Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Analysis by Susan Duclos

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    No offence, but it is a matter of perception KeepTrying, I personally don't trust this fellow, my nickname I applied to him however is not intended as ridicule in the manner you appear to have chosen to label it. It is my way of lightening the load which this fellow is attempting to lump on listeners in the way he did. I find my apparent, ridicule to be far less of a threat than the tone of fear mongering and dramatisation which I pick up on from the way in which he has presented himself. In fact my wording to him, would be between him and myself rather than of concern to you. For it is your perception of my words which is the source of any offence you may be taking on his behalf.
    You need to keep in mind that you could possibly be wrong in your suspicion of him.

And if you are, you're doing harm by using ridicule—which is what name-calling is—because it shuts people up for no good reason.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I find this lecture regards your hang up with ridicule that you are attempting to give me, quite inappropriate. I will leave it at that.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Nowadays the packages warn to rinse the rice thoroughly and you can't put rice in your salt anymore because of the arsenic.
    This is news to me.

Not all rice, right?

I have a bag of Organic California White Basmati Rice. I don't see a warning on it. It's okay?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It is probably OK. You can look it up no doubt. I noticed my quinoa packages also say to rinse it thoroughly. There are recommendations to cook rice in lots of water, like pasta, in order to reduce the arsenic. It's in the bran part of the rice, apparently. I have not researched it in depth.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), enjoy being (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It is probably OK. You can look it up no doubt. I noticed my quinoa packages also say to rinse it thoroughly. There are recommendations to cook rice in lots of water, like pasta, in order to reduce the arsenic. It's in the bran part of the rice, apparently. I have not researched it in depth.
    Yep there's plenty of information on the topic out there.
    They say to cook with 6 - 1 ratio of water in a par boil rinse. Then cook in 2 cups water to 1 rice, and even rinse again.
    They mention brown rice being potentially worst.
    They mention the warning was really just a heads up to pregnant women and baby food.
    They mention that putting it in perspective it only really has stats of affecting 4 people over their lifetime in 100000.
    They mention that some countries drink arsenic contaminated water and grow their rice in that contaminated water.
    They mention that scientists have worked out some molecular presence and are going to GM rice that will have no or low arsenic. lol
    Someone else mentions the other levels of toxins in peoples diets.

While on the topic of embracing fear, have a think about the grain fed meat many of you lot eat if you are carnivores.
    Also there may be another fear to embrace with reports of farms injecting arsenic into mainly chicken to promote water uptake to increase the weight.
    Consider the chemicals from exhaust fumes that you breathe while walking down a car infested street.
    Walking can be so unhealthy.
    Consider the toxins created by worrying about toxins.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Not a problem for me as I don’t like rice and avoid it. Use the pasta that is shaped like rice...what is it’s name?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), enjoy being (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Uncle Google says Orzo and Risoni.

I'll still be eating my brown basmati amongst other 'grains' like couscous and corn grits.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    And the information on say, this page regards the types of lotions and potions to use for decalcifying your pinecone, if you aren't already. I imagine many already are, being that the calcification scare is not new by any stretch.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's in the bran part of the rice, apparently.
    That makes it sound like it's naturally occurring. I had assumed it was from processing.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    And then, WOW you've just undone millions of dollars worth of black budget hijinks against your pinecone.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Pinecones and rice...

Health concerns regarding arsenic in rice are concentrated on babies and nursing mothers. Baby rice cereal ends up with concentrated levels of arsenic.

General recommendations are to not eat one kind of food all the time. Also, the rinsing and cooking in lots of water washes away lots of the nutrients. So, as with almost everything, you have to strike a balance.

I'm pretty sure, based on personal experiences, that my pinecone is working well. I only heard about this calcification thing recently, I didn't realize the idea had been around for a while.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), enjoy being (12th February 2018), Kathy (12th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Pinecones and rice...

Health concerns regarding arsenic in rice are concentrated on babies and nursing mothers. Baby rice cereal ends up with concentrated levels of arsenic.

General recommendations are to not eat one kind of food all the time. Also, the rinsing and cooking in lots of water washes away lots of the nutrients. So, as with almost everything, you have to strike a balance.

I'm pretty sure, based on personal experiences, that my pinecone is working well. I only heard about this calcification thing recently, I didn't realize the idea had been around for a while.
    :-) There's medical articles online released in the 70's and 80's even. The first I heard of it in the alternative media style "freak out about the seat of your soul being snipped" was about 10 years ago probably.
    Have you seen some of the material around about pinecone symbolism? Things like in this google images link.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    That makes it sound like it's naturally occurring. I had assumed it was from processing.
    How Does Arsenic Get into Rice?
    By Live Science Staff | September 19, 2012 05:36pm ET

Arsenic-laced rice products being reported in the news are not the result of breakfast cereals and baby foods being soaked in poison at the factory. Rather, various natural and man-made processes can cause the toxic element to accumulate in rice grains as they grow.

Scientists have been aware for years that rice is a major source of dietary arsenic, but Consumer Reports is leveraging a new study, which found arsenic in a wide range of rice products, to urge the Food and Drug Administration to set limits on arsenic levels in rice. The findings show that inorganic arsenic, a known carcinogen, is present in more than 60 popular rice products, including Kellogg's Rice Krispies, Gerber baby food and multiple varieties of Uncle Ben's rice.

So how does arsenic, the preferred poison of political assassins in the Middle Ages, get into rice in the first place?

The toxin has both man-made and natural sources, and the portion that ends up in rice most likely draws from both. Arsenic, a shiny gray metalloid in its elemental form, occurs naturally in the Earth's crust and makes its way into soil and water supplies through ordinary weathering processes.

But the element also has common industrial uses, including in pesticides and wood preservatives. And according to the Environmental Protection Agency, inorganic arsenic (meaning simply a form of arsenic that has not bonded with carbon) has been shown to persist in the soil for more than 45 years.

Because of this, even dangerous arsenic-containing insecticides that are no longer in use, such as the lead-arsenate insecticides banned in the '80s, may continue to be absorbed by crops grown on contaminated soil for decades.

Inorganic arsenic's environmental staying power may help to explain why, according to Consumer Reports, rice grown in states in the south-central region of the United States has shown higher levels of arsenic than rice from other regions.

Elevated levels of arsenic in rice from Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas may have their origin in that region's long history of cotton cultivation, an industry that extensively utilized lead-arsenate insecticides.

Another possible contributor to arsenic in farm soil is fertilizer from chickens, whose feed sometimes contains arsenic.

But none of these potential sources of arsenic are specific to rice-farm soil, so they don't explain why rice contributes more dietary arsenic than other grains grown in the United States (according to an EPA estimate, rice accounts for 17 percent of total dietary exposure).

The basis for rice's apparently outsized arsenic capacity seems to lie in the water-flooded conditions that are used in its cultivation, which foster the absorption of water-soluble arsenic into the roots.

As grains of rice take in arsenic, they accumulate a disproportionate amount in their outer hulls, which are stripped off if the grains are refined into white rice. This is why brown rice, which has some nutritional benefits when compared with white rice, has been found to contain more arsenic.

The FDA, which is conducting its own survey of the arsenic content of rice, does not yet have enough information to recommend that consumers change their rice consumption. But both the FDA and Consumer Reports recommend that consumers vary the grains they eat.

https://www.livescience.com/23330-ar...ce-origin.html
    One would think white rice would be okay, the bran part having been stripped away.

I used to try to serve brown rice because it's more nutritious. LOL. It has more arsenic in it.

I seem to recall the term "body burden," meaning our overall level of stored toxins, which will be a co-factor in whether or not we get sick.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018)

Thanks
    I also prefer brown rice because the hull is where most of the nutrients and all of the fiber is. Once it's hulled it's not far off from processed flour where they have to add the vitamins back in for there to even be any nutritional value. Thus 'enriched' bread and flour.

We're a complex biological system so I suspect each of us has to figure out how to handle nutritional challenges. There are toxins everywhere so cleaning the system periodically seems like a good idea.

Thanks for the article.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    The Catholic church's pinecone imagery appears to be vast. I find it believable that the church has a whole bunch of knowledge and understanding of humanity that it just does not share. I think the same is true with rabbis. There's a lot of creepy imagery in and around the Vatican. It's something I could probably spend a lifetime on and still be wondering.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (12th February 2018), Elen (12th February 2018), Kathy (13th February 2018), WantDisclosure (12th February 2018)