Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: UFO Existence “Proven Beyond Reasonable Doubt,” Says Former Head of Pentagon Alien Program

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I can only say, I expected more considering the vast sums of money these events rake in.
    I'll posit that's why they become useless. They're about money, not disclosure. It's become another industry for grift. So take what's already out there, gussy it up, and resell it.

It sucks how desires for profit spoil so many things.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Aragorn (20th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2022), Fred Steeves (20th May 2022), Wind (20th May 2022)

Senior Member United States
    Thanks
    It is good that UFOs are finally being taken seriously by society. For too long then there has been an ignorant attitude towards the phenomena in society, especially by those that call themselves skeptics. Paranormal and spiritual phenomena as a whole should be taken more seriously.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Aragorn (28th May 2022), Dreamtimer (1st June 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th May 2022), Wind (28th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    It is good that UFOs are finally being taken seriously by society. For too long then there has been an ignorant attitude towards the phenomena in society, especially by those that call themselves skeptics. Paranormal and spiritual phenomena as a whole should be taken more seriously.
    I think that the reason why most people are skeptic about this subject is that if it were proven true with unmistakable evidence that it is either extraterrestrial or supernatural, then these people would see their whole belief and value systems fall to the ground in pieces. Because then all of a sudden our petty differences here on Earth wouldn't matter anymore, and then our complacency regarding how we run this planet — i.e. our belief in over-industrialization and capitalism — would be put to shame.

So it's only skepticism on the outside. Underneath, it's actually a fear of having to give up on our way of life. Most people cannot handle that, and thus they would rather ridicule the phenomenon, strengthened by the fact that in doing so, they are complying with the mainstream and avoiding social stigma.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (1st June 2022), Emil El Zapato (28th May 2022), sourcetruth (28th May 2022), Wind (28th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    What strikes me odd is the 'proof that they exist'. As logic would dictate, the fact that they are 'there' is axiomatic/self-evident. What is unknown is what they are. Are they really so elusive that no one can get a clear bead on them? If so, they must be 'supernatural' in some form or fashion as in the human perspective supernatural or just some other kind of 'supernatural'. Perhaps, supernal.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Aragorn (28th May 2022), Dreamtimer (1st June 2022), sourcetruth (28th May 2022), Wind (28th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    So if we are made of star dust, we are aliens ?.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd June 2022), Wind (4th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    So if we are made of star dust, we are aliens ?.
    Yes, but we're legal aliens.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd June 2022), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd June 2022), Wind (4th June 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    We're all aliens since we're all stardust. And not just the humans.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (3rd June 2022), Wind (4th June 2022)

Thanks
    https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/myster...-ships-solved/
    Now they are saying that the 2019 incident was the result of drones. This case could be resolved this way, but there are still many other mysterious cases that require much more research.

What are the most credible UFO incidents that you have heard about?
    Last edited by sourcetruth, 18th June 2022 at 05:49.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/myster...-ships-solved/
    Now they are saying that the 2019 incident was the result of drones. This case could be resolved this way, but there are still many other mysterious cases that require much more research.

What are the most credible UFO incidents that you have heard about?
    Hi ST,

I don't recall hearing about this incident being reported as a Ufo incident. The ones that made headlines a few years ago took place much earlier in time.

The Phoenix Lights is the one most often cited nowadays ... I was in Phoenix the week of the sighting. I always go back to the Travis Walton event. It is well-documented and well-researched. There are others: Leon Zamora in New Mexico, The Rendlesham Forest event of 1980. Captain Thomas F. Mantell's crash, Roswell, of course.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    As far as Roswell, what is everyone's opinion on it here? I have heard conflicting viewpoints on Roswell, so I am still confused about what to think of it. I read one source that said it was shrouded in secrecy because it had to do with military technology.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2022), Fred Steeves (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    As far as Roswell, what is everyone's opinion on it here? I have heard conflicting viewpoints on Roswell, so I am still confused about what to think of it. I read one source that said it was shrouded in secrecy because it had to do with military technology.
    Given the convenient timing that the whole saga began to unfold in 1947, right after WW2 when "Operation Paperclip" was furiously shuttling advanced Nazi technology along with their high level scientists, doctors and engineers into the US, it's difficult for me to not point a finger that the crashes in question were merely that of test piloting such technology, or their reproductions.

The real deflections wouldn't have been "it was just a weather balloon", that's just for the kiddie mentality, a first feeble crack at it if you will. The real deflections would have come out of the disinformation factory as "little green men" are crashing, thus starting the ufo craze. Then later on, becoming more sophisticated with the times concoctions such as "MJ-12", it's little brother "Project Serpo", and the likes.

A modern day incarnation of conditioning us into oohing and aahing at shadows in "Plato's Cave".

This is not to be confused that I don't believe there are real ET visitations, in whatever form they really are, because there are far too many hints to the phenomena throughout history; that being said, two different things can be true at the same time, a mindset of nuance is always the researcher's friend.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Yes, but we're legal aliens.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 18th June 2022 at 13:51.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2022), sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    I for one am still inclined to believe that something "not of this world" crashed there, and that it was covered up. The USAF initially admitted that a "flying saucer" had crashed there, but withdrew that statement again by the next day and claimed that it was a weather balloon. And then in the 1990s, under Clinton, they claimed that it was a spy balloon, and that the so-called bodies of extraterrestrials were crash test dummies. Really, a spy balloon? With crash test dummies — which hadn't even been invented yet in the 1940s — attached to it?

Nah. Gotta do better than that, guys.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (18th June 2022), Fred Steeves (18th June 2022), sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    My take tends to be 'while acknowledging' the coincidental nature of post-WWII' shameful' shenanigans (military right-wing, of course, the only use of the left-wing is to make planes fly) it was in fact the A-bomb that attracted more attention from potential outside sources.

One should really watch that Disclosure project video from end to end. It grabbed my attention like a naked beauty.

I had a manager-colleague-friend that remarked one day that he knew why all the different explanations were forwarded by invested parties. I asked point-blank and he would not say. It led me to leave Lockheed because I was assured that some of their' more classified' work was touching on the UFO phenomena AND I had been denied at the time a higher-level security clearance because I had too many red flags in my background. (The assholes, I was railroaded by lies). I was told later that I would likely get the clearance it was just that at the time there was no hard need for another body in the mix. But I felt it was too late for me.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 18th June 2022 at 13:59.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), Fred Steeves (18th June 2022), sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I for one am still inclined to believe that something "not of this world" crashed there, and that it was covered up. The USAF initially admitted that a "flying saucer" had crashed there, but withdrew that statement again by the next day and claimed that it was a weather balloon.
    Well it was first referred to as a "flying disc", and The Roswell Daily Record made it "flying saucer". Either way it's not in dispute that something strange crashed there, the question is did the pilot speak English or not, and what really happened to said pilot.

It's not out of the question that in the midst of early on confusion and disarray, the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing, and that first intelligence to get there wasn't in the know so he was actually straight up with it. Then the Paperclip brass swoops in and tries to sweep that little oopsie under the rug like it never happened.

That kind of thing still happens from time to time today, where the initial local story is probably the accurate one, but as the brass swoops in and the initial story doesn't fit in with their interests, it takes an abrupt u turn never to be heard from again. Except maybe in the Roswell case, the balloon story proved to be so ridiculous that someone had the bright idea to go back to the disc story, but spinning it in such a way as for it to maximize their interests. The old "we're putting the truth smack dab in your face, but you're still never going to see it for what it actually is".

That kind of thing is right up the alley of the Rick Doty types.

I guess in the end, the real kicker for me is what was more likely the case? Advanced ET technology crashed in the desert, or advanced experimental human technology on a test flight, crashed in the desert?

In any case, as "Beau of the Fifth Column" always ends his videos: It's just a thought.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2022), sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Given the convenient timing that the whole saga began to unfold in 1947, right after WW2 when "Operation Paperclip" was furiously shuttling advanced Nazi technology along with their high level scientists, doctors and engineers into the US, it's difficult for me to not point a finger that the crashes in question were merely that of test piloting such technology, or their reproductions.

The real deflections wouldn't have been "it was just a weather balloon", that's just for the kiddie mentality, a first feeble crack at it if you will. The real deflections would have come out of the disinformation factory as "little green men" are crashing, thus starting the ufo craze. Then later on, becoming more sophisticated with the times concoctions such as "MJ-12", it's little brother "Project Serpo", and the likes.

A modern day incarnation of conditioning us into oohing and aahing at shadows in "Plato's Cave".

This is not to be confused that I don't believe there are real ET visitations, in whatever form they really are, because there are far too many hints to the phenomena throughout history; that being said, two different things can be true at the same time, a mindset of nuance is always the researcher's friend.

Excellent song ...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

sourcetruth (18th June 2022), Wind (18th June 2022)