Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Dream On

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Perhaps that is a way to psychologically satisfy those cravings and not need to in your waking life.
    Could be. I've been having some wild dreams this week again, but I can't make sense of them.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2022), Aragorn (18th June 2022), Dreamtimer (18th June 2022), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Thinking

I had a very strange dream just before I woke up, but I immediately wrote as much of it down as I could remember, so as to not forget the details.

I was sitting in the front row on a bus — it looked quite old, and it was either light grey or beige — and the bus driver was a woman in her late 30s or early 40s. The windshield had a big, jagged hole in it — as if someone had thrown a big stone at it — right in front of her face, but given that it was a very sunny and warm day and that we've just had a heatwave over here, I figured it would have offered her some welcome cooling while driving. It was late in the afternoon; I'm guessing it was somewhere around 17:00.

Next to me on my left sat my mother, and a little farther away from me on the right sat my father, but he didn't say or do anything. He was just sitting there. I was lamenting to my mother about something, but I don't remember what it was about, and then smilingly, she said something along the lines of "Oh well, just live your own life, as we all do."

As she said that, I saw both her life and my own life next to each other before my eyes in the shape of parallel lines, with her line shorter than mine, and thus her life bound to end before mine. Parents normally don't outlive their children, and my mother died in 1996, so what I saw made sense. But the feeling I got from that experience was that we're all struggling in our own ways while we're here on Earth, but that we nevertheless get the chance to be with one another and share things for a certain amount of time, until one's time is up and death makes us part ways. Or otherwise put: cherish your loved ones, because they won't be with you forever. I got tears in my eyes, and I hugged her, pressing her cheek against mine.

Then the bus came to a stop and lots of people got off, apparently including the female driver. Then, in agreement with my mother, I took the driver's place and I set the bus in motion again. It was a really old bus, with a manual transmission, and the positioning of the steering wheel and the gear lever wasn't exactly ergonomic.

As soon as I set the bus in motion, I had to slow down and stop again, because a little girl was running toward the rightmost front wheel of the bus, apparently wanting to pick up a toy that had fallen or ended up there, and she seemed totally oblivious of the approaching danger. She was about 8 or 9 years old and very cute, with long, wavy brown hair. I told her something along the lines of "Hey, are you trying to get yourself killed, or what?", but not in any angry tone — more in a shocked tone, because I had nearly run her over. She said nothing, picked up her toy, turned around and ran off again.

I set the bus in motion again and slowly drove it along the road. Then someone was standing on the road, and like a police officer, directed me toward the driveway of some organization or business on the right side of the road. It was clearly the intended destination of everyone on the bus. I drove the bus onto the driveway and stopped in front of a building. It looked like it could have been a railway station, or perhaps a sea port building. I put the transmission into neutral, pulled on the handbrake and shut down the engine, and then my mother and I both got off the bus, along with all the other remaining passengers. I didn't see my dad anymore, but at the same time, he was also not in my thoughts anymore, just as if he had never even been on the bus.

And then I woke up...

I'm pretty convinced that there's a message in there somewhere — a message beyond the obvious, that is, i.e. that it wasn't about how my mother actually loved me, even though my relationship with her while she was still alive was a very strained one due to her alcoholism. No, I'm convinced that the message was in the scenario and the sequence of events...:

• an old bus, driven by a female in her late 30s or early 40s;
    • a hole in the windshield right in front of the driver's face;
    • my mother sitting right next to me on the left, while my father passively sat farther away from me on my right;
    • the people and the driver getting off the bus, and my taking the driver's place;
    • having to brake and stop for the little girl;
    • being pointed toward the driveway, driving up there, and parking the bus, and then everyone disembarking, my mother and myself included, and then standing at that terminal — a place from where one would embark on a different journey, or maybe just hang out and do something else.

So, apart from the fact that we're only together with our loved ones for a while here on Earth — but for a time that could be long and, most importantly, joyous if we choose to make it so — there must be more to the dream in terms of a message, or maybe even multiple messages. Now if only I knew what those messages were...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (27th July 2022), Wind (28th July 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    [...]

I'm pretty convinced that there's a message in there somewhere — a message beyond the obvious, that is, i.e. that it wasn't about how my mother actually loved me, even though my relationship with her while she was still alive was a very strained one due to her alcoholism. No, I'm convinced that the message was in the scenario and the sequence of events...:

• an old bus, driven by a female in her late 30s or early 40s;
    • a hole in the windshield right in front of the driver's face;
    • my mother sitting right next to me on the left, while my father passively sat farther away from me on my right;
    • the people and the driver getting off the bus, and my taking the driver's place;
    • having to brake and stop for the little girl;
    • being pointed toward the driveway, driving up there, and parking the bus, and then everyone disembarking, my mother and myself included, and then standing at that terminal — a place from where one would embark on a different journey, or maybe just hang out and do something else.

So, apart from the fact that we're only together with our loved ones for a while here on Earth — but for a time that could be long and, most importantly, joyous if we choose to make it so — there must be more to the dream in terms of a message, or maybe even multiple messages. Now if only I knew what those messages were...

Preliminary analysis, and possibly a wrong one... The old bus, with a damaged windshield, and the driver and several passengers leaving and myself taking over and driving the bus to its destination... Could that represent the forum and my taking over from Malc?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (27th July 2022), Wind (28th July 2022)

Thanks
    Sometimes we are the passengers, other times sitting on the driver's seat. Eventually we will all get off on the last stop and meet again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2022), Fred Steeves (28th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Sometimes we are the passengers, other times sitting on the driver's seat. Eventually we will all get off on the last stop and meet again.
    That reminds me.

I happened to get into a brief impromptu conversation waiting in a long queue yesterday morning with some guy I didn't know from Adam, and next thing you know, we're both laughing in agreement that one way or another, it's inevitable that we're all going to the same place.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th July 2022), Wind (28th July 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Interesting thought... I think you're onto something there...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (28th July 2022), Wind (28th July 2022)

Thanks
    That reminded me of something too. Some time ago my father told me that his father appeared to him two nights in a row in his dreams. It was apparent to me that he was impacted by those dreams where he was spending time with his father, it was obvious to me that my grandfather came to pay a visit from the other realm, my father hasn't had the easiest time lately either as his back issues culminated quite a bit a few months earlier, but he has been recovering now. Anyways, my father is a bit more hesitant to believe in matters of the spirit, but when I told him that it was his father really visiting him he was open to that possibility. He said that his father talked about some things and also his father moved further on and kept some kind of a watch there, but it was not my father's time to be there yet.

I wish I could remember my dreams of late. Something peculiar is going on again, because I remember certain glimpses here and there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2022), Fred Steeves (30th July 2022)