Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: The Jewish Domination Of Power.

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Yes Wind, and it matters so much now. It can't be allowed to proceed. The largely unpopular govt of Netanyahooo has forged alliances with the hard right in the U.S, and perhaps globally. I don't think Netanyahoo is motivated by fear as much as greed...but I do have a great deal of sympathy for those who are living in a constant state of fear and anxiety, due to the past.

The Iranian nuclear deal being scuttled is dangerous for us all. Ironically, it might be most dangerous for Israelis. No wonder so many of them want Netanyahu gone.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (4th August 2020), Elen (4th August 2020), Wind (3rd August 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    And more.....

Among other measures, it downgrades Arabic from being an official language and encourages settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank, and has been met with fierce protests.

The cartoon was published on Tuesday in the Jerusalem Report, a biweekly magazine supplement of the Jerusalem Post. Katz also posted his work to his personal Facebook page, describing the new law as “shameful”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8464391.html

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2020), Aragorn (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (4th August 2020), Elen (4th August 2020), Wind (3rd August 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Another cartoonist bites the dust. Steve Bell, cartoonist of 40 years standing.

Steve Bell has admonished the newspaper for rejecting his cartoons:

Last July, Mr Bell attacked his editors’ refusal to run a cartoon featuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Labour deputy leader Tom Watson , suggesting it is due to “some mysterious editorial line” about antisemitism.

https://www.dailycartoonist.com/inde...bell-contract/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The anti-semite card can be used like the anti-racist card.

I had a student back in the day who would slack off on his work and try to cheat and if you called him out on it he'd call you racist. It's tough to deal with but I did't let him intimidate me (nor did the librarian) because if you give that stuff an inch, miles will be taken.

Israel is bringing itself problems (sooner or later) with its treatment of the Palestinians. I don't understand why it continues. I feel like people are being very short-sighted as well as cruel to the Palestinians. It's bad karma.

Especially from a people who themselves were so abused.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th August 2020), Elen (5th August 2020), Octopus Garden (4th August 2020), Wind (4th August 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    People are protesting Netanyahu.

Thousands of demonstrators took to the streets outside Benjamin Netanyahu’s house over the weekend in what appeared to be the largest protest to date calling for the embattled Israeli prime minister to resign.

Rallies on Saturday night and into the early hours of Sunday morning were held in Jerusalem, home to the official residence of the 70-year-old leader, as well as his beach house in central Israel, near Tel Aviv, and at dozens of road intersections across the country.

Throughout the summer, Israelis have packed roads and squares calling for Netanyahu to resign, protesting against his government’s handling of the country’s coronavirus crisis and charges of alleged corruption.
    T'ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights
    @truahrabbis

Israelis are standing up against Netanyahu’s illiberal government by the thousands. We love to see it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th August 2020), Elen (5th August 2020), Octopus Garden (5th August 2020), Wind (4th August 2020)