Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream On

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    lol, pretty true ... b.t.w. if you win I'll send you my bank account info.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th February 2021), Dreamtimer (5th February 2021), Elen (5th February 2021), Wind (4th February 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My parents had something parallel to winning the lottery happen. The result was that they became convinced they would never run out of money and started spending like they had hundreds of millions. But they didn't have hundreds of millions. And they went through almost all of it while still claiming they'd never run out.

They didn't bet on horses. They bought them.

I don't recommend buying race horses. You pay for them while they're eating and sleeping and pooping and you don't make money off them unless they win the race, which they mostly do not.

If I dreamt lottery numbers I'd play them. I'd be stupid not to, imo. And if I won, I'd set up a trust and leave it to my son. Then he'd be set for life and I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 5th February 2021 at 11:34.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th February 2021), Elen (6th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2021), Wind (5th February 2021)

Thanks
    yeah, I'm feeling you DT

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th February 2021), Dreamtimer (5th February 2021), Elen (6th February 2021), Wind (5th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    My father has been putting lots of money on the lottery, horse races and some other sports for more than 30+ years now.

He's still waiting for the "big payout", personally I've just seen the futility of that. It's mostly hopium.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th February 2021), Dreamtimer (5th February 2021), Elen (6th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th February 2021), Kathy (5th February 2021)

Thanks
    My husband and I went on a road trip. The night before I dreamt I was seeing turkey vultures. I kept seeing more and closer. Then I began to look for an eagle or hawk because I've learned that they will fly with groups of vultures for cover. I've spotted both that way. So in the dream I'm looking for an eagle. I see a couple more vultures up close and then, sure enough, I see an eagle. I try to determine if it's a bald eagle or not.

Next day, it was a sunny drive. Along a highway I began to notice many turkey vultures flying overhead, out from the trees, over the road below the tops of the trees. I said to my husband that we might see an eagle. I saw more vultures close to the road, coming out of or landing in trees. I said that I predict we'd see an eagle because this was so much like the dream I had the night before.

A few miles down the road I saw a brown bird, lighter brown than the vultures, come out of a tree and land on the grass on the other side of the highway. As it landed I saw the white tail open up and I knew it was an eagle. I told my husband to keep his eye on the side of the road. As we approached the eagle took off and circled back around and almost over us. He saw it take off and remarked on it's path.

Then he says, "Didn't you just say like five minutes ago that we'd see an eagle?"

I sure did.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st March 2021), Elen (2nd March 2021), Emil El Zapato (1st March 2021), Wind (1st March 2021)

Thanks
    I've been having some interesting deja vu. Rather than the exact moment, the deja vu is related to how it might have unfolded had things been different. And happily, the actual manifestation has been better than the possibility.

As an example, I was spending time with family and then had a deja vu where the interaction had been less pleasant and more tense. The actual interaction was good. It felt like I'd seen how things might have unfolded.

I think I already related this story about packing furniture.

I stepped down carefully and then realized I could have hurt myself had I been careless, which I almost was. I then had a deja vu about having bruised my leg and sitting on the curb.

But I didn't bruise it and so didn't need to sit on the curb.

And the change was simple, paying attention to actions as opposed to being distracted by thoughts, to which I am prone.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2021), Wind (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    And the change was simple, paying attention to actions as opposed to being distracted by thoughts, to which I am prone.
    I've always been quite careful with my actions and words, but sometimes when I have been too much in my thoughts then there have been moments when I have slipped or even possibly injured myself, never anything too serious. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been lost in my thoughts that moment, it was careless of me as I always tell myself that I should pay attention to my surroundings.

It's interesting what you said about deja vu's and possibly altering events or possible outcomes. Do we have free will and how much? I think all is already written and we just get to experience it here, but I think there is still some kind of possibility for us to at least avoid harmful things from happening, I suspect that is protection from our higher self and or the guardian angels too.

I don't remember having any significant deja vu's in a good while now, but I still remember when I used to have them.

It's always quite a weird and interesting feeling.

"The sentiment du déjà-vu is based, as I have found in a number of cases, on a foreknowledge in dreams, but we saw that this foreknowledge can also occur in the waking state. In such cases mere chance becomes highly improbable because the coincidence is known in advance. It thus loses its chance character not only psychologically and subjectively, but objectively too, since the accumulation of details that coincide immeasurably increases the improbability of chance as a determining factor. (For correct precognitions of death, Dariex and Flammarion have computed probabilities ranging from 1 in 4,000,000 to 1 in 8,000,000.) So in these cases it would be incongruous to speak of “chance” happenings. It is rather a question of meaningful coincidences. Usually they are explained by precognition—in other words, foreknowledge.

As always when an external event touches on some unconscious knowledge, this knowledge can reach consciousness. The event is recognized as a déjà vu, and one remembers a pre-existent knowledge about it."
    ~ Carl Jung

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Dreamtimer (7th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    I decided long ago to not interfere with my dreams but let them unfold and show me what they had to show. I didn't want to screw up things with expectations or hopelessness.

It's likely that things are set in stone like a novel a person might write. They know the characters and story. But through the writing and editing process details alter, events take on new aspects.

So not all details will be inevitable. Because 'there are many paths to the same destination', I believe there is wiggle room.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2021), Wind (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    I think it was last night that I had a dream that I was accosted outside of a roadside restaurant/bar. I was accused of stealing something from the back of this guy's pickup. It was obvious that I hadn't done it but the guy just had a sinister smirky look on his face. About that time another guy came from around another car towards me and it was then I knew I was in trouble with these guys. I didn't know if they had weapons or what so I was pretty unsure as to what to do.

It was a weird dream as there was no real context in my life to precipitate that kind of dream. The thing is my half-sisters from California are flying in tomorrow afternoon and will drive a rented car to their hotel which is in the community where I live. I offered to meet them at the airport to help navigate them to the hotel but they declined saying they wouldn't have any problems. I just said ok, but had a urge to tell them to be careful. My sister, the shrink, is completely open to the paranormal and has stated that 'our' mother seemed to have had a number of such experiences. She picked up on my empathic nature immediately she said. (I don't know how true that is). Empathy is not of necessity a supernormal characteristic in any case.

I didn't because as when my daughter was hurt on an outing with her friends, I had that spidey sense tingling that it was going to happen, but it was just a nudge if you know what I mean so I didn't mention it. I'm sure they will be okay as there was only a loose connection, though the time proximity was close but not that close.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Dreamtimer (7th June 2021), Wind (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    I didn't because as when my daughter was hurt on an outing with her friends, I had that spidey sense tingling that it was going to happen, but it was just a nudge if you know what I mean so I didn't mention it. I'm sure they will be okay as there was only a loose connection, though the time proximity was close but not that close.
    I think it's obvious that you have an ability to sense things such as threats at least when it comes to loved ones, this ability is innate in every human being, but I think some people are just more aware or sensitive. Although I would know nothing about being a parent, from what I've heard mothers tend to have a very deep connection to their children often and can feel if something is wrong or that they would need help even if they are very far away. So why could it not apply to fathers too, from what I've gathered you tend to have a quite close relationship with your daughter so obviously you would sense if something is threatening her. Perhaps you can pick up such sensations from other people who are close to you. This sixth sense, if you will, has kept people safe and alive for millenias when danger has been lurking around the corner.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Dreamtimer (7th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I think it's obvious that you have an ability to sense things such as threats at least when it comes to loved ones, this ability is innate in every human being, but I think some people are just more aware or sensitive. Although I would know nothing about being a parent, from what I've heard mothers tend to have a very deep connection to their children often and can feel if something is wrong or that they would need help even if they are very far away. So why could it not apply to fathers too, from what I've gathered you tend to have a quite close relationship with your daughter so obviously you would sense if something is threatening her. Perhaps you can pick up such sensations from other people who are close to you. This sixth sense, if you will, has kept people safe and alive for millenias when danger has been lurking around the corner.
    yeah, makes sense for sure ...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2021), Dreamtimer (7th June 2021), Wind (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    The Native Americans would dream about where the hunt would be. They would then go and find it. I believe instincts are in part influenced by dreams.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2021), Wind (7th June 2021)

Thanks
    In the past week my dreams have been "different" again. Every morning before I wake up, I get glimpses about what is to come or has just happened during that day, every single day and somehow they also relate to people who interact with me. That might spook me if I wouldn't have been used to experiencing such things before too. It is just very interesting to observe the sensations and feelings when it comes to that, it's like the veil between the dream world and this reality is thinner now. I don't know if it's just the case with me now or collectively. I have been told that I am a dreamwalker and possibly a shaman although I don't like to take such titles easily, but some things are never forgotten I suppose...
    Last edited by Wind, 13th October 2021 at 15:30.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2021), Dreamtimer (13th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2021)

Thanks
    It seems that interactions with other humans are an important part of our journey here.

Dreaming the way you've described is certainly shamanic. There are several paths you could take. Dream sharing, healing, dream incubation, re-entry, connecting with lost parts of a person's spirit which is often an inner child, connecting with other lifetimes, connecting with those who have passed and more.

You could choose a path which works for you.

It seems like dreamwalking is much like astral travel.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2021), Wind (13th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    In the past week my dreams have been "different" again. Every morning before I wake up, I get glimpses about what is to come or has just happened during that day, every single day and somehow they also relate to people who interact with me. That might spook me if I wouldn't have been used to experiencing such things before too. It is just very interesting to observe the sensations and feelings when it comes to that, it's like the veil between the dream world and this reality is thinner now. I don't know if it's just the case with me now or collectively. I have been told that I am a dreamwalker and possibly a shaman although I don't like to take such titles easily, but some things are never forgotten I suppose...
    Same here, Wind ... spending another week back home in Kansas... weird 'relevant' dreams every night. Kind of buggin' me, truth be told.

Last week before traveling I had a dream about a 'very young child' but it wasn't a positive one. My grand niece got married on Sunday, so my 1st thought was that she must be pregnant. That's a nay, so far as everyone knows. But it turned out my sister-in-law's sister was scheduled to fly to Kansas from North Carolina (I lived there for awhile about 25 years ago, she's been there for about 22) and she had to change her plans and drive because there was no one available to take care of her grandchild who is about 2 years old. His mother was working and he has no father, nor even met him apparently. Another heart ripper for me. But anyway he is a really cool kid, very upbeat, I guess he doesn't realize how screwed he is yet.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 13th October 2021 at 17:36.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2021), Wind (13th October 2021)