Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Orbs

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,204 Times in 1,932 Posts
    Thanks hit the Intel Nothing. I'll pass on shots. I had enough soft metals when I was younger and breathe some daily.

A good cabalist believes in a well balanced diet... ha ha ha

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2018), Dreamtimer (1st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Side note: I've been hearing about deaths from the flu. I've seen article with titles like, "America should have stayed home this flu season". I've heard of people dying. Also, the flu shot wasn't so good this year.

It's always something of a crap shoot anyway, imo. They use eggs to grow the virus for the vaccine. Unfortunately, the viruses mutate super fast and often the shot becomes less effective because the virus has changed.

I do stay home a lot. I didn't used to. But either way, I never got the flu shot. I know people who get sick from the shot, get the flu anyway, and I just figure I'll keep my immune system as healthy as I can.

Funny about the dry heat, Nothing. In America people say it's more bearable if it's dry. The humidity in the summer is terrible. But 115 degrees in the desert is still an oven. Dry doesn't matter, imo.

I don't know how people function in that kind of cold, near absolute zero.

I haven't seen the moving star again...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), Orbs (28th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Orbs View Post
    On a side note. Is influenza bad where you live? I have heard two people talk of people's they knew who got the flu and died.
    Well, first of all, there is a lot of confusion on this subject, because what many people call the flu is actually only the common cold. You can get really sick from that, but then you typically get better again within the week, while a genuine influenza infection can indeed be lethal.

But that said, even though doctors are promoting flu shots, I've never had a flu shot in my life, and even though you do hear of people getting the flu — which is then probably just the common cold, as I've mentioned here-above — I don't see anything in the news about there being lots of flu-related deaths. So I'm guessing it's not as bad over here. At least, not in terms of influenza infections.

[...] Are a lot of people getting sick near you?
    Only with things like the common cold. We typically don't get any exotic types of viral infections over here, no.

You do hear of a couple of people with malaria, but then those are travelers who've picked that up in an exotic country. It's not a direct hazard here in Belgium, or in the whole of Western Europe for that matter, because malaria is spread by tropical mosquitoes that are not indigenous to Europe.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), Orbs (28th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Aragorn, I wish I knew more about your country. I was under a lot of mind control when I was a kid. I didn't have an urge to travel when I had so much here.

Oh well, better late than never. I can't afford anything at the moment but that will change. I do own a Belgium made gun. I do not care to elaborate but it is kick ass.

Nothing, always wanted to go to New Zealand and fish. Not really interested in your sheep mate ha ha ha.

I'm sick in bed. Not fun.

Dumpster, from what you know about are the underground tunnels, bases etc. true enough to make my blood boil? We paid for that stuff folks and we are lied too. Nobody wants the truth to come out more than I do. Some of you are the same. Just as much. We are tied.

I saw more meteor thingies on the 25th in SA I think it was.

I saw a Fullford video and he was talking tuff. Ending environmental destruction, ending wars and feeding everyone is a good message. I just can't accept his reports and Willycock. I can't do it.

Stay healthy all of you...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st March 2018), Dreamtimer (1st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018)

Thanks
    I do own a Belgium made gun. I do not care to elaborate but it is kick ass.
    If it's a pistol, then I'm guessing it'll be a Browning HP 9 x 19 mm NATO, or perhaps the newer Five-Seven, in 5.7 x 28 mm. The latter are really cool. They're expensive, but they've got almost no recoil and they fire high-velocity ammunition with great penetration and great accuracy. They also pack 20 rounds in a single, normal-sized magazine. And if it's a rifle, then I'm guessing it'll be an FS2000 (in 5.56 x 45 mm NATO), or perhaps a FAL or a SCAR-17 in 7.62 x 51 mm NATO.

I own an F2000 Standard replica — it's indistinguishable from the "real steel" rifle, down to the weight, the balance and the take-down procedure — but I do not own any real firearms. Owning a real firearm is very difficult here in Belgium. Not impossible, but very difficult nevertheless. You have to jump through lots of burning hoops before you can obtain a license, and even then still, you'd be subjected to annual psychological evaluations and periodic inspections of the firearm by the local police department — they will check whether the weapon has been well-maintained and whether you are storing it in a safe, with the ammunition stored separately, as mandated by the law.

Obtaining a license to carry a gun is even more difficult, and commonly reserved for money transports, security guards and jewelers. Even police officers are now required to keep their duty firearm stored at the police station when they're off duty, due to a couple of incidents where a number of police officers with psychological problems took their service weapons home with them and killed their spouses or their whole families before committing suicide.

Owning a firearm has always been somewhat difficult here in Belgium, but the law regarding the acquisition and possession of firearms has been quickly and drastically revised in 2006 in the wake of the Hans Van Themsche incident, and the media attention given to said incident.

I saw a Fullford video and he was talking tuff. Ending environmental destruction, ending wars and feeding everyone is a good message. I just can't accept his reports and Willycock. I can't do it.
    I haven't decided yet whether Benjamin Fulford would be deliberate disinformation or whether he's just a grandstander. At the moment, I'm leaning toward the latter, but I either way don't pay too much attention to what he says. Not much of anything he has said so far has come true — if anything at all. He's just a noisemaker in my opinion.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Aragorn, I am truly shocked at you gun laws! Wtf? I don't have time to research such a thing.

I can't tell you how different it is here. Nobody checks your guns etc. I admit the last gun I bought I had to go to the police station and register it. It was a handgun.

Carry permits here are like candy - everyone has one. You take a two day class, get a certificate, and they do a backroad check. If you are not a felon etc. they give it to you. Mail it. Women up the wazoo have them.

I am unaware of any major issues to get an AR-15. I think 18 and register it at the police station. They want to map the gun to an owner. Ammo everywhere. Walmart even. Buy as much as you want. Have as many guns as you want. Sell them. Trade them. Sleep with them.

We have shooting clubs. Join one and blast away. Hunting is huge here.

So you can't hunt? A land of Belgium Brownings and you can't own a shotgun really and hunt?

If you are on private land outside the city blast away.

Like I say concealed pistol license is very common here. I think in every state. Certain cities mind you have different rules. Chicago I think is more strict. I don't think you can carry on the city. I would have to check.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), enjoy being (2nd March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Pretty much the whole rest of the world has that sort of law for gun ownership Orbs. Many countries don't allow carrying of concealed guns. Pistols have to be kept at gun clubs and you have to be an active registered member of the gun club. Automatic weapons are not allowed without special hard to get licenses, all guns must be stored in safes with the ammo separate in location and you are subject to random inspections and licenses must be renewed regularly with close psychological screening including the screening of others in the house and interviewing of referees.
    That is why much of the rest of the world think that Americans getting all upset about "their guns getting taken away" and upset about the amount of shootings there, is a bit well umm ya know, outflippingrageous.
    And yeap, people still go hunting with their HUNTING rifles and shotguns.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), Orbs (2nd March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Craziness Nothing. What really happened at the shootings is a question mark.

Events sell guns. Sales increase. Hagalian dialectic.

I will add when you carry if they catch you drinking you all are in trouble. Want a threaded barrel? Just buy it. Want a silencer you have to do a similar thing as getting a carry permit.

If you are licensed to carry there is no wait. Buy a gun and it's yours on the spot. Otherwise they make you wait. I think A week.

Psycho screening? Never heard of the that until today.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), enjoy being (2nd March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I have a friend who owns a few automatic weapons, legally. And I had to be one of the referees. I was asked all sorts of questions about him and his wife and their hobbies and personality. About 20 mins on the phone to a sworn police inspector. My friend still had to jump through a lot of hoops after that for his renewal, I think he thought maybe I said the wrong thing as the time before he got his license quicker, they just do that though, pick on people to put through the full treatment, make them go for face to face panel interviews etc.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Are you sure they were automatic as in fully? From what I am hearing fully automatic weapons would not be available.

A civilian AR-15 is semi automatic. It's missing the cool lever thingy.

I know one person with a legal British machine gun. I think some states may allow you to own them. This other person had a licence from long ago.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Oh, well hmm I am probably wrong, I don't really know my guns that well. One is an Ak47 9though it didn't look like what I think an Ak looks like.. with a few add ons, and the other is a smaller military style assault rifle. Probably both semi auto from what you are saying. I have seen both of them, scary looking blimmin things. So the laws here in that case are even tougher, for those guns are certainly not hunting rifles, which was what I was meaning. Magazine sizes are restricted here too, that is part of an automatic weapon definition isn't it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    My dear departed father in law had a modified AR15, modified to be fully automatic.

...it came to be very useful when he and a good friend were boating down in the Bahamas.

They saw a boat coming at them at high speed. Tex (Dad in law’s nickname) got on the common marine channel and told them to veer off. Nothing happened. So then he pulled out his trusty automatic weapon and sprayed a burst across the water in front of the approaching boat. It then veered off.

...this is the one time I’ve seen a justification for a fully automatic weapon.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), Orbs (4th March 2018)

Thanks
    Aragorn, I am truly shocked at you gun laws! Wtf? [...]

We have shooting clubs. Join one and blast away. Hunting is huge here.

So you can't hunt? A land of Belgium Brownings and you can't own a shotgun really and hunt? [...]
    Well, it's a little more complicated than that. Of course you can go and hunt, if you are a licensed hunter. And then there are restrictions on the type of firearm you may use. For instance, I don't know whether the same applies here in Belgium, but in Germany you may not go hunting with a semi-automatic rifle. It must be a bolt-action, lever-action, twin barrel or single-shot rifle, or a breech-loaded shotgun.

You can of course buy semi-automatics like an AR-15, or an FN FS2000, or an FN FAL or something like that, but then you must be registered at a shooting club for at least six months before you purchase a gun. The request for a license must be approved by what is called "the Prosecutor of the King" here, which is what you guys would call a District Attorney.

When your request for a license has been approved — which involves the psychological testing and background screening as mentioned by Nothing — and you've been registered at a shooting club for at least six months, then you may purchase a firearm. The firearm must (always) be transported in the trunk of your car, with the ammunition in the glove compartment. And then the first thing you must do is report to your local police station, where a designated armory officer will register the firearm to your name.

As I wrote higher up already, a carry permit is only issued under very specific circumstances. Also, when using a firearm in self-defense inside your home, you are required to fire two warning shots into the air before aiming and firing at the opponent. The same is true for intrusions into a military base, by the way.

Silencers/suppressors are not allowed for civilian use here, and neither are fully automatic or select-fire firearms such as machine pistols or assault rifles. Only the military may use select-fire and full-auto weapons. Even police officers are restricted to semi-auto rifles, pistol caliber carbines, semi-automatic pistols and pump-action shotguns.

Another thing that's also not allowed here is a big-bore rifle, such as a Barrett M82A1. The .50 BMG caliber is considered an anti-tank round and may not be used. Grenade launchers of any kind are strictly prohibited and restricted to the military — law enforcement may use smoke and/or teargas grenades.

All of the above in mind, it should come as no surprise to you that an estimated 70% of all firearms circulating in Belgium — including those used by the military and by law enforcement — are illegal. It's generally easier to just drive over to Antwerp, Ghent or Brussels and pony up the cash for an illegal firearm from the Russian, Albanian or Chinese mafia. And then you get a real select-fire AK-47, or an M16/M4, or something of that nature. Of course, it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd March 2018), Elen (3rd March 2018), Orbs (4th March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    No kidding? I see you know a bit about guns Aragorn. Good you can go hunting. We grew up on that to a certain degree.

I'm confused but it is probably nothing. You can get an AR-15 but later you said assault rifles are banned?

Automatic rifles are not easy to get here. If you got a license decades ago I think you are grandfathered in. Other than that it is very difficult. I certainly can't get one.

Cans. Carry permits. Just paperwork and cash. Need a clean record.

The Trumpet was piping off about teachers carrying. Events sell guns. Go figure.

Dumpster, I can only imagine what Tex was doing boating with that gun... hope you are the new owner. I don't know else you would get one.
    Last edited by Orbs, 4th March 2018 at 05:21.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th March 2018), Elen (4th March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I forgot to add Ed is still in jail I think.

I saw on the news, or whatever it is, $275,000 for each of the Vegas shooting alleged victims. It is an incredible twist if you ask me. Not sure what to say.

I know Ed said it was a drill. He produced good evidence etc. Lots going on with him in jail and all.

The stakes have risen folks. We don't know when Ed will be able to say anything.
    Last edited by Orbs, 4th March 2018 at 10:20.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (4th March 2018), Elen (4th March 2018)