Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: An Overview by Preston James PhD of Veterans Today

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It's funny because Rachel is about as outside the norm of news anchors as she could be. She had a radio program on Air America and she loved it. That's what she wanted to do. She had a voice for radio and never wanted to be on TV. She first came on MSNBC as a guest of Keith Olbermann. Then she filled in for him a couple times. That was her entree.

She's a lesbian. She has a boy haircut. She doesn't wear makeup, only for the show because she has to. She never wears dresses. She wears jeans and a top and puts on a jacket for the show. She never stands because you'd see her jeans.

She writes her own show, and re-writes, and re-writes again because the news cycles aren't normal anymore.

She's very smart and that rubs some people the wrong way. She's not arrogant about it. She has no problem admitting a mistake or that she doesn't understand something.

I don't have much reason to listen to Rush for very long because he's so predictable. He will be spouting the latest spin while ensuring listeners remain as actively outraged about all things liberal as humanly possible. It's very predictable. I don't know that he actually brings much in the way of info into the debate. He's mostly about emotion. Like Alex Jones.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th March 2018), Elen (10th March 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It's funny because Rachel is about as outside the norm of news anchors as she could be. She had a radio program on Air America and she loved it. That's what she wanted to do. She had a voice for radio and never wanted to be on TV. She first came on MSNBC as a guest of Keith Olbermann. Then she filled in for him a couple times. That was her entree.

She's a lesbian. She has a boy haircut. She doesn't wear makeup, only for the show because she has to. She never wears dresses. She wears jeans and a top and puts on a jacket for the show. She never stands because you'd see her jeans.

She writes her own show, and re-writes, and re-writes again because the news cycles aren't normal anymore.

She's very smart and that rubs some people the wrong way. She's not arrogant about it. She has no problem admitting a mistake or that she doesn't understand something.

I don't have much reason to listen to Rush for very long because he's so predictable. He will be spouting the latest spin while ensuring listeners remain as actively outraged about all things liberal as humanly possible. It's very predictable. I don't know that he actually brings much in the way of info into the debate. He's mostly about emotion. Like Alex Jones.
    Yeah, the GF and I were watching when Rachel transitioned from Air America to Olbermann to her own show. That was before I became the alt-world, granola eating, tin-hat, airy-fairy I am now. But, I like Rachel too. I’m trying to love sinners lately.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2018), Dreamtimer (11th March 2018), Elen (10th March 2018)