Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Net Neutrality

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    hmm, well, it is suppose to be 'Dynamic' but i was wondering if the 'source' seemed different...like something major...VPN's are supposed to be 'protective' somehow?
    Well, that wouldn't translate via the IP address. All we can see is the IP address and (if set) the hostname it translates to by way of a reverse DNS lookup. Your hostname is pretty "normal" ─ it does seem to put you in Texas, and your IP address confirms that, but that might be the VPN ─ but the forum engine does not keep track of the hostnames. It only keeps track of the IP addresses.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th February 2020), Elen (16th February 2020), Wind (16th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    ok, thanks...if you ever notice anything let me know...thnx
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th February 2020), Aragorn (15th February 2020), Dreamtimer (20th February 2020), Elen (16th February 2020), Wind (16th February 2020)

Thanks
    So I come into work this morning and my manager stops me in the hallway and tells me I need to check my test computer because it is making a strange crackling sound. another guy says it was weird and another guy says he has never heard anything like that before

I said no one ever believes me but it is my alien implants. Today they just gave me a weird look

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2020), Dreamtimer (20th February 2020), Elen (19th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    So I come into work this morning and my manager stops me in the hallway and tells me I need to check my test computer because it is making a strange crackling sound. another guy says it was weird and another guy says he has never heard anything like that before
    If it were a short-circuit, then it would most likely be going out with a bang in a matter of seconds. So that leaves two other possibilities. Either something got caught up in one of the cooling fans ─ that happens, and it can get noisy ─ or the hard disk drive is about to die, and the heads are beating up against the platters or moving about randomly.

I said no one ever believes me but it is my alien implants. Today they just gave me a weird look
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th February 2020), Elen (19th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    If it were a short-circuit, then it would most likely be going out with a bang in a matter of seconds. So that leaves two other possibilities. Either something got caught up in one of the cooling fans ─ that happens, and it can get noisy ─ or the hard disk drive is about to die, and the heads are beating up against the platters or moving about randomly.

It will be interesting to see what happens

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2020), Dreamtimer (20th February 2020), Elen (19th February 2020)