Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to go while awaiting the End of the World: New Zealand

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Yeah eh. I don't really follow elections and political spiels deeply so it was news to me while reading that article. However with a little digging into other features about her, she is asked about it properly and it turns out she renounced organised religion "some time in her 20's" while flatting with 3 gay friends, sighting doing either her parents religion a disservice or her friends a disservice. She calls herself agnostic now and mentions not thinking she could ever belong to a religion again, and something about having a few issues with the mormon faith.

The silly chilly. Well I am astounded that the drunken fool gave the police his name, the thing certainly wouldn't have had a license plate. Though I guess it is the law to identify yourself when suspected of a crime if requested? See I don't know the laws to the letter there, and sometimes applying common sense means I am wrong.
    I am guessing they were half lenient on him, just fining him and not taking away his license, to avoid the public outcry, and maybe because he co-operated with the identity thing.
    Also I note the road he was on is in an area where that sort of behaviour is not surprising. I also note it is around the corner from IWD - Ivan Watkins Dow ltd. Though I think it is called Dow Elanco these days. It is a chemical plant, in fact, the main chemical plant that batched up DDT *oh, sorry I meant 245T, though they did make DDT too* for the American army's Agent Orange toxin for the Vietnam War. Now the likelihood is of course that any connection is tenuous and only to do with real estate and "rougher minded" people affording to live around there, rather than the chemical plant making them silly, but hey, work mentioning. Yep, we have chemical plants down here too. :-(
    I’d get my soils tested. Every chemical plant is a toxic waste area. Seriously.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th February 2018), Elen (17th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2018), enjoy being (17th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Last edited by enjoy being, 9th June 2018 at 06:54.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th February 2018), Dreamtimer (17th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (17th February 2018), Elen (17th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2018)