Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Trump - Fixing the System

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The old management has been ousted in favor of the new corporate overlord, but it still is a corporate overlord. There's no "we, the people" involved in any of that.
    The rights enshrined to"We The People" do actually still exist in all practicality, but it takes a lot of individual self education to begin understanding how to access and harness that still potent lightning rod of power. Even so one had better be prepared for initial wrongful (and often spiteful!) arrest outside of law anyway for daring to do so, while trusting the court system to come through in the end.

It does still happen.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2017), Aragorn (24th November 2017), Dreamtimer (25th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th November 2017), Elen (24th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th November 2017), enjoy being (24th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (24th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    And it could still be it was a better option than the other one... which starts off a whole screed of potential yabbering and obfuscation.
    To an end where if one has the chance to pull the bickering amateur debaters off each other in webforums around the world, it comes back to what many of us say, the thing that is most important or that would solve the bulk of problems, is each individual managing to get a grip on themselves and resist the poisonous attributes within them.
    It's the little things, the white lies, the distortions made just because of an individuals hopes and fears. A reporter or an 'expert' stating as a false witness, that something or other is the "worst case they have ever seen". Doing things in the guise of best intentions, but they are fictions made due to the individuals emotional imbalance.
    This system doesn't necessarily require fixing, it requires a better quality of participants. From the top down to the bottom.
    And just another good reason to individually write down issues, feelings, problems, etc. pertinent to the self and then burning it........it is a good place to start versus externally...... who needs to know or see what you write....it is a safe action of maturation and highly recommended .... just my 3 cents worth
    Last edited by sandy, 24th November 2017 at 01:22. Reason: double post

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th November 2017), Aragorn (24th November 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th November 2017), Elen (24th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th November 2017), enjoy being (24th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (24th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    And just another good reason to individually write down issues, feelings, problems, etc. pertinent to the self and then burning it........it is a good place to start versus externally...... who needs to know or see what you write....it is a safe action of maturation and highly recommended .... just my 3 cents worth
    It is, Sandy. Well it sounds good. I am not sure where I first heard of it or the versions of it. I have noted that that 'giveaway' term I keep seeing in the recent posts list, ended up being a name for this same technique. It didn't originate there though, it is a very old concept.
    Also similar in theory to the "mindseye healing" technique I outlined in a thread a few months back.

In terms of mass change, my past opinion on the chances of this happening is that it would require each individual to face their individual lessons and rise out of 'rock bottom'. The journey into the Dark Night of the Soul. The great test which de-constructs the person and allows them to feel genuine choices.
    On one hand I see that it may be fine for this to happen one at a time at any time stretching into the distance, but on the other hand one is aware of how this could just mean ships passing in the night, and when the few change their ways, the others take advantage.
    So then I became aware of the notion of grand scale events causing change, as a trigger to mass journey into the Dark Night of the Soul. In turning this concept over, it became apparent that such a notion might be a thing which the trap of a negative orientated service to others philanthropist might entertain. Meaning someone attempting to cause such a climate in some mad theory that it will help set the fire in which each persons phoenix would rise. Presuming that for such a thing to happen one would be talking about an event which would be a great catastrophe or tribulation.. an aside to that was an epiphany I had, that some of those that might need the biggest rocket, are also the softest and most spoiled, so they may well not really need a huge catastrophe to set them off on their journey. Just an appropriate one perfectly relating to their dialogue.

I feel that may have been a bit confusing. So there are the two camps. Chipping away in increments of baby steps, or burning paper.. or being put through the ringer and hitting rock bottom.
    I have been aware frequently of how sometimes a person is on their journey to rock bottom, and either people trying to help or save them, takes them away from the path they were on, stalling or prolonging their journey. They may choose to for instance, write down and burn, and that may well be effective as it is them taking the steps and as you say, it is not an externalised process.
    I am not saying one is better or worse. Mainly I think I am highlighting the result from interference of others even when they are well meaning. We are here for experience and need to experience our lessons for them to be genuine. It makes one aware of how influenced we can be. In many ways "it is a minefield out there", this sort of curliness to life for humans seems like a natural state. Adding to the notion of the place being a school to experience trauma and hard times.
    There's those wild life shows that show how orphaned wild animals usually have all the skills needed to BE their species, via instincts. Holding that up next to the concept relaying in Lord of the Flies, makes one wonder.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 24th November 2017 at 02:10.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th November 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th November 2017), Elen (24th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (24th November 2017), sandy (25th November 2017), Wind (25th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi Nothing,

"This system doesn't necessarily require fixing, it requires a better quality of participants. From the top down to the bottom."

You nailed it...no matter what we call the 'system', any system, it will always be comprised of individuals that 'lead' based on their 'instincts'. Some research suggests these 'instincts' and 'proclivities' go beyond personality tendencies to the very core of genetic mandates.

The answer is still the same!

NAP

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th November 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th November 2017), Elen (24th November 2017), enjoy being (24th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), sandy (25th November 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    ...I prefer Dark Knight of the soul, myself...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th November 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Elen (25th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th November 2017), enjoy being (24th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), sandy (25th November 2017), Wind (25th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th November 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th November 2017), Elen (25th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th November 2017), Herbert (25th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (25th November 2017), sandy (25th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Yes Wind....LOVE is the answer but more than that it is " SELF LOVE "......

NOT self indulgence either but True Personal Integrity.......about your inner good, bad and ugly and enhancing what makes you love yourself and finding ways to change the things you don't!!...............in essence; what Nothing was saying at least to my understanding.

I'm working on " SELF LOVE " and some of it has been enthralling, intriguing and thrilling but for the most part it is the dark knight of the soul however what a joy to finally accept it, love that part of me and say goodbye to many facets and ways of being too. With understanding I can let go of old ways of surviving and be thankful for them getting me to where I am today. One thing about letting go of an old behavior is, it will never really leave and will pop back up immediately if you are ever in a real bind and the old way, is the only way out, for genuine survival.

When I LOVE me, my transfer of LOVE to others is genuine, and has no agendas or expectations. I am full of patience, understanding, forgiveness and compassion. Big roster to fill daily. Thus the work is ongoing as it is a neverending mindfulness that is needed just to stay on top of my own thoughts, feelings, and actions that keep me interacting in this world today.

My focus is LOVE and oh how I can slip up when I procrastinate the taking care of my Self Love!!

I am Grateful and gives Thanks to all the Members, the Forum and TOT Staff for facilitating a safe place to learn and grow.

Last edited by sandy, 25th November 2017 at 01:56.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th November 2017), Dreamtimer (25th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (26th November 2017), Elen (25th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th November 2017), Herbert (25th November 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (25th November 2017), Paloma (25th November 2017), Wind (25th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Trump might just have destabilized the whole Middle East with this statement. But hey, at least he didn't start any wars there... Yet!

I like to knock on wood so let's just hope that this won't cause any problems. Any bets?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (7th December 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (6th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    There is a saying, To throw the cat among the pigeons. The status quo in the ME has been stagnant. Not anymore.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (7th December 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), Wind (7th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Trump might just have destabilized the whole Middle East with this statement. But hey, at least he didn't start any wars there... Yet!

I like to knock on wood so let's just hope that this won't cause any problems. Any bets?

I've read about that stunt in the mainstream news, or perhaps better put, I saw the headline in my Google News feed — I didn't feel a need to read the actual article.

There is so much wrong with that speech that I don't even know where to begin.

So what we have here, is a mafia-related and misogynist racist who has been elected* by other mafioso, white-supremacists and other fascists as the head of state of a developing nation which spends well over 60% of its gross national income on its military, and who is referring to a similarly fascist regime in the Middle-East as "one of the most successful democracies in the world", as well as that he's single-handedly relocating said Middle-Eastern country's capitol on religious grounds, and all that while he's not even a citizen of said country.

* Not that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice by any stretch, of course. But then again, if your only choice is between two evils, then you always lose, no matter what.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (7th December 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (7th December 2017), sandy (7th December 2017), Wind (7th December 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Aragorn,

you don't have to be an apologist for Trump...Hillary has at least a modicum of sanity and intelligence, neither of which are notable Trump characteristics. Modwiz is correct in one fashion, if you want to unseat the status quo, well, we have our man. Trump is disinterested in contemplating the potential world wide conflagration...talk about excitement, I've been bored since the first cold war ended. I've said before that prior to my daughter's birth, I felt that a nuclear holocaust was man's best hope.

If I didn't know human nature, I would say that the right is undergoing a fatal meltdown, but given that most people don't have a historical/hysterical attention span beyond a few days, they will likely survive.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th December 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (8th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Tha chaos of Trump doesn't conveniently get rid of the cabal or the deep state or any of that. What it does is undermine and corrode the institutions we have that enable us to live our lives. There isn't another, better plan in place once democracy is undermined or gone completely.

Trump admires strong-men, like Putin. He's jealous of Kim Jong-un.

We should be very careful what we wish for. The chaos of Trump doesn't bring prosperity and peace.

It brings warlords and strongmen.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (8th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (8th December 2017), Kathy (8th December 2017), modwiz (8th December 2017), Wind (9th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Regarding the insanity of our world, Zeitgeists happen all of a sudden and when that energy enters the arena things just change and conclusions result in good changes. Zeitgeists happen, it seems to me, when the majority of minds agree.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th December 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (8th December 2017), Herbert (8th December 2017), modwiz (8th December 2017), Wind (9th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Lately I’m taking a dog/flea view of our relationship with Gaia. In our flea centric world view, we are forgetting Gaia is being poisoned by our noxious activities, thus we are about to embark on a visit to the vet where a de-fleaing operation is about to begin. DW/CG and the Blue Chicken cultists think this is a positive “leveling up” operation. I’m not so sure. We are a particularly nasty sort of flea. We tend to not get along with anyone, particularly ourselves, much less the dog.

By the Blue Chicken cult’s own account, we have blown up one planet, withered another, and are well on our he way towards fouling this one.

Take joy in your extinction.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th December 2017), Dreamtimer (8th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (8th December 2017), Kathy (9th December 2017), modwiz (8th December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Lately I’m taking a dog/flea view of our relationship with Gaia. In our flea centric world view, we are forgetting Gaia is being poisoned by our noxious activities, thus we are about to embark on a visit to the vet where a de-fleaing operation is about to begin. DW/CG and the Blue Chicken cultists think this is a positive “leveling up” operation. I’m not so sure. We are a particularly nasty sort of flea. We tend to not get along with anyone, particularly ourselves, much less the dog.

By the Blue Chicken cult’s own account, we have blown up one planet, withered another, and are well on our he way towards fouling this one.

Take joy in your extinction.
    Amen!

NAP
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (8th December 2017), Elen (9th December 2017), Kathy (9th December 2017), modwiz (8th December 2017)