Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream On

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I haven't seen it sounds interesting.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd March 2018), Elen (23rd March 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I haven't seen it sounds interesting.
    ...ok, not surprised. Aren’t you on season 4 of GOT? You’ve got to get caught up on that before the world ends at least.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd March 2018), Elen (24th March 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    This is from August of last year and is about dreaming for healing and romance. It's Robert talking with Kelly sullivan Walden.

Is this your writing? Is the woman a dreamer?
    Good stuff, Nothing...it's a gift...

interlocking dreams, i have never had that experience though I have met people in real life that i had dreamed about ... like the next day. I dreamed about a lady named 'Celly' got a call out of the blue from New York the next day from someone called Cecilia. In the course of the conversation I remarked that I had a dream the night before and met someone named Celly. She said, "Really!", i said yeah and she said that was her nickname so named by her friends. Just another dream occurrence for me. Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Anyway, to the point, the last person that recounted an interlocking dream experience died shortly thereafter so I'm not sure I care do that one.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd March 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd March 2018), Elen (24th March 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Lightbulb

I had a dream earlier this morning in which I was helping a young blonde teenage girl — she looked between 13 and 15 years old — with packing up some stuff that looked like drawings and school stuff, and then my dad came to pick me up in a small metallic green and still quite new looking city car — a car which he never owned in reality — and I asked him if it was okay to give the girl a ride home. He agreed. The rest of the dream was essentially just us riding in the car — I was in the backseat on the right and the girl was in the front passenger seat — and was filled with conversations between my dad and myself, and even a visual of a certain place that is dear to me, but none of that bears any relevance to what I'm about to say next.

As I was looking at the news headlines on Google today, I saw a headline in the Belgian news section that the body had been found of a missing girl from the francophone part of the country. She was mentioned by name — Angélique. She was 13, blonde, and her face more or less corresponded to that of the girl in my dream.

According to the news article, Angélique had left home to visit friends, but she never arrived there. A younger child told the police that they had seen the girl walk off with an adult man. This adult man turned out to be a known rapist. During his interrogation, he confessed to the police that he had taken the girl home with him with the intent of raping her, but somehow he did not succeed at that, and so he strangled her and dumped her body.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th April 2018), enjoy being (30th April 2018), JRS (30th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (29th April 2018)

Thanks
    No doubt about that one. It's too bad you couldn't have done more...maybe your father did with you serving as the liasison.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th April 2018), Dreamtimer (29th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    No doubt about that one. It's too bad you couldn't have done more...maybe your father did with you serving as the liasison.
    The appearance of my father in my dreams is almost always a harbinger of (very) bad news.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    yeah...I hear that...

Last christmas before, my brother and I were at a stoplight and I looked out and saw a graveyard. I told him that I had dreamed of one the night before. He asked me if I was dreaming about anyone in particular and I said no...it was just a scene where we were overlooking it. I woke up the next morning and discovered that my brother had rushed to our hometown because my stepmother had suffered a minor heart attack. My sister-in-law said he seemed uncharacteristically agitated. My stepmother did die a couple months later.

Having those kind of dreams can be unsettling if one knows what to expect...I try very hard to make sure I am understanding correctly to avoid any unnecessary dread. I get good news that way too, though.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th April 2018), Dreamtimer (29th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), enjoy being (30th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    Wow, Aragorn. What an experience. Hopefully you and your Dad were helping her transition.

I had a weird dream where fish were swimming in the air and hallways were like slides. It was quite an interesting landscape.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th April 2018), enjoy being (30th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    yeah...I hear that...

Last christmas before, my brother and I were at a stoplight and I looked out and saw a graveyard. I told him that I had dreamed of one the night before. He asked me if I was dreaming about anyone in particular and I said no...it was just a scene where we were overlooking it. I woke up the next morning and discovered that my brother had rushed to our hometown because my stepmother had suffered a minor heart attack. My sister-in-law said he seemed uncharacteristically agitated. My stepmother did die a couple months later.
    My condolences.

Having those kind of dreams can be unsettling if one knows what to expect...I try very hard to make sure I am understanding correctly to avoid any unnecessary dread. I get good news that way too, though.
    Yes, so do I, but the symbolism is often confusing. Before the dream I that just described higher up, I had several other dreams. In one of them, I saved a baby boy of about one year old from drowning in a flood. The baby could talk fairly well, but I don't remember what he said, or whether it was even meaningful. I think he said something about where he lived, but I'm not sure. I do however remember that he wore a kind of dark blue jumpsuit.

About a week ago, I dreamed that I was getting married to the girl of my dreams, but we were both poor and it was a very modest ceremony. But then a man who used to run a tavern/restaurant here in town offered to cook for us and take care of some minor catering, all at no charge. There weren't exactly going to be many attendees anyway. The tavern/restaurant this man used to run has already been owned and run by other people for at least 15 years now, and last I heard at the time was that the previous owner — the one who was going to cook for us — had relocated to France with his two sons and had opened a kind of hostel there. I haven't seen him anymore since.

I also often dream of getting lost somewhere in a very large city. It usually coincides with exiting a very complex building. And during the past week, I had three nights where I dreamed that I was working as a blue collar in a very complex factory, and that I got lost in there. And in one of those dreams I was chastised for it too, by a thirty-something blonde female from the human resources department.

Now, I have often heard that dreaming of a wedding — especially your own, if you've never been married before — is an omen of very bad luck. Conversely, I've also heard that dreaming of a baby would be a sign of good luck. I honestly wouldn't know. I think all that symbolism is probably going to be different for each and every person. All I know is what it means when my dad shows up in my dreams, and especially when he and I are having an argue. And I do dream about him a lot.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th April 2018), enjoy being (30th April 2018), Kathy (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    You do have your own symbolism in dreams, so your feelings about your father are well-founded, Aragorn. Sorry to hear that it's a bad kind of sign. But having a sure sign is good.

I don't think the wedding dream would be bad luck for you, but I'd ask what your feelings were about the dream when you awoke. If you felt good about that dream, that's a good sign. Saving a baby is good, that seems obvious (to me). A baby is something new, vital, vulnerable. Something full of promise.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th April 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    I don't think the wedding dream would be bad luck for you, but I'd ask what your feelings were about the dream when you awoke. If you felt good about that dream, that's a good sign.
    Well, that's the weird thing about it. I don't know why, but my feelings both in and after the dream were ambivalent. On the one hand, getting married to the girl of my dreams would be an unmistakable source of joy — and there certainly was that — but on the other hand, there was something uncomfortable about her that I couldn't put my finger on. I wasn't as happy or passionate as I should have been, and there was a certain feeling of detachment on my part — as if I didn't love her as much as I would have wanted. I was very confused about it when I woke up.

Mind you, it is very rare that I have a dream in which I am truly feeling happy or delighted. Even when there are plenty of reasons to be happy, more often than not there will also be something disrupting going on under the hood somewhere, and then that disruption usually doesn't get resolved before I wake up.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), enjoy being (30th April 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    This is long and I apologise if it grates sensibilities in being long, how's it go, sorry in advance, but I think it has some use.

During the time of which my last grandparent died I was 'given' the task of being a form of intermediary. My Gran had 'died' but was given the chance to come back for a week. I travelled through the night to see her at the beginning of that week, and she was unresponsive when I first saw her.
    The next morning we received a call to say she had miraculously bounced back and was up and about, had showered, and was down in the lounge playing games with the others. For the next week I hardly left her side. She wouldn't speak to many others. She was telling me all these strange cryptic things. Like, "I have seen a marvel", she had been the matriarch, a tough no-nonsense woman in many ways. She dominated her husband and was a typical farmer when it came to working and attitude towards the lives of animals.
    But during this week, I could see she had come back missing a lot of those hard edges. She was serene and looked like the soul who had first arrived, before life took its forms around her. All the time of this week, the awareness of who she had become was a constant download to me. There are far too many things to recount about the time. The veil certainly get very thin when it is required, and I was honoured to be given that task of helping whoever needed it in that time. I felt like a translator. I felt like it was a dream! Gran at the end of the week started looking around if someone came through the door, and then would shake her head. I knew she was waiting for the 3 grandsons who would not come to see her. Such a sad thing that they wouldn't. She also had adopted a little shrug of the shoulders and accompanying smile, which was used when people tried to ask of things which were controversial. She had already been and come back, and had lost a lot of attachment to the details of the earthly life.
    Near the end of the week she was trying to tell me she was going soon, and that I could still keep visiting but she didn't want my beautiful cousin to be there when she passed. Her message was cut short by the visiting of a very old family friend, so I left them have their time after telling Gran who was here, that was the last time she was lucid. The beautiful cousin and I spent that evening at her bedside, the cousin telling me all the things she and gran had done in the last 10 or so months, well years really, but Gran had remained living at home until the last 3 months.
    She had broken Gran out of 'jail' and taken her places and gone for cups of tea, all kinds of life embracing adventures. About 10 months before they had gone to my cousin's place and she showed Gran all about emails. My aunt and uncle were away overseas at the time so the cousin, their daughter, said, lets send an email to them in Canada. Gran dictated the letter and my cousin typed it and sent it. It never arrived!
    It was my aunt who told me the rest of the story. Before I had heard that bit. They had had my cousin say, "So, did you get the email?" etc etc. No, no email. My cousin has had ill health and they thought maybe she had pushed the wrong button. !0 months had passed, and on the weekend of which Gran first had the turn, the week before she died, the email turned up out of thin air. It was delivered fresh, with old dates on it. In the email near the end, after all the tensions my Aunt has had in her life with Gran, it read, "My dearest daughter, I know I have not said this to you nearly enough over the years, but I just want you to know that I love you a whole lot."
    So, the night in which we sat there with Gran and the cousin told me all these wonderful things she had been doing to give Gran some joy, I felt so elated to know this, as I had thought the family had all been too busy.
    We left, and made the plan to return the next night for another party. That night I had a different dream to all the ones Ihad been having over the week. In it, nothing was really said or done, but I woke up with my pillow soaked and tears running down my face. I knew that Gran had decided it was time, that was the whole sway of the dream. It was pretty hard not to translate it because of the landscape I had been living in for a week.
    I had visted during the day the next day, and Gran was certainly fading. No more conversations or acknowledgement even.
    I cam back after dinner, as planned, and we found our Uncle there, the one who had basically forbidden his sons to visit. Which is a separate story, lets say he was a representative for some aspect of the past I suppose. The cousin was there, we were all trying to outlast each other, wanting him to go. Eventually my cousin gave in and had to leave at around 9.15pm. Gran passed away at 9.45pm, holding a hand from each side of her legacy.
    What I take from this, or the purpose of recounting this, is that when it really matters, you know exactly what to do or what is being said. All else is just guidance, still valuable and amazing.
    I tried to call one of those cousins, tracked him down and spoke to him saying Gran has asked me to try and get him to come and see her, he refused, he was scared, he had seen his other Gran die from motor-neuron disease. Tough farmers, the Uncle had told them it is okay to not visit. Their choice. So sad as Gran was so beautiful and she was going to heal those fears and more. I of course, became the bad guy for following Grans wishes. The uncle and I "discussed" that in front of Gran on that last evening.
    My other Gran, Nan, well she didn't need any help when she passed. She died alone in her sleep at home, contented, not found for 3 days. Funny enough though, when my family went to her house, my sister saw 2 maori men standing guard over Nan's room. She had never seen ghosts, but did that day. We had all been there a week before to celebrate Nan's 90th. So perfect. I had given her $300 quietly. She supported me when I left home, one of the few who believed in me, and she gave me $10 a week for 4 years while I struggled, she was a pensioner and could not afford it really but we had had arguments about me not wanting to take the money. The money was still there, minus $30. I asked it be used to pay someone we all know to come and clear the house.
    He said it was fine, that there were 2 men there, just guarding a few things, and they soon left peacefully after passing on a message regards a few objects which needed to be handled appropriately.

Now, that went on a bit, and wasn't entirely about dreaming...some reason I don't know of. For someone, probably just as much for myself.

A quick flick back to Gran. On the night she first went away, another woman in the rest home did too. And she bounced back at the same time, and then they both passed away about 2 hours apart. During the week, a caregiver came in with a cardigan saying, this is Grans, but it wasn't it actually was the other woman's. When we were clearing out the room after Gran had left, we found a pair of long pants in the wardrobe, belonging also to this random woman. When people pass at that rest home they place a photo and a candle on a wall table in the lobby. I looked and my draw dropped because they looked like they could have been sisters and they didn't even know each other!
    Last edited by enjoy being, 30th April 2018 at 02:02.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, that's the weird thing about it. I don't know why, but my feelings both in and after the dream were ambivalent. On the one hand, getting married to the girl of my dreams would be an unmistakable source of joy — and there certainly was that — but on the other hand, there was something uncomfortable about her that I couldn't put my finger on. I wasn't as happy or passionate as I should have been, and there was a certain feeling of detachment on my part — as if I didn't love her as much as I would have wanted. I was very confused about it when I woke up.

Mind you, it is very rare that I have a dream in which I am truly feeling happy or delighted. Even when there are plenty of reasons to be happy, more often than not there will also be something disrupting going on under the hood somewhere, and then that disruption usually doesn't get resolved before I wake up.
    Two nights ago I had a very real dream about my son's mother, who I am still quite fond of. It had amazing insight about her. She told me things that she would be unable to say in real life. It was very comforting, as well as illuminating.

This is a great thread and has a campfire feel to it.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), enjoy being (30th April 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018)

Thanks
    That's quite a story, Nothing.

The two men standing guard is really something. Nan must have been special.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), enjoy being (30th April 2018), Kathy (3rd June 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    She was Dreamtimer. She read lots and appreciated beauty, she could talk for hours about the land in all its poetic detail.
    Her and Poppa started their marriage up in the far north of New Zealand where it is a very spiritual place for the maori people. They believe the dead go to Spirits Bay up north as a final meeting place before they depart for the after life.
    Poppa and Nan were basically pioneers up there in the 30's and 40's, Pop was a dairy factory manager so never went to war. I was told stories of the relationship they had up there with the people, what they did for each other and of the amazing displays of loyalty and love. From what I have heard, there's still a few who remember the name of my Poppa. So I presume that this is where those guardians came from, they were watching over her when we couldn't.
    Thanks for the chance.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2018), Dreamtimer (30th April 2018), Elen (30th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Kathy (3rd June 2018), modwiz (30th April 2018)