Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream On

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I dreamt I was talking with my mother. (she passed away more than a decade ago) She was talking about the merits of having paper white skin. I don't recall the details about why it was good. After our conversation I went upstairs into the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror I saw that I myself was paper white. The skin on my face and arms was as white as any I'd seen. My hair was platinum blond and my eyebrows were so pale I didn't think at first that I had any. My eyes were a very pale blue.

As I looked at my arms and hands I saw that I didn't have a left hand anymore. My arm ended just after my wrist. I put my arm down on the counter top to see what it felt like not to have a hand. But I could feel all my fingers. Each individual one. I was fascinated by this and wanted to go tell my husband about it.

I went back downstairs and found my mother. I asked her if she was responsible for changing me. She affirmed that she was. We went outside. It was very hot and although I didn't feel it I was concerned about the sun damaging my very pale skin.

I told my mother that I was not happy with her action. I was happy with the body I had and she had no right to replace it. She reacted in a way which indicated that she was mentally unstable and becoming emotionally dysfunctional. I realized that she had made a mistake and wasn't going to take responsibility. I went to find shade to protect myself. She went off in a bad state, I'm unsure what she did after she left my presence.

As I went to look for my husband to show him my hand and tell how I could feel my fingers my hand began to form and become more complete to the point that I had almost fully formed fingers.

I was not albino.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Chris (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2020), modwiz (20th May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (20th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    The Nordics?

Sometimes I'm not so happy about my nordic genes, whitest in the spectrum probably. Blonde hair, blue eyes... All that jazz.
    I like brunettes, my parents have brown hair. None of us children do, but my parents had blond(er) hair when they were younger.

I actually saw myself in a dream again, and I was looking into a mirror. It wasn't me though, because it was some guy with a very high hairline, he was almost bald. I thought that was weird as I like to have my long hair. Sometimes in dreams I see myself in the future looking at myself, but sometimes I'm looking at myself from another person's perspective. Or at least I'm in a different body and it feels very weird.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Chris (20th May 2020), Dreamtimer (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I'm not a big fan of those kind of dreams either...in truth, when I have a dream like that, I'm heading for a depressive mood. That is the message generally for me...they can be kind of scary actually. It is a reflection of the negative aspects of my self-image.

in a somewhat serious tone I say it is not possible to be too white...unless one is a ghost.

Here is a funny side note about the Capricorn's appearance...If they have pale skin, they reflect a 'sense' that they should be dark skinned...I dunno, maybe that is reminiscent of the 'dark side'. I've never had that problem...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 20th May 2020 at 16:32.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Chris (20th May 2020), Dreamtimer (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (20th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    The Nordics?

Sometimes I'm not so happy about my nordic genes, whitest in the spectrum probably. Blonde hair, blue eyes... All that jazz.
    I like brunettes, my parents have brown hair. None of us children do, but my parents had blond(er) hair when they were younger.

I actually saw myself in a dream again, and I was looking into a mirror. It wasn't me though, because it was some guy with a very high hairline, he was almost bald. I thought that was weird as I like to have my long hair. Sometimes in dreams I see myself in the future looking at myself, but sometimes I'm looking at myself from another person's perspective. Or at least I'm in a different body and it feels very weird.
    I noticed that is quite common amongst Finns. I saw a lot of Finnish girls in particular going the Emo route and dyeing their hair raven black. Then, when you see that the roots are blonde, it really creates a discordant effect. It doesn't really seem to happen in neighbouring countries that much so I wonder why that is?

As for the blonde, pale blue-eyed thing, I always thought that this is some remnant of a lost civilisation perhaps. It certainly doesn't seem too practical on our planet, or on the surface of it anyway.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Dreamtimer (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (20th May 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I noticed that is quite common amongst Finns. I saw a lot of Finnish girls in particular going the Emo route and dyeing their hair raven black. Then, when you see that the roots are blonde, it really creates a discordant effect. It doesn't really seem to happen in neighbouring countries that much so I wonder why that is?
    I don't know, but one of the reasons could be that Finland Is Still the Number 1 Metal Country in Europe and metalheads like to wear black and often dye their hair black too. The emo-goth subgenre is it's own thing though.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Dreamtimer (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    We have the opposite problem herein the States. Dyed blonds everywhere. I've always thought that pale hair dyed black looks wrong, whether or not the roots show. It's too fine. It looks somehow weak.

I have Danish and Scottish blood. I was blond as a child, golden, not platinum. I was never super pale, but I did sunburn a lot growing up in Arizona and swimming in pools.

My hair started going brown around nine years of age. I always had brown eyes. My aunt loved my brown eyes. She had brown eyes, her husband had blue and all three of their children had blue eyes. She had wanted at least one with brown. They were of German heritage. (I was adopted, for those who don't know/recall).

My brother had black hair and hazel eyes and was very fair as a child.

Usually in dreams, if my hair is different, it's a combination of darker and lighter brown. Sometimes it's red.

I've had some unpleasant/disturbing dreams recently, just a couple, but I didn't want to share them. Most have been fine, if a little weird.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (20th May 2020)

Thanks
    most of the light skin began with the Neanderthal variants...red hair, blue eyes, etc. 10,000 years of evolution has just modified the structure of the genome to what it is today. I saw the other day that Neanderthals are now going back to being troglodyte thugs...Damn, just when I was getting onboard with those ol' boys...

Here's the thing, I believe, bolstered by verified researchers that Neanderthals were more peace loving than their homo sapiens brothers and sisters. The modern humans truly reigned hell on this Earth (some variants of them).

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2020), Dreamtimer (20th May 2020), Elen (21st May 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (20th May 2020)

Thanks
    I was dreaming about batteries all night not surprising as i planned to test my new lawn battery today after returning the other 'new' one...It worked for about a half hour and then went dead and according to my two chargers it is trashed. That puts out about 500 dollars of lawn batteries in the last month...How can I be eco-friendly if i can't get a battery that works...frustrateddddd

as well as the other battery i had ... the last one

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    lawn mower batteries that is...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Well, I for one certainly had a very weird dream last night, and I don't remember all of it anymore, because there were yet two other dreams after that one, and I remember those even less.

It started out with myself being merely a third-party observer, as if I was watching something on TV. I was observing a young couple ─ I'm guessing early twenties, if they were that old. The guy somehow reminded me of Peter Parker, alias Spiderman ─ in fact, I think it was him, but in his normal daily attire. The girl had long hair ─ possibly a redhead, but that's one of the details I don't remember.

They were at a fairly modern-looking urban setting. At a given point, a supernatural being ─ looking somewhat like a dark-blond male of around 40 years of age, with very straight hair that reached far enough down to cover his ears, but not far enough yet to touch his shoulders ─ crossed their path and either wanted to do them harm or claim their souls or something. His eyes where all white and glowing, but other than that, he looked very "normal". He wore a pair of jeans and a cotton shirt. He did however come across as some kind of demon.

And that's where I myself came into the dream as an actual participant, rather than as an observer. I walked up to the couple and the "demon", I told the two young people I would take care of it, and I proclaimed to the "demon" that the couple was under my care, because I had been entrusted with their supervision, and that therefore he was interfering with my work. And the strange thing is that I knew I was just making that up on the spot and bluffing, but then I chose to make it "true", as if I was in some kind of a live-action role-playing game and I could make it real by simply wanting it to be. The "demon" then consented to my "taking the two young people under my care", and he disappeared again ─ I don't remember whether he walked away or whether he just vanished into thin air, but he seemed to respect me as an equal, doing a similar job to his.

I don't remember too much anymore of what came right after that, but from that point on, I myself became the protagonist of my dream, and like the Peter Parker character earlier, I too had a female companion now ─ a beautiful blonde young woman with long hair, but rather in her late 20s or early 30s. I myself appeared to be in my mid 30s, and my hair was also short again, just as it was in real life when I was indeed in my 30s. I was also leaner and stronger than I am now. And at that point, the LARP had effectively become real. I was now some sort of supernatural creature myself ─ as was my female companion ─ somewhat akin to an angel, but without all of the stereotypical traits of the Biblical angels. No wings, no halos, no flaming sword. Just a very human-looking character. And my companion was ─ as I said already ─ a very beautiful young woman, very humble and inconspicuous in her demeanor, but nevertheless a very powerful being, with a soul that ─ like mine ─ was not human.

Then some more things happened that I do not remember, but then later on, I found myself communicating with other "angels" ─ some of whom were not physically present, while others had a human body, just like my female companion and myself ─ and from the conversation, two things became clear. One was that the "demon" was in fact no different from myself or my companion. He was just like me, and he was not from any "dark side", because there was no dark side. What there was, however, was merely disagreeing factions in a very chaotic universe, and the one whom I had deemed "the demon" was simply working for one of the other factions, and doing what he had been ordered to do ─ whatever that may have been.

So that was the first thing that became clear. The second thing was even weirder, because ─ and this is where I don't remember things clearly anymore now ─ there was some weird thought process, some logic, that made it appear to myself and perhaps to others that even though I had assumed this persona as some kind of ad hoc LARP when the young couple was under threat from the "demon", it turned out that I was after all a real "angel" ─ for lack of a better description ─ and that I had acted with integrity and honor. I was exonerated from any and all doubts and insecurity I had regarding myself.

It was communicated to me ─ not via words, but via abstract images and logic ─ that I was sent "here" exactly because of my honor and integrity, and regardless of how I had often felt that I had failed myself, I hadn't. I had been honorable all along in everything I had been doing throughout my presence here on this planet, but it was the circumstances of my "life" that had caused me to doubt myself. And in addition to that, I now knew with certainty ─ because this was explicitly communicated to me ─ that I was playing a role in the bigger picture. I wasn't just some foot soldier, so to speak, but one of the (many) powerful forces in the universe, living a life on Earth as a humble human who constantly doubts himself, but who possesses more power than he had ever imagined. And now, it was time for my female companion and myself ─ we were a designated team ─ to get involved in the bigger things.

If anything can be said about this dream, then it's that it was definitely one of the weirdest I've ever had, but it left me feeling good. I don't normally dream of this kind of stuff. In fact, most of my dreams are very, very down-to-earth ─ like dreams about everyday events, or about situations from the past, often involving my parents. Quite often my dreams are unpleasant too ─ even nightmarish. So this dream was definitely out of the ordinary.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    That sure sounds like a powerful dream. I have a feeling that it was a message from the other side to remind you.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That sure sounds like a powerful dream. I have a feeling that it was message from the other side to remind you.
    It could have been, and if so, then that would please me very much. But I'm also sober enough to seek more mundane explanations for my dreams, and there might be one or two things from my everyday life that have transmogrified themselves into last night's dreamscape.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Then some more things happened that I do not remember, but then later on, I found myself communicating with other "angels" ─ some of whom were not physically present, while others had a human body, just like my female companion and myself ─ and from the conversation, two things became clear. One was that the "demon" was in fact no different from myself or my companion. He was just like me, and he was not from any "dark side", because there was no dark side. What there was, however, was merely disagreeing factions in a very chaotic universe, and the one whom I had deemed "the demon" was simply working for one of the other factions, and doing what he had been ordered to do ─ whatever that may have been.
    This part is outstanding to me...a gentle reminder that we are just playing out roles for each other. And you said that you felt good about it when awake...hey? Need I say more, Aragorn.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Dreamtimer (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    Your dream makes perfect sense to me, Aragorn, based on what you have already told about yourself, as well as demonstrated.

You took power for a good purpose as is your nature and it became real.

I'm glad you awoke feeling positive. That's a very good sign.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    I don't know about you guys and gals, but lately I've seen a lot of vivid, lifelike dreams.
    It's been quite hot here so maybe that's partly the reason for it.

From last night I remember a dream where I saw very clearly beautiful butterflies. They were these that I see most often here in the summer, Aglais io, the European peacock. Butterflies are a very strong symbolism for rebirth and change, I suppose I've been in a chrysalis stage in my life again. I've lost much and now I'm starting it all over again. Perhaps heartbreak has opened my heart even more.

Butterflies are deep and powerful representations of life. Many cultures associate the butterfly with our souls. The Christian religion sees the butterfly as a symbol of resurrection. Around the world, people view the butterfly as representing endurance, change, hope, and life. There is no doubt the butterfly has significant meanings to us.

Through heartfelt stories, we have heard butterflies symbolizing the passing of a loved one, or life struggles that people have endured to emerge as a better person. We have heard stories from cancer fighters and survivors, people who have dealt with mental breakdowns, heartache, and drug addictions. Butterflies have also been a symbol for celebrations, weddings, life, and our journeys.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2020), Dreamtimer (24th June 2020), Elen (24th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2020)