Thread: Me Too!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Wearing glasses is good, too.
    Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses....Dorothy Parker

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dreamtimer (14th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th December 2017), Elen (14th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I used to believe blonds had more fun. Then I began to understand what that means.

I saw a show once which examined that idea. A beautiful black-haired woman was interviewed who said she was a natural blond and hated it. People treated her like she was stupid and shallow, sexually loose, an object, etc. She said going dark was the best thing she ever did.

I was blond as a child and I turned brown with age. I know many women who were blond as children and continue to dye their hair blond. To each his/her own, eh?

And I heard a woman interviewed who was undergoing a gender reorientation. She recalled a specific mental change which happened once she began testosterone therapy. Before, when she had met a woman she found attractive she wanted to talk to her and get to know her and spend time with her. After, she just couldn't stop thinking about getting her in bed.

Ah, hormones. The more we understand them (and respect them) the better off we'll be.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th December 2017), Elen (14th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I used to believe blonds had more fun. Then I began to understand what that means.

I saw a show once which examined that idea. A beautiful black-haired woman was interviewed who said she was a natural blond and hated it. People treated her like she was stupid and shallow, sexually loose, an object, etc. She said going dark was the best thing she ever did.
    My wife is blond, and smart as a whip let me tell you. On occasion she uses the "dumb blond" stereotype to her advantage when a situation warrants it. Sometimes it's better to get a dumb as rocks look on your face and be considered a dumb bimbo, rather than seen as knowingly doing something that maybe you really shouldn't be doing.

Being pulled over for speeding might be a good example: "I'm so sorry officer (wearing stupid face), my mind was scattered in a million directions and I simply was not paying attention". Officer rolls eyes: "Well mam I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, but you need to pay more attention while operating a motor vehicle".
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dreamtimer (14th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th December 2017), Elen (14th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Frankly, I never got the sexual predator thing. I think getting a person to like you because of who you are was more important rather than getting your rocks off dominating/controlling them. Maybe having been raised by a strong mother made the difference. Looking back, I was so lucky in so many ways.

So, if you can’t keep your hands to yourself, no matter what she is wearing, you need to be outed as a pervert. Karma baby!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dreamtimer (14th December 2017), Elen (14th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), Kitsune (8th October 2018), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Thanks
    I had a blond student that was so good at playing stupid that she pulled the wool completely over my eyes. Of course, it was hard for me to understand at that age that a 12-year-old girl would already be so skilled at it. As it turns out, she had her parents fooled too, and she was so spoiled. I got played but it was a great lesson for me.

Dumpy, Seth Meyers was talking about Mike Pence's rules for being around women when in a room with the door closed. Seth said (basically), "If you don't know how to behave and you have to have rules, you shouldn't be alone in a room with her."

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th December 2017), Elen (15th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Thanks
    I had a blond student that was so good at playing stupid that she pulled the wool completely over my eyes. Of course, it was hard for me to understand at that age that a 12-year-old girl would already be so skilled at it. As it turns out, she had her parents fooled too, and she was so spoiled. I got played but it was a great lesson for me.

Dumpy, Seth Meyers was talking about Mike Pence's rules for being around women when in a room with the door closed. Seth said (basically), "If you don't know how to behave and you have to have rules, you shouldn't be alone in a room with her."
    Yeah, what about basic respect for another person? Again, in my belief system, I believe I’m you in another timeline. As some cutie in that timeline, I don’t want some leering lech (also me) messing with me. As the cutie, I’m supposed to find that special partner, not be a 15 minute trophy.

Try to step into the other guy’s shoes. Would you want that?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dreamtimer (14th December 2017), Elen (15th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (14th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Gee Fred, I really have to agree with Dreamtimer and Maggie and to hell with public appetite....if you want to say Me too!! say it and don't look for permission..............

Men have their own peer pressures to get passed and to pony up the courage to appear less than APE_LIKE/STOIC/STRONG/UNAFFECTED/NON-CHALANT, ETC................don't wait until you are or full or rage to show your sorrow and loss ...if more of this happened there would be less violence in the world I suspect. I see only a Human Being when heart is in the lead and my heart opens in return.

We are so afraid of our own emotions and what seems like not being in control when our feelings are on the front burner.....in essence one has never been in more control and more authentic than when identifying and integrating a feeling/vibration into oneness and eventual wholeness. It is called vulnerable, we are so real; it is scary........due to the foreign nature of keeping our inner most feelings out of reach and or at bay at all costs most of the time.

So I have already said Me Too!! and will say it again if it can help shift anyone into a state of feeling, integrating and wholeness. It is call EVOLUTION. and for all you Me too-er's!!
    Great Post, Sandy...your heart is a good one...

Quote Originally posted by Paloma View Post
    Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses....Dorothy Parker
    you know, I really don't agree with that. I've was always one of those weirdos that was irrisistably drawn to girls/women that wore glass and with freckles even better...Red hair was the absolute best. Redheads are beautiful.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Me too girls (and guys)...how did I deal with it? I cut my long blond hair off, made it short, and it made a big difference!
    it wouldn't have worked on me... I mean that in a friendly way....

I was blond as a child and I turned brown with age. I know many women who were blond as children and continue to dye their hair blond. To each his/her own, eh?

And I heard a woman interviewed who was undergoing a gender reorientation. She recalled a specific mental change which happened once she began testosterone therapy. Before, when she had met a woman she found attractive she wanted to talk to her and get to know her and spend time with her. After, she just couldn't stop thinking about getting her in bed.

Ah, hormones. The more we understand them (and respect them) the better off we'll be.
    well, my daughter (high schooler) has an attractive blonde friend that just had a baby shower...not married...So much for blondes...

Gawd yes...Unless, one WANTS to go to jail...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2017), Dreamtimer (14th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th December 2017), Elen (15th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), modwiz (14th December 2017), sandy (15th December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    For obvious reasons...I'm staying out of the "Blond discussion".

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2017), Dreamtimer (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (15th December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    That's 'cause you're smart. Obviously.

Blonde joke: (no offense)

A blonde, a redhead and a brunette were walking down the street. The brunette said, "Oh, look at the dead bird." The redhead looked down. The blonde looked up and around and said, "Where?"

(it's a good joke to tell, you can use physical humor)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Elen (15th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    That's 'cause you're smart. Obviously.

Blonde joke: (no offense)

A blonde, a redhead and a brunette were walking down the street. The brunette said, "Oh, look at the dead bird." The redhead looked down. The blonde looked up and around and said, "Where?"

(it's a good joke to tell, you can use physical humor)
    Personally, I would not look up or down...just straight ahead...who wants to look at dead things.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2017), Dreamtimer (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Like I said, smart.

I came across and article by an actress, can't recall the name right now, who said "Hell No!" whenever a man/boss/director tried to make her give sex for a role. Once they realized she wouldn't 'roll over' they stopped pushing her. Her advice to women is to stand up for themselves.

I've known men who push and push women simply to see how much they can get away with. Girls gotta have a backbone!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Elen (16th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), Lemual (16th December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    I've known men who push and push women simply to see how much they can get away with.
    That's a blade that cuts both ways, Sister. I've known quite a few women like that in my time.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Elen (16th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Indeed. How would I say no as a man? It's hard enough as a woman. Honeytraps work well which is why they are used. I was never a gold-digger and never aggressive and forward so I can safely say I never put a man through that. (whether or not they wanted...)

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2017), Chester (15th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (15th December 2017), Elen (16th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    This is interesting, from one of the latest accused Tavis Smiley. I've never been a fan of his, but I commend his well balanced opinions here:

In a Facebook video posted early Thursday morning, Smiley said he was “shocked” to hear PBS’s sudden announcement and intends to “fight back” against the network’s “so-called investigation.”

He said he has the “utmost respect” for all women, and celebrates “the courage of those women who have come forth of late to share their own truth.”

“Let me also assure you that I have never groped, inappropriately exposed myself or coerced any colleague in the workplace ever in my 30-year career,” Smiley said.

“If having a consensual relationship with a colleague years ago is the stuff that leads to this kind of public humiliation and personal destruction, heaven help us,”
    he added in a written statement posted on Facebook.

“It is clear that this has gone too far,” he said. “And I for one intend to fight back. PBS overreacted and they launched a sloppy investigation. It’s time for a real conversation in this country about where the lines are, about how men and women can engage each other in the workplace. And I look forward to actively participating in that conversation.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ons/?tid=a_inl

On that last one, where ARE the lines now? Can anyone define them?
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 16th December 2017 at 13:40. Reason: Added Link
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th December 2017), Dreamtimer (16th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (16th December 2017), Elen (16th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)

Thanks
    PBS and sloppy investigations. It goes together like coffee and donuts. I don't know the guy, but I half hope he burns them down, even if he really is a perv.

The cool thing about bad guy on bad guy interaction is both do damage to the other.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th December 2017), Dreamtimer (16th December 2017), Kathy (23rd December 2017), sandy (17th December 2017)