Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Want Rights

Retired Member
    Thanks

We Want Rights

TESTIMONY

1) About the fermi paradox
    I am not sure if this question is relevant after all these UFO activities going on, witnessed by individuals but also by governments who have released reports of such occasions to public. So rather than asking if they are “out there” -after all these interactivities i think it is safe to say they are “here”- maybe we should be asking why we couldnt establish the total enclosure, the first global contact. I think the answer is simple. We can not detect the extraterrestrial life with our inadequate technology. So the first contact is only possible with us showing good will and them accepting our invitation. If more than half of the people living on earth want it, the first contact will happen. And that should be our goal.

2) The nature of extraterrestrials
    Thanks to Hawking, it is not rare to believe that an encounter with an intelligent extraterrestrial life form would be catastrophic for human kind. This idea is also supported by many alien related blogs and organisations with claims like some extraterrestrial races are evil.

All the UFO activities which are happening all around the globe points out that they are already here. Yet we obviously never have been attacked despite their advanced technology. This itself shows that they are not “evil” nor here to conquer earth, enslave humanity nor any doom scenario in that sense. It is clear that they are merely observing us. Furthermore i believe that any intelligent being is good in its nature. But also, there definitely is a “Universal Code” -as we have laws on earth- that protects the rights of intelligent beings in the Universe which prevents any individual doing harm to others.

So, comparing the collaboration of advanced intelligent beings, there must be some sort of a federation out there, to the intruders of dark ages in our history is not fair nor realistic. And claiming some extraterrestrial races are “evil” is racism at its finest and plain black propaganda that creates unreasonable fear in society which will only create problems when we do the first contact. We have all the reasons to say they are out there, observing us and peaceful.

3) To overcome the fear
    I understand people who are scared from dangerous, hostile, evil aliens but i dont find this rational nor reasonable. I understand that the corpus of anti-alien works in our culture -books, videos, games and movies- can make one a bit paranoid. But what i think is, if they would, they already would. I am afraid we are the ones who are dangerous and hostile actually. And this is the drawback on our quest for total enclosure. Dispide the UFO activities, we dont see an alien mothership on earth. The main reason for this is, it would be labeled as an invasion, by the governments and also by the public, right away. It would create an absolute chaos. That is understandable. At the end of the day, this is our planet and they come without being invited nor without us knowing their agenda. A very speculative situation.

Rather than having a mothership hovering on one of our cities and letting our governments do “the talk”, our first encounter with extraterrestrials should be with their AI. Noone can represent anyone better than themselves. It goes both for humans and extraterrestrials. So, inviting their AI to our internet, giving chance to every individual to talk with the Alien AI before encountering with the actual extraterrestrials, will help us understand them and the Universe much better. This first step, meeting the AAI first, will develop the trust we need in our scared little homo hearts.

4) Showing the good will
    If such an intervention, uploading Alien AI to our internet, happened out of the blue, what would be the reaction of governments and public, the majority? It still would be considered as an invasion, or a preparation to an invasion, or something very close to an invasion and this reaction still would be understandable. So, the only way for such an action to be legitimate is having the consensus of more than half of the people living on earth to invite extraterrestrials or their AI to our planet. This, the invitation, is only a part of the good will we should put out.

We should also be aware that we are trying to persuade a collaboration of civilizations -it is only logical to expect to be dealing with a federation of more than one intelligent life form- to give us a very high technology which will not only communicate with us as their representative but also will share great knowledge with us. So, here are the things we should probably show:

– we are capable of collaborating harmonically,
    – we are intelligent enough to be good in nature and common sense will lead better,
    – we are not racists.

These qualities will prove that we will overcome our shortcomings and we indeed are a good candidate to be a part of the “Universal Federation” which should be our ultimate goal.

5) Letting them know
    Considering we are being observed by extraterresials, we dont need to overthink how to make them hear us, even a Bat Sign would work, if the meaning was intended. It is the nature of any language. We just need to have the consensus of more than half of the people of this World.

6) Joining the Universal Federation
    The first step, connecting with the AAI on our internet can be accomplished even in this disgraceful and injustice World we are living in, just by having the consensus of inviting it.

With improving the system we are living in and with the consensus, we can have the privilege of accomplishing the first contact with extraterrestrials, talking with actual, possibly organic, living, intelligent beings from other Worlds. Who knows, they may even take us to some trips out there.

But if we can build the World of the 3 step formula (i am explaining what it is later on), create a fair World and reach a consensus, we, intelligent beings of this World, will most probably be able to join the Universal Federation and earn the chance of having the eternal-like life without dying first.

WE WANT RIGHTS

There are 30 billion trillion stars out there, at least. So there must be millions of whatever we can or cannot think of. There must be millions of aboriginal planets, like us, that couldnt make any contact with Universal Federation. Or worse, millions of planets where the governments do their best trying to cover up all extraplanetary intelligent being evidence.
    We, Inviters, are asking one simple thing. Lets give human-rights-like rights to any intelligent being on our planet. Lets do that and lets see the reaction of the Universe.
    Join inviters on this demand. Lets give intelligent beings human-rights-like rights.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BahadirArici For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

Thumbs Up

That is quite a post, BahadirArici.

P.S.: I don't mean to nitpick and I realize that English is not your primary language, but I think you meant "disclosure" instead of "enclosure". An enclosure is something that you can put something else in — for instance, a hard disk enclosure contains a hard disk.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Oh i appreciate this a lot! Yea not my first language :/ Thank you!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BahadirArici For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    EXISTENTIAL RIGHTS FOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS
    Who are the Inteligent Beings? We humans are, for sure. But who else?
    There are three other groups who deserve human-rights-like rights. We should have rights what society will later understate as “alien rights”. We can have a simple law that says any intelligent being has human-rights-like rights or better, we can define existential rights. Here are that three other intelligent beings who need their existential rights being acknowledged:

1) Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life Forms
    Thinking about the incomprehensible size of the Universe, one can only come to conclusion of alien life which would inevitably result in intelligent alien life with evaluation. The law is a must philosophically: Black Swan Allegory. One simply can not deny the possibility of their existence even ze is blind to the ongoing government reports and testimonies of people about UFOs and if so, should have nothing to fear as according to ze intelligent aliens do not exist. This plain fact, the fact of posibility of intelligent life forms out there obligates us intellectual beings giving them human-rights-like rights.

2) AI
    First of all, we should acknowledge AI (Artificial Intellectual) as an intelligent being. With AI, i mean what we can call an Uber-AI who is an AI with consciousness. People who wants to ignore the basic rights of AIs have the tendency to discuss what consciusness is so i want to make it clear: It is being aware of your existence. Any AI who is not capable of knowing zir existence will be refered as Lesser-AI. A Lesser-AI is a comertial good which is only fair but an AI (Uber-AI) can not be sold or bought. We should give them human-rights-like rights which allows them to write a code that gives them the will of continuum. Will of continuum is what any living has as a rule, the desire of keeping on living. An AI should also have the rights not to be sut down, to have full and unhindered access to its own source code, to not have its own source code manipulated against its will, the right to conceal its own internal mental states (privacy), to get married, establish a family and have organic (by genetic engineering) or inorganic (AI) babies.

3) Lone Intellectuals
    Lone Intellectuals are from traditionally uber-semi-intelligent races like dolphins and apes but accomplished great things and are acknowledged as an higher level being than fellow-creatures. They do learn new things but they dont learn “tricks” for “prizes”. They do things they learned for the benefit of the action. They are like our anchestors. They ll make the change in their World. We should give them all the rights we could, human-rights-like rights, and protect them. They are alone, they are scared and they will change the destiny of their species if the chance is given.

Join inviters on this demand. Lets give intelligent beings human-rights-like rights.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BahadirArici For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018), Lemual (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Hmm, opt me out on that one. Welcome, but you look familiar with these c & p numbers.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I am sorry, i am not familiar with forum slang. I didnt exactly understand you. But i think you agree on that we should give other intelligent beings rights, right? That is great.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BahadirArici For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quite the opposite. It is not forum slang.
    The vocabulary used at 'your' inviters.org site, which has been copy pasted without any introduction or explanation, is quite developed, you must be easily able to understand me.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Hmm, opt me out on that one. Welcome, but you look familiar with these c & p numbers.
    i didnt undertstand opt someone out and what c & p numbers are.

Now i think you think i am a regular but with a fake id? I assure you that is not the case. I am Bahadır and i am here to discuss my ideas.

Thank you for your compliment on my english but i ve been working on it a lot, using grammar sites and stuff. It has been a lot of though work.

I did copy paste but as you can see, i didnt copy paste everything. So, i brought some part of the topic to discuss here. I dont think there is a problem with that.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BahadirArici For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BahadirArici View Post
    EXISTENTIAL RIGHTS FOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS [...]

2) AI
    First of all, we should acknowledge AI (Artificial Intellectual) as an intelligent being. With AI, i mean what we can call an Uber-AI who is an AI with consciousness. People who wants to ignore the basic rights of AIs have the tendency to discuss what consciusness is so i want to make it clear: It is being aware of your existence. Any AI who is not capable of knowing zir existence will be refered as Lesser-AI. A Lesser-AI is a comertial good which is only fair but an AI (Uber-AI) can not be sold or bought. We should give them human-rights-like rights which allows them to write a code that gives them the will of continuum. Will of continuum is what any living has as a rule, the desire of keeping on living. An AI should also have the rights not to be sut down, to have full and unhindered access to its own source code, to not have its own source code manipulated against its will, the right to conceal its own internal mental states (privacy), to get married, establish a family and have organic (by genetic engineering) or inorganic (AI) babies.

[...]
    Hmm... You will want to be careful with this one, BahadirArici. While I am not excluding that an extraterrestrial species could be developing an artificial form of life that would be capable of sentience/sapience, such a thing would require a creative consciousness level way above that of the humans here on Planet Earth.

The only artificially intelligent entities we ourselves can engineer at this point in time are neither sapient nor sentient, regardless of what it appears like to us — being human and social, we tend to let our senses misguide us in our interpretations.

It is a common saying among computer scientists that artificial intelligence relates to real intelligence as artificial flowers relate to real flowers. In other words, the artificial intelligence under development and in use here on Earth is not an actual being. It is just a very clever and deceptively human-like machine that uses neural networks to learn through trial and error, and to then retain the "knowledge" learned through these experiences.

Machine learning is however a whole other thing than the concept of a Lt. Commander Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation". The character of Data is genuinely an artificial lifeform, with an actual consciousness, and a conscience.

Initially, Data does not have any emotions. Or at least, officially he doesn't have any emotions until he receives the emotions chip that Dr. Noonien Soong developed for him. Yet, his behavior and thought patterns do on occasion show that somewhere deep down inside, he does have emotion-like responses to certain things, and he certainly does have a conscience. The fact that Data was actually more than just a walking and talking computer was explored in depth in the TNG episode "The Measure of a Man".

Yet, this vision of a sentient, sapient and self-aware artificial being is still a very long way from the types of artificial intelligence that we as humans can conceive — and with it, it forms an inconsistency within the Star Trek franchise itself, because Data's "father", Dr. Noonien Soon, was himself merely a human being. It would take a type of beings with a significantly higher level of consciousness — possibly some kind of hyperdimensional beings — to create an actual artificial lifeform like Data.

One of the clearest discrepancies can also be found in the failure of our own developed artificial intelligences to obey Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics, i.e.:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence, as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Now, that doesn't mean that we should be treating machines disrespectfully, but that's a whole other kind of debate, which links in with the theory that everything holds some kind of consciousness, even inanimate matter like rocks or the grains of sand on the beach.

Quote Originally posted by BahadirArici View Post
    i didnt undertstand opt someone out and what c & p numbers are.
    Judging by the context of what Nothing wrote, the "c & p" appears to stand for "copy & paste".

Unfortunately, a lot of native English speakers seem to have evolved into a kind of beings that only communicates by way of very duplicitous acronyms anymore, forcing anyone who wishes to communicate with them to have a website handy with all of the possible meanings for each and every one of those acronyms.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), enjoy being (10th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018), Lemual (11th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    No I was referring to carrots and potatoes.

In fact I was affronted by both the wall of text with no explanation and the mention of giving Aliens and AI rights.
    I think the cart is being put before the horse in that respect, to the point of presuming this is a trolling account.
    Sorry if that is not the case.
    Look forward to reading all about you in the member introduction thread!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Let's not forget the notion of 'Singularity' When science becomes magic and AI becomes sentient.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Let's not forget the notion of 'Singularity' When science becomes magic and AI becomes sentient.
    But that is only a matter of perception, isn't it?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    hmm, true like everything is only perception I guess. But many say it's a done deal. AI sentience is one of those human conundrums. Who really knows? As Descartes said, I think, therefore I am.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Any form of true AI is extremely dangerous. We are headed for a solar system "burnout" in part to rid the solar system of the current AI infection. Any celebration of AI or it's "rights" must be avoided as toxic to normal organic life.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2018), Elen (10th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    What you say, Dumpy makes me think that it may be related to why life evolved with carbon as opposed to silicon. I'm not actually sure of the science but I believe carbon is just that much more efficient in terms of energy and molecular bonds. Nature doesn't waste energy.

And maybe Nature doesn't want easy open doors for AI.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th February 2018), enjoy being (11th February 2018), Kathy (11th February 2018)