't have to say I am sick. I can feel dis-eased, but I don't have to say that's how I truly am. I am not my illness, I am that I am. I can try to look into it more and try to heal and balance myself with proper actions and proper thoughts.

    Language and terms matter a lot. To me the western definition of success isn't success at all. You truly "make it" when you get rich and famous then find out that it actually didn't bring joy contentment and you still feel empty inside? Or that you just have big bank account and have achieved this and that title. No, to me that isn't success at all. Success is how you feel inside. Success is being at peace with yourself. Success is realizing that all life flows from within and without and you see it in every other living being too and thus you become incapable of causing harm to them because you realize that it's just all one. Yet as people we sometimes forget all of that and get into petty arguments, fights or even wars. It happens all the time, but the more we bring the light of consciousness into everyday lives then we can bring more peace to this world. The opposite of that is chaos and I can't imagine many people wanting to see that in the world.

    If I can not only heal myself, but also bring some of that light into this world and make it a tiny bit better for others too then I've made it.
    Last edited by Wind, 1st June 2023 at 17:58.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (25th April 2023), Chuckie (25th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (28th April 2023)

  7. #469
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." ~ Carl Jung

    Or as Eckhart Tolle said it; "There is only one perpetrator of evil on the planet: human unconsciousness. That realization is true forgiveness. With forgiveness, your victim identity dissolves, and your true power emerges--the power of Presence. Instead of blaming the darkness, you bring in the light."

    "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

    Although I would still argue that true evil is still fully knowingly causing harm to "others".

    If you were to ask why I am into all of these things then it would take a while to compose a proper answer.

    However, I can only speak on my behalf. I have been born with a very analytical mind and it's a gift and a curse just like the sensitivity I have is. I practice self-analysis all the time and probably have done so ever since my teenager years if not longer. I'm also the kind of person who never stopped asking why after childhood. I have been practicing meditation on and off for years, but I don't always do it. Sometimes there are months when I hardly do it, but then there are weeks that I try to do it every few days. I still might practice it for only a few minutes, or mostly ten or fifteen minutes, hardly longer than that.

    I know that many people especially in the West don't find the idea of sitting down and meditating compelling so it's not something they do. Yet you could practice meditation not only sitting, but walking, doing the dishes, maybe even whilst driving unless you're prone to road rage. If I can get into meditative states while listening to music then surely you can also get into such states by playing too?

    The point is to be aware of our thoughts. To be aware of our biases and God knows we all have them just like we all do have our egos. I have a strong will or strong ego, but I can realize that I am not my ego. I just have it. I have my body too, but it's not who I am truly. If it ceases to exist, the I that I am doesn't cease to exist just like I don't cease to exist when I go to sleep. That's also when we every night take a dive into the realms of the unconscious. The conscious human mind is just like the tip of the iceberg, all that is hidden or stored away is beneath the surface.

    Mindfulness is a very good tool and it's just being conscious and aware of what you are doing while you're doing it. Who is the one that is doing these things? Where do all the thoughts come from? We all have these computers in our heads running endless programs which are called thoughts. Some thoughts might not even be truly our own, they can come from the collective field or the collective unconscious. We can identify with them or not.

    I can say that I struggle with moods or depression, but I've come to realized that I don't have to say that I am depressed. I can say that I feel depressed or sad sometimes. It doesn't have to define me, because I also feel other things such as joy and excitement. I struggle with illnesses and have virtually all my life, but I don't have to say I am sick. I can feel dis-eased, but I don't have to say that's how I truly am. I am not my illness, I am that I am. I can try to look into it more and try to heal and balance myself with proper actions and proper thoughts.

    Language and terms matter a lot. To me the western definition of success isn't success at all. You truly "make it" when you get rich and famous then find out that it actually didn't bring joy contentment and you still feel empty inside? Or that you just have big bank account and have achieved this and that title. No, to me that isn't success at all. Success is how you feel inside. Success is being at peace with yourself. Success is realizing that all life flows from within and without and you see it in every other living being too and thus you become incapable of causing harm to them because you realize that it's just all one. Yet as people we sometimes forget all of that and get into petty arguments, fights or even wars. It happens all the time, but the more we bring the light of consciousness into everyday lives then we can bring more peace to this world. The opposite of that is chaos and I can't imagine many people wanting to see that in the world.

    If I can not only heal myself, but also bring some of that light into this world and make it a tiny bit better for others too then I've made it.
    Very nicely put Wind and true to you.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (25th April 2023), Diabolical Boids (28th April 2023), Wind (26th April 2023)

  9. #470
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Are you feeling better, Cats? It takes awhile for things to sink in and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Wind (26th April 2023)

  11. #471
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 650 Posts
    I also think that inner meditation is best,. The one's where you are working in an altered state and supported by mindfulness practices when you are in a beta state especially for deeply held beliefs or stuck trauma. I try really hard to stick to a routine of everyday and or every other day. 40 minutes is about my limit though although I might try some longer induction times to see if I can go longer but right now a guided mediation that goes on for more than 45 minutes becomes annoying once it prompts you into waking state .I keep wanting to extend that out so I'm disciplining my body / mind more but then again all of this is supposed to make your life better not take up your whole life.

    For transient emotions or beliefs I do EFT ( tapping ) at least three times a day. Thats really good for PTSD. When they come up I don't get in the story with the transient anxiety or depression, I either tap or breathe it out. I do a lot of energy work which I can do watching a program or reading my optimal time for anything seems to be about 40 minutes.

    I have resonant frequency machine based on Royal Rifes work. They were originally intended for physical healing but have a lot of programs for energy centers, anxiety, clearing negative emotions and even mimicking the frequencies of essential oils, ibuprofen, etc. That can be run on remote so 24/7 something is going on even if its just detox program. I think its still more useful if used in conjunction with meditation though.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (28th April 2023), Chuckie (28th April 2023), Wind (28th April 2023)

  13. #472
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    I also think that inner meditation is best,. The one's where you are working in an altered state and supported by mindfulness practices when you are in a beta state especially for deeply held beliefs or stuck trauma. I try really hard to stick to a routine of everyday and or every other day. 40 minutes is about my limit though although I might try some longer induction times to see if I can go longer but right now a guided mediation that goes on for more than 45 minutes becomes annoying once it prompts you into waking state .I keep wanting to extend that out so I'm disciplining my body / mind more but then again all of this is supposed to make your life better not take up your whole life.

    For transient emotions or beliefs I do EFT ( tapping ) at least three times a day. Thats really good for PTSD. When they come up I don't get in the story with the transient anxiety or depression, I either tap or breathe it out. I do a lot of energy work which I can do watching a program or reading my optimal time for anything seems to be about 40 minutes.

    I have resonant frequency machine based on Royal Rifes work. They were originally intended for physical healing but have a lot of programs for energy centers, anxiety, clearing negative emotions and even mimicking the frequencies of essential oils, ibuprofen, etc. That can be run on remote so 24/7 something is going on even if its just detox program. I think its still more useful if used in conjunction with meditation though.
    that's all well and good, it is easier for me to just kick my cat.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Diabolical Boids (28th April 2023)

  15. #473
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 650 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    that's all well and good, it is easier for me to just kick my cat.
    It's all well and good and doesn't come with the Karma of kicking the cat,,lol. Don't fuck with cats, dude, they were like Gods in Egypt.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (28th April 2023), Chuckie (28th April 2023), Wind (29th April 2023)

  17. #474
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    It's all well and good and doesn't come with the Karma of kicking the cat,,lol. Don't fuck with cats, dude, they were like Gods in Egypt.
    yeah, Rameses II owned both me and my cat in former lives. Because my cat treated me so bad he understands my need.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Diabolical Boids (29th April 2023), Wind (29th April 2023)

  19. #475
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 650 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    yeah, Rameses II owned both me and my cat in former lives. Because my cat treated me so bad he understands my need.
    OMG this is like reincarnation porn

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (30th April 2023), Chuckie (30th April 2023), Wind (30th April 2023)

  21. #476
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    lol, not exactly but it could be construed that way...unfortunately.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Diabolical Boids (30th April 2023), Wind (30th April 2023)

  23. #477
    Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th December 2022
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 650 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    lol, not exactly but it could be construed that way...unfortunately.
    Yeah it probably says more about me than you.

    .

    .

    Maybe.

  24. #478
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Yeah it probably says more about me than you.

    .

    .

    Maybe.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Diabolical Boids (30th April 2023), Wind (30th April 2023)

  26. #479
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    31,538
    Thanked 25,590 Times in 6,610 Posts
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st June 2023), Chuckie (1st June 2023)

  28. #480
    Senior Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Location
    Earth I
    Posts
    11,436
    Thanks
    34,775
    Thanked 41,391 Times in 11,234 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    A solitary thought is only the beginning. One other thing recently occurred to me, after watching that Why files post. Our neurological system is aware of what we are going to do, e.g. move our arm, before we consciously are and before we actually move. It seems that since the human body is a highly connected group of energy systems, it would be surprising if things didn't work that way.
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (1st June 2023), Wind (1st June 2023)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •