Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Arrogance Of Truth Carriers, Of Dirt

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by pointessa View Post
    You have no control over what others think of you. If you are speaking the truth it is more likely they will think you are off balance rather than arrogant because you know so much. Speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may.
    ...buffalo chips?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd February 2018), Aragorn (2nd February 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd February 2018), Elen (2nd February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (2nd February 2018)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    The great truths can't be grasped, but we shouldn't stop trying. It's the effort that's the main thing; the journey not the destination.

Those who are most preoccupied with having, holding, 'the truth' are deluded. Their use of the term is inversely proportional to how much they 'know.' And arrogance about this 'knowing'? It's a joke one plays on him or herself.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th February 2018), Aragorn (4th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Elen (4th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    lol Laughter being great medicine, indeed indeed gardenor

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Elen (4th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Wind (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Laughter, gardener, soil...does the platter have seeds?

A seed isn't exactly a template but it does contain the code for the life that will grow.

I hope you plant some lovely seeds over at PA.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Elen (4th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    PA has lost nearly all of its members. There are a few people I like to dialogue with over there. And I haven't gotten what I would call bad treatment from mods or BR. But I find that the level of naivety required by many of the remaining members to view Trump as a hero, is hard to deal with. Hard for me and obviously most who have left to find much common ground there.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Wind (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    PA has lost nearly all of its members. There are a few people I like to dialogue with over there. And I haven't gotten what I would call bad treatment from mods or BR. But I find that the level of naivety required by many of the remaining members to view Trump as a hero, is hard to deal with. Hard for me and obviously most who have left to find much common ground there.
    Well you came to the right place. Trump hate is in full flower here. I do not embrace concepts like a savior and Trump worship is highly nauseating. However, I know what I am seeing regarding the globalist problem and I know an ally when there is one. MSM provides talking points of nonsense that the haters embrace creating a complete breakdown is sane communication.

I will not retire my account here but, participation is minimal because I am used to intelligent conversation and that has exited this forum, IMO. Dumpy needs a stand up gig to work it all out, lol.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Wind (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Well you came to the right place. Trump hate is in full flower here. I do not embrace concepts like a savior and Trump worship is highly nauseating. However, I know what I am seeing regarding the globalist problem and I know an ally when there is one. MSM provides talking points of nonsense that the haters embrace creating a complete breakdown is sane communication.

I will not retire my account here but, participation is minimal because I am used to intelligent conversation and that has exited this forum, IMO. Dumpy needs a stand up gig to work it all out, lol.
    I'm just trying to keep conversations going, but the first thing that always comes to mind is a joke.

Being all serious all the time is...well, not my cup of tea.

...so yeah, where did everybody go? Did my dumb jokes drive 'em off? Are they that thin skinned? Horrors!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), modwiz (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I'm just trying to keep conversations going, but the first thing that always comes to mind is a joke.

...so yeah, where did everybody go? Did my dumb jokes drive 'em off? Are they that thin skinned? Horrors!
    No worries Dumpster, your own custom made parade float is a personal favorite to observe passing by my front window every day.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    No worries Dumpster, your own custom made parade float is a personal favorite to observe passing by my front window every day.
    Thanks Fred. Unfortunatly, having found out I wasted my life working for the Dept of War for almost 50 years put me in a dark frame of mind these past few years. So then I come up with dark jokes...it may have been too much for many folks.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (4th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), modwiz (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Tell me, Dumpy. What's your take on where most of the tax dollars have gone over those last 50 years? To the military? That's how it looks to me.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), modwiz (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post

It is not your humor driving people away. It is the dearth of reason. The truther community is largely pro-Trump in one way or another. They are certainly happy Hillary is not the president. TOT has become a joke, IMO.

Globalists are a serious threat and the MSM providing many of the talking points for discussion at TOT do not see that threat. They dismiss it or avoid it. They are a part of it.

Politics is the poison and the tards are very evenly distributed. Left and right is a game for fools.
    Last edited by modwiz, 5th February 2018 at 00:25.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (5th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Wind (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    If that drives people away, they are walking away from an excellent opportunity. Doesn't it get boring talking to Aianawa's mirror? The tards are waiting to be convinced. The harder one is wedded to their truth the more fun I have poking holes in their logic. I guess that's kind of mean, really...but the people I generally disagree with are not nice people anyway.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (5th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Well you came to the right place. Trump hate is in full flower here. I do not embrace concepts like a savior and Trump worship is highly nauseating. However, I know what I am seeing regarding the globalist problem and I know an ally when there is one.
    An unwitting ally then, and only with regard to globalism — which, although problematic, I do not see as an immediate problem anymore at this point in time, due to the USA shying away from it, and the rest of the world looking unto the USA as the pathfinder for international politics. World leadership is a color the USA have (happily) painted themselves with, courtesy of their propaganda, their outright lies, their imperialism and their liaisons associated with said imperialism — e.g. NATO and the various international economic treaties.

On account of humanity as a whole and on account of world peace, Donald Trump is far from an ally. He has been waving his willy at North Korea from the moment he took residence in the White House, and he's playing with fire. But like any other psychopath, he doesn't care about the consequences of his actions.

And let's not get into his retarded racism and sexism. It's an embarrassment to the human species that the head of state of the country with the greatest nuclear arsenal in the world would be nothing other than a troglodyte in a suit. The world at large and the USA in particular have never been any closer to Idiocracy — not even under G.W. Bush, and that says a lot.

Either way, Donald Trump doesn't care one bit about the planet or about humanity. Donald Trump cares about Donald Trump, and about being perceived as the guy with the biggest willy.

The truther community is largely pro-Trump in one way or another. They are certainly happy Hillary is not the president.
    That's because Hillary's policies were already known long in advance, and people knew what was going to come down the pike if she were to have taken up residence at the White House again.

Trump was a wildcard. He was certainly enough of a celebrity for his name to ring a bell with everyone, but for a self-proclaimed "stable genius", he hasn't been too stable about his political views in the past. He actually used to be pretty close with the Clintons, and he has even sponsored the Democratic Party at some point. So people were not sure what to expect of this "stable genius", and many didn't even believe that he was actually genuine when he started talking of his wall at the Mexican border.

That, and he had a good propaganda machine, of course. We've all seen how one of our now former staff members went completely ballistic in favor of Trump's presidential candidacy.

Anyway, not only am I tired of talking about Donald Trump, but I'm also tired of reading anything about him, just as I am equally tired of reading anything more about any other Repulsican or Dypocrite. Sadly enough — and I have to agree with you on this — the guy's name is all over the forum, spreading from thread to thread like a wildfire. It will certainly flatter his narcissistic ego that people are talking about him this much.

TOT has become a joke, IMO.
    Now that hurts, Brother, and I personally take offense in those words.

You are obviously overlooking a lot of genuinely interesting stuff being posted here. Not to mention that such a statement is highly disrespectful toward the work that both Malc and I have been putting in lately to keep a tenacious Russian and Ukrainian spammer botnet off of the forum. And — knocking on wood — it looks like our efforts are paying off too.

Globalists are a serious threat and the MSM providing many of the talking points for discussion at TOT do not see that threat. They dismiss it or avoid it. They are a part of it.
    The financial-economical globalism that we've seen marching forward over the past couple of decades is indeed a threat, but nationalism is just as big a threat. They are both once again two sides of the same evil coin.

Humanity does need global cooperation, but it should be something other than an economical, political or military cooperation. It should be a human and humanitarian cooperation. And what we have in place for that sort of thing right now — i.e. the United Nations — is of course a joke, because it's a political organization, with lots of bribes and compromises.

The only thing that could save humanity is a grassroots movement of informed individuals. But unfortunately, informed individuals are all but a rare breed anymore these days, and too many people have already aligned themselves with one pressure group or the other. More polarization, more dogs and ponies. And that is what's killing humanity's chances.

I've already said it elsewhere on the forum — I think it was on another thread but I'm not sure anymore — but I can't see this ending well. At this point in time, the only possible outcome in my perception is that humanity would destroy itself, and that the survivors would then start anew with a blank slate. Tabula rasa. And things certainly appear to be progressing along that line, so it's only a matter of time anymore.

Humanity is still stuck in the Middle Ages, and I personally find it harder and harder to refer to humanity as a civilization. There's nothing civilized about it.

And now I'll get off my soap box again...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (5th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), modwiz (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Tell me, Dumpy. What's your take on where most of the tax dollars have gone over those last 50 years? To the military? That's how it looks to me.
    IMO, Most of the money has gone into:
    Secret space programs,
    Black programs and reverse engineering of ET technology,
    Deep state Banker pockets,
    White military overspending and Wars,
    White technology companies.

In roughly that order of magnitude.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), modwiz (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    I mentioned this in another thread: we turned a corner during the eclipse. The “white hats” in the military are winning and my snese is that we are on a close to optimal path of not losing out to the dark side and not having to much societal chaos as well.

I believe Trump was told years ago (like Poppy Bush, W, Bill Clinton, and others) that he was going to be president or was recruited as a “best shot” late in the game. I also said this in another thread, he is not in my top 1000 people to choose, but I think somebody on the good guy side saw the chance to break the stranglehold with this guy. I also believe all the tweets, bombast, and craziness is an act, a set of misdirection plays. This is classic military tactics.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th February 2018), Aragorn (5th February 2018), Dreamtimer (5th February 2018), Elen (5th February 2018), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)