Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Left-Right Paradigm in Politics

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    Seems I hear an echo of a video by Larken Rose, entitled "The Myth of Authority"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dreamtimer (31st January 2018), Elen (31st January 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Red vs Blue. In our country the liberal side is red, but that is reversed in other counties. I wonder if it is a northern vs southern hemisphere related thing.
    People these days seem to like to just vote for who they think is going to win, because their fragility seems to just want to have hollow, pointless victories, policy doesn't matter. Choice doesnt equate, the media will turn it into a two horse race even if it is an MMP style voting system like here in NZ. People will shamelessly gloat about having voted for the winners but not be able to tell you their policies. Left and right wing of the one bird. Without the other it flies in circles, but together they fly fast backwards, so eff the destination. Yet people still vote. Not capable of leaving the itch unscratched, unable to resist hitting the ball back when it is lobbed their way, therefore perpetuating the ongoing groundhog days and giving theoretical mandates. Here there has frequently been those scenarios.. no person seemingly worthy of position and the catch cry amongst voters becomes "just vote for the better of the bunch or against the one you least want to meddle with stuff.. but the, the new leader postulates in victory how the people WANTED them in power and have given them the mandate to do all the shite they campaigned on. It is a sport for the less intelligent and the system huggers.
    We now have achild prime minister who has decided to spend most of her term with a new born baby. I think this is totally disgusting personally, although the media are painting it to be such an empowering thing for womens rights... I see it as proof she is too immature and too self centered, sure, have a child if it has been hard to get pregnant, but retire from office, it is one or the other. Women and child advocates should really be up in arms about how the child will be neglected if she performs the role of office correctly, while the rest of the nation should be up in arms that the nation will be neglected if she performs the role of mother correctly. Meanwhile, as the news is/was filled with baby name anecdotes and gootchy goos, the TPPA was signed off, with her having taken a fairly front role in it. They need to convert our parliament buildings into a terrarium.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 31st January 2018 at 00:40.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dreamtimer (31st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st February 2018), Elen (31st January 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2018), WantDisclosure (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Wow. We do have a ways to go, don't we? When Reagan won, the map was all blue. Republicans were blue then. It wasn't even a choice really, it was a media thing to illustrate the election as it happened. Now the Republicans want red. It's the color of blood, victory, royalty and communism. Go figure.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (1st February 2018), Elen (31st January 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2018), enjoy being (31st January 2018), WantDisclosure (31st January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I sort of WANT to be okay with a leader of a country getting pregnant and having a child in her first year of office, I mean my cynicism says it doesnt matter if a cartoon stick figure was prime minister and therefore, fine, but for some reason it seems a bit reckless to be a pregnant primeminister... although we have also had our fair share of enebriated drunkard men in charge.
    it's always been red for left, blue for right here. Hot and cold, two opposing corners of a boxing ring. Forced opposites for a game we are evidently all in together.lol

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dreamtimer (31st January 2018), Elen (31st January 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st January 2018), WantDisclosure (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Now the Republicans want red. It's the color of blood, victory, royalty and communism. Go figure.
    This is one of those rare things I'll trust from mainstream news. Apparently the media banded together during the 2000 election, and decided who would be what.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/guess...ry?id=43272920
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st January 2018), Dreamtimer (31st January 2018), Elen (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Wow. We do have a ways to go, don't we? When Reagan won, the map was all blue. Republicans were blue then. It wasn't even a choice really, it was a media thing to illustrate the election as it happened. Now the Republicans want red. It's the color of blood, victory, royalty and communism. Go figure.
    Wow...yes I remember this. I even commented to the GF, “when did the Republicans go red?” It’s not a color they like as it was associated with communism, which the lefties were soft on. And now, the Demos are agog with Russia hate.

“Eastasia has always been our enemy”. ~1984

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd February 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd February 2018), Elen (2nd February 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd February 2018)