Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skeptiko interviews Dr. John Alexander

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I’d join a women’s club here in Sedona, but I’d be found out during the first meeting.
    Seriously, don't you think book clubs are a good way to reach new people?

I can imagine maybe my very mainstream brother-in-law relating to a book written by a retired senior Army officer:

About the Author

JOHN B. ALEXANDER, Ph.D., is a retired senior Army officer with decades of experience with a wide range of phenomena. Traveling to all eight continents, he has encountered events that defy common explanation. He has met with shamans in the Amazon, the Himalayas, the Andes, East and West Africa, and Northern Mongolia. In Tonga, he dived in open ocean with humpback whales, and was involved with telepathic experiments with wild dolphins in the Bahamas. A psychic adventurer, he practiced psychokinetic metal bending, fire walking, and caused a white crow to fly for the National Academy of Sciences. A founding board member of IRVA, he is a past-president of IANDS, and former SSE councilor. Straddling two worlds, he is also retired from Los Alamos National Laboratory, and served on studies with the National Research Council, the Army Science Board, the Council on Foreign Relations, NATO, and was a senior fellow of a DoD university. Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross headed his doctoral committee. His website is at johnbalexander.com.

https://www.amazon.com/Reality-Denie.../dp/1938398858

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Elen (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    Seriously, don't you think book clubs are a good way to reach new people?

I can imagine maybe my very mainstream brother-in-law relating to a book written by a retired senior Army officer:
    Ordinarily, I would. But I have such wildly divergent views from the mainstream that I stand to alienate, if they don’t believe me, or make crazy and depress if they do. Folks can’t question their programming. I can’t sit and let folks spout BS political stuff anymore, I tend to point out stuff like false flags, flaws in mainstream science, medical lies, historical mis-facts, etc. I have so many facts at my disposal that it tends to shut down people and piss them off. So no book clubs for me.

Thus I sit at home, and alienate you guys.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Elen (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2018), Lemual (26th February 2018), WantDisclosure (23rd February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Ordinarily, I would. But I have such wildly divergent views from the mainstream that I stand to alienate, if they don’t believe me, or make crazy and depress if they do. Folks can’t question their programming. I can’t sit and let folks spout BS political stuff anymore, I tend to point out stuff like false flags, flaws in mainstream science, medical lies, historical mis-facts, etc. I have so many facts at my disposal that it tends to shut down people and piss them off. So no book clubs for me.

Thus I sit at home, and alienate you guys.
    You don't stand a chance at alienating me Mr Dumpster...you're going to have to try harder. Even if we can agree on just one thing...one thing...then you're in as far as I'm concerned.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Elen (24th February 2018), WantDisclosure (23rd February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Alex is not religious. He does believe in spirit and pushes back against the idea that we're just biological machines.
    I have the video on pause right now.

Not only is the book a Godsend, apparently, but so is this YouTuber.

How long have you been listening to this guy interview people? How did you discover his work?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    Wow!

I highly recommend at least listening to this part, beginning at about 9:53, if you don't have time for the whole thing:

Grant Cameron.jpg

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    For those who might be interested, this is apparently the full YouTube video containing the exchange that took place in the clip Alex Tsakiris chose regarding consummate attorney Daniel Sheehan's grilling of Dr./Col. Alexander at a 2011 UFO conference:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT5S6RYvA-Y

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    At about 16:27 Alex Tsakiris says of John Alexander's opinion, "MILAB stuff, which he completely, categorically says is totally not real, untrue . . . "

Dreamtimer, is that why you think Corey Goode is full of it?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I haven't finished watching the video yet, but so far, I think Tsakiris's use of the term "Warrior Monk" is confusing.

At first, it seems a Warrior Monk is a "white hat."

Then, it seems he's using the term in a negative way, because he says something about Warrior Monks being replaced by trolls on the internet.

Whose side is he on?

Where is he coming from?
    Last edited by WantDisclosure, 24th February 2018 at 15:03. Reason: Grammar

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't recall when I came across Alex and the Skeptiko site. But I really like it and the interviews. The first interview I posted was about gnosticism and I did it for the benefit of Modwiz.

I found out about Corey somewhere in my exploring, most likely on PA. That forum would pop up occasionally in my searches and I would occasionally visit to find interesting posts. That's how I found Gio's threads. I never knew who Gio was before then. Or Corey.

Corey was posting at PA, then left and started a web page where he was talking about Bill and PA being very dangerous and a threat to milabs. When Corey left PA he came here which is how I found this forum. I would read his threads and then I became interested in other threads here. I decided to join. That was at a time when a lot of people were joining in the wake of Corey's arrival.

Corey said a lot of stuff that he didn't follow through on. Corey also would get defensive and attack other posters, jumping to conclusions about what they were meaning or feeling. He was quite aggressive. His wife was as well.

He made a big deal about not monetizing his work, and then turned around and did exactly that. He said he'd give all his info out in a huge data dump. No drip, drip. He never did that and instead has done the exact drip, drip he said he wouldn't.

He said there was nothing special about himself and then he started talking about having holy blood lines.

For me, he's not someone with integrity. I also am very uneasy with the activities of Roger Ramesaur. He took Annette O'Toole's idea and then cut her out. He's not a man of integrity and Corey has teamed up with him.

He also seems to have had an effect on Justin Deschamps. His research regarding Corey hasn't shown the same objectivity as other work in his past and this has been noticed by people who followed him before he became involved with Corey.

Corey's story may be totally legit. I've listened to many whistleblowers both before and after him. I continue to do so.

I find it challenging figuring out whether someone is retelling someone else's story because I haven't been in this long enough. I don't know the early or obscure stories.

Corey does. Corey did a lot of research in this field as well as befriending and corresponding with a lot of people. He looks a lot like someone who took a bunch of pieces of stories and assembled them into his own.

I believe that if there is something in his message and I don't get it from him I'll still get it. Life's like that.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018), WantDisclosure (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    He made a big deal about not monetizing his work, and then turned around and did exactly that.
    If it is true that Kerry Cassidy outed him, and that he was stuck at that point; in my opinion, he should not be faulted for making his living with his testimony.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    If it is true that Kerry Cassidy outed him, [...]
    Kerry posted his real name on her website without his consent, but he had already long outed himself over at Project Avalon. Everyone there knew his real name.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018), WantDisclosure (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I even found it out before Kerry said anything. And I don't PM people.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), WantDisclosure (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    I don't recall when I came across Alex and the Skeptiko site. But I really like it and the interviews. The first interview I posted was about gnosticism and I did it for the benefit of Modwiz.
    I have his YouTube Videos page bookmarked now. I will be checking it out in the coming weeks.

Here is the blurb about Alex that is posted on his website:

Host Bio: Alex Tsakiris

Alex, host of Skeptiko and author of Why Science is Wrong… About Almost Everything, is a successful entrepreneur turned science podcaster. In 2007 he founded Skeptiko which has become the #1 podcast covering the science of human consciousness. Alex has appeared on many syndicated radio talk shows and podcasts both in the US and the UK and is well-know [sic] within the parapsychology and near-death experience research communities.

http://skeptiko.com/about-alex-tsakiris/about-skeptiko/
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Everyone there knew his real name.
    That's beside the point.

"Everyone" meaning PA members and readers of that forum.

That's insignificant compared to Kerry Cassidy getting into the picture with her Project Camelot viewership.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    That was at a time when a lot of people were joining in the wake of Corey's arrival.
    What is your best guess as to who these new members were?

Were they most likely disgruntled PA members?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (26th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    He said there was nothing special about himself and then he started talking about having holy blood lines.
    Holy?

Is that your paraphrase?

There has been some talk on Cosmic Disclosure about his ancestry, but I'll have to go back and refresh my memory.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (26th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (24th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2018)