Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Skeptiko interviews Dr. John Alexander

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    No, that won't work — I've just tried that. I myself always use the "[video]" tags, which you get by clicking the filmstrip icon. That way I don't have to worry about whether it's YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion or whatever, and then I can paste the full URL into the dialog box.
    If I use your instructions posted here on a Vimeo or DailyMotion video, some readers may not see the video because of the browser they use, whereas a YouTube video will always work?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th February 2018), Elen (28th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    If I use your instructions posted here on a Vimeo or DailyMotion video, some readers may not see the video because of the browser they use, whereas a YouTube video will always work?
    Well, if they embed the YouTube video correctly — i.e. either by way of the video string (as you yourself have shown higher up) between "[youtube]" tags or by way of the full URL between "[video]" tags — then yes, YouTube will always work, in every browser.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (28th February 2018), enjoy being (27th February 2018), WantDisclosure (27th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Well, if they embed the YouTube video correctly — i.e. either by way of the video string (as you yourself have shown higher up) between "[youtube]" tags or by way of the full URL between "[video]" tags — then yes, YouTube will always work, in every browser.
    But with Vimeo and DailyMotion, we most likely are going to have a problem, unfortunately?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th February 2018), Elen (28th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    The only times my links have not embedded is when I have intentionally not wanted them to be embedded... OR I have tried to manually create them/edit the tags. I'm reasonably sure that when I have done that I have done them correctly and have begun to presume that manually editing them creates some sort of error, so I just stick with using the filmstrip button nowadays.

Sorry maybe these collection of posts should be shifted into the thread about video embedding?
    Last edited by enjoy being, 27th February 2018 at 13:13.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th February 2018), Elen (28th February 2018), WantDisclosure (27th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Is this what you're talking about?

Attachment 1990

Blue Avians dot com actually links to Gaia, I see.

And looking at Sphere Being Alliance dot com, I don't know what you're talking about.

The only other URL I see is for the Empowered Light Holistic Expo itself, which is Empowered Light dot com.

I did see in the video that tons of products by vendors is shown on the floor of the expo.

Corey Goode was a speaker at the expo. Are you associating him with the products sold by the vendors at that expo?
    Well, in a brief look at it, I can’t find it now either. I’m going to get on the Big Mac later today and convince myself it was real or not. iPads are convenient but limited, and I’m on the iPad now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2018), Elen (28th February 2018), WantDisclosure (27th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    But with Vimeo and DailyMotion, we most likely are going to have a problem, unfortunately?
    At least for the time being, and depending on the browser you use. I have found that I can see embedded Vimeo and DailyMotion videos here at the forum if I use Firefox as my browser, but I cannot see them with Pale Moon. Conversely, Pale Moon does show those very same videos over at our sister forum Eye-Rise.

If you are having problems with Vimeo and DailyMotion with the Firefox or Chrome browsers here at The One Truth, then it's most likely a permissions issue in Firefox. You must enter the permissions section of either Firefox or Chrome, and explicitly enable Shockwave Flash for jandeane81.com. Modern browsers commonly have Shockwave Flash disabled by default because the format has time and time again proven to be a security and privacy hazard, and Adobe — the company behind this media format — is horrible at fixing these things.

YouTube on the other hand now uses HTML5 for video rendering, in which case the video is rendered at the server end, not by (a plugin in) your browser. It does however still support Shockwave Flash as a fallback for older browsers.

Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    The only times my links have not embedded is when I have intentionally not wanted them to be embedded... OR I have tried to manually create them/edit the tags. I'm reasonably sure that when I have done that I have done them correctly and have begun to presume that manually editing them creates some sort of error, so I just stick with using the filmstrip button nowadays.

Sorry maybe these collection of posts should be shifted into the thread about video embedding?
    I've just checked the last few pages of this thread, and there's no way of doing that really without disrupting the natural flow of the conversation, unless I start cutting up individual posts. So it's best to let it stand and simply return...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th February 2018), Elen (28th February 2018), WantDisclosure (27th February 2018)