Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Senate passes bill renewing NSA warrantless internet surveillance program

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That's funny Fred, in a sad way. My brother was telling me that they almost never pull people over in California (San Diego area) for speeding. He said there's just not enough cops. There're too many other traffic issues.'

My son's girlfriend is from Wyoming. They'll pull you over there for one mile over the limit. They have nothing else to do.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (21st January 2018), Elen (20th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (20th January 2018), Wind (20th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lemual View Post
    I feel like it's quite a bit bigger than the US, especially considering the 5 Eyes nations.

Another point, even if the vote didn't pass does anyone actually think they'd stop spying?
    No...they’ll spy for the good guys...spooks are spooks, can’t change their nature.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That's funny Fred, in a sad way. My brother was telling me that they almost never pull people over in California (San Diego area) for speeding. He said there's just not enough cops. There're too many other traffic issues.'

My son's girlfriend is from Wyoming. They'll pull you over there for one mile over the limit. They have nothing else to do.
    Here in Dan Siego (here with the GF on a mini working “vacation”) they’ll get cha for driving while Hispanic. They typically leave the blacks alone as they are mostly military.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st January 2018), Dreamtimer (21st January 2018), Elen (21st January 2018), Lemual (21st January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Yeah. I was talking with some people who grew up in Chula Vista and there was a street you didn't go past unless you were ready to get pulled over. Everyone knew it.

Hearing stories like that makes me step back and think a bit. I never, ever had to worry about where I went in that sort of way.

I got profiled once while driving by a church. The young lady in front of me was as well. See, it was a black church and surely the young black lady in the car in front of me was going into the parking lot, right? And surely I wasn't, I mean after all....(I'm kinda pale)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd January 2018), Elen (22nd January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Another angle to consider is that this allows them to continue to collect data on those of questionable character as well.
    You know, those who are on the wane in terms of executing a global plan for all of us.

And if there is an upcoming upgrade in the works for all of us, all of this legislation and illegality will be negated, one way or another.

Just a thought or 2.

JJ

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnjen325 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st January 2018), Dreamtimer (21st January 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd January 2018), Elen (22nd January 2018)