Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: The Psychology of Self-Actualization

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2019), Aragorn (23rd November 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (24th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The anatomy of the empathic mind in 12 short minutes. The Hegelian Dialectic applied to the narcissistic-empath dynamic:

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Wind (19th December 2019)

Thanks
    For what it's worth!

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th December 2019 at 17:48.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Wind (19th December 2019)

Thanks
    This could be valuable to some:

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Wind (19th December 2019)

Thanks
    Here's a good article too:

Why Many Empaths Prefer Being Single

Energy flows between two people. For empaths, this can make all types of relationships highly challenging—whether platonic, romantic, familial, or even work-related—because empaths continuously, either consciously or subconsciously, sense other people’s energy states.

An empath is someone who is highly sensitive to the energy and emotions emanating from people, animals, and everything that exists around them. They have the ability to scan other people’s energy fields and intuitively pick up on past, present, and even future thoughts and feelings. They can also quite accurately determine another person’s emotional, mental, and physical state.

When empaths become close to someone and connect with them on a heart level—either during sex or when they are carrying out a healing—they open themselves up and leave their energy fields vulnerable so that the energy of other people can penetrate and blend with their own.

Being so highly attuned to energy can lead to empath-overwhelm, over-stimulation, and chronic fatigue, particularly if they are soaking up the energy of someone they are in close contact with.

This can mean that some empaths find it difficult to stay in a relationship for long periods of time, as they are known to need a great deal of alone time, freedom, and personal space to recharge and rebalance their energy levels.

Empaths have highly attuned antennae that help them figure people out instantly. It also helps them understand the intentions, motivations, and characteristics that people attempt to keep hidden.

Where this can fail for the empath is when they are emotionally invested in someone. Not only do heightened emotions cloud their intuitive abilities, they also push aside their inner knowing (which can happen when they have a strong temptation to energetically dance with someone they are attracted to).

This is part of the reason many empaths are renowned for becoming embroiled in unhealthy and dysfunctional relationship with those who have strong traits associated with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as they don’t pay close enough attention to what their intuitive senses are warning them about.

Although empaths try to trust their instincts, it isn’t always easy if they are with someone who tries to convince them their suspicions are wrong. With no proof, they may try to accept that their partner is telling the truth, but the friction will constantly linger in the back of the empath’s mind.

Empaths are highly compassionate souls and their capacity for understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness is immense. The only downfall to this is that it can also put them in great danger as they give people many chances to change and evolve past harmful behavioural patterns.

If this doesn’t happen, they can be subjected to a variety of abuse forms, as some people perceive their forgiving empathic nature for weakness and will try to take advantage of it. In many cases this has led to empaths struggling with anxiety, low self-esteem, and diminished self-worth, as they wrongly believe that the way people treat them mirrors what they deserve.

Empaths often take full responsibility for how others behave toward them and for anything that goes wrong in relationships. They have a great amount of compassion and can clearly see other people’s emotional baggage, so they make many excuses for people’s behaviour and this is often to their own detriment.

Empaths are natural healers, therefore not only do they feel a pull toward those who are emotionally wounded and struggling, but those who desperately need healing of some kind are also drawn toward them.

This sets a rocky foundation for relationships to be built upon, as rather than being a mutual “give-and-take” relationship that is equal, healthy, and balanced, it can result in the empath doing the majority of the giving and the wounded one energetically taking everything the empath has to give. When this happens it doesn’t take long for the empath to become fatigued, emotionally drained, and burnt out.

If empaths take on their partner’s suffering or challenges, they can easily enter into a relationship that is codependent. If an empath’s partner becomes dependent on them to validate them or heal their wounds, while empaths become dependent on the feeling of worthiness they receive when they feel vital for someone’s survival, the relationship can be complicated. This can lead to empaths falling down to the same low frequency at which their partner is vibrating.

It is common for empaths to become so invested in their partner’s well-being that they neglect taking care of themselves. This is particularly true if the person they are in a relationship with is suffering in some way, as empaths empathise to such a degree that they go to all lengths to provide care, even if it means risking their own emotional, mental, or physical health.

It is imperative empaths recognise that their compassion and nurturing abilities can sometimes lead to self-harm, because as the saying goes, “You can’t drink from an empty cup.” It is vital that empaths replenish themselves before they pour their energy into anyone else.

Empaths are born to sense and feel everything within their environment, mostly so they can transmute energy and transform negative vibrations into positive ones. Therefore, even if they are adept at recognising when they are in the company of someone who has volatile or heavy emotions, they will still absorb some of that energy, even if only subtly and temporarily.

It can be extremely challenging for an empath to keep lifting their vibration when someone around them is intentionally or unintentionally lowering it. The most concerning part of this is that empaths experience emotions intensely, so when they feel love their hearts feel fit to burst and when they feel anger or sadness it can pull their energy so low that they may become demotivated and fuelled with resentment and rage.

Feeling the love that exists in someone else’s energy field can also mean that empaths disconnect from the emotions as soon as they have left that person’s company. Depending on how strong the connection is, they may lose the bonding feeling the moment they part ways. This can mean empaths feel as though they are in love with someone for just a few hours and then walk away and feel no emotion whatsoever.

Another issue for empaths is dealing with people who enjoy playing mind games. Empaths tend to be straight talkers and can become confused as to why some people want to engage in psychological games. They aren’t likely to play along with this, as the rules will be too complicated for empaths to figure out. Plus, they will likely see through these types of games and will perceive the person as inauthentic.

Empaths have the capacity to see beyond the masks people wear and to sense when someone isn’t genuine or acting with integrity, and so it doesn’t take long for them to become disappointed and frustrated if they perceive the person they are with to be untrustworthy, unfaithful, or disloyal.

Empaths are generally vulnerable creatures who would be happy to wear their heart on their sleeve and be open, raw, and brutally honest when sharing their deepest, darkest feelings. However, not everyone is comfortable with this level of depth, and not everyone knows how to communicate in this way. And so, it doesn’t take long for empaths to withdraw and keep their emotions and thoughts to themselves.

This leads to many empaths becoming disheartened and disillusioned with relationships, and many lose the hope of ever sharing a genuine, soul-deep connection with someone who holds the same values, and sees, senses, and feels the world in the same unique way.

However, if empaths are fortunate enough to find someone who is respectful, compassionate, caring, and empathetic, the most loving, loyal, and rewarding relationships can be formed

When empaths protect themselves by becoming consciously aware of how outside energy penetrates them, the painful and toxic energies are far less likely to be absorbed within their energy field.

It helps if empaths try to surround themselves with others whose energies vibrate at a similar frequency so they are not vulnerable and exposed to energy that can cause them harm.

Self-protection is vital, and keeping energy levels high by refusing to take on, or absorb, anything that lowers our vibration is the simplest, harmonious, and healthiest way for empaths to exist, whether single or within mutually flowing and soul-fulfilling relationships.
    I can relate so well to what's being written on the article. Being around people can be very exhausting and it's not something I can withstand for long as I get exhausted and actually I have a chronic fatigue as a physical condition, that's how bad my empathy is! I need my alone time, lots of it. Also I know how it is to have a troublesome relationship with a partner who's difficult to put it mildly.
    Last edited by Wind, 19th December 2019 at 22:04.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2019), modwiz (3rd January 2020)

Thanks
    amen to that article...I almost have to laugh at the accuracy...that's it...exactly

I just get rashes...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Wind (19th December 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    One way to not be a coward is to be more than just 'present'.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th December 2019), Wind (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    Good one DT, and yeah, I agree fully.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (21st December 2019), Wind (20th December 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Here's a good article too:

Why Many Empaths Prefer Being Single

I can relate so well to what's being written on the article. Being around people can be very exhausting and it's not something I can withstand for long as I get exhausted and actually I have a chronic fatigue as a physical condition, that's how bad my empathy is! I need my alone time, lots of it. Also I know how it is to have a troublesome relationship with a partner who's difficult to put it mildly.
    to that article. Well spotted!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st December 2019), Dreamtimer (29th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st December 2019), modwiz (3rd January 2020), Wind (21st December 2019)

Thanks
    Many years ago I fell in love with this guy: Not literally, of course...but his stuff was instrumental in placing myself in 'right mind'

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 21st December 2019 at 13:05.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st December 2019), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (24th December 2019), Wind (21st December 2019)

Thanks
    No one alive hasn't experienced some form of adversity in their life. What is the purpose of adversity and how do we deal with it when it appears in our lives?

Manly Palmer Hall (March 18, 1901 – August 29, 1990) was a Canadian-born author, lecturer, astrologer and mystic.

He is best known for his 1928 work The Secret Teachings of All Ages. Over his 70 year career, he gave thousands of lectures, including two at Carnegie Hall, and published over 150 volumes.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (4th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd January 2020), modwiz (3rd January 2020)

Thanks
    Good stuff...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Elen (4th January 2020), Wind (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    I've always believed that what I have in my mind could not be lost...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (5th January 2020), Wind (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    There is a part of the brain that processes the 'existential'. I read this and it makes sense...When there are unresolved issues, aimless energies bouncing around in the noggin', we grow apprehensive. One of my current efforts is to try to find a method of dissipating that energy without conscious effort...just let it flow out of the ears...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2020), Dreamtimer (5th January 2020), Elen (5th January 2020), Wind (4th January 2020)

Thanks
    Your Mind is an Excellent Servant, but a Terrible Master - David Foster Wallace

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th January 2020), Dreamtimer (30th January 2020), Elen (30th January 2020), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2020)