Thread: Finally - The Pentagon Admits To Multi-Million Dollar Investigation Into UFOs

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Thumbs Up Finally - The Pentagon Admits To Multi-Million Dollar Investigation Into UFOs

Yes, it is neither a joke, nor is it wishful thinking from the likes of Stephen Bassett, and it's also not a phantasm from either David Wilcock, Michael Salla or — drum roll! — Alfred Lambremont Webre. Nope, this one's official, on the record, and it's being published in various newspapers, both within and outside of the USA.

There were many sources I could choose from for this thread, but the article below is from The Guardian — a paper not exactly known for publishing nonsense — with the exception of the image of the Pentagon. This is because The Guardian mangles its image links in such a way that they cannot be embedded anywhere else. The video can be found on YouTube, but it was posted on the website of the progressive Belgian newspaper De Morgen ("The Morning"), which also reported on this topic.

Task force that investigated sightings of unidentified flying objects ran from 2007 to 2012 with annual budget of $22m

Source: The Guardian

The Pentagon has acknowledged that it ran a secret UFO investigation program for five years, wrapping up in 2012 when US defence officials shifted attention and funding to other priorities.

The New York Times reported on Saturday that the program, tasked with investigating sightings of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, ran from 2007 to 2012 with $22m in annual funding secretly tucked away in US defence department budgets worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

Its initial funding came largely at the request of former Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat long known for his enthusiasm for space phenomena, the newspaper said.

Yet according to its backers, the program remains in existence and officials continue to investigate UFO episodes brought to their attention by service members, the newspaper said.

The Pentagon openly acknowledged the fate of the program in response to a Reuters query.

“The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 timeframe,” Pentagon spokeswoman Laura Ochoa said in an email.

“It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change,” she said.

But the Pentagon was less clear about whether the UFO program continues to hover somewhere in the vast universe of the US defence establishment.

“The DoD takes seriously all threats and potential threats to our people, our assets, and our mission and takes action whenever credible information is developed,” Ochoa said.

What is less in doubt is former senator Reid’s enthusiasm for UFOs and his likely role in launching the Pentagon initiative to identify advanced aviation threats.

“If you’ve talked to Harry Reid for [more than] 60 seconds then it’s the least surprising thing ever that he loves UFOs and got an earmark to study them,” former Reid spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said in a message on Twitter.

Or as Reid himself said in a tweet that linked to the Times’ story: “The truth is out there. Seriously.”

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

boja (17th December 2017), Divine Feminine (20th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), Elen (17th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th December 2017), enjoy being (17th December 2017), JRS (18th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017), Lemual (30th December 2017), The One (17th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Here's a link to one of the bits of software produced under the aforementioned budget.
    :-p

https://www.noradsanta.org/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Elen (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017), The One (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Here's a link to one of the bits of software produced under the aforementioned budget.
    :-p

https://www.noradsanta.org/
    Cute, it crashes my web browser. Perhaps you can tell us what's supposed to be at that link?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), Elen (17th December 2017), enjoy being (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), The One (17th December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Cute, it crashes my web browser. Perhaps you can tell us what's supposed to be at that link?
    It's a Santa-tracker at the North Pole with maps over buildings etc. and the little helpers all over the place...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2017), Divine Feminine (20th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), enjoy being (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017), The One (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Yes, it is neither a joke, nor is it wishful thinking from the likes of Stephen Bassett, and it's also not a phantasm from either David Wilcock, Michael Salla or — drum roll! — Alfred Lambremont Webre. Nope, this one's official, on the record, and it's being published in various newspapers, both within and outside of the USA.

There were many sources I could choose from for this thread, but the article below is from The Guardian — a paper not exactly known for publishing nonsense — with the exception of the image of the Pentagon. This is because The Guardian mangles its image links in such a way that they cannot be embedded anywhere else. The video can be found on YouTube, but it was posted on the website of the progressive Belgian newspaper De Morgen ("The Morning"), which also reported on this topic.

Task force that investigated sightings of unidentified flying objects ran from 2007 to 2012 with annual budget of $22m

Source: The Guardian

The Pentagon has acknowledged that it ran a secret UFO investigation program for five years, wrapping up in 2012 when US defence officials shifted attention and funding to other priorities.

The New York Times reported on Saturday that the program, tasked with investigating sightings of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, ran from 2007 to 2012 with $22m in annual funding secretly tucked away in US defence department budgets worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

Its initial funding came largely at the request of former Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat long known for his enthusiasm for space phenomena, the newspaper said.

Yet according to its backers, the program remains in existence and officials continue to investigate UFO episodes brought to their attention by service members, the newspaper said.

The Pentagon openly acknowledged the fate of the program in response to a Reuters query.

“The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 timeframe,” Pentagon spokeswoman Laura Ochoa said in an email.

“It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change,” she said.

But the Pentagon was less clear about whether the UFO program continues to hover somewhere in the vast universe of the US defence establishment.

“The DoD takes seriously all threats and potential threats to our people, our assets, and our mission and takes action whenever credible information is developed,” Ochoa said.

What is less in doubt is former senator Reid’s enthusiasm for UFOs and his likely role in launching the Pentagon initiative to identify advanced aviation threats.

“If you’ve talked to Harry Reid for [more than] 60 seconds then it’s the least surprising thing ever that he loves UFOs and got an earmark to study them,” former Reid spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said in a message on Twitter.

Or as Reid himself said in a tweet that linked to the Times’ story: “The truth is out there. Seriously.”

I saw a comment from one observer on twitter that the pictures weren't very good for the U.S. government. I thought it was kind of funny, I worked on those systems on the F-16. In fact, I was the person that first added color targeting systems on the Multi-Function Display Systems [MFDS]. Those cockpit frameworks are not intended to take pictures of Sunday picnics.

I actually by personal invitation had a chance to work on a 'futuristic' cockpit management system but left that job to work in the manned space program. I had moral cognitive dissonance regarding my work in the tactical aircraft systems field.

I hope the Men-In-Black don't pay me a visit due to this post.

This stuff is really getting real!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), Elen (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017), Lemual (30th December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    I hope the Men-In-Black don't pay me a visit due to this post.
    Unless you're looking for them...I don't think they'll find you!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Gawd, I hope not...they're weird
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2017), Dreamtimer (17th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2017), Elen (17th December 2017), Juniper (17th December 2017), Kathy (19th December 2017)