Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did You Guys Watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Anyone who wants to research the origins of the hippe generation in the 60s has to read this well researched book:

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream

https://www.amazon.com/Weird-Scenes-.../dp/1909394122

...then at the end of it, if you still think it all happened as some spontaneous young backlash to the war accompanied by all these cool musicians, I'll mark you down as totally assimulated.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), JRS (11th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (10th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    The 60's in NZ was pretty clean from what I have seen and heard. Most people just drank alcohol, and not in huge amounts. Sure there were a few into the wacky backy, but very few.
    Even as a 70's child who missed the 60's, it is pretty clearly obvious that it was co-opted. It was the next logical step after the 1st and 2nd world war psyops. Sometimes it seems no one really gets what one of the key missions of those wars was.
    That was to wrestle the people away from their communities, to kill the notion of close knit. We had WW1 which set the bar, bringing back the shell shocked heroes and creating emotional attachment to the misery. Just look at the tombstones of the period. Whole families lost. So the resolve was created, the sons of the fathers went to war again, the honourable thing to do, for god and for country, and for some, for the king. A battle for freedom. A big publicity stunt for democracy, with capitalism waiting in the wings. Bring back the boys after the 2nd WW, and have them as the shells of heroes, not wanting to have any more drama, not wanting any more violence or upset. Amidst the celebrations the eye then was taken off the ball, and the 'New Vibration' of indoctrinating the kids began. Simple, extend the party and strip them away from their parents.

That has happened constantly in a cycle for some time. We all could quote a few lines where people have spoken about using the chaos to rearrange the chairs while everything is in flux, of having control of the children to have control of the future.

In amongst it we could add the xmas psyop of having a fictional santa that the kids get lied to about. The first let down, the first time they are fooled and gain a resentment for the idea of magic. I believe things like that are big contributers to all the backs that get turned away from belief in the 'magical', swapped out with cynicism.

From the 60's and the seeded version, the 70's we then moved onto the 80's, where we had madonna, living in a material world. Hair and makeup came back, image came back. The walkman arrived, we had individualism making a run for it. That aint working, get your Money for nothing and you cheques for free.

You see how it all rolled out. And yes the new hippie movement eventually came. As you see Fred, I watched your video. The age of awakening, man, I have never really got down with that hysterical ceiling people go to. One minute we are there in a discussion about consciousness and perception, and having a reunion with ourselves, hoping to find those bits that are genuine, after all the manipulations, and all of a sudden we get all these hysterical damaged souls crying out for magical saviours that are going to fairy dust away the darkness! I see it as an attempt to create a drug induced psychosis, without the drugs, just going purely on the damaged emotions of people who have popped out of the 80's and 90's.
    Emotions started with hopes and promises, Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..
    Music doesn't have that any more. We have consumer fears and lust pumped down the airwaves, blended with rebellion and division. Protest songs are refined... if any artist slips through the gaps, they send Taylor or one of the other slaves to do whatever they do. Like with say, Lorde. Not really my thing, but those lyrics were a bit of a run for the perimeter fence.

Many year ago it was worked out the power of song and oratory. It indeed will make us cry or jump for joy, or head bang. It is a beautiful thing, something which makes us human.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dreamtimer (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    This is a short video I did on that very subject a little ways back:
    Aw man. I was so gonna ride that wave. Body surfing.

Well, at least you got the work on yourself part right. On a smaller scale, it's the way to remedy the current divisions, if each person just decides to talk and listen. On a bigger scale, if we all become a lot more loving and enlightened, we'd make massive changes. It'd be kinda like a wave, eh?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Fred Steeves (11th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), sandy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Agree Dreamtimer, so many impatient people. (I don't mean Fred)
    "I'm not feeling anything, I gave the world 10 years to completely change and nothing has happened". That seems to be a common thing and what I was trying to allude to.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 11th February 2018 at 01:25.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dreamtimer (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

Thumbs Up

Wow, even though many of you tend to go off-topic on other threads, for an off-topic thread, this one's really got some good stuff on it, which illustrates why The One Truth is such a great forum. Hey, if La Casa Del Sombrero™ can periodically praise itself, then we can too.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for the intelligent discourse, and Fred for his wise words in the video, but I wanted to comment on one little thing that Nothing wrote.

Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    [...]

From the 60's and the seeded version, the 70's we then moved onto the 80's, where we had madonna, living in a material world. Hair and makeup came back, image came back. The walkman arrived, we had individualism making a run for it. That aint working, get your Money for nothing and you cheques for free.

[...]
    There's clearly a pattern of repeating cycles, but in this case, it's a perversion of the Yin/Yang dynamic. They've got humanity running all the way from one end of the basin to the other end and back again, just like the water in the oceans gets sloshed around by the gravitational effects from the moon and gives us different tides.

High tide in the west is low tide in the east, and high tide in the east is low tide in the west. And it works just like dangling a carrot in front of a horse's face, too. After all, the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

What baffles me is that humanity never seems to realize that all these tendencies are cyclic, and that what goes around, must, will and always does come around again. You can even see this dynamic in economics. Politicians have their mouths full about economic growth, but with finite resources, you cannot have economic growth without that there would be an economic recession elsewhere, and vice versa.

When people get sloshed around like the water in a basin, they don't have the mental acuity to stand up and say "Stop, we will have no more of this!" Or as Adolf Hitler said, "Arbeit macht frei" — i.e. doing labor liberates you from existential contemplations. People are too busy trying to stay upright as the tidal waves push them in one direction or the other, and with their noses right on top of it, they even get tempted to enjoy the ride when the tide happens to appear favorable to them.

When I was a young boy, my dad went out working and my mom stayed home to clean the house, do the shopping, cook the food and do the laundry. Then the whole feminism thing came around and women wanted to have careers, just like men. And what happened? With two incomes instead of one, people were able to buy more stuff and go on vacation longer, or to more exotic places. So the prices went up. And now couples cannot even afford anymore to have one partner stay at home and run the household while the other one goes out to work.

So now, with both partners having to go out to work, the corporations benefit from an increase in productivity, but it's still just as hard to buy stuff as before, because the prices have all gone up. And in the evening, when both partners come home exhausted from a hard day at work, there's no time anymore to properly raise the children.

No, you come home, you take a shower — maybe a little bit of sports before that — and you have your dinner and you switch on the TV, which shows you a couple of fragments of mindless entertainment in between the commercial blocks that are meant to convince you to spend more money on stuff that you don't even really need.

Raising the kids is the school's job. But the school says that it's the parents' job. So now we've got a whole generation of daycare kids who haven't been taught anything about ethics, and who have been spoiled rotten with useless toys when they were little — as recompense for the fact that their parents couldn't really spare the time to give them an upbringing, as well as because the magic of birthdays and Christmas somehow got lost in the never-ending onslaught from the advertising industry, with ads specifically targeting children and making them yearn for the same toys that the other kid from across the street has.

Anyway, I digress. But what I'm getting at is that evolution does not always mean improvement. It is most often just being sloshed around from one situation to another. And that's what happened with the hippies too. The drugs made it happen. They couldn't see that they were being manipulated by the very establishment they were supposedly standing up against.

And now look at many of those former hippies. Do the names Larry Ellison, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates ring a bell? They were hippies too at the time. And you can rest assured that they've done their share of acid trips. And they all grew out to be the very same type of sharks that they protested against while they were hippies.

Soviet communism, same thing. It was supposed to provide the answer to the exploitation by oligarchs, aristocrats and fascists, and then ended up becoming the very thing they had been protesting and revolting against. If you haven't read George Orwell's "Animal Farm", then I seriously recommend it. "All animals are equal" became "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

And what about the foundation of the United States of America, which was supposed to become "the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Even its very origins as a nation were corrupted, because the European white man either massacred the natives of North America or drove them into reservations, stole the land that these natives had been living on in harmony with nature, and then abducted people from their homes and families in Africa to work said stolen land as slaves. So freedom for whom? And where is the bravery in abduction and racial subjugation? And what about "Republican president, Democratic president, Republican president, Democratic president"? Good cop, bad cop, good cop, bad cop?

And what about the Abrahamic religions? First there was Judaism. Heroic, but with an unforgiving and often cruel deity. Then came along Christianity, and Jesus — if he ever really existed, then his name would have been Yeshua, because "Jesus" is a Latinized name — preached forgiveness, tolerance and patience. And then that very same Christianity went on to become a ruthless empire that conquered half of the planet, brutally, gratuitously and cruelly tortured and murdered people, and stifled all scientific knowledge for 800 years wherever it contradicted Roman Catholic lore. Even kings and queens feared Rome.

But even before the Roman Catholic empire became the ruler of the entire West, there already was another variant of the Abrahamic religion. And it was by far not as tolerant and forgiving as how Christianity started out. And it, too, started spreading, just like Catholicism. And it, too, has committed some of the most horrible crimes against humanity — and still is, at the hands of some of its worst fanatics, such as the Wahhabi.

My point is that there's always a pattern. Hegel already said something to the effect of history repeating itself for those who choose to ignore it. Mankind has been ignoring its own history for way too long, and they're still doing it. I agree with Fred in that regard. The great ascension et al isn't going to happen, and looking unto saviors is merely a denial of your own responsibility in it all. The magic lies within ourselves, and that is what we should look to.

Here are some words to contemplate, and they are mine — this does not come from any talking head... When you make a circular motion in a flat plane, then you're always going to end up right back where you started. However, if you add another dimension that is perpendicular to the flat plane, then your motion of going around won't be a circle anymore. It'll be a helix, and you won't end up arriving back at the same point as whence you started. Going around will then lead you to a whole new and very different level instead.

P.S.: KeepTrying, I am going to move this thread to News & Updates, because it is too on-topic for the Off-Topic forum.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Fred Steeves (11th February 2018), sandy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018), Zebowho (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Any deep state symbolism? This is their next big chance to show something after the old Hyperbowl mega-champion evil empire Patriots lost 33-41 (33 referencing the highest Masonic level over come by the nearest Penta number 5=4+1, man within the system perfect number) and Philly never having won a Hyperbowl before and NO illuminatti symbolism in Timberlake's halftime show.
    I noticed both the score and the non-sexed-out-and-not-full-of-weird-symbolism halftime show.

I liked Justin's performance in particular because the costumes were colorful and covering (I'm not a prude and it's not burlesque time either) there was a lot of positive energy and audience involvement, and the Prince segment was in good taste in my opinion. The purple lights forming his symbol were lovely, imo.

My husband and I used to watch opening Olympics Ceremonies together. We haven't in recent years. I think he was turned off by the abuse scandal. I need to watch it. It sounds like it was beautiful.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Nice post Aragorn, that supplied a lot of filler to what I was alluding to, a good way of describing the dynamic.
    The different versions of each cycle offer different lessons. Ones which as you point out, we may or may not be collectively learning. Plenty of things are about repetition I guess. But it would be useful for more to realise the repetition. Though, some of it I see in that respect, requirement for it to feel new.
    "Right peoples! Do the same, but this time we are going to give you this, and take away that... and GO!"
    Some of it is because there really is only one set of lessons. But we fail to learn them. Or we catch on to ways to side step lessons. I think it comes down to all those things like, Know yourself, be true, be of grace, be patient, be honest, be not afraid, be accountable.. the battle between dark and light with different wallpaper. A bit like the movie, "Lemony Snicket's A series of Unfortunate Events".
    I feel that each time, a prop or training wheel, or safety net, is removed. And an image I've used before for the present, is a dash across no-mans-land out in the open with no protection or line to follow.

I loved your analogy turning a merry-go-round into a helix. :thumbsup:

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dreamtimer (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The 60's in NZ was pretty clean from what I have seen and heard. Most people just drank alcohol, and not in huge amounts. Sure there were a few into the wacky backy, but very few.
    Even as a 70's child who missed the 60's, it is pretty clearly obvious that it was co-opted. It was the next logical step after the 1st and 2nd world war psyops. Sometimes it seems no one really gets what one of the key missions of those wars was.
    That was to wrestle the people away from their communities, to kill the notion of close knit. We had WW1 which set the bar, bringing back the shell shocked heroes and creating emotional attachment to the misery. Just look at the tombstones of the period. Whole families lost. So the resolve was created, the sons of the fathers went to war again, the honourable thing to do, for god and for country, and for some, for the king. A battle for freedom. A big publicity stunt for democracy, with capitalism waiting in the wings. Bring back the boys after the 2nd WW, and have them as the shells of heroes, not wanting to have any more drama, not wanting any more violence or upset. Amidst the celebrations the eye then was taken off the ball, and the 'New Vibration' of indoctrinating the kids began. Simple, extend the party and strip them away from their parents.

That has happened constantly in a cycle for some time. We all could quote a few lines where people have spoken about using the chaos to rearrange the chairs while everything is in flux, of having control of the children to have control of the future.

In amongst it we could add the xmas psyop of having a fictional santa that the kids get lied to about. The first let down, the first time they are fooled and gain a resentment for the idea of magic. I believe things like that are big contributers to all the backs that get turned away from belief in the 'magical', swapped out with cynicism.

You see how it all rolled out. And yes the new hippie movement eventually came. As you see Fred, I watched your video. The age of awakening, man, I have never really got down with that hysterical ceiling people go to. One minute we are there in a discussion about consciousness and perception, and having a reunion with ourselves, hoping to find those bits that are genuine, after all the manipulations, and all of a sudden we get all these hysterical damaged souls crying out for magical saviours that are going to fairy dust away the darkness! I see it as an attempt to create a drug induced psychosis, without the drugs, just going purely on the damaged emotions of people who have popped out of the 80's and 90's.
    Emotions started with hopes and promises, Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..
    Music doesn't have that any more. We have consumer fears and lust pumped down the airwaves, blended with rebellion and division. Protest songs are refined... if any artist slips through the gaps, they send Taylor or one of the other slaves to do whatever they do. Like with say, Lorde. Not really my thing, but those lyrics were a bit of a run for the perimeter fence.

Many year ago it was worked out the power of song and oratory. It indeed will make us cry or jump for joy, or head bang. It is a beautiful thing, something which makes us human.
    no doubt, my feeling has always been the counter-revolution ended in the 60's. I was just catching the dream and it was already over... but I never let it go. As the song 'Cherokee nation' goes, I believe it will return...in a new world order of peace, propserity, and guaranteed equal outcome. It will happen or we will not survive to become a higher order species.

Oh well, at least North and South Korea are marching together.
    North Korea is in the process of trying to convince the South that Trump's America is insane and that they would be better off aligning with them. Trump's work is working! 3-d chess indeed, Mr Dumpster.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Wow, even though many of you tend to go off-topic on other threads, for an off-topic thread, this one's really got some good stuff on it, which illustrates why The One Truth is such a great forum. Hey, if La Casa Del Sombrero™ can periodically praise itself, then we can too.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for the intelligent discourse, and Fred for his wise words in the video, but I wanted to comment on one little thing that Nothing wrote.

There's clearly a pattern of repeating cycles, but in this case, it's a perversion of the Yin/Yang dynamic. They've got humanity running all the way from one end of the basin to the other end and back again, just like the water in the oceans gets sloshed around by the gravitational effects from the moon and gives us different tides.

High tide in the west is low tide in the east, and high tide in the east is low tide in the west. And it works just like dangling a carrot in front of a horse's face, too. After all, the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

What baffles me is that humanity never seems to realize that all these tendencies are cyclic, and that what goes around, must, will and always does come around again. You can even see this dynamic in economics. Politicians have their mouths full about economic growth, but with finite resources, you cannot have economic growth without that there would be an economic recession elsewhere, and vice versa.

When people get sloshed around like the water in a basin, they don't have the mental acuity to stand up and say "Stop, we will have no more of this!" Or as Adolf Hitler said, "Arbeit macht frei" — i.e. doing labor liberates you from existential contemplations. People are too busy trying to stay upright as the tidal waves push them in one direction or the other, and with their noses right on top of it, they even get tempted to enjoy the ride when the tide happens to appear favorable to them.

When I was a young boy, my dad went out working and my mom stayed home to clean the house, do the shopping, cook the food and do the laundry. Then the whole feminism thing came around and women wanted to have careers, just like men. And what happened? With two incomes instead of one, people were able to buy more stuff and go on vacation longer, or to more exotic places. So the prices went up. And now couples cannot even afford anymore to have one partner stay at home and run the household while the other one goes out to work.

So now, with both partners having to go out to work, the corporations benefit from an increase in productivity, but it's still just as hard to buy stuff as before, because the prices have all gone up. And in the evening, when both partners come home exhausted from a hard day at work, there's no time anymore to properly raise the children.

No, you come home, you take a shower — maybe a little bit of sports before that — and you have your dinner and you switch on the TV, which shows you a couple of fragments of mindless entertainment in between the commercial blocks that are meant to convince you to spend more money on stuff that you don't even really need.

Raising the kids is the school's job. But the school says that it's the parents' job. So now we've got a whole generation of daycare kids who haven't been taught anything about ethics, and who have been spoiled rotten with useless toys when they were little — as recompense for the fact that their parents couldn't really spare the time to give them an upbringing, as well as because the magic of birthdays and Christmas somehow got lost in the never-ending onslaught from the advertising industry, with ads specifically targeting children and making them yearn for the same toys that the other kid from across the street has.

Anyway, I digress. But what I'm getting at is that evolution does not always mean improvement. It is most often just being sloshed around from one situation to another. And that's what happened with the hippies too. The drugs made it happen. They couldn't see that they were being manipulated by the very establishment they were supposedly standing up against.

And now look at many of those former hippies. Do the names Larry Ellison, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates ring a bell? They were hippies too at the time. And you can rest assured that they've done their share of acid trips. And they all grew out to be the very same type of sharks that they protested against while they were hippies.

Soviet communism, same thing. It was supposed to provide the answer to the exploitation by oligarchs, aristocrats and fascists, and then ended up becoming the very thing they had been protesting and revolting against. If you haven't read George Orwell's "Animal Farm", then I seriously recommend it. "All animals are equal" became "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

And what about the foundation of the United States of America, which was supposed to become "the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Even its very origins as a nation were corrupted, because the European white man either massacred the natives of North America or drove them into reservations, stole the land that these natives had been living on in harmony with nature, and then abducted people from their homes and families in Africa to work said stolen land as slaves. So freedom for whom? And where is the bravery in abduction and racial subjugation? And what about "Republican president, Democratic president, Republican president, Democratic president"? Good cop, bad cop, good cop, bad cop?

And what about the Abrahamic religions? First there was Judaism. Heroic, but with an unforgiving and often cruel deity. Then came along Christianity, and Jesus — if he ever really existed, then his name would have been Yeshua, because "Jesus" is a Latinized name — preached forgiveness, tolerance and patience. And then that very same Christianity went on to become a ruthless empire that conquered half of the planet, brutally, gratuitously and cruelly tortured and murdered people, and stifled all scientific knowledge for 800 years wherever it contradicted Roman Catholic lore. Even kings and queens feared Rome.

But even before the Roman Catholic empire became the ruler of the entire West, there already was another variant of the Abrahamic religion. And it was by far not as tolerant and forgiving as how Christianity started out. And it, too, started spreading, just like Catholicism. And it, too, has committed some of the most horrible crimes against humanity — and still is, at the hands of some of its worst fanatics, such as the Wahhabi.

My point is that there's always a pattern. Hegel already said something to the effect of history repeating itself for those who choose to ignore it. Mankind has been ignoring its own history for way too long, and they're still doing it. I agree with Fred in that regard. The great ascension et al isn't going to happen, and looking unto saviors is merely a denial of your own responsibility in it all. The magic lies within ourselves, and that is what we should look to.

Here are some words to contemplate, and they are mine — this does not come from any talking head... When you make a circular motion in a flat plane, then you're always going to end up right back where you started. However, if you add another dimension that is perpendicular to the flat plane, then your motion of going around won't be a circle anymore. It'll be a helix, and you won't end up arriving back at the same point as whence you started. Going around will then lead you to a whole new and very different level instead.

P.S.: KeepTrying, I am going to move this thread to News & Updates, because it is too on-topic for the Off-Topic forum.
    Daycare, Aragorn. My personal belief that if and when society transits the daycare era, they will look back and ask themselves, "My God, what did we do!" My daughter being in daycare was easily the most traumatic period of my life.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), WantDisclosure (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    This is a short video I did on that very subject a little ways back:
    White microdot...oh, yeah..."How can something so small get me f*cked up!" - famous last words from a close friend...BEFORE the trip....

I was gonna say, Tommie James sure does look a lot like Fred...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Fred Steeves (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Anyone who wants to research the origins of the hippe generation in the 60s has to read this well researched book:

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream

https://www.amazon.com/Weird-Scenes-.../dp/1909394122

...then at the end of it, if you still think it all happened as some spontaneous young backlash to the war accompanied by all these cool musicians, I'll mark you down as totally assimulated.
    Oh, a question regards this book. How much did someone like Carol King feature in there. Seems like she and her husband Jerry Goffin wrote half of the songs of the 60's!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th February 2018), Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Oh, a question regards this book. How much did someone like Carol King feature in there. Seems like she and her husband Jerry Goffin wrote half of the songs of the 60's!
    She is mentioned, but not a lot of ink was dedicated to her or her hubby. A sentence or two, maybe.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th February 2018), Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th February 2018), enjoy being (12th February 2018), Kathy (14th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    An Olympics related observation.
    Gee I have been bad, relapsing into watching small amounts of TV after a majority of years of not watching anything.

Anyhow, amongst the snippets I have caught regards N Korea's cheer leaders and their 'possible' political grandstanding, and while also thinking about the different religions around the world. And what people might say if some Muslims were waving religious banners..
    I just wanted to point out the few times I have seen some of the American olympic supporters waving a banner nice and clearly up in the cameras face saying "Jesus = Heaven, No Jesus = Hell".

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th February 2018), Dreamtimer (13th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Kathy (14th February 2018), WantDisclosure (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    American Christians are going over the edge, imo. They believe it's the end times and want to bring it forth. They have to 'witness' or they might go to hell themselves. Thus they are compelled to proselytize constantly.

As I've said, the injection of this population into active politics is very dangerous.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th February 2018), enjoy being (13th February 2018), Kathy (14th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It's an odd one maybe, you have athletes in snowboarding pointing at their sponsors logo's and pointing at links to political agendas. It appears to be okay to push politics and commercialism of products, and sure, all that with them being the athletes and having sponsors n all, the hashtag link to free some imprisoned rap star was a bit of a curve ball..
    I guess the big distinguishing factor is the banner of Heaven and Hell is that they are inferring all others are going to hell, the push their agenda by insulting others. And that's extremely irresponsible and crass, and very unchristian I would expect. More people embracing the fear addiction, failing to 'work on themselves', promoting division.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th February 2018), Dreamtimer (13th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (13th February 2018), Kathy (14th February 2018), sandy (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    It's an odd one maybe, you have athletes in snowboarding pointing at their sponsors logo's and pointing at links to political agendas. It appears to be okay to push politics and commercialism of products, and sure, all that with them being the athletes and having sponsors n all, the hashtag link to free some imprisoned rap star was a bit of a curve ball..
    I guess the big distinguishing factor is the banner of Heaven and Hell is that they are inferring all others are going to hell, the push their agenda by insulting others. And that's extremely irresponsible and crass, and very unchristian I would expect. More people embracing the fear addiction, failing to 'work on themselves', promoting division.
    Christian folks can’t help it, they’ve been indoctrinated in a skitzo-God-cult of “God of Love - God of Fear” religion. Damning others is easy when you’ve been damned yourself.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th February 2018), Dreamtimer (13th February 2018), Kathy (14th February 2018)