Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belief and Certainty

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts

Belief and Certainty

Well, to kick things off on this.

I believe that it is a certainty that at some point in the future, the human race will become extinct.
    I believe that there are people who don't believe humans could ever become extinct;.
    People who believe humans are the rightful heirs of the Earth, and that this is a forever thing.

I believe that the Earth has life which will always remain.
    I am certain that there will always be a life form which carries as a vessel, the consciousness of the planet.
    I am not certain anyone will understand my certainty.
    I believe that the vast majority of people believe in things which are fed by a need to believe in something.
    I am certain that most beliefs are distortions fed by a nagging sense of knowing nothing.
    I believe that while people search for these things, their lives pass by.
    And desperation sets in to feel like there has been success in that search.
    I believe that things will change. Change is a certainty.
    I don't believe it is possible for anyone to affect change.
    I am certain even that change is a result of failed beliefs and failure to believe.
    There are so many beliefs, which battle each other and force people to choose certainty..
    I believe that in these cases, certainty and stubbornness are interchangeable descriptors.
    I have certainty that some humans believe they know with certainty, the most, the truth.
    I believe that those humans would kill any who they believe have worked out what they know.
    I am quite certain that 90% or more of that which people concern themselves with, is fiction,
    and that it is only their belief in these concerns that breathe life to these things.
    These things like shadows and apparitions, depend on people to believe in them, to make them real.
    Meanwhile, the things which are most certain, continue uncelebrated, drowned out by the search for certainty of belief and the fighting over which delusion is to be declared the most convincing.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (3rd December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), pointessa (4th December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), tarka the duck (4th December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017), TimeSensitive (4th December 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    The fact that we can breathe Life into things makes us co-creators with God.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (6th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Well, to kick things off on this.

I believe that it is a certainty that at some point in the future, the human race will become extinct.
    I believe that there are people who don't believe humans could ever become extinct;.
    People who believe humans are the rightful heirs of the Earth, and that this is a forever thing.

I believe that the Earth has life which will always remain.
    I am certain that there will always be a life form which carries as a vessel, the consciousness of the planet.
    I am not certain anyone will understand my certainty.
    I believe that the vast majority of people believe in things which are fed by a need to believe in something.
    I am certain that most beliefs are distortions fed by a nagging sense of knowing nothing.
    I believe that while people search for these things, their lives pass by.
    And desperation sets in to feel like there has been success in that search.
    I believe that things will change. Change is a certainty.
    I don't believe it is possible for anyone to affect change.
    I am certain even that change is a result of failed beliefs and failure to believe.
    There are so many beliefs, which battle each other and force people to choose certainty..
    I believe that in these cases, certainty and stubbornness are interchangeable descriptors.
    I have certainty that some humans believe they know with certainty, the most, the truth.
    I believe that those humans would kill any who they believe have worked out what they know.
    I am quite certain that 90% or more of that which people concern themselves with, is fiction,
    and that it is only their belief in these concerns that breathe life to these things.
    These things like shadows and apparitions, depend on people to believe in them, to make them real.
    Meanwhile, the things which are most certain, continue uncelebrated, drowned out by the search for certainty of belief and the fighting over which delusion is to be declared the most convincing.
    This is just an opinion Nothing...

Life is hard, depression is even worse. We all NEED something to believe in to satisfy our existential need to have meaning in our life. Rationalization or not, we have a basic human requirement to rationalize our existence. Bear in mind that rationalization is only the same as denial in the mind of the dissastisfied, the unhappy, the depressed.

We must have that or life really is not worth living.

Guillermo Del Toro has an interesting outlook on such things and I agree with him to a degree. First, he doesn't believe in an afterlife...I try not to believe that. Second, he says when death is imminent, we are stripped of all of our illusions and in his case, fame, kudos, and well dones, and are faced with ourselves as mortal human beings and we are either satisfied or not. Those that are satisfied sense peace and those not, face fear.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (3rd December 2017), pointessa (4th December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It's hard for me to believe that humans will become extinct. I think there's enough time in Earth's life for us to learn to go off into the Solar System/Galaxy or even other dimensions. I also think we've been here much longer than current thinking says.

I'm not that old but I've already thought about when I'm done here, what will I have left behind. The answer is an awesome son and a husband that's a much better man than he would've been without me. That's enough for me.

I do believe we exist beyond these bodies and I believe I experience the proof every time I enter the Dreamtime. (as do others)

We focus on differences. And we're all mostly alike. And as we want to believe we're special as a species, individuals also want to see themselves as special and different. And then we divide over stupid and small differences because we want to think we're right or special.

The fact that we can breathe Life into things makes us co-creators with God.
    This is a beautiful statement.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    We are God...excepting perhaps for Aragorn who thinks he is some sort of rebel angel.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017), TimeSensitive (4th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    When I'm done here, if I can meet Aragorn in angel form, that would be pretty awesome.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2017), Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    ahem... we are one with God...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    ahem... we are one with God...
    Sure, that too...

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    When I'm done here, if I can meet Aragorn in angel form, that would be pretty awesome.
    You can speak to him on zoom...pretty easy.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017), The One (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    And now for something completely different i have just been informed the white avian's have arrived to save us.

Click on the image below.

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), GCS1103 (6th December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    They're looking for blue chickens to eat.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), sandy (3rd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It's great to have responses. And in such constructive manners. I agree with them all in certain ways.

I couldn't have made this conceptualisation in other places, where the level of response would have been greater but consist of a steady stream of posts along the the lines of,
    "I believe you are a screaming nut bar, no, I am certain of it".

Yet such a comment would be seen by me as a response in defence of belief as well.
    Defence of belief, it is a constant that goes more unnoticed than we might expect. Mostly the small things, which are often collaborated together as foundations to our personal truths.

We can breathe life to ideas and be co-creators, and we can stifle and stomp, and become destroyers.
    It is uncertain which we are most proficient at in these times, but one thing is for sure, that the later has been given light via our misplaced beliefs masquerading as certainty.

I believe that rocks are also sand, and that sand falls off rock.
    I believe that animals are in harmony with the Earth, and are glued there quite strongly.
    But that they can be prised off by humans as destroyers.
    I believe that some animals might over run others when the balance of all things is upset.
    I believe when the balance is upset then some become like sand and are blown in all directions.
    The measurement of this balance is certainly a marvel which at least seems intelligent.
    I believe that while humans toil over their troubles, we are merely organising the weighting of this balance and preparing the inevitable.
    I believe when the dinosaurs disappeared there were a few survivors which were capable of adapting, maybe because they had smaller appetites.

The eye of a needle.

I am certain that all is not what it seems.
    I have certainty that there is an existence for parts of us after physical death, I have witnessed things I believe to be unexplainable in other ways.
    I believe the scales attempt balance for humans, by teaching our souls balance by allowing experience.
    I believe this is done by making us return to walk in the shoes of others.
    I believe this would be logic as to why as sand that appears quite detached from the Earth, we humans are permitted to remain without being blown in all directions.

I am certain that we are constantly told all these things in fantastic prose and mime.
    The juxtapositions we encounter, the songs coming into our heads. The great dramas that unfold which carry messages we are often blind to.
    Because of belief.

And a waiata. A song that has one definition of being a sign of thanks to the listeners when a speaker held the floor.

The eye of the needle.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMdE1tcKBDg

Ha the previous version had 3 minutes of silence at the end
    Last edited by enjoy being, 3rd December 2017 at 20:40.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017), pointessa (4th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    We are God...excepting perhaps for Aragorn who thinks he is some sort of rebel angel.
    You have no idea how closely that description mirrors my general sentiments at the moment...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), enjoy being (3rd December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Happy perigee full moon to all.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (3rd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    It's great to have responses. And in such constructive manners. I agree with them all in certain ways.

I couldn't have made this conceptualisation in other places, where the level of response would have been greater but consist of a steady stream of posts along the the lines of,
    "I believe you are a screaming nut bar, no, I am certain of it".

Yet such a comment would be seen by me as a response in defence of belief as well.
    Defence of belief, it is a constant that goes more unnoticed than we might expect. Mostly the small things, which are often collaborated together as foundations to our personal truths.

We can breathe life to ideas and be co-creators, and we can stifle and stomp, and become destroyers.
    It is uncertain which we are most proficient at in these times, but one thing is for sure, that the later has been given light via our misplaced beliefs masquerading as certainty.

I believe that rocks are also sand, and that sand falls off rock.
    I believe that animals are in harmony with the Earth, and are glued there quite strongly.
    But that they can be prised off by humans as destroyers.
    I believe that some animals might over run others when the balance of all things is upset.
    I believe when the balance is upset then some become like sand and are blown in all directions.
    The measurement of this balance is certainly a marvel which at least seems intelligent.
    I believe that while humans toil over their troubles, we are merely organising the weighting of this balance and preparing the inevitable.
    I believe when the dinosaurs disappeared there were a few survivors which were capable of adapting, maybe because they had smaller appetites.

The eye of a needle.

I am certain that all is not what it seems.
    I have certainty that there is an existence for parts of us after physical death, I have witnessed things I believe to be unexplainable in other ways.
    I believe the scales attempt balance for humans, by teaching our souls balance by allowing experience.
    I believe this is done by making us return to walk in the shoes of others.
    I believe this would be logic as to why as sand that appears quite detached from the Earth, we humans are permitted to remain without being blown in all directions.

I am certain that we are constantly told all these things in fantastic prose and mime.
    The juxtapositions we encounter, the songs coming into our heads. The great dramas that unfold which carry messages we are often blind to.
    Because of belief.

And a waiata. A song that has one definition of being a sign of thanks to the listeners when a speaker held the floor.

The eye of the needle.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMdE1tcKBDg

Ha the previous version had 3 minutes of silence at the end
    LOL this has 7:21 minutes of silence.. hahahha no can access >>>>>>>>>>>>>>AND................with certainty I believe you are one deep dude with a heart of gold that will kick ass if need be in order to set right the Human Being...

For myself................I believe in my humanness more than not and thus can find fault and favour all at the same time...within and without!!

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th December 2017), enjoy being (4th December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (4th December 2017), modwiz (5th December 2017), TimeSensitive (4th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Haha thank you Sandy. Oh darn this is the other link that has the silence at the end

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFGVbMi9DnA
    any ways.. never to mind.

I believe I might be a bit transparent with that account of your perception lol. I'm maybe a little to skinny to be physically kicking butts, but I do have this tendency to speak up when I feel it is required. I was a champion amateur boxer back as a youth, but never really had the right brawling rage for it, I liked the dance of it all more than anything, but it did help in knowing if something happened I could at least defend myself.
    I believe in you actually Sandy, quietly going about your role as the even hand on this forum. I think you have some stories which would make many run for the hills, yet you sit calmly and yes exactly as you say in that last line.
    Last edited by Elen, 4th December 2017 at 07:25. Reason: Embedded video

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (5th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Juniper (4th December 2017), Kathy (6th December 2017), modwiz (5th December 2017), sandy (5th December 2017)