Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So-called artist posts artwork...

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi Aragorn,

Back to business...

I uploaded about 10 images and put them in an album...I only see one and I don't see anyway to edit the album...Can you help?

thanks

NAP
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Gio, just for the record — and you know we love you, Bro — I've personally cleaned up that other thread by dropping everything I was doing and deleting nine (9) posts full of 15th-century-Highlander-style headbutting between an Italian and a Kiwi from it, so I would appreciate it if you could spare me the trouble of having to do the same thing on this thread here as well.

Between posting on the forum, fixing bugs, keeping members from going head-to-head with one another and having to read what was without a shred of doubt the most personally hurtful and vitriolic private message I've received in years, I've sort of had my share of shit for the day, you know?

I have every right to respond Aragorn, perhaps you need to stop 'cleaning up' legitimate posting ?
    The posts I've deleted from that other thread were full of mudslinging back and forth. There was nothing of value in them, and it only makes the forum look bad to members and visitors alike. Those posts had no legitimate reason to persist.

Are you questioning my judgment as an administrator with two-plus years of experience on the job, Gio?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I wish you would have waited to let me see them ...
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hi Aragorn,

Back to business...

I uploaded about 10 images and put them in an album...I only see one and I don't see anyway to edit the album...Can you help?

thanks

NAP
    Hmm... I see a whole bunch of images in that album, although I haven't counted them.

However, you've set that album to "private", so nobody's going to be able to see those images.
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts
    The posts I've deleted from that other thread were full of mudslinging back and forth. There was nothing of value in them, and it only makes the forum look bad to members and visitors alike. Those posts had no legitimate reason to persist.

Are you questioning my judgment as an administrator with two-plus years of experience on the job, Gio?
    I said nothing in them inappropeiate in those deleted comments.

Perhaps you are over dramatizing here a bit ?

BTW ! I could say Paul (PA2 administrator) was a good administrator two years into his tenure there ...
    Now four years later, i wouldn't.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    PS ~ i take offence that you ( and others) keep referring to me as an 'Italian' ~
    FYI - my mother's family were Welsh and German.
    You added the above to your post after I had already replied to you.

If I call you an Italian, then that is exclusively because you yourself regularly identify with your half-Italian roots — you've even done it in the first "Voices of the Forums" video conference that I participated in, and that you were the co-host of together with Radagast.

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that I would be either xenophobic or a racist.

I said nothing in them inappropeiate in those deleted comments.
    Really, you didn't? From where I was sitting, all of that was ad hominem and needlessly confrontational.

You could have taken it to private messaging if it was that important. But then again, it has been my observation that people who insist on comparing their respective and proverbial penis sizes generally tend to prefer doing so before an audience.

Perhaps you are over dramatizing here a bit ?
    I can assure you that my colleagues felt every bit as shocked by that exchange as I did, Gio. They had already reported it to the mod room before I even managed to get online.

BTW ! I could say Paul (PA2 administrator) was a good administrator two years into his tenure there ...
    Now four years later, i wouldn't.
    And now you are comparing me to Paul Jackson? Yeah, sure, whatever — why not? I've already been compared to Bill Ryan and even to Lucifer today as well, so I guess that all things considered, being compared to Paul isn't so bad yet then.

...to the topTop

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks

Exclamation

You added the above to your post after I had already replied to you.

If I call you an Italian, then that is exclusively because you yourself regularly identify with your half-Italian roots — you've even done it in the first "Voices of the Forums" video conference that I participated in, and that you were the co-host of together with Radagast.

I hope you're not seriously suggesting that I would be either xenophobic or a racist.

No ...

Just stop doing it.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    No ...

Just stop doing it.
    Okay... Acronymian.
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Perhaps you didn't know this yet, but Nothing has created an album here with some of his work.

(Note: Photo albums are members-only.)

I have just made an album here with a larger bunch of paintings from over a few decades. I got sick of uploading so stopped at that.
    Over my life the 7 year cycle has certainly been a thing, in which I make lots of work for 7 years then not much for 7 years. Going by that, I am currently at about year 4 of the 7 years of static output. I'm busying myself with wire weaving and jade carving in the meantime!
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks

Really, you didn't?

No i didn't.

From where I was sitting, all of that was ad hominem and needlessly confrontational.

Not from my (deleted posted) comments or perspective.

You could have taken it to private messaging if it was that important. But then again, it has been my observation that people who insist on comparing their respective and proverbial penis sizes generally tend to prefer doing so before an audience.

Now your adding to what was never there.

Shame on you !

Your a piece of work.

Okay... Acronymian.
    I rest my case.

I am now.
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Okay... Acronymian.
    I rest my case.
    Quoting from The Free Dictionary...:

hu·mor
    n.

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.
    2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
    3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd: "Man's sense of humor seems to be in inverse proportion to the gravity of his profession" (Mary Roberts Rinehart).

I am now.
    As you wish, Gio. Your objections to my role as an administrator here have been noted and reported to the mod room. I'm sure Malc's judgment will be fair — as always. I will of course also draw my own conclusions on account of my future interactions with you.

Have a nice day. Then at least one of us will.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Amazing Aragorn, you managed to edit your above post without even publically recording it ...

I for one, can no longer trust you.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Amazing Aragorn, you managed to edit your above post without even publically recording it ...

I for one, can no longer trust you.
    What you mean is that there isn't a "Last edited by" notice at the bottom of my post. Whether there is or isn't a requirement for such a notice is an option in the Admin Control Panel which can be turned on or off for each individual user group. Given that Malc and I both have to be able to post forum notices, announcements and force-read threads, the requirement for such an edit line is not and never has been set for administrators. However, both Malc and I will always include such a notice manually if we have to edit somebody else's post for whatever reason.

Just because we as staff members wield a certain power does not by definition mean that we will abuse that power. I am and have always been completely transparent toward our members, and the same is true of all my colleagues in the mod room. Every member of the staff of The One Truth was handpicked for their integrity and their sense of honor, and I think we have all already long proven ourselves worthy of the responsibility.

For that matter, you have personally spoken face to face with me for — what was it? — over five hours on end during and after that Voices of the Forums conference that we were both part of, and if you then still cannot trust me, then you never will.

When you join up at a forum, then having faith in the staff members of that forum is always going to be an implicit requirement, because they will always hold more power than a regular member. If you cannot muster that faith, then joining up at any forum at all is only going to create a nightmare for yourself. Therefore, if you find that you cannot trust the management of The One Truth because of the moderation powers we hold, then perhaps it is time for you to reconsider your membership here — and for that matter, likewise at any other forum you might be a member of.

I've said what I needed to say. What you do with it is your decision. After your publicly expressed distrust in my judgment higher up this thread, I am no longer going to concern myself with your opinion of me.

...to the topTop

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017), Wind (22nd November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    This is going to be an awesome thread if it survives the birthing.
    ...to the topTop

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (21st November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Birthing was painful and took hours. I needed pitocin too. Not complaining, without it I may have died.

Art is awesome and it's so hard to be an artist. I'm more a crafter at the moment, knitting and crochet, but there's some art to it. Especially when you design your own things. I even came across a website where a woman makes art with her crochet. She made up a word, scromble, for some of her creations. I made my own scromble and it sits on display. Perhaps I'll take a photo of it and post it here.

My mom painted and drew a bit but never pursued her art because she had no confidence. That was sad.
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th November 2017), Elen (21st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), Kathy (20th November 2017)