Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Analysis by Susan Duclos

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I also prefer brown rice because the hull is where most of the nutrients and all of the fiber is. Once it's hulled it's not far off from processed flour where they have to add the vitamins back in for there to even be any nutritional value. Thus 'enriched' bread and flour.

We're a complex biological system so I suspect each of us has to figure out how to handle nutritional challenges. There are toxins everywhere so cleaning the system periodically seems like a good idea.

Thanks for the article.
    I can tell you've done some homework on health.

I appreciate your input.

I have used Blessed Herbs in the past.

My problem now is lack of patience with the process.

If someone suggests something that sounds pleasant and easy, I'll jump at the idea!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    ...eat raw honey with cinnamon . . .
    I bought raw honey recently to use in a recipe.

Spread on something, it's delicious! It seems like a bunch of enzymes are shooting off in your mouth, like fireworks!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I got some raw honey recently and it went fast. I guess hubby liked it more than the regular. His mom used to do the hot lemon water with cayenne in the morning. Cinnamon is good, for sure.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I got some raw honey recently and it went fast. I guess hubby liked it more than the regular. His mom used to do the hot lemon water with cayenne in the morning. Cinnamon is good, for sure.
    Do not heat up the honey as you lose a lot of the benefits. I just went thru a bout with the flu. I had cin/honey on organic whole grain toast every day and kicked the flu's a$$ in a week and flu symptoms were never very strong.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 12th February 2018 at 21:11.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Do not heat up the honey as you lose a lot of the befefits.
    That's exactly what I did for the recipe, because it had to be in liquid form.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Love Honey. Have several tubs collected from different flowers. I just eat it by the spoonful usually. There's a big craze on Manuka honey worldwide, so my favourite has become a little pricey. As example that would be recommended, and can be used to sweeten my apple cider nips I take. Another good one is beet, I love it and prefer it raw and grated. Also B vitamins,

...and I was having a look... y'know, because it's so easy to look with the internet, and found mention that folic acid has shown great results in breaking down arsenic in the system. Jumping back to that arsenic in rice bit, which again is said to be a bit hard to overdose on and not to be too pedantic over. Rice is grown in wet conditions so it takes in more water than other grains, and water is one of the main places you will find arsenic 'naturally'. One or two articles listed places like Bangladesh, and the USA as places where their locally grown rice is subject to high levels of arsenic because of the groundwater supply being tainted.

Back to pinecone care, you'll see mention in places like the link I gave, of citric acid, or 7 lemons a day. WOAH.
    However, have you ever used citric acid to descale the white calcifications that can collect on things such as the tops of electric jugs you boil water in? If you haven't, try attempting to clean the scale off with something else first and see how much luck you have and then watch the success with citric acid.

During the summer in the place I live in at the moment, the sun is at an angle across the sky where it streams in through the thin curtains. I'm not about to purchase blackouts for a rented abode, so I peg up blankets to make the place I sleep in as dark as possible. Which I found was another helpful thing for caring for your pinecone. :-)

I just had a look at some of the benefits of honeys I have, which I should have done ages ago. I love Pohutukawa honey, so does the British queen apparently, it is predominantly an energy honey though. I have some beech dew honey which I quite like for its challenging musky flavour, but I found it is one of the best honeys for its content of antioxidants and good inhabitation of the intestine. I also have some chestnut honey which can be sometimes a dew type honey, and the flavour of the one I have does have the same musky taste. My latest honey pot I purchased is macadamia honey which is also has some great contents. I am glad to have got hold of that one, and glad to have finally looked up dew honey, cheaper than my manuka honey pottles, cheers for the prompting that discovery in this thread!
    Last edited by enjoy being, 12th February 2018 at 19:35.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (13th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), WantDisclosure (20th February 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Thank you for the observation, Nothing...my intuition has been working. Buy "stuff" from poor countries that can't afford the expensive pesticides is a great "rule of the thumb"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), enjoy being (18th February 2018), WantDisclosure (20th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You're welcome Elen.
    Though I did find some articles about the region of Punjab having issues with over doing production and drying out the water table which had caused some issues with uranium :-O
    And Bangladesh has had a few comments around of having a very high rate of arsenic poisoning within their people, though that is a few factors, namely eating too much rice and drinking contaminated water.

The title to the video is a bit unfortunate having the last few letters omitted in the view huh. :-S

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Elen (19th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2018), WantDisclosure (20th February 2018)