Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening To Angels - Guardian Angels and the Angelic Realm

Thanks
    Thanked 48,689 Times in 10,221 Posts

Opening To Angels - Guardian Angels and the Angelic Realm

According to Body, Mind, Spirit Magazine, this film is by far the best film out on angels. Includes an unprecedented collection of interviews with researchers, experiencers and the best known, most credible authorities on this topic in the world today. Discover your Guardian Angel and become more receptive to the Angelic Realm in your daily life.

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (10th January 2018), Dreamtimer (10th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th January 2018), GCS1103 (11th January 2018), Juniper (10th January 2018), modwiz (10th January 2018), Onthebit (12th January 2018), TimeSensitive (12th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    This video appeared in my YouTube news feed yesterday, and I was having difficulty deciding whether I'd post it here or not. But once I had watched it in its entirety, I decided against it, because the people in this documentary were making several statements that I cannot agree with, e.g. the existence of Lucifer and the fallen angels, which comes straight from the Roman Catholic Church. Some of these people's statements are also self-contradictory, e.g. "angels are beings of love and light and compassion, but they have no emotional body". Really?

Most importantly however, the material as it was presented and the subtle music score underneath both carry a religiously propagandistic undertone, in my opinion. There is also an inherent risk at opening yourself up to ethereal beings. If you allow such beings into your reality, then there's no telling who or what you're inviting in, and before you know it, they make an even bigger mess of your life than the one you were in when you decided to invite these entities into your reality and hand over your sovereignty to them on a silver platter.

It's all just more New Age woo-woo and merely another flavor of the savior paradigm, if you're asking me. If Mr. Spaceman™ won't save us from ourselves, then the Love & Light™ entities will do it. It's getting old.

I'm afraid UFOtv is no longer what it used to be...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (10th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th January 2018), Juniper (10th January 2018), modwiz (10th January 2018), Onthebit (12th January 2018), The One (10th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,689 Times in 10,221 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    This video appeared in my YouTube news feed yesterday, and I was having difficulty deciding whether I'd post it here or not. But once I had watched it in its entirety, I decided against it, because the people in this documentary were making several statements that I cannot agree with, e.g. the existence of Lucifer and the fallen angels, which comes straight from the Roman Catholic Church. Some of these people's statements are also self-contradictory, e.g. "angels are beings of love and light and compassion, but they have no emotional body". Really?

Most importantly however, the material as it was presented and the subtle music score underneath both carry a religiously propagandistic undertone, in my opinion. There is also an inherent risk at opening yourself up to ethereal beings. If you allow such beings into your reality, then there's no telling who or what you're inviting in, and before you know it, they make an even bigger mess of your life than the one you were in when you decided to invite these entities into your reality and hand over your sovereignty to them on a silver platter.

It's all just more New Age woo-woo and merely another flavor of the savior paradigm, if you're asking me. If Mr. Spaceman™ won't save us from ourselves, then the Love & Light™ entities will do it. It's getting old.

I'm afraid UFOtv is no longer what it used to be...
    Whoops . I didn't have time to look into this video and UFO tv used to be ok
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (10th January 2018), Dreamtimer (10th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018), modwiz (10th January 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Do you think that ethereal beings may also be New Age Woo Woo?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018), modwiz (11th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Roman Catholic? Not even...Roman Catholicism does not call on Angels...Angels call on us...this approach to communing with Angels is unlike I've ever been exposed to. Nature spirits = Angels...Not Roman Catholicism. The Catholic Church would be closer to calling this demonic not angelic. As for me...I think for those that wish to experience spirit, it would be ok, but I do agree there is risk involved in actively pursuing a non-divine energy.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), modwiz (11th January 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Do you think that ethereal beings may also be New Age Woo Woo?
    Not the beings themselves, sandy. Quite obviously they exist. But creating a Love & Light™ cult around them and ascribing properties to them which they may or may not have, that's the woo-woo part.

You also have to keep in mind that what we consider ethereal beings or spiritual beings is just a vague denominator for beings who are invisible to us, and of whom we don't know who they are, what they do, what their agenda is and where exactly they reside in the universe/multiverse. The ghosts of mortals who have passed away are also ethereal beings. So are demons — and demons are not fallen angels, by the way.

There also exist energies in the so-called ethereal realm which may come across as if they're actual beings, but they are essentially only the ethereal equivalent of automatons, without any actual consciousness. Sort of like an ethereal A.I.

The bottom line is that when you reach into "the other side", you never know whom or what you're dealing with. As above, so below, and as below, so above. Just because they don't have physical bodies doesn't necessarily mean that they would be angels, or that they — whatever "they" are — wouldn't be capable of deception.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Roman Catholic? Not even...Roman Catholicism does not call on Angels...
    Angels were already mentioned in the scriptures before the Roman Catholic Church even existed, but their properties have changed quite drastically over time.

In the Old Testament, angels were considered mere emanations from Yahweh, and thus avatars, rather than actual beings with an individual soul. Whenever someone described an encounter with an angel, they were actually describing an encounter with Yahweh, who had appeared before them in the form of an angel. As such, given that angels were said not to have an individual soul, they also couldn't have free will, and thus they could never fall.

One exception was in the story of the fall of the Grigori, also known as the Watchers, but that story may have actually have crept into the religious scriptures as a reported legend regarding extraterrestrial beings of a more physical nature. In those days, people thought in very black & white terms regarding things that came down from the sky. The Sumerian word "annunaki" actually meant "those who came from the heavens", and is not the designation of a particular species or civilization, in spite of all the woo-woo that's created around "the Annunaki" with an uppercase initial. As such, the Grigori may simply have been extraterrestrials.

The story of Lucifer is one that I've already told many times here on the forum. The name Lucifer is Latin and means "bearer of light". The passage in which that word was used was a sarcastic letter to the king of Babylon, a mortal man, in which the author of that letter calls the man a bearer of (false) light, given that he was corrupt.

But then the King James translation came along, and in it, the word "bearer of light" was not translated from Latin to English, but instead, it was taken over as a proper name, and for that matter, the name of a purported angel who had become corrupted. The Roman Catholic Church later on adopted this mistranslation as fact and started concocting the legend of Lucifer, who was allegedly the first and highest of all angels, but who just as allegedly wanted to lift his throne above that of God, over which God banished him from Heaven.

Furthermore, the equation of Lucifer with the Satan from the Old Testament — and note that the word "Satan" is not a proper name but a title — was only a consequence of the above myth. In the Book of Job, it is said that the Satan was a being in Heaven — not in Hell — who acted in the role of a prosecutor by exposing mankind's flaws before Yahweh, and if you read that story properly, then you will also know that it was not the Satan who did all of those horrible things to Job, but Yahweh himself, just so as to make a point to the Satan.

The Roman Catholic Church has also perpetuated other such falsehoods, for instance with regard to Mary Magdalene. According to the Bible itself, Mary Magdalene was a respectable and highly educated woman from an equally respectable family, who were befriended with Yeshua's own family. And somewhere along the line, Mary Magdalene fell in love with Yeshua, and vice versa, although this is only implicitly mentioned in the Bible, not explicitly.

According to Leonardo Da Vinci and others, Mary Magdalene was actually Yeshua's prime apostle. However, the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Peter and Paul, and Peter was a misogynist. He could never bear that a woman be put before him. And so, in the spirit of Peter — but long after he had passed away — the Roman Catholic Church started equating Mary Magdalene to the prostitute who was saved by Yeshua from stoning, even though said prostitute is never mentioned by name in the Bible, while Mary Magdalene's chronological appearance in the gospels precedes Yeshua's encounter with the prostitute who was about to be stoned.

The Roman Catholic Church has only very recently — about 10-12 years ago or so — apologized for this mischaracterization of Mary Magdalene.

Angels call on us...
    If they do, then they're not angels. And trust me, I know more about this subject than anyone else here. I have already expounded upon that a couple of times, but I don't feel comfortable anymore in going there again on a public thread, especially not considering my role here as an administrator. If you must know, then drop me a PM and then I'll explain.

this approach to communing with Angels is unlike I've ever been exposed to. Nature spirits = Angels...Not Roman Catholicism. The Catholic Church would be closer to calling this demonic not angelic. As for me...I think for those that wish to experience spirit, it would be ok, but I do agree there is risk involved in actively pursuing a non-divine energy.
    Angels and nature spirits are not the same thing, although I can understand that the barrier between the physical and the non-physical realm can make it easy for mortals to conflate the two.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018), modwiz (11th January 2018), Onthebit (12th January 2018), sandy (12th January 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I haven't specifically thought of contacting angels in the same way as calling on spirits. But it makes sense. Open the connection/portal/gateway and then be sure to close it. A lot of people don't understand the importance of closing these connections.

I think I compartmentalize angels but the rules of spirit would still apply.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018), modwiz (11th January 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    The bottom line is that when you reach into "the other side", you never know whom or what you're dealing with. As above, so below, and as below, so above. Just because they don't have physical bodies doesn't necessarily mean that they would be angels, or that they — whatever "they" are — wouldn't be capable of deception.
    Thanks Aragorn...everything in a nutshell! Be careful about inviting "something" in from "outside."
    Last edited by Elen, 11th January 2018 at 08:53. Reason: change words

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018)

Thanks
    According to Leonardo Da Vinci and others, Mary Magdalene was actually Yeshua's prime apostle...

Though Leo is my 2nd favorite person in history, I wouldn't default to him as a Biblical theologian...more likely Thomas Aquinas. As for the Church apologizing for the mischaracterization of Mary Magdalene, if that is true, I'm sure you realize how profound that is? That alone should be enough to bring you back to the church...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th January 2018)

Thanks
    Leave it to Pope Francis...he most assuredly is not a conservative. I still hate the fact that the church changed the Mass from Latin to English (after all the trouble I was put through to learn it in Latin)...

Pope Francis has elevated Mary Magdalene’s saint’s day to a “major feast,” putting her on the same level liturgically as Christ’s apostles. The pope wants Christians to consider Mary, who first told the apostles about Christ’s resurrection, as “a paradigm of the ministry of women in the church.”

Should non-Catholic Christians follow this promotion and make a big deal of Mary Magdalene’s Day on July 22?

From Inés San Martín, New feast touts Mary Magdalene as ‘paradigm’ for women – Crux Now:

At Pope Francis’s request, the annual observance on the Catholic calendar of St. Mary Magdalene, referred by some as the “repentant sinner” or “the prostitute,” and also the one who first witnessed and proclaimed Jesus’ resurrection, has been made a major feast marking women as the first evangelizers.

Liturgically speaking, the decision puts Mary Magdalene on par with the celebrations of the male apostles.

On the modern Church calendar, saints are remembered with a “memorial”, a “feast”, or a “solemnity”. On July 22, already designated a feast of Mary Magdalene, there are another 11 saints similarly honored, but now with the decree released on Friday, hers takes precedence.

Published in Latin, the decree was issued by the Vatican’s Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, headed by Cardinal Robert Sarah. It says that this woman, “recognized as one who loved Christ and who was very dear to him,” can be considered by the faithful as “a paradigm of the ministry of women in the Church.”
    In a letter released along with the announcement, the Secretary of the Congregation, Archbishop Arthur Roche, argued that the decision speaks to the current moment facing the Church, which calls for “a deeper reflection on the dignity of women, the New Evangelization, and the greatness of the mystery of Divine Mercy.”

Roche drew attention to the fact Mary Magdalene was the first witness to Jesus’ resurrection, and also the one tasked with sharing the news with the apostles.

[Keep reading. . .]

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/genevei...TPILaXIdrf2.99

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th January 2018), Onthebit (12th January 2018)

Thanks
    As for the Church apologizing for the mischaracterization of Mary Magdalene, if that is true, I'm sure you realize how profound that is? That alone should be enough to bring you back to the church...
    You're wasting your time. I prefer going by my inner truths, rather than by what others tell me to believe the truth would be.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th January 2018), Elen (11th January 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th January 2018), sandy (12th January 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    You're wasting your time. I prefer going by my inner truths, rather than by what others tell me to believe the truth would be.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (11th January 2018), Dreamtimer (11th January 2018), Dumpster Diver (13th January 2018)

Retired Member Great Britain
    Thanks
    I go by my own Experiences i have seen Angels. when i was in the Healing sanctury doing my Healing, A Huge Angel stood at the side of someone having healing. he wrapped his huge wings around her was there for a few minutes then vanished again.
    When i lost my husband i was in my bedroom when a huge pair of angel wings covered the ceiling,
    A lot of people see them as specks of light.

Namaste

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blackcrow For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (2nd August 2020), Dreamtimer (2nd August 2020), Wind (2nd August 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That's an amazing experience, Blackcrow.

I've not seen angels myself.

My sister-in-law might have. There were no wings, it was a woman, and she came at a time of much needed comfort and assurance. She came and then was just gone.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (2nd August 2020), Wind (2nd August 2020)

Retired Member Great Britain
    Thanks
    This is not the first time i have felt and heard them around me one was i was in a car accident the car was driven by my sister in law my two youngest daughters and her younger daughter were in the car,i remember the car veering to the wrong side of the road.i went to grab the stearing wheel and blacked out.i knew nothing until the car stopped. we were on the wrong side of the road my side the passenger side was totally embeded in the rock.
    i checked the kids were ok they screamed and told me what had happened we were on top of a 365 foot drop hill and the car spun 3 times nearly going over. this was on a beauty spot cars are always on there,at the time of the accident no cars passed until we stopped,
    my sister in law said she could feel someone taking over the steering of the car, i was injured they were all ok.
    the other time i was with a neighbor she was going to her church to drop something off,
    i stopped she asked if i was ok i said Listen she heard nothing it was angel music it was so calm and serene

Namaste

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blackcrow For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (2nd August 2020), Dreamtimer (2nd August 2020), Wind (2nd August 2020)